Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   10-11 in color combo chart? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/10-11-color-combo-chart-505913/)

beccabatgirl 09-14-2010 10:11 AM

10-11 in color combo chart?

I know in years past SU had a pdf with in-color combos, and I'm wondering if there is one for the 2010-2011 in colors. Anyone have a link? Thanks!

stamphappy1650 09-14-2010 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Opps never mind the chart attached doesn't have In Color combos - sorry

Minders 09-14-2010 10:58 AM

I think that is what the OP wanted. It doesn't have strictly in-color combos but I don't ever remember having JUST the in colors but all of the colors. I hadn't looked at this chart too much but now I want to play with some of the combos!~!!!!!

beccabatgirl 09-14-2010 11:00 AM

There are a couple in colors on there, thanks! Is this the only chart they came up with this year?

Minders 09-14-2010 11:08 AM

It's all I see at the moment:-/ I wish there were more as well!

stamphappy1650 09-14-2010 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've attached another file that might help. I don't care for the new color coach so I copied all the informtion into this document. It has all the colors and their coordinating colors. The first page has space to stamp the 2-step stamping colors. I attached the pages back-to-back for an easy reference and so far it works well for me to just scan the doc to find the color I want to use.

HTH

lovemycards 09-14-2010 12:40 PM

Stamphappy1650: Wow, thank you for this pdf!!! I was going to get the color coach, but then heard bad reviews, but I still wanted the combos. This is exactly what I wanted!

Quick question: what is two-step stamping colors?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

krystie lee 09-14-2010 01:41 PM

Becky- The new color coach includes in-color cards, too. I assume they'll offer the in-color cards as an add-on to the new coach each year now.

stamphappy1650 09-14-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemycards (Post 17308654)
Stamphappy1650: Wow, thank you for this pdf!!! I was going to get the color coach, but then heard bad reviews, but I still wanted the combos. This is exactly what I wanted!

Quick question: what is two-step stamping colors?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

2-step stamping is where you layer a light and dark color inks using stamps that are usually designed for 2-step stamping. The stamp set Greenhouse Garden (13824) is designed for 2-step stamping.

The set is designed so that you can stamp the petals in a light shade and then stamp the petal outlines and center in a darker shade. These are the "2-steps".

The chart shows you the 2 colors that match to give the a good light/dark combination. You can also stamp-off (ink the stamp, stamp on scratch paper, and then stamp your image) to get a lighter color. You stamp the second time without stamping-off for the darker shade.

Also, Using a stamp-a-ma-jig helps with aligning the 2 images.

HTH

stamphappy1650 09-14-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie lee (Post 17308885)
Becky- The new color coach includes in-color cards, too. I assume they'll offer the in-color cards as an add-on to the new coach each year now.

That's supposed to be the plan. When I got my color coach the In Colors where in a seperate package.

beccabatgirl 09-14-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie lee (Post 17308885)

I had thought that the new color coach with the combos on the back was the reason there wasn't a bigger color combo chart. I really don't want to buy it seeing as I have my own sampler already. Guess I'll just have to come up with my own combos!

beccabatgirl 09-14-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 17308450)
I've attached another file that might help. I don't care for the new color coach so I copied all the informtion into this document. It has all the colors and their coordinating colors. The first page has space to stamp the 2-step stamping colors. I attached the pages back-to-back for an easy reference and so far it works well for me to just scan the doc to find the color I want to use.

HTH

Thanks a bunch for this!

lovemycards 09-14-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 17308932)
2-step stamping is where you layer a light and dark color inks using stamps that are usually designed for 2-step stamping. The stamp set Greenhouse Garden (13824) is designed for 2-step stamping.

The set is designed so that you can stamp the petals in a light shade and then stamp the petal outlines and center in a darker shade. These are the "2-steps".

The chart shows you the 2 colors that match to give the a good light/dark combination. You can also stamp-off (ink the stamp, stamp on scratch paper, and then stamp your image) to get a lighter color. You stamp the second time without stamping-off for the darker shade.

