Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 862 Likes on 513 Posts
Smile Choosing the right pictures...

After a long, long break from scrapbooking, I finally got a couple pages done last night. I used my "best best" pictures, and I was so much happier with the result. I looked at some I had done not too long ago, and noticed that I wasn't as happy, because the pictures didn't stand out at all. Have any of you noticed this with some of your pages?
I know for quite some time after I first started scrapbooking, I have TONS of pages with just one or two photos. What was I thinking??? lol... I know I'll never get to it, but someday, I'd like to redo those pages.
You should see the hundreds and hundreds of pictures I have. And I know someday I should go through and toss some, but I just can't! I NEED every single one of my cat photos!!! (They are family) And what about the hundreds I've taken, just trying to get the perfect shot of a bird or butterfly! lol... I am going to have to learn to take less pictures!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2018, 10:43 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Smile

How odd is it that I just came across this article? I don't know if I can do as well as she mentions! I might have some trouble with that. I may put some duplicates and others in a box.
http://goodlifeorganizing.net/keep-photos/
Here is another link about organizing photos.
http://goodlifeorganizing.net/lets-o...ur-photos-now/

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 06-03-2018 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Wrong link...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2018, 03:54 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
How odd is it that I just came across this article? I don't know if I can do as well as she mentions! I might have some trouble with that. I may put some duplicates and others in a box.
http://goodlifeorganizing.net/keep-photos/
Here is another link about organizing photos.
http://goodlifeorganizing.net/lets-o...ur-photos-now/
Thank you for sharing the articles. When I load my digital photos I go through and trash photos just as she suggested. I also purchased a small photo printer to help eliminate all the extra prints that we do not use when scrapbooking. IF I find I can not part with some of the prints (that I have sent off) I put them in sleeves in the back of my album.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2018, 05:39 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I have standard photo albums where all of the printed photos that I didn't use on my layouts are living. I keep 5 or 6, and when the oldest one is full, I take the photos out and put them in boxes stored in my closet. This process has slowed down considerably, since I have only 1 or 2 photos at the end of a scrapbook page project. Most of the time, I don't have any "leftovers. Thanks for the articles!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2018, 06:02 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I try to limit the number of photos per event or theme but sometimes it is hard. For a big event like a graduation, I use a few 5x7s, a bunch of 4x6s for the main pages then cut down all the other "must keep" photos and use pocket pages. Gets done faster, too!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2018, 04:14 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a large family so I have a crazy system. Take as many pics as you want, but only keep one of each person or pet from that day or month! Sounds scary and hard. It was at 1st! But when I only scrapbook the photos I love....my pages turn out amazing! Works for me...hope u will find a system that works for you💙💙💙.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

I delete bad photos right from my camera or once on the computer so that they don't get mistakenly developed. Otherwise, every photo gets developed. I scrapbook whatever strikes my fancy, then throw the rest into boxes. No, they are not organized but that doesn't bother me. I love looking through them and being surprised by what hidden gems I dig up! I do sometimes mistakenly order extras but that does not bother me, either, because they may fit another layout's theme, one of my daughter's may want them, or.....I will just have an extra.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I just did a page the other day, and the photos weren't the best; blurry and the like. But I could not resist scrapping them, as they were baseball pics, and he was in so many stances and action shots. I would share it, but I'd have to cover so many faces in it, you probably couldn't make much of it.
I don't like to show other people's faces on the internet; for their privacy.
Thanks for telling me your ideas and how you do things! I think I just need to start developing only the best, but it is so hard to do!
Reply With Quote Likes