Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/)
-   -   Photo developing-where do you get yours done? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/photo-developing-where-do-you-get-yours-done-161904/)

Brenda71 07-05-2006 12:04 PM

Photo developing-where do you get yours done?

Hi all,
I have a ton of digital pictures on my computer that I need to have printed somewhere. Where have you gotten yours done and been happy with them?
Thanks!!
Brenda

mickeyfanatic 07-05-2006 12:10 PM

I love Winkflash. They always have codes out there for 100 free photos. Their normal prices aren't bad either. I think it is 12 cents a picture w/99 cent shipping.

I used to get them done @ Sam's for 16 cents - now it saves me time & gas - just upload to Winkflash & have them del'd.

http://www.winkflash.com

maslex 07-05-2006 02:19 PM

When I had a 35mm camera I always used Clarks. But since switching over to digital, I've always used Walmart. I've been happy with what I've got so far. But I'm actually going to check out that winkflash that someone else posted. Seems like a better deal. Walmart's price is 24 cents per pic.

PolarBear 07-05-2006 02:20 PM

I use Costco, only because they're quick and it's convenient. I have friends who use Snapfish - it's cheap and easy, but it's not always delivered as fast as they claim.

sunfaerie 07-05-2006 04:26 PM

I just went and picked up over 200 photos of my 6 week old daughter from Walmart. Its easy to upload and order then online.

bemidjibelle 07-05-2006 04:34 PM

I use snapfish and have always been pleased both with quality and with shipping time.:)
Sue

hsmom71 07-05-2006 07:52 PM

I just had 900 done at Sams and am very pleased w/ the quality...

TNapple 07-05-2006 08:08 PM

I like to use Kodak online...they do a great job.

BetsyJo 07-06-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom71
I just had 900 done at Sams and am very pleased w/ the quality...

900??? Holy cow!!! How long has it been since you last got some developed? ;)

I use Sam's because we still have dial-up and it would take forever for me to upload photos to send to an online processing place. I have heard lots of good things about Sam's, Walmart, and many other online processing sites! Lots of online sites offer free prints on your first order, so you can check out many different sites with these free prints!

Donna Cook 07-08-2006 08:53 PM

Walgreens for me....in the store if you get over 50 it is 19cent each....on line...flat rate of 19 cents.....i usually go to the store...easy to get to and nice folks work there...and I pick them up on the way back or the next day as I drive by....Sams is too far away and the last time I was there....it was a nightmare.....but everyone has problems on occasion....oh..I had some reprints made there a while back, and the color was dreadful....it was of 35mm film....so....I've had better luck with Walgreens,

LaurieR 07-09-2006 06:18 PM

I also like Walgreens, and I agree - their staff is friendly and helpful!

sapphire1968 07-10-2006 03:40 AM

I use Costco's and have been very pleased with the quality and the cost. I upload online for prints I want in different sizes and go in to get my 3 1/2 x 5's. I usually get them in an hour or less.

ZZZach'smom 07-10-2006 04:37 AM

I've used winkflash.com, shutterfly.com, walmart.com, and samsclubonline.com. I've been happy with all of these.

Janna

starofmay 07-10-2006 01:11 PM

Hmm... I'll chime in. :)

I've been digital since 2000 and have tried a few different online print companies.

kodakgallery.com (formerly Ofoto.com) -- brilliant, consistent color

shutterfly.com - also good color, but seems to be a bit more saturated

mpix.com - This is my "go-to" company for anything that just has to turn out perfect. Mpix is fabulous! Their colors are the most true-to-life I've seen. What I see on my screen is what I get (my monitor is calibrated, so I generally can expect correct colors). I recently shot my roommate's engagement photos and Mpix was extremely fast (over 550 prints delivered to our door in under 48 hours--and we didn't pick the expensive shipping!), and the have a plethora of print sizes to choose from! And the 8x10s we ordered are exquisite. Most digital printers do not offer 3.5x5 or other unusual sizes, but Mpix does. I love them. A bit more expensive, but in my opinion, wort it.

However, now I print my pictures mostly at home. I bought the Epson PictureMate Deluxe, and I LOVE it! I mostly scrap 4x6 or smaller, so this was the perfect investment for me. :) Quality, fade-resistant, smudge-proof prints at home. Gotta love that.

Kristina

AZShann 07-10-2006 03:25 PM

I go to Ritz Camera and Photo. It's a little more pricey, but the quality is top notch. If I am not needing the best quality, I go to Sam's Club or Costco. They are both relatively inexpensive.

cali254 07-18-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starofmay
Hmm... I'll chime in. :)

I've been digital since 2000 and have tried a few different online print companies.

kodakgallery.com (formerly Ofoto.com) -- brilliant, consistent color

shutterfly.com - also good color, but seems to be a bit more saturated

mpix.com - This is my "go-to" company for anything that just has to turn out perfect. Mpix is fabulous! Their colors are the most true-to-life I've seen. What I see on my screen is what I get (my monitor is calibrated, so I generally can expect correct colors). I recently shot my roommate's engagement photos and Mpix was extremely fast (over 550 prints delivered to our door in under 48 hours--and we didn't pick the expensive shipping!), and the have a plethora of print sizes to choose from! And the 8x10s we ordered are exquisite. Most digital printers do not offer 3.5x5 or other unusual sizes, but Mpix does. I love them. A bit more expensive, but in my opinion, wort it.

However, now I print my pictures mostly at home. I bought the Epson PictureMate Deluxe, and I LOVE it! I mostly scrap 4x6 or smaller, so this was the perfect investment for me. :) Quality, fade-resistant, smudge-proof prints at home. Gotta love that.

Kristina

Just wanted to thank you for recommending mpix. I thought I would try them since I have had trouble with walmart, kodak gallery, and our local camera store. I LOVE the paper they use and the colors are absolutely beautiful....
A little expensive for mass printing but for scrapbook pics, this is my new place!!

cindy_canada 07-19-2006 05:08 AM

Not all places are created equal... You can go to three different Wal-Mart stores and the pictures won't come out with the same quality since they're not printed by the same person. So that being said, the best way to find a place you're happy with is to try them out. I used to be happy with the pictures I had printed out at the Uniprix drugstore, which was right in front of my place, until there was a promotion at the IGA grocery store and I discovered that the pictures came out MUCH nicer there! The best way to compare is to send the same picture to a couple of place people have raved about, so you can actually compare the colours according to the same picture. You'll see which one you prefer.
One good picture to try out is a portrait of someone with greenery around that person, if possible. Complexion and grass are tricky, so it'll give you a good idea of how the colours come out.
HTH!
Cindy