Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/)
-   -   Sweet Scrapgals Chattin' It Up! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/sweet-scrapgals-chattin-up-235763/)

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:10 PM

I had the school room all fixed up with bulletin boards and things on the walls. I realized that Katie doesn't work well in that environment. It is just too distracting. So, lucky me! I moved the school room to the smaller room that I was using for my stamp area. And made things much simpler. And my stamp room moved to the school room.

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite
Oh, this is sounding better and better! :mrgreen:

I think we'll all fit..hehehe

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketts
I had the school room all fixed up with bulletin boards and things on the walls. I realized that Katie doesn't work well in that environment. It is just too distracting. So, lucky me! I moved the school room to the smaller room that I was using for my stamp area. And made things much simpler. And my stamp room moved to the school room.

hehehe.. good for you... :)

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:11 PM

So see... I really do have plenty of room for the get together! No need for hotel rooms.

mrslevite 03-29-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ama3022
Hey Mama T! How are you tonight?

I'm doing pretty good - except for being terrible at keeping up with the chatter tonight. I'm trying to do too many things at one time. :rolleyes:

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:13 PM

I actually started the addition while Randall was in Iraq. I always seem to make big purchases when he is away. But for the addition he had to send me a power of attorney. hehehehe

mrslevite 03-29-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

So see... I really do have plenty of room for the get together! No need for hotel rooms.

Hehehehehe!!!:mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm not going to put you on the spot. Don't run away for our chat thread because all these crazy women are threatening to show up on your doorstep. :rolleyes:

mrslevite 03-29-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Oh, you are a smart teacher. :mrgreen:

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

How old are your kids? I give you so much credit for homeschooling! I don't think I would have the patience to do it. I would be the one who was too distracted at home! hehehe

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

I actually started the addition while Randall was in Iraq. I always seem to make big purchases when he is away. But for the addition he had to send me a power of attorney. hehehehe

What branch is your husband in?

mrslevite 03-29-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

:mrgreen: Eventually he will learn not to leave! :mrgreen:

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Hehehehehe!!!:mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm not going to put you on the spot. Don't run away for our chat thread because all these crazy women are threatening to show up on your doorstep. :rolleyes:

Not running away! I love to entertain! And I love to stamp and scrap with others. So it sounds like alot of fun to me.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:19 PM

My best friend from Louisville is coming in a couple of weeks for three days. She is bringing her friend form L'ville also. And they are bringing their 4 kiddos. So we will have 4 adults and 6 kids here! Boy we are going to have a blast!

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

How old are your kids? I give you so much credit for homeschooling! I don't think I would have the patience to do it. I would be the one who was too distracted at home! hehehe

Alex is 11 - 5th grade. Katie is 8 - third grade. It does take discipline. But I use a curriculum that has the lesson plans written out. So I just follow each lesson.

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

I'm there, just tell me when..:mrgreen: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_116.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Alex is 11 - 5th grade. Katie is 8 - third grade. It does take discipline. But I use a curriculum that has the lesson plans written out. So I just follow each lesson.

Thats awesome!

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

What branch is your husband in?

He joined the National Guard right out of highschool. He has 17 1/2 years in and has been to Iraq twice.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

:mrgreen: Eventually he will learn not to leave! :mrgreen:

hmmmm.... He is going to Egypt for 6 weeks in October. Wonder what I could buy then? I hope I already have the Canon 5D by then. But if not... I will in October. hehehehe

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

hmmmm.... He is going to Egypt for 6 weeks in October. Wonder what I could buy then? I hope I already have the Canon 5D by then. But if not... I will in October. hehehehe

hehehe.. you bad... ;)

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

He joined the National Guard right out of highschool. He has 17 1/2 years in and has been to Iraq twice.

My DH was in the Marines and also served twice in Iraq. He has been on Inactive reserve for the past 2 years and just got a recall letter a couple of days ago. Looks like he will be taking a third trip back.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

My DH was in the Marines and also served twice in Iraq. He has been on Inactive reserve for the past 2 years and just got a recall letter a couple of days ago. Looks like he will be taking a third trip back.

