Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/)
-   -   Where do you print your digital photos? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/where-do-you-print-your-digital-photos-582656/)

Serenity3333us 01-03-2014 02:25 AM

Where do you print your digital photos?

Hi there,

I have been researching the internet for hours on end trying to decipher the best option for good quality photos at a reasonable price for scrapbooking. What have your experiences been like with any of the below photo places? I appreciate any other advice, experiences from other places I am not aware of as well. I have probably at least 200 photos to print so I am looking for economical but I do want quality..so I guess a happy medium.

Walmart
Walgreens
Snapfish

Thanks for any help on this. My goal is to get all the pictures ordered in the next few weeks so I can begin scrapbooking again....and maybe get some up-to-date pictures on my walls..HA

Tammy

Serenity3333us 01-03-2014 02:27 AM

Also, do you print in matte or glossy finish?

lindylou1220 01-03-2014 08:52 AM

I've been using Shutterfly. You'll probably get a coupon from them if you register. Every so often I receive a "get 100 prints free" offer.

Guessing Snapfish probably also does coupons for signing up.

I've been happy with the pictures Shutterfly has done for me. I generally prefer matte finish for my photos but that's just a personal preference.

Serenity3333us 01-06-2014 12:53 AM

Thank you for your reply!

SkyNacho 01-06-2014 06:18 PM

Walmart always seemed to mess up colors; Walgreens was fine. I liked being able to place the order, upload it, and then go pick it up later. The only thing is that if you have the stores print them, I don't think they can do matte.

Personally, for WM and Walgreens, I'd do a small order of the same prints and then go pick them up in store and compare them.

fresshe 01-12-2014 02:31 AM

Do you have a membership to Costco? They seem to do a good job at an affordable price.

Bastingirl 01-12-2014 06:00 AM

I always have mine done at Walgreens. I set up an account with them and I get emails with promo codes so I never pay full price. I always have mine printed in matte and have never any problems with them. I have used photobucket and shutterfly if I have time to wait for them to be mailed but I usually wait until the last minute so I just use Walgreens. They have all been about the same quality.

PedalPower 01-13-2014 08:38 AM

I use Sam's Club. Very happy with them!

Serenity3333us 01-19-2014 03:06 AM

Thank you for all your input!

Scraphappily 01-20-2014 05:20 PM

I use Costco: I use photo sheets to organize my photos so I can print 2x3, 4x4, etc. Then I take them on my flash and print them.

kaufeestamper 01-21-2014 09:10 PM

I'm going back to SHutterfly. I tried Walgreens for most of my 2013 album and I hate it. All the pics are so dark. I had one batch printed at both Walgreens and Shutterfly and there was a huge difference in lighting.

Shutterfly prints the date the pic was taken on the back which saves me a lot of time! :)

queen_of_newington 03-24-2014 05:53 AM

I loved Creative Memories photo processing. If I need photos quickly I use Walgreens but I will never use Walmart again. I am not sure what to use but I prefer a matte finish.

I am considering purchasing Panstoria's Historian and Artisan to replace now defunct CM's Memory Manager and Storybook. I believe they offer photo processing. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you!��

Lijo 03-24-2014 06:11 AM

A couple weeks ago I used Snapfish for the first time, and I was so pleased with the vibrancy of the prints. I had coupon codes for 120 free prints, so I paid only shipping. That was $8.99, which I thought was high, but since I didn't have to pay for the prints, it was fine. Snapfish prints are .09 for 4x6 prints.

scrapnstamp57 04-01-2014 06:07 PM

I prefer matte and I usually use Snapfish or Shutterfly. I will use Walgreens or Walmart if I just need a few pictures and can't wait for them to be shipped but I think the quality is better at Snapfish or Shutterfly. If you do Pampers Rewards, Coke Rewards or Disney Rewards they have free prints as rewards.

sarahbeth46 04-02-2014 03:44 AM

I recently had some photos printed at Costco with their luster finish. I think they came out very nice! Will definitely have them printed there again.

Anyone ever use Persnickety Prints?

lutheran 04-02-2014 04:09 AM

I go to a nearby Walgreens and print through their kiosk. Great service and quality. Bring a coupon, otherwise their prices seem a bit high.
Mary Beth

c-mouse 04-02-2014 12:14 PM

If you are only doing 4 x 6's then any of those listed/mentioned will do an okay job...If you want larger prints to hang on the wall...then try a place like Mpix(my personal everything store)...upload on line, usually have them in 3 days. 8 by 10's are less than Walmart/Walgreens and better quality do the the dpi.......the W's can't do more than ;72 dpi,,,,,,but Mpix prints for professional photographers as well as us amateurs and I can tell, there is a difference. at Mpix, you can crop the way you want...not the way the machine says at the W's....

lmcgraw01 04-10-2014 07:39 PM

I personally love Costco. They print hundreds for me, in lots of sizes.

southgirl 04-23-2014 06:40 AM

Am I missing something? I print my photos on my printer. Maybe I don't do a huge volume of printing but after you figure in your trip to Costco or Walmart and or the wait for on line purchases I think my printer is just fine. I'll admit it...I am lazy and really like to print on my computer. I like semi gloss.

CynCyn 04-23-2014 04:06 PM

I use Costco & look for when they have prints on sale for .08. I have also printed 12 X 12 from my digital scrapping & they do a great job!

ksmile1978 04-23-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirl (Post 20607505)
Am I missing something? I print my photos on my printer. Maybe I don't do a huge volume of printing but after you figure in your trip to Costco or Walmart and or the wait for on line purchases I think my printer is just fine. I'll admit it...I am lazy and really like to print on my computer. I like semi gloss.

I also print mostly at home but it's just for a layout here and there or I will print one batch of 30 or so that will last me a few months. When I have tons of photos (lots of holidays/events), I send them to Shutterfly to print when they run a good sale. I refuse to print locally unless I am desperate because every place I've tried does not do a good job.

duranfan 04-28-2014 12:03 PM

I've been very happy with Snapfish. I don't print nil they have a special offer. I've managed to get a lot of prints for little money. I like that if you're in a hurry you can pick them up at a Walgreens in an hour.

Crazy4Stampin 05-16-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirl (Post 20607505)

Occasionally I use my printer...but mine doesn't do the greatest job...colors always look a bit off. Plus the ink is so expensive I find it cheaper to order online.

I used to have them done at Walmart...but always ended up having issues, so i gave snapfish a try. I've been very happy with the quality, price and service. I get emails with specials all the time and usually order when they have a good offer on prints. Last time it was 100 prints shipped for $10.

I'm going to have to check out the Mpix site mentioned above next time I need enlargements made.

airbornewife 05-18-2014 10:14 AM

Walgreen's is where I always have pictures printed off. They have all kinds of specials and a lot of times do "free" prints.

~ Pam

maslex 06-27-2014 12:52 AM

I know this is a bit late, but I recently searched Google for the cheapest place to develop my pics. I was behind on getting them printed out. I had a ton on my phone, my camera, my computer...I really needed a cheap place that did a decent job. I found York Photo. They were running a special for 5 cents a print. (still current until June 30). When I finally got around to uploading all of my photos, I had over 1000 prints!!! I didn't realize I was THAT behind.

Anyhow, I just got them in a couple days ago and I'm very pleased. The only thing that sucked was the huge shipping price ($30). But it did come in a huge box with 12 overstuffed photo envelopes. But even with the high shipping price and the cost of the photos, it STILL came out cheaper than any other place around. I also got 190 of those pics free. I think 100 free for signing up, 40 for registering and another 50 for something else.

But don't worry, the shipping was only that high because I had so many photos shipped. I actually just placed another order yesterday (for some unknown reason, when I place that big order I somehow forgot to upload my son's high school graduation pictures...:rolleyes:) And this time, I think the shipping was like $3-something.

Just thought I would give my two cents and maybe someone out there could use their code (until June 30) to print off some photos) The code is fiveprint

airbornewife 06-29-2014 05:09 PM

I always use Walgreen's and have always been happy with my orders. Walmart on the other hand, messed up two orders, so I never had them print anything ever again.

Walgreen's has codes all the time for 10 cent prints, freebies, etc.

Pam