Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help stamping in my first scrapbook

I have scrapbooked for years using all the latest and greatest trends. I am definately not a CM girl. I love print paper, not very into stickers, love the rub on letters, etc...

I have NEVER stamped in my scrapbook. Now that I have signed up to be a SU demo, I'd like to scrapbook the SU way and quit spending 3 hours on a single page.

I have a new puppy and would like to start with a scrapbook about her. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do?

B~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Talking

I don't know if you have kids, but this would be a great chance to start a "baby book" for your new puppy. The whole works would be adorable!

When you bought/adopted her. Her first day home. Food she hates. TEETHING!!!(with lots of pix of the chewed up stuff) Who she hangs out with the most. Where she sleeps. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

You'd get a chance to demo most of your stuff and get some pages done
;)

Alright! Who took my coffee cup??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I think it would be really cute to stamp a paw print on the page, little tiny baby puppy pawprint, how cute. If it were my dog I'd feel comfortable putting a small amount of craft ink on her paw, stamping it and then washing it off really well afterward. Or you could get a non toxic paint to do it if that makes you feel more comfortable.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Those are both great ideas...I think I'll definately do her paw print and try to do some "baby girl" themed pages....

What fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommi
I think it would be really cute to stamp a paw print on the page, little tiny baby puppy pawprint, how cute. If it were my dog I'd feel comfortable putting a small amount of craft ink on her paw, stamping it and then washing it off really well afterward. Or you could get a non toxic paint to do it if that makes you feel more comfortable.
Awesome idea! I know that the midwifery center where my daughter was born puts acrylic paint on the babies' feet and stamps on the wall of feet. It washes off easily and is safe If you do the puppy album, there is a really cute dog stamp set in the IB&C and you could get the wheel to go along with it and make your own bg paper. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 04:41 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love all the above ideas. What about using a wheel to create background paper? It's quick and easy. Then use coordinating stamps to create "die cuts".

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

How sweet. I was also thinking about that cute little set in the Idea book and Catty, but my thoughts were that you could use versamark and stamp your own background paper. This is usually something that new stampers and especially scrapbookers wanting to add stamps love to see in workshops. How cute to have a completed album with different techniques that you could show at your workshop, but it would be something that you had fun making, and it would all have a theme. You could find a bone stamp or pawprint and do some embossing to show... Wow, this gives you endless possibilities girl~~

I'm pretty sure I shut my blog down til further notice! Perhaps forever!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by javajunkie
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't know if you have kids, but this would be a great chance to start a "baby book" for your new puppy. The whole works would be adorable!

When you bought/adopted her. Her first day home. Food she hates. TEETHING!!!(with lots of pix of the chewed up stuff) Who she hangs out with the most. Where she sleeps. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture.)

This is just what I did for my puppy! And, coincidentally, it was the first scrapbook that I did any stamping in. It is my favorite book and if my scanner was working, I'd be happy to share.
My kids have pointed out that they don't have baby scrapbooks but the dog does. Hmmmm, who do I love more??? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes