Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   **SOB** So long my beloved Roses..... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/%2A%2Asob%2A%2A-so-long-my-beloved-roses-245055/)

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 08:47 AM

**SOB** So long my beloved Roses.....

I am so sad to see my Roses In Winter retiring. Not that I'll be giving it up - I mean, DUDE! Who would want my set, it's so incredibly stained now!

I know this means we'll get lots of new great florals, but perhaps a moment of silence for the Roses.......:(

Ally 05-01-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
I am so sad to see my Roses In Winter retiring. Not that I'll be giving it up - I mean, DUDE! Who would want my set, it's so incredibly stained now!

I know this means we'll get lots of new great florals, but perhaps a moment of silence for the Roses.......:(

I'm with you Emily, I'm a little upset that In Full Bloom has retired, but I'm definitely in mourning for Roses in Winter.
I just gave my Wild Rose set to a friend, because I just can't make a thing with it, so even if it is retiring, I think my RIW will see much more action, lol.

mommyof2 05-01-2007 09:14 AM

I know what you mean - RIW, IFB and Petal Prints are the florals that I constantly reach for. But I sure won't stop using them.

stampscout 05-01-2007 09:18 AM

Oh my, poor Emily. She is the first one I thought of when I saw RIW on the list. As for self, I'm in mourning for Petal Prints. But, Emily's right, just think of the new beauties that will replace them!

Mousie 05-01-2007 09:19 AM

Just when I thought I had all of the florals, they retire a bunch and no doubt will introduce a whole bunch more. Darn it!!! I'll have to buy the new ones now!!

But it looks like they have retired a lot of the sets that were on everyone's "Which sets do you hope SU finally retires" list. Like Nice & Easy Notes, Little Hellos etc.

I'm surprised at the number of new sets that were introduced last year that are retiring already. Well, not too surprised because some of them were weird like Super Squirrel and No Place Like Gnome.

Carol Haney 05-01-2007 09:22 AM

I just don't get it with this set. I don't like it, I never have and not one of the cards made with it has made me change my mind. I thought there must be something wrong with me because everyone is gaga over this set!!!! To me it looks like something Grandma would wear on her sweatshirt.

YouInkIt 05-01-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Haney
I just don't get it with this set. I don't like it, I never have and not one of the cards made with it has made me change my mind. I thought there must be something wrong with me because everyone is gaga over this set!!!! To me it looks like something Grandma would wear on her sweatshirt.

Oh good, I'm not the only one. I've never liked it either. I'm much more of a Mixed Bouquet kinda gal (and speaking of which, :cry:)

amesbabe 05-01-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Amen!! I have to admit I appreciate the beautiful cards Emily makes with this set, but I still think the "look" is mostly Grandma!

cincimom 05-01-2007 10:13 AM

I'm mourning the Roses and I don't even own it yet. It is definitely on my buy list.

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

that's fine, you're entitled to your opinions, lol!

JulieHRR 05-01-2007 10:54 AM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...consoling2.gif I feel for ya', Emily. I never got that set, but, have often drooled over all the things made with it, including your lovely creations.

Take heart, my friend.

Something good *must* be around the corner!

I will take a knee, tho, in honor of your mourning. ;)

emmiestamps 05-01-2007 10:55 AM

I am so sad to see RIW go :( I love this set, but since I'm not a demo I guess I can still use a lot :rolleyes:

crazysuziestamper 05-01-2007 11:05 AM

Emily, I am so sorry you are upset. You must really LOVE RIW. While I like flowers and have a lot of flower stamps RIW just didn't do it for me. The world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things. Lets all have a moment of silence for Emily and her beloved RIW :( She made beautiful cards with this set. I know SU will come out with something you will really like!! (hugs)

Clownmom 05-01-2007 11:12 AM

I just got RIW about two months ago -- and so glad I did. Don't know why I waited so long. I'm just a hobby demo, so it doesn't matter to me that it's retired.

crazyladyjay 05-01-2007 11:14 AM

I immediately thought of you and all your RIW creations when I saw it was retiring! I am keeping mine!

MWDStamp 05-01-2007 11:16 AM

I finally got this set during SAB. I am still learning how to best use it. Sorry to see it go. Sounds like I need to check out Emily's gallery for inspiration on this set.

StampinChrissylea 05-01-2007 11:18 AM

silence........................................... ...................

more silence........................................... ..............

Hope for a better rose set..........................

Doubt...................................

Hugs em.!

