Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:57 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do with your extra studio portraits?

Hello,
I have four children, and while we don't get too many studio portraits of the kids, we have done it and have many extra prints lying around. Does anyone have any cool ideas (beyond scrapping) for these, other than allowing them to sit in a drawer? Or, how do you store them? I'm sure there'll be a use for them some day and I want them to be preserved (I've already scanned all of them, so covered there). Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

when DH and i do studio portraits we get the 8x10's to keep (+ whatever else to give away)... i have SU's photo corner thingy... not too sure what the correct name for it is, but basically what you do is create a mat 1/4" bigger than the photo (so 8x10 pic, 8 1/4" x 10 1/4" mat) and use the punch on the corners. it creates 2 slits so you can sit your picture on the mat w/o using any kind of adhesive.

i just use acid-free/lignin-free paper and make my mats, then slip them into 8 1/2 x 11 sheet protectors in a binder... i found some acid-free protectors at costco, just check the box. and i use a different color for each session, so we know that they are different... i also left a space between each session so i can print out a "title page" with the date and occasion and such.

as far as using them non-scrapping... no clue. maybe frame a couple nice ones and put it on the wall/desk??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I only have one child, so not exactly the same issue as you. I try to keep all of mine in one envelope, but I'm always coming across strays around the house.

I always remember going though my moms photos as a kid & finding so many copies of the same school photo - so I know what you mean.

- Kelly A.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Default 81/2 x 11 book

What I have been doing is putting the 81/2 x 11 photos in an album. The picture takes up most of the page, then I add a quick title (3 months, or 4 years, or 1st grade,) then the bottom gets a quick little paper border. I'll use this book for all their portraits birth to 12 grade. Hope this helps. Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I have so many left over I think I could wall paper a room with them.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

lol, I know what you mean, although for my DD we've been taking her to a prof. studio and their prices are so out of this world I don't get any extras! (they're worth it though...WOW!) But I think making things you'll use would be great, like put them on a journal with paper and embellishments, just hodgepodge over the pictures and paper. You could use if for prayers, or special things they do and say you want to remember. Or decorate a ready made tissue box cover for each of their rooms so that it coordinates and has their pictures. Kids always like stuff with them on it!
Reply With Quote Likes