Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2005, 09:37 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started a 6x6 baby puppy album tonight

It took 1.5hrs. I used the template off of the SU website from the Toronto mtg. Now I just have to add my pics. I used "She's too cool" scrappin' kit. I've never used a kit before. I'm a very detailed scrapper. I'd spend hours on a page before, then my upline told me to chill out b/c the photos were the most imp part.

Anyway, I'm really impressed with it. It didn't take long, and now my puppy's "baby book" is done.....well, almost. But, normally I'd have half a page done, so I'm thrilled!

B~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 05:35 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I too think too much about my pages. I'm going to go through my catty right now and order a scrap-kit so I can also try this

I love the idea of your doggy scrapbook. How cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 09:09 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Puppy book

My husband and I don't have kids yet, but we do have a couple of dogs. I've always felt 'left out' of some scrapbooking because so much of it revolves around little ones. I've put together a few pages for our dogs, but haven't completed an album; I think I have a hard time trying to pull all the dog products together. I'd like to see what you've done with the kit!
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

My friend Elizabeth is hosting a puppy swap for 6x6 pages she has 4 spots open and she is trying desperately to fill them since she just had surgery and can't do it herself! If you want some cute puppy pages (I am in all her groups!) check it out! The one I just finished was SO cute and made an awsome baby book- I added more groups so I could add to the book!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Totally hijacked the thread but for a good reason- sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 11:34 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathers
My husband and I don't have kids yet, but we do have a couple of dogs. I've always felt 'left out' of some scrapbooking because so much of it revolves around little ones. I've put together a few pages for our dogs, but haven't completed an album; I think I have a hard time trying to pull all the dog products together. I'd like to see what you've done with the kit!
Kathy

Kathy -
We do have two children - and guess who's baby book is the only one completed.. the dog's!
This was also the first album I stamped in - I tried to tie the pages together by using paw prints on most pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2005, 10:01 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Well, her baby album is *almost* done. I still have to finish the journaling, but I did add all the pics. (10 min). Tomorrow I'll add the journaling and it'll be done

I'm glad I'm not the only one that "thinks too much" about it. It's such a relief though to have her baby album done (or will be by tomorrow).

Funny, I don't have a lot of dog stamps, so I just used the kit. It's not dog related at all. More shapes, and a lot of pink and it looks fine to me. I'll have to invest in some paw prints and dog stamps and then I can work on doing her next album.

We don't have kids, so she's it. I think us-kidless-scrapbookers do get a little left out sometimes, everyone's always doing kid pages. Some are amazed I even scrapbook, which I find funny, b/c I'm amazed they do (where do they find the time, lol).

Anyhoo, it worked really well, and while it's not flashy like some of my other pages, and no one would say, "wowsers...that's an amazing page"........for the first time, I'll have an entire album done....and that's good enough for me.

B~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Cool Yea, you!!

Congratulations!! It must be such a great feeling to have completed a book!! I have to say, that when we do have kids, I'm afraid the dog will come first!!! I was looking at the catalog and I think the kit that you used would make a perfect dog book. Who cares about the prints!! (You have to really look to find dog stamps)

Vicki-is that a Westie?! That's what we have!!
kathy
PS: I'm heading for the swap now!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathers
Kathy
I agree!

We'd love to see your completed 6x6 pages when your done. I love puppy pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #9  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am using the She's Too Cool set as well for a dog album for my DH for Christmas. My upline did areally cute one with He's Too Cool for her boy dog!

Reply With Quote Likes