In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #1
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,613
Default Do you scrapbook as much as you used to?

I'm finding that since my kids are now 19 and 24, I'm not scrapping as much as I used to. But it's more fun. Now I scrapbook what I WANT to, not what I feel I HAVE to. Now that they are both pretty much grown, if they want to document their stories, it's up to them. I still add to their birthday books, because I promised that I would - and I enjoy it. But the Family Album is up to them to maintain. Now the layouts I create go into MY albums. They'll get those anyway when I'm no longer here.

I'm having so much more fun now, not that I didn't enjoy scrapbooking before. I've also let go of Project Life, which is a huge burden off my shoulders. I went from monthly to bi-monthly to seasonally. Now I just add layouts when I want to, and they're going into my albums.

Who's next?
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, from the heart, kazeka and 2 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texarkana, Texas
Posts: 689
Default

I wont say that I have scrapped it all. But all I want to do anyway. I have moved on past card making and into off the page stuff. Like mixed media.
southgirl is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and Scrapjanny like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
Crimping Master
 
pepperann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wherever I am, that's the place to be!
Posts: 1,093
Default

This is a question I've been mulling myself lately. For some odd reason, (actually, I do know, its when my divorce was final back in 2006), I stopped scrapping and my mojo was gone. But I never got rid of my stuff, just packed it away.


Fast forward to 2019 and my boys are both adults now and I still have many photos.


For fun, I recently picked up a couple of Scrapbook.com's private label albums when they had a sale and used some pages I had...very similar to Project Life ones. I found out I just LOVE having the freedom to scrap what I want and no longer in order like I did when the kids were younger. It used to feel so stressful, but I just loosely map out what I want to do, add them in and rearrange if I want to. I find I am loving scrapbooking again...for after all, wasn't that the point? To preserve your memories for your family to love all over again... I'm really interested to hear how others feel.
__________________
"I have cats but they don't smoke or associate with dogs"


pepperann is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Scrapjanny, lutheran, kazeka and 1 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #4
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Windsor CO
Posts: 7,071
Default

I've been scrapping' like a maniac since March, putting aside big card projects for a while. I'm playing catch-up and working 2016, which is turning out to be two big albums. I need to figure out a balance between card making for my SU! "business") and scrapbooking (for me). My kids are older and far away but I still take LOTS of photos and will always have pages to work on.
Mary Beth
lutheran is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, Scrapjanny, kazeka and 1 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I'm finding that since my kids are now 19 and 24, I'm not scrapping as much as I used to. But it's more fun. Now I scrapbook what I WANT to, not what I feel I HAVE to. Now that they are both pretty much grown, if they want to document their stories, it's up to them. I still add to their birthday books, because I promised that I would - and I enjoy it. But the Family Album is up to them to maintain. Now the layouts I create go into MY albums. They'll get those anyway when I'm no longer here.

I'm having so much more fun now, not that I didn't enjoy scrapbooking before. I've also let go of Project Life, which is a huge burden off my shoulders. I went from monthly to bi-monthly to seasonally. Now I just add layouts when I want to, and they're going into my albums.

Who's next?

I've found that I stopped scrapping nearly entirely now that my kids are grown and have their own families. Seems like I rarely take photos, and everyone has their photos on cell phones and don't even print them out anymore. I wish I could get motivated to scrap my old photos...or at least finish the layouts that I started years ago...sigh.

I'm wondering why you found PL to be a burden? I've actually been wondering if using the PL format will motivate me to scrap those old photos without as much pressure to make my layouts fancy.
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperann View Post
This is a question I've been mulling myself lately. For some odd reason, (actually, I do know, its when my divorce was final back in 2006), I stopped scrapping and my mojo was gone. But I never got rid of my stuff, just packed it away.


Fast forward to 2019 and my boys are both adults now and I still have many photos.


For fun, I recently picked up a couple of Scrapbook.com's private label albums when they had a sale and used some pages I had...very similar to Project Life ones. I found out I just LOVE having the freedom to scrap what I want and no longer in order like I did when the kids were younger. It used to feel so stressful, but I just loosely map out what I want to do, add them in and rearrange if I want to. I find I am loving scrapbooking again...for after all, wasn't that the point? To preserve your memories for your family to love all over again... I'm really interested to hear how others feel.

