Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CK Essential Scrapbook DVD in mail??

Ok, I rec'd in the mail a box from Creating Keepsakes. In it is a DVD called "Creative Tips, Techniques & Solutions" from the Essential Scrapbook videocollection. I did not order this. It just showed up. Well, the letter states if you don't want it( the DVD costs $7 and then they will send additional titles later) just send it back "at no cost to you, in the same box it came in using the prepaid postage label". Well, I'm thinking what a pain in the patootie. I didn't order this anyway. Then I read another part of the letter that stated "Because you didn't order this video you are under no obligation to do anything. But we appreciate your returning it, because then we can offer another subscriber the same preview oppurtunity." Very interesting!!! So now what. Do they really think people are going to return this DVD to them?? It also has a free font on it! Also, I'm free to keep the scrapbook embellishents that were also in the box!! I have no desire to start receiving additional DVD's. Did anyone else get this?? What are you going to do?? Legally, It sounds lke I'm free to kepp it w/o obligation. What do you all think??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I did receive this last October I think it was. Mine was from Paper Crafts which is essentially the same company as CK I believe. Anyway I was thinking the same as you. "I did not ask for this and what a pain." Well to make a long story short my oldest ds was in bad auto accident right around the same time I got the DVD and I totally forgot about until they started sending me letters wanting either the payment or the DVD back. I had no plans on just keeping it without paying for it. But again it does state that you do not have to send it back and all that. I sent my payment for it probably in November maybe December after my ds was out of the hospital and almost done with home health care and I was able to refocus back on other things. And I never received any other DVD's. It did seem like a good DVD but I only watched it the one time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

My mom used to work for the post office. She told me once that if anything gets mailed to your address that you did not order, you are legally within your right to keep it. She said that this applies to companies who send you books and CD's like when you join one of those book clubs or music clubs, and then you try to cancel your membership after the required length of time. But then they continue to send you stuff that you don't want them to send. She said you are under no legal obligation to do anything with it at all, including no legal obligation to pay for it. Apparently there is some Federal law that covers this. If they send you a bill, you can write them a note explaining that you didn't order it, and you are legally under no obligation to them. They can't do anything about it. When I get stuff like that, I write "Return to Sender" on it and drop it in a big blue mailbox. Costs me nothing in postage to send it back.

Janna
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes