Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/)
-   -   Scrampinpalooza! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/scrampinpalooza-233512/)

arhawg 03-18-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclifford973
Only if it applies to your degree...otherwise I feel like I've interested you in something that doesn't! I want you to be happy!

well i would be happier not ot have to take classes at all! but might as well take something that i enjoy!

mclifford973 03-18-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arhawg
oh and for my first course tonight i am having an orange popsicle! heheh

LOL...

mclifford973 03-18-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

well i would be happier not ot have to take classes at all! but might as well take something that i enjoy!

True. I just love cooking and would love to take cooking classes, but if I'm not going to finish it...or if I'm not going to take a CAREER in it...I'm wasting my money. And I'm not sure cooking for an occupation is for me. I do love working for GM...but somedays I don't know...I'm tired...KWIM?

arhawg 03-18-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

LOL...

but i being healthy now and eating my chicken pot pie!

arhawg 03-18-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

True. I just love cooking and would love to take cooking classes, but if I'm not going to finish it...or if I'm not going to take a CAREER in it...I'm wasting my money. And I'm not sure cooking for an occupation is for me. I do love working for GM...but somedays I don't know...I'm tired...KWIM?

yep! but if i could do photography an a certain 2 days of the week and it pay at least the same amount would be great!

mclifford973 03-18-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

but i being healthy now and eating my chicken pot pie!

One you made? Or like a frozen healthy choice thingy?

mclifford973 03-18-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

yep! but if i could do photography an a certain 2 days of the week and it pay at least the same amount would be great!

There ya go! And those independant photographers can make alot of money. So next time the pres comes to AR...just be there and start snapping...see if you get published...you never know!

mclifford973 03-18-2007 04:03 PM

Okay I'm off to do the shower, read, bed thing! Night!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

One you made? Or like a frozen healthy choice thingy?

how about frozen banquet?

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

There ya go! And those independant photographers can make alot of money. So next time the pres comes to AR...just be there and start snapping...see if you get published...you never know!

well i was researching the jcpenney portrait site.. no jobs here in little rock. now to check sears

mclifford973 03-18-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

how about frozen banquet?

Just read your nutrition. I used to love the stouffer's ones...WOWZA...anyway, I have been looking for another kind. Pot pies are so yummy!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Okay I'm off to do the shower, read, bed thing! Night!

nighty night!!!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Just read your nutrition. I used to love the stouffer's ones...WOWZA...anyway, I have been looking for another kind. Pot pies are so yummy!

ahh i dont care!!! hehehehe

mclifford973 03-18-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

well i was researching the jcpenney portrait site.. no jobs here in little rock. now to check sears

Not just portrait jobs...what about nature? or even houses for magazines? Food pics are always wanted...Think freelance...or entertainment? Go to all the local concerts and get photos...send to MTV, Rolling Stone mag..etc.

mclifford973 03-18-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

ahh i dont care!!! hehehehe

Ah yes...it's the skinny minnies who don't ahve tooo :p

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Not just portrait jobs...what about nature? or even houses for magazines? Food pics are always wanted...Think freelance...or entertainment? Go to all the local concerts and get photos...send to MTV, Rolling Stone mag..etc.

well i think i might need a little more experience first!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:11 PM

maybe i should try some of the stock photo sites like mama t. but i want to do portraits though

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Ah yes...it's the skinny minnies who don't ahve tooo :p

:mrgreen:

sapphire1968 03-18-2007 04:12 PM

Ok, one down, one to go. already almost done with the first cup of coffee. Need to wok on finishing Duncan 's bday invites so i can get them out. i was going to have it someplace else but not sure. I guess I'll wait and see what I type when I do the inside when wtime place thing..hehehe

sapphire1968 03-18-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

maybe i should try some of the stock photo sites like mama t. but i want to do portraits though

you should, then start word of mouth that you're available for portraits

mrslevite 03-18-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Why don't you talk to Stephanie about hanging out with her when she's doing a portrait sitting. And maybe you can go take some pics of her and Selah together. She could give you a few ideas and you would have a better idea if that's something you would like to pursue more seriously.

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968
Ok, one down, one to go. already almost done with the first cup of coffee. Need to wok on finishing Duncan 's bday invites so i can get them out. i was going to have it someplace else but not sure. I guess I'll wait and see what I type when I do the inside when wtime place thing..hehehe

yeah!!! i thought you finished those awhile back though!:rolleyes:

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

yeah.. even babe's parents have said that i should do photography

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite
Why don't you talk to Stephanie about hanging out with her when she's doing a portrait sitting. And maybe you can go take some pics of her and Selah together. She could give you a few ideas and you would have a better idea if that's something you would like to pursue more seriously.

my big thing is that I don't have a camera to do REAL photography with...

but i guess that would be the first thing after getting some money in from it.... and it would be putting anything i made back into it especially if i get a new vehicle

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

This is how I got started Darcy. I have not had any "formal" training. Just experience and advice from my friend the retired photographer

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:20 PM

and yeah i should go with her. or maybe i could talk to the guy who is doing the stuff for our church (who goes to church with us too) and see if maybe i could hang with them some...

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketts
This is how I got started Darcy. I have not had any "formal" training. Just experience and advice from my friend the retired photographer

what type of camera do you have again?

mrslevite 03-18-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

and yeah i should go with her. or maybe i could talk to the guy who is doing the stuff for our church (who goes to church with us too) and see if maybe i could hang with them some...

That is the very best way to learn.

I've being studying and reading everything I can online in photography forums.

And you can still start learning photography with a point and shoot camera. It's just when you start doing portraits and such, you're going to need something more. It's a long time till Christmas. But maybe if you get started studying now, when it's closer to Christmas, Santa will be ready to get you a camera. :rolleyes:

And I know that with your personality and energy, working with people in that type of setting would come easy for you.

mrslevite 03-18-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

This is what I have: http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNDRXT1855B

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

That is the very best way to learn.

I've being studying and reading everything I can online in photography forums.

And you can still start learning photography with a point and shoot camera. It's just when you start doing portraits and such, you're going to need something more. It's a long time till Christmas. But maybe if you get started studying now, when it's closer to Christmas, Santa will be ready to get you a camera. :rolleyes:

And I know that with your personality and energy, working with people in that type of setting would come easy for you.

thanks for the confidence mama t!

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:26 PM

Here is an online course in digital photography http://www.ed2go.com/utmecce/ it cost $85. It isn't a degree course. I am taking the PS CS2 class that starts on Wednesday.

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

and that is a digi slr right?

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Canon Rebel Digital. It is an SLR digital camera. And it is the least expensive of the Canon line. I want to upgrade but DH says I am doing fine with what I have.

mrslevite 03-18-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

yep!

sapphire1968 03-18-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

yeah!!! i thought you finished those awhile back though!:rolleyes:

Well, the cards yes, just not the when, where, time for the inside...hehehe
I also have the bags i'm going to use for the favor. I may start that tonight, we'll see.

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Here is an online course in digital photography http://www.ed2go.com/utmecce/ it cost $85. It isn't a degree course. I am taking the PS CS2 class that starts on Wednesday.

okay i have it bookmarked. i might try it this summer. dont think i could add anything else to the plate at the moment! gotta get myself through this class i am now!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Canon Rebel Digital. It is an SLR digital camera. And it is the least expensive of the Canon line. I want to upgrade but DH says I am doing fine with what I have.

hmmm if he changes his mind and your current one still works maybe we can make a deal?;)

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

yep!

ok. so SLR is where i need to go

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Well, the cards yes, just not the when, where, time for the inside...hehehe
I also have the bags i'm going to use for the favor. I may start that tonight, we'll see.

it be good to do! that way you won't be so frazzled closer to time!

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:38 PM

Darcy, GO FOR IT! You can make pretty good moolah.

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

hmmm if he changes his mind and your current one still works maybe we can make a deal?;)

You and Rebeca both! But Rebeca thinks she is getting a new one in May.

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Darcy, GO FOR IT! You can make pretty good moolah.

okay , now in the files i have sent u you have seen ALL of my shots so you know that i don't erase! ehehehe! so truthfully I know that there arent as many good as there are bad but is that ok?

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Man! That is a great price. I paid almost double that for the body only when I bought mine.

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

You and Rebeca both! But Rebeca thinks she is getting a new one in May.

so she doesnt' need yours! hehehe!

mrslevite 03-18-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

ok. so SLR is where i need to go

Yep!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Man! That is a great price. I paid almost double that for the body only when I bought mine.

okay when you say body only does that mean that you got NO memory card, batteries, adapters, etc..?

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:45 PM

the parentals are home! wonder how long it will take for dad to realize.....:rolleyes:

cricketts 03-18-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

okay , now in the files i have sent u you have seen ALL of my shots so you know that i don't erase! ehehehe! so truthfully I know that there arent as many good as there are bad but is that ok?

Kids are the HARDEST to take photos of! My clients never see all of the shots I take.

kimreid_stamper 03-18-2007 04:48 PM

Hidee ho!!!

arhawg 03-18-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Kids are the HARDEST to take photos of! My clients never see all of the shots I take.

hehehe well there ya go!

OH!! do you do all editting BEFORE you give any proofs to clients?