Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crops?

As stampers and Scrappers what would you pay for a crop day? Basically I am offering my space and tools ( including stamps ) on a limited basis to introduce stamping in scrapbooks to scrappers in my area. The space I am offering is "non dinominational" anything you want to bring is welcome, I am just offering uninterepted time/table space/ a few tools and stamps as well as inspiration and internet access. NO INSTRUCTION or CLASSES or CASH AND CARRY SALES. ( that is why people will book workshops!) ALSO... this is just a room in my house where I scrap and stamp... not a retail location.

I would like to know about:

-Per Hour fees

-3 hour sessions

-3 - 6 hour sessions

-6-15 hour session ( 9 am to 12 midnight )

Also, what are your opinions on this type of thing? Am I crazy to offer my stuff for people to try? I trust most of the people who are interested in attending, as they have been workshop guests, or hostesses over the years.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and input,
Sincerely,
Kerri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

As a CM consultant I do monthly workshops at my home and I charge the following:

Private "lessons"-$10 per hour

4 hours-$5

4-8 hours-$10

All day-$20 (more if I serve meals)

at all my crops I serve a small snack or dessert and have water, coffee and Iced Tea available.
I give them access to my tools and stamps. If I'm really trying to get them to learn someting new I usually do a raffle...for every new technique done you get a raffle ticket and I do one small prize at the end, I do that at a 4-8 crop.
I've never had anyone complain about my prices and I always have 3-8 people here.

HTH,
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

You aren't crazy for letting people use your stuff. I love scraping at my demos house - she has so much I don't, so I love being able to use it. I won't pay more than $10 for an evening though. Maybe offer a percentage off the crop fee if they place an order that night. Also if you show me a technique I'm more likely to want it and have to order it Most important, make it fun - that doesn't mean have games, but be friendly and get people to talk to each other. And be supportive of all company's products. Have fun and good luck.
Melanie in NC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Default What I do

We rent a building and bring all of our stuff! It is 12-12 and it's $10 per head...no matter how long you stay. I do take half off if they place a big order of about $50 or more.

We also offer pre-design scrapbook pages for $5 per layout. Lots of our customers take advantage of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I do a 4 hour session at $12 dollars with a $5 off when you pay in advance & 5 hours are $14. Basically about 2 or 3 dollars per hour which I get when people prepay ($5 certificate) and that keeps people from cancelling as much.
HTH
Oh yeah, they do get use of all my tools as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I work at a Local Scrap Store and we charge $10. We open our crop room from 6-12 midnight. If they pay their $10, they can come in as early as we open and crop until their heart is content. We provide dinner, drawings throughout the night, and give each a goody bag.

I did pay $10 for certain workshops my demo had. I like that I can use stamps I don't have. I'm trying to get together with some of my friends so we can swap stamp sets for the day. We wouldn't do it with a charge involved. Just scrapping/card making. One of my friends was working on a book for her dad. It was so hard for me though. She'd come here (I have more space) and I would end up helping her on her things and get nothing done on my stuff. The book turned out terrific though.
Reply With Quote Likes