Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/)
-   -   What to take to Crops? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/what-take-crops-131529/)

MessyInk 03-23-2006 11:00 AM

What to take to Crops?

what do you take to crops? I am going to my first crop in 2 years! Was curious to see what's the "common" and basic stuff to take beside pictures.

Thanks!

ZZZach'smom 03-23-2006 11:20 AM

I've found that I'm more productive at crops if I take preplanned page kits. I use "craft keepers" in size 12x12 and drop everything I need for a double page layout in it - pictures, cardstock, sketch, list of stamps and inks needed to complete it, etc (as long as it's flat). I have a clear plastic toolbox about the size of a shoebox that I keep basic tools in - scissors, adhesive, couple of punches, adhesive remover, glue dots, etc. For a crop, I take the kits, the toolbox, and any stamps and ink that are listed in the kits I planned. Then at the crop, I only have the stuff I need and I have a plan for my time. I also try to get a kit out when I have an hour to spend and work on it at home. Little by little, I'm getting more done.

Janna

AZShann 03-23-2006 11:23 AM

I'm the WRONG person to ask here. I end up taking way too much stuff and not using half of it. I did sketch out some ideas the last time and that worked terrifically. I got almost two 12x12 layouts done and just had to finalize them when I got home. I took what items I would need for those two layouts (plus extra in case I finished them and had time to work on some cards). That was the most successful I have ever been. Normally, I go in with NO ideas and then spin my wheels for a while.

I take:
trimmer
scissors
adhesive
cardstock
patterned paper
embellies
inks/stamps if I think I'll use them
my tool kit and the mat to hammer eyelets
ribbons
pictures
M&Ms
Pepsi (can't leave home without it!!!)
Sometimes, I will throw in an item I haven't worked with so I can experiment and try it out.

I'm sure I take other things but these are the main ones.

bsktcase27 03-26-2006 06:42 PM

I just got back from a weekend scrapping trip..fri evening-sun late afternoon...I got 21 single sides 12 x 12 pages done..woohoo! I use the Cm powersort box..and had just the pictures laid out by page...I brought my tools of course, ALL my paper ..and my stickers..I will add some otehr embellishements..and a few more stickers and finishe the journaling but most of them are completely done...I did rearrange some of the pictures...brought the rest i had not selected with me...
Other times i have had paper and stuff selected for a few pages to get me started..but i was pretty happy with just having the pictures laid out..and very happy with the output...good luck!

off_the_wall 03-30-2006 06:41 AM

I take everything I can! It's a pain but I'm so worried I'll get there and say oh man I should have brought that! My can't go without things are:
Su paper snipes,paper trimmer,adhesive,ink, an SU alphabet stamp set (you never know!). Have a ball!