Oh wow! Does he know when?

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Oh wow! Does he know when?

He has to go next month for a screening. I guess to make sure he is in good mental and physical condition. Then he will find out for sure. Most likely he will be reactivated in Oct and do a few months of training then 7 months over there. Luckily the Marines only do 7 month rotations.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:31 PM

Here is a funny story... I love to tell it but DH probably doesn't like me to tell it too much. This happened in Desert Storm. Anyway, He is in a Transportation Unit. They transport fuel. DH works in the maintenance and gets parts to fix their trucks. His unit was split up into 3 different camps. DH would drive by himself to each camp to deliver parts and to see what they needed. Well, DH is a little directionally challenged. He got LOST!!! Guess who found him, or really who he found. The MARINES! I think he stayed there a couple of days. His unit didn't realize he was missing right off. That is really scary!

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

He has to go next month for a screening. I guess to make sure he is in good mental and physical condition. Then he will find out for sure. Most likely he will be reactivated in Oct and do a few months of training then 7 months over there. Luckily the Marines only do 7 month rotations.

ANd you know I'll be here for ya girl..

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Here is a funny story... I love to tell it but DH probably doesn't like me to tell it too much. This happened in Desert Storm. Anyway, He is in a Transportation Unit. They transport fuel. DH works in the maintenance and gets parts to fix their trucks. His unit was split up into 3 different camps. DH would drive by himself to each camp to deliver parts and to see what they needed. Well, DH is a little directionally challenged. He got LOST!!! Guess who found him, or really who he found. The MARINES! I think he stayed there a couple of days. His unit didn't realize he was missing right off. That is really scary!

Hehehe!! Gotta love the Marines!!!

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

I was just reading that (7 month rotation) today in an email I get. Army is 12 months in and 12 months out.

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

that is kinda scarey.. and also a little funny, after the fact..:mrgreen:

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968
ANd you know I'll be here for ya girl..

I know, that is what is keeping me sane right now. It is all I can think about but i know I have very good friends here that will be a wonderful support for me. I just can't believe this is happening. I am very proud of him but the selfish part of me wants him home with me.

sapphire1968 03-29-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

I know, that is what is keeping me sane right now. It is all I can think about but i know I have very good friends here that will be a wonderful support for me. I just can't believe this is happening. I am very proud of him but the selfish part of me wants him home with me.

It's ok to be selfish.. you're allowed

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Were you married when he went before?

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

I was just reading that (7 month rotation) today in an email I get. Army is 12 months in and 12 months out.

How long were your DH's deployments? 12 months is a LONG time!

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968
It's ok to be selfish.. you're allowed

Absolutely! It isn't easy while they are gone.

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Were you married when he went before?

He proposed to me a couple weeks before he left for boot camp and we were married 6 months later. I was pregnant both times he was in Iraq so i told him he is not allowed near me before he leaves this time!

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

How long were your DH's deployments? 12 months is a LONG time!

Desert Storm was only 6 months. Operation Iraqi Freedom was 8 months in Iraq but 12 months total with training at Ft. Campbell.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

He proposed to me a couple weeks before he left for boot camp and we were married 6 months later. I was pregnant both times he was in Iraq so i told him he is not allowed near me before he leaves this time!

hehehehe

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:40 PM

Randall's unit is going to Egypt because the 1175th unit that was scheduled to go was just activated to Iraq. His unit has been home long enough, I have started to get myself ready for that call again.

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:41 PM

OKay ladies, I am tired and still need to clean up a little before I go to bed. Nice chatting with you.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:41 PM

I'm surprised we haven't heard from Darcy again. She must be checking things out.

Ama3022 03-29-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Randall's unit is going to Egypt because the 1175th unit that was scheduled to go was just activated to Iraq. His unit has been home long enough, I have started to get myself ready for that call again.

You will both certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

cricketts 03-29-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

OKay ladies, I am tired and still need to clean up a little before I go to bed. Nice chatting with you.

Talk to ya later Andrea!