Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/)
-   -   BACK TO SCHOOL AND TIME TO HIT THE BOOKS - THE SCRAPBOOKS, THAT IS! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-80/back-school-time-hit-books-scrapbooks-280555/)

trkoala 08-24-2007 08:40 AM

I think Bryce and I are going to lie down for a bit...

arhawg 08-24-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkoala (Post 6962774)
Hehehe. When Amber gets off work we are going to meet at Wild River Country. Then I'm going to pick up my 2 nieces at school and go pick up their puppy to take to her dogsitter for the next week while they all go to Myrtle. This evening is going to be busy. :-D

oh boy! mom wants to go to the buffet next door.... uummmm THERE be NOTHING HERE!!!! IE we had to prepay for gas! it doesnt take credit cards!!!!

:rolleyes:

If I don't return after awhile please come looking!!! we are in alabama.... at a citgo station where there is a small buffet next door!

Ama3022 08-24-2007 08:43 AM

Hey Darcy!!! You on your way??

Ama3022 08-24-2007 08:43 AM

When do you think you will be here?

StacyBeth 08-24-2007 08:46 AM

OK.. so now I am jealous! You gals have fun meeting face to face! I will try to stop in more frequently so I can be invited to fun get togethers too:) Or just at least to catch up! Be safe.

WshUpnASta 08-24-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyBeth (Post 6962871)
OK.. so now I am jealous! You gals have fun meeting face to face! I will try to stop in more frequently so I can be invited to fun get togethers too:) Or just at least to catch up! Be safe.

I am so jealous! I'm stuck here in Maine, and nobody's going to visit me.

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ama3022 (Post 6962842)
Hey Darcy!!! You on your way??

YEPPERS!!!

we in Alabama

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ama3022 (Post 6962845)
When do you think you will be here?

tomorrow after lunch. we are stopping in Augusta for the night

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyBeth (Post 6962871)

well, you all are invited to the January one!!!

trkoala 08-24-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arhawg (Post 6963198)
tomorrow after lunch. we are stopping in Augusta for the night

Tell dad that someone is sleeping in his bed! LOL!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkoala (Post 6963240)
Tell dad that someone is sleeping in his bed! LOL!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

WHO???

then... why the CB there???? and it better not be crickett

oh that was a quopte!

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:27 AM

okay back to reading....

trkoala 08-24-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arhawg (Post 6963284)
WHO???

then... why the CB there???? and it better not be crickett

oh that was a quopte!

CB was in the crib til Crickett nudged the door open then CB screamed b/c he wanted to play with Crickett. So.... we went and layed down in dad's bed and he fell asleep. :mrgreen:

trkoala 08-24-2007 09:40 AM

Now I cooking peaches, broccoli, and plums for the boy.

And no they are not mixed together. :-D

trkoala 08-24-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkoala (Post 6963623)

And now pears...

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkoala (Post 6963617)
CB was in the crib til Crickett nudged the door open then CB screamed b/c he wanted to play with Crickett. So.... we went and layed down in dad's bed and he fell asleep. :mrgreen:

well crickett should be in her pen! hahahaha

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkoala (Post 6963623)

well you are having a ton of fun:rolleyes:

arhawg 08-24-2007 09:56 AM

and now i think i am going to finish the book.... on page 218/236 then need to highlight and email corrections to rebeca

trkoala 08-24-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arhawg (Post 6963826)
well crickett should be in her pen! hahahaha

She is now. :rolleyes:

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:01 AM

I got another circle journal page done. And I did two of this one cause I wanted it for another scrapbook I'm working on. And the next one is almost done. It's semi-homemade (partial digi - printing now). I think that leaves me 4 to go. If I don't finish them today, I should be able to finish them Sunday.

Tomorrow we have this get together with a bunch of Lewis's old friends. I'm really, really dreading it. Many of the people who will be there haven't seen Lewis since before his first wife's death and they just won't know what to do about me. Even if they know about me - and all of them should - it still hasn't sunk in. Since they don't think about Lewis and his first wife that often, when they do have to think about her death, it's like it's new and fresh for them. Lewis and the girls have passed that point but when they are around people who haven't dealt with it, it brings up the pain all fresh again. :(

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:02 AM

Well, that page has finished printing. I'll go see what I can do to make it look like something. And I need to boil some eggs for deviled eggs for tomorrow. But I'll be back! :mrgreen:

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:15 AM

WooHoo!!! I can't believe it! I used my Stickles and didn't get them all over me or in my hair or on the table or chair or floor or scrapbook album or anything! Just where it was supposed to go! :mrgreen:

And I still haven't started the eggs. Better go do that now. :rolleyes:

trkoala 08-24-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite (Post 6964061)
WooHoo!!! I can't believe it! I used my Stickles and didn't get them all over me or in my hair or on the table or chair or floor or scrapbook album or anything! Just where it was supposed to go! :mrgreen:

AW CRUD! You just reminded me that I boiled some eggs this morning and I left them sitting on the stove cooling. So much for those eggