Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2023, 04:45 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ******** dies

Hi, I have a question. I've been seeing ads for ******** dies on my FB. They have some cute things, very cheap. My question is, are they legit or do they sell knockoff dies stolen from other companies? Thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2023, 09:48 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't have an answer and have wondered the very exact thing. There are a lot of "new" die companies with cute stuff and I keep wondering how many are "knock offs" hard to check them all out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2023, 03:05 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 321 Likes on 207 Posts

Not being familiar with the company name, I did a search on DuckDuckGo and the only source of information and history is THEIR website. It does not provide an address and some of the reviews complained that the listed phone numbers were not valid. There were also reviews saying product arrived quickly and performed well, but I am a skeptic about many of the Amazon suppliers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2023, 04:33 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Thank you!

Thanks! I just don't want to support any company that is pirating other designers' work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2023, 06:34 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 275 Likes on 119 Posts

I asked the owner of a stamping business about ********. Thus far that company is probably making its own designs, although we both think many appear similar to those of other companies.

Producing a new die can cost around $1,000, so when it is copied, no matter how poorly, the profits that should go to the designer are lost. Several legitimate companies have begun showing their designs online from an angle rather than straight-on to make them harder to copy. At least one American company has removed a popular die from sale because it was copied so often and so poorly; other vendors have drastically reduced the number of designs they manufacture because of the rampant copying. Counterfeit stamps and dies are readily available on eBay, Amazon, Ali, Etsy, *********, and elsewhere including one company whose four-letter name is automatically converted into four asterisks whenever I type it in here.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
ChrisO (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 04:09 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks Alice in MD for checking with an owner of a stamping business. If its a legitimate business I don't mind supporting them but if they are stealing designs and selling cheap I don't like that. I have to do a lot of my buying online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2023, 05:48 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Thank you

Yes, thank you Alice. I don't recognize their dies as being knock-offs, but then I saw some stamp/die sets that were packaged very similarly to SU, and had that SU look, and that made me suspicious. Some of their dies are super cute though. But it's not like I need any more dies anyway lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Alice in Md (07-14-2023)