I too have SO many old photos that need to be scrapped, but I've just stalled. I have shelves full of albums that are partially filled...and layouts that are nearly finished but still lack titles or journaling. I used to love scrapping, but over the years I think I got overwhelmed with all the different techniques and styles out there...and with all of the products. Multi-photo layouts are my favorite, and I don't like a lot of bulky embellishments on layouts, so you would think I'd just go ahead and finish them. I even go away with scrapbooking friends every January for 4 days and they scrap the entire time. That last three years I've worked on cards or just wasted the day organizing my supplies and old photos...not very satisfying.


Just wondering how others have re-started their scrapping mojo?
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and Scrapjanny like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:00 AM   #7
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazeka View Post
I've found that I stopped scrapping nearly entirely now that my kids are grown and have their own families. Seems like I rarely take photos, and everyone has their photos on cell phones and don't even print them out anymore. I wish I could get motivated to scrap my old photos...or at least finish the layouts that I started years ago...sigh.

I'm wondering why you found PL to be a burden? I've actually been wondering if using the PL format will motivate me to scrap those old photos without as much pressure to make my layouts fancy.
I found it to be a burden because I felt as if I HAD to do it. Now if I WANT to scrapbook something, I do. No pressure and more fun.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and kazeka like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I found it to be a burden because I felt as if I HAD to do it. Now if I WANT to scrapbook something, I do. No pressure and more fun.

Oh, okay...I get it. I was worried that the PL style was a pain by itself and that I would have problems using the page protectors. My husband used to suggest that I try to sell my cards and crafts at craft fairs etc, back when I did a lot of crafting and sewing. I explained to him that I already had a job (we ran a business for 25 years) and the crafting was my fun time. Turning it into a business would take all the fun away!
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
from the heart likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #9
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutheran View Post
I've been scrapping' like a maniac since March, putting aside big card projects for a while. I'm playing catch-up and working 2016, which is turning out to be two big albums. I need to figure out a balance between card making for my SU! "business") and scrapbooking (for me). My kids are older and far away but I still take LOTS of photos and will always have pages to work on.
Mary Beth

That's wonderful that you still take a lot of photos! Most of the old photos that I have are from the 1970's and 1980's and 90's so the quality is sometimes poor. I don't have the time or desire to scan and re-print all of them, and the original negatives are either gone or also poor quality. That might be part of the problem I'm not excited to scrap them.
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:01 PM   #10
Pearl-ExPert
 
Shirleysgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Strafford, Missouri
Posts: 2,482
Default

Interesting thread. I took a hiatus from scrapbooking when I could no longer find Creative Memories albums because that was what all my others were and I didn't want to make a change plus that time co-insided with many life changes for us. Since I came across this site and started making cards I found a group on here that really supports one another and has given me rejuvenation to scrap again. I started back and found Creative Memories was also back, so could get those same albums again. So it has been a win-win! My kids are also now college grads and I feel like I can own my own time. I still think chronologically because...I don't know...I just do. But, now I have an album that I work on that is the current year and also one that I work on that is where I really am in my timeline history (2009) and I just go back and forth between the two. It has been fun this way for me because I can see so much change in that 10 years, but still feel like some things were just yesterday and enjoy walking down memory lane.
If you are interested in the group you will find them on the main page under Scrapbook Goals. You basically make a goal for yourself for the month and see if you can reach it. Post your layouts if you want or not if you don't. Check in when you can and they have challenges each month for those that want some structure. It's very fun, and I have certainly grown in my style and tried many new things because of these ladies. Would love to have you all check it out. It is also very helpful when the mojo fades!
__________________
Amy (aka Shirleysgirl)
Shirleysgirl is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, Scrapjanny, kazeka and 2 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #11
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleysgirl View Post
Interesting thread. I took a hiatus from scrapbooking when I could no longer find Creative Memories albums because that was what all my others were and I didn't want to make a change plus that time co-insided with many life changes for us. Since I came across this site and started making cards I found a group on here that really supports one another and has given me rejuvenation to scrap again. I started back and found Creative Memories was also back, so could get those same albums again. So it has been a win-win! My kids are also now college grads and I feel like I can own my own time. I still think chronologically because...I don't know...I just do. But, now I have an album that I work on that is the current year and also one that I work on that is where I really am in my timeline history (2009) and I just go back and forth between the two. It has been fun this way for me because I can see so much change in that 10 years, but still feel like some things were just yesterday and enjoy walking down memory lane.
If you are interested in the group you will find them on the main page under Scrapbook Goals. You basically make a goal for yourself for the month and see if you can reach it. Post your layouts if you want or not if you don't. Check in when you can and they have challenges each month for those that want some structure. It's very fun, and I have certainly grown in my style and tried many new things because of these ladies. Would love to have you all check it out. It is also very helpful when the mojo fades!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has moved back and forth in my enthusiasm for scrapbooking. That gives me hope that I'll settle in soon and finally finish some of my partially scrapped layouts. I really do want to finish those at the very least because my two granddaughters have started to show a real interest in the old photos of their mom and uncle from back in the day. I started out using CM products too, but then began using post-bound albums. I also had a problem keeping those slip on side protectors that CM albums used, and so switched to top loading.
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, Scrapjanny and Shirleysgirl like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:04 AM   #12
Hardware Hotshot
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazeka View Post
Oh, okay...I get it. I was worried that the PL style was a pain by itself and that I would have problems using the page protectors. My husband used to suggest that I try to sell my cards and crafts at craft fairs etc, back when I did a lot of crafting and sewing. I explained to him that I already had a job (we ran a business for 25 years) and the crafting was my fun time. Turning it into a business would take all the fun away!
I actually do find the page protectors limiting sometimes, but it forces me to be creative too. Plus I have different designs, and that helps. I find that I do have to plan ahead more carefully when using the pocket pages.
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I actually do find the page protectors limiting sometimes, but it forces me to be creative too. Plus I have different designs, and that helps. I find that I do have to plan ahead more carefully when using the pocket pages.