Jillgunter 05-01-2007 11:22 AM

They finally retired my first stamp set, Watercolor Garden. I am excited to see what they have in store for us. I am also excited I get to be hostess for my Stampin 10 club in September, new hostess sets yay!!

staramaze 05-01-2007 11:37 AM

I knew there would be tears shed over that set! I am sorry for you! :(

resqbarbie 05-01-2007 11:40 AM

oh man.....I just got roses in winter...lucky me! now I have to put in an order to get all my other ones that I said, oh next time I'll order this one....

resqbarbie 05-01-2007 11:40 AM

any SU demo willing to share "the list" with a peon??? LOL

resqbarbie 05-01-2007 11:41 AM

oops never mind, I checked out Sarah's cool blog!

AmyR 05-01-2007 12:25 PM

Aww Em - you were teh first person I thought of when I saw that set on the list!! :( {{{{HUGS}}}}} LOL!! At least you have it tho and can use it to your heart's content!! ;) :D

As for me - I just about choked when I saw Petal Prints on there!! WAAAHHHH!!!!

Katie018075 05-01-2007 12:29 PM

Aww..I'll take it Emily!!!! I would give it a good home! But somehow, I doubt you'll be able to give it up!!!!

kelly.sutterfield 05-01-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbie
any SU demo willing to share "the list" with a peon??? LOL

The list is readily available to everyone on www.stampinup.com

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...consoling2.gif I feel for ya', Emily. I never got that set, but, have often drooled over all the things made with it, including your lovely creations.

Take heart, my friend.

Something good *must* be around the corner!

I will take a knee, tho, in honor of your mourning. ;)

LOL, thank you for honoring my roses.

And I know they always wow me with something else! Last year it was toile blossoms they took away, but there will always be another, right? \

.....or at least someone else will have the stamps I need, lol!;)

Carol Haney 05-01-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

that's fine, you're entitled to your opinions, lol!

I do feel bad for you Emily.

Disneywed 05-01-2007 01:00 PM

When I glanced at the list this morning, I saw that and sucked in my breath.....oh no, I though there are going to be some very sad faces in the SCS community today..... ;)

Miabel 05-01-2007 01:04 PM

ummm...excuse my ignorance, but why can't demos use the retired sets anymore? Is that a rule? Ever??? Or as Julie says, "Evah?"

Thanks for enlightening a newbie.

Miabel 05-01-2007 01:04 PM

PS...bowing my head in respects for Emily ::tear::

JulieHRR 05-01-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miabel
ummm...excuse my ignorance, but why can't demos use the retired sets anymore? Is that a rule? Ever??? Or as Julie says, "Evah?"

Thanks for enlightening a newbie.

They can use 'em for personal use. :grin:

They are not permitted to demonstrate professionaly with them, once they are officially retired (not in the catalog any more) due to the fact that consumers are no longer able to order them--don't wanna wave something under peoples' noses, and then say, "But, you can't buy it no m'oh, already!" UKWIM? ;)

Miabel 05-01-2007 01:11 PM

Ahhhhhh...Okay. Gotcha! Yikes, I just printed off that list! That's just about everything! I guess this new "catty" will be a doozy! Can anyone say, "Cha-ching!!!" :(

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 01:14 PM

Yep, Julie said it. We *can* use them. And honestly, I don't demo anyway. But I usually gravitate to the current stuff anyway.

Sairabee 05-01-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

You know what's really sad? I haven't seen you around SCS for like a year, but I just saw RIW on the retired list and my first thought was "Oh no.. Emily!"... LOL!!

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sairabee
You know what's really sad? I haven't seen you around SCS for like a year, but I just saw RIW on the retired list and my first thought was "Oh no.. Emily!"... LOL!!

LOL! I've been here! I just don't chat much - too many things going on to chat very often!

Sairabee 05-01-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

LOL! I've been here! I just don't chat much - too many things going on to chat very often!

I miss you and mamak and your crazy polls! :)

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sairabee
I miss you and mamak and your crazy polls! :)

ahh yes....well, mamak is really the funny one, I was just the sidekick!;)

CardFanatic 05-01-2007 01:32 PM

When I saw RIW on the list, I was in shock. "No way," was my first thought. My second thought was... Poor Emily! She's not going to like this!

emilymomto3boys 05-01-2007 01:33 PM

dude, how funny that so many of you thought of me when you saw it! I guess I do use it a lot, huh?

Sillybird 05-01-2007 01:38 PM

He he when I saw Roses in Winter I thought of Ally!!!! and how sad she would be to see if go, then I saw Petal Prints and thought AmyR!!!!