HTH

Thank you for this info! I've never used 2 different colors for two-step stamping. Always just the stamp off method that I learned from my first demo. But now I may try the two-step color combos and see how it looks!

Thanks again!

stampencamper 09-15-2010 07:31 AM

these files are the highlight of my day, thanks

stampencamper 09-15-2010 07:34 AM

the chart shows color combo, the first column, then sweet set,
and getting started cardstock collection. what is the sweet set?
another combination or what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 17308450)

HTH

Debra Hogg 09-15-2010 08:43 AM

subbing then I can go down to the other computor and print off, got to get the laptop set up to just hit print and send it off

Debra Hogg 09-15-2010 10:07 AM

well just pull it off and there was colour... does anyone have links to the other yrs, cuz when I pull those off only clear round circles and then the colour names underneath it came up. Guess my colour was out and I didn't realize it and just figure that the way it was. Thanks

stamphappy1650 09-15-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper (Post 17311982)
the chart shows color combo, the first column, then sweet set,
and getting started cardstock collection. what is the sweet set?
another combination or what?

The Sweet Set are a second set of color combinations using other core colors. Just more to love :)

stamphappy1650 09-15-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra Hogg (Post 17312674)
well just pull it off and there was colour... does anyone have links to the other yrs, cuz when I pull those off only clear round circles and then the colour names underneath it came up. Guess my colour was out and I didn't realize it and just figure that the way it was. Thanks

By any chance is your printer set to grey scale and will only print black and white?

53queenbee 09-15-2010 12:57 PM

Thanks... this is great!

Debra Hogg 09-15-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 17313301)
By any chance is your printer set to grey scale and will only print black and white?

nope not unless the kids touch it, I didn't do anything different just hit the button to print off. I think it was a colour cartridge running out of ink

snowowl 09-16-2010 07:42 AM

SUBBING

Debra Hogg 09-18-2010 09:30 AM

bumping it see if anyone has the other yrs in colours pdf files :)

Cat 09-19-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra Hogg (Post 17327213)
bumping it see if anyone has the other yrs in colours pdf files :)

hey Debra - i've got them all posted over in the downloads forum. check here.

DigitalStamper63 09-19-2010 02:16 PM

Great Reference!

Subbing so I don't forget where I found this great reference!

Kelli

binx 09-19-2010 05:25 PM

Thank y'all SO MUCH for this info - it's a treasure.

Debra Hogg 09-19-2010 10:27 PM

Cat....I luv ya girl thanks so much

jkminor 01-01-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 17308932)

HTH

Thank you so much.. You are so helpful as always.. Your stamp index sheets gave me great ideas to develop my own and now I have almost all my stamp sets stamped and in a huge catalog lol... that I have put together with 2 big metal rings...

HUgs
Jaunice

stamphappy1650 01-02-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkminor (Post 17752653)
Thank you so much.. You are so helpful as always.. Your stamp index sheets gave me great ideas to develop my own and now I have almost all my stamp sets stamped and in a huge catalog lol... that I have put together with 2 big metal rings...

HUgs
Jaunice

Glad to be able to help :)

grandmabear49 01-03-2011 09:17 AM

Thank U

:DIappreciate the time U spent on this. I save it in my files to print off later. I t works even for other brands etc since it gives ideas for color themes.
I worked Wed. on stamping stamps into my stamp index. S:rolleyes:Some haven't been stamped & I had them 6 mo's. Now they are in order.:)

Browneyed Girl 01-03-2011 10:32 AM

Just adding my thanks to Stamphappy for the great resource. I didn't want to get the colour coach, and now that I see yours I like it much better.

ValH 01-08-2011 12:15 PM

Thanks to all the hard-working stampers who share these types of files. It sure makes life easier for everyone (except the one who originally did the work). Thanks stamphappy1650.

Val