Yes, that's my worry. I can just imagine trying to use a page protector with a lot of vertical photo slots and having only horizontal photos. I'm planning to mix regular page protectors with the PL style protectors so that I can use the one with the pockets for those photos and journal cards that work with it. We'll see if it's a total disaster!
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Scrapjanny likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:10 AM   #14
Embossing Fanatic
 
Gabriella18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 73
Default

Yes, I do. I love scrapping. My twins are 13(both boys) and now that they are older I ask them what stories they want me to tell and if they want something in their album or not.
I also make mini albums for vacations and will ask each of them to do a sentence or two about the trip. I love seeing their handwriting.
As far as PL...I did our 2010 family album PL style and I hate it. It sucked the creativity right out of it. Never again. I think Becky Higgins and PL contributed to the decline of scrapping because it was so simple and with such little supplies that it hurt the industry.
Gabriella18 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and Scrapjanny like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #15
Rubber Obsessor
 
JaneUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southeast England
Posts: 191
Default

This is a great thread. I haven't scrapped in years but I miss it. I just can't find anything to scrap "about"! I rarely take photos, too. Maybe you all are inspiring me to take it up again. I have an upcoming week at a writers' conference.... well, here I go!
__________________
~~~~Jane~~~~~~~~
My Blog: https://craftytidbits.blogspot.com

JaneUK is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and from the heart like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #16
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Hi all. I think it depends upon what you want to do, and that can change as time goes on. I make jewellery as a hobby and sometimes sell it. I never got into card making because, why bother? Then I tried it and was immediately hooked. But I had no intention of scrapbooking at all. Then I found that the cardmaking wasn't challenging me enough... so I started making my own scrapbooks. I love doing that, plus I'm starting to get into mixed media. I still make jewellery and cards and books and I love it all. Sometimes I even get time to eat and sleep!
CMikolj is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #17
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 118
Maple Leaf Scrapbooking

I've got back into scrapbooking after a few years of not being able to. What is motivating me and I am thoroughly enjoying is using Heartfelt Creations flip fold albums and their new insta albums that come in 8X8 and 12X12. They are different and I find them fun and easy. I don't necessarily use Heartfelt paper. I use what I have and it works fine. I still have a bunch of albums to work on but for now the Heartfelt albums has my mojo working overtime!!
from the heart is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #18
Proud Fan Club Member
 
octoberbabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,072
Default

I found that I as getting behind in my scrapping. Doing albums for the grandkids & myself. My daughter introduced me to Digital Project Life and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I can scrap pages anywhere & anytime, doing as few or as many as I like at one time. As much as I loved scrapping the old way, it took ALOT of time & paper/embellishments. It’s hard to do with all the brick & mortar stores closed; no scrapping events or papers to see so you know what to use. I still have a year’s worth of pictures to do the old way, but everything else is caught up. I love to digital scrap while watching a movie. Also, most of the digital kits are 99cents & once you up them, you have them forever to use over & over again. Much cheaper than designer papers that are at least $1 per sheet or more. Then of course you have to add in the cost of embellishments. The cost of printing a completed page is SO much cheaper than putting one together the old way. Oh, and I completely forgot the cost of printing your photos before you scrap them too. I truly think if you tried it, you old love it too👍
octoberbabe is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
CMikolj likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #19
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Default

I agree. I've always used computers in some way in my crafts. Some people I know rather look down on digital papers and printable kits but I think they're a great way to expand the craft and there is still some skill involved -I might use a printable stamp but I've still got to colour it and create a backing paper etc. Lately I've been playing with collages - I'll complete a collage, scan it, and then alter it digitally. Then I can have several different versions of it and print it whenever I like. I'll never have to buy DSP again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberbabe View Post
I found that I as getting behind in my scrapping. Doing albums for the grandkids & myself. My daughter introduced me to Digital Project Life and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I can scrap pages anywhere & anytime, doing as few or as many as I like at one time. As much as I loved scrapping the old way, it took ALOT of time & paper/embellishments. It’s hard to do with all the brick & mortar stores closed; no scrapping events or papers to see so you know what to use. I still have a year’s worth of pictures to do the old way, but everything else is caught up. I love to digital scrap while watching a movie. Also, most of the digital kits are 99cents & once you up them, you have them forever to use over & over again. Much cheaper than designer papers that are at least $1 per sheet or more. Then of course you have to add in the cost of embellishments. The cost of printing a completed page is SO much cheaper than putting one together the old way. Oh, and I completely forgot the cost of printing your photos before you scrap them too. I truly think if you tried it, you old love it too👍
CMikolj is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:31 AM   #20
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Windsor CO
Posts: 7,071
Default

Project Life-style pages seem to get a love it or hate it response from scrappers. I was reluctant to try them but now they are a big time saver for me. When there is a trip or event with WAY TOO MANY photos, I use a 12x12 page or two for the best, scene-setting, story-telling photos and use PL pages for the rest. It takes a bit of planning to find the right combo of photos and sizes and journaling cards but a big stack of photos gets scrapped way faster. So, I guess I'm on the "love it" side but not for everything or all the time.
Mary Beth
lutheran is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, kazeka and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #21
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 125
Default

I haven't scrapbooked in years! I've rearranged my craft room a few times. Looked at papers. I'm just starting to do paper crafts again.

My love used to be selling on eBay. I went and looked around today and it's like a ghost town. Wonder if it could be revived.

I know there are a few sellers on Etsy...but without the bidding, it just doesn't seem like it would be as fun.

I think my drive for scrapbooking (besides layouts for my kids) was totally driven by eBay!!

Time to find a new way to drive that!

Rhoda
RhodaDesignStudio is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:00 AM   #22
Glitter Guru
 
sewflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in my craft room
Posts: 5,392
Default

I have been scrapping for 20 years and loving it more now than every before. You would think that I could catch up with my scrapping but it seems to not be the case. I did take a hiatus of sorts while I was into making cards...one of those DON'T LOOK at the stamping supplies as I walk out of a scrapbook store! Don't Look!! Don't Stop! Well we know how that goes...I looked I sampled I stamped!

After a few years I went back to my first love of paper crafting and never looked back. Most of my stamp collection is gone, my stash of cards is dwindling (it takes a long time when you don't mail cards) and I use my old supply of 8.5x11 as photo matting!! I still have years and years of photos to scrap plus all the family photos that come into my collection as people know I will scrap them.

I have tried the PL type pockets and found they are NOT for me so like others I will use a pocket page or two in a traditional album as a visual break and as a way to use some of the over abundance of photos.


I have thought about the allure of digital scrapping, for all the reasons mentioned, but in the end the reason I scrap is to keep my hand occupied with paper and inks and mixed media and dies and stencils..... I fear that digital scrapping will be taking a bigger bite out of the scrap industry as the years go by and I will adapt when I run out of paper...although I fear I won't live long enough to run out.

For now I will continue with my paper while I am learning and leaning toward embellishments without as much bulk. Quite a few embellishments I make myself.
__________________
Sharon My Gallery
Goal 2019-136/200 layouts J19F12M11A14 M16 J12 J11A27S14 Oct 8
2016-230/250, 2017-183/200, 2018-207/150
sewflake is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, smadson and Motherload like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #23
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

Sharon,
I'm with you on the digital scrapbooking not substituting for the hands-on experience. Some of my friends have gone completely digital but I enjoy the process of cutting, layering, adhering actual products. Also, how can I justify all those papers and supplies that I bought if I don't use them now..eek!

Unlike you, however, I am still in the middle of card-making and stamping so that has really gotten in the way of my scrapbooking for the last several years. I experimented a bit with adding stamping and stenciling to some of my layouts several years back and hope to get back into that. I think it will jump-start my love of scrapbooking.

Karen
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and sewflake like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #24
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: northern California
Posts: 632
Default

I actually scrapbooked yesterday for the first time in years, yay! I've been going through a lot of clutter and getting rid of it, so I came across several scrapbooks that I had started for my daughter when she was in high school. There were many unfinished layouts in the albums, and in some cases all that was left was to adhere the journaling, title and photos to the page. These photos are all 8-10 years old (daughter is now 36 and the mom of 3), so I decided to just go ahead and finish them. I'll take them to her house next week and move them out of mine.
Turns out that the trick for me was to stop thinking about it so much and just go ahead and do it. I realize that I had gotten so bogged down in over-thinking my layouts and feeling that each one had to be just-right. The layout I had in my mind remained in my imagination and I never did it.

So, now the layouts aren't great ones (and in some cases are pretty meh) but at least they're in albums where daughter and her kids can look at them.
Now that I've gotten energized from that project, it might be time for me to finish a few of my partially scrapped layouts in my own family albums.
kazeka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, sewflake, lutheran and 1 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 PM   #25
Die Cut Diva
 
Motherload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,717
Default

I've been scrapping for many years and loved it, but last year I lost my mojo for months. It was May and I had only scrapped six layouts for the whole year, and I was really considering whether I should just give it up. I shared how I was feeling with the wonderful ladies of the Scrapbook Goals thread, and they really encouraged me to do whatever was best for me at the time. For some reason, that freed me up to just enjoy my hobby again, and I ended up scrapping 8 layouts in May and a total of 69 for the year! As I type this, layout 100 for this year is on my desk waiting for some finishing touches, so I have come back strong and am enjoying my hobby more than ever. I have six albums going at a time (family, vacation, four school albums), so if one set of photos isn't cutting it for me, I switch to a different album. So even though I'm 5 years behind on my family album and I'm still working on my high school senior's 5th grade photos, I'm enjoying the process, which is what really counts for me. And someday when I run out of photos to scrap, then it will be time to take another vacation of a lifetime and come back with 5000 photos to scrap - LOL!
__________________
Cheryl � 2019 Scrapping Goal = 87/70 Layouts!
My Blog & My SCS Gallery
Motherload is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, Lmn, TeeGeeDee and 2 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:02 AM   #26
Rubber Obsessor
 
Provinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 104
Default

I've been scrapping for 20+years and I loved it! I'm now an empty nester and thought I would have all the time in the world to scrap when I wanted to. BUT a few years ago I became an SU demo and now find that most of my 'free' time (I still work full time) is spent prepping for classes, etc. Add taking care of an elderly parent, and time really is at a premium. I used to go to a monthly crop and do nothing but scrap for the whole day. I could accomplish LOTS. The crops aren't held as often anymore, and sometimes they are on days that conflict with me, so I don't go as often. Does that stop me from dreaming of all the beautiful layouts I'll be creating soon and stop me from organizing projects and BUYING things for my projects -- NOPE! I have lots of ideas . . . .
__________________
______
Anna
www.stampwithanna.blogspot.com
Provinca is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #27
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,948
Default

I am still scrap when I have time. I buy the project life cards and just add them to my pages. I didn't like the divided page protectors. I have always just scrapped major events, birthdays, Scout events, holidays, vacations. I think that is why I am still doing it, I never got bogged down with the need to scrapbook everything. I will keep doing it as long as I am enjoying it.
__________________
Pia
PMR is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann, Scrapjanny and Motherload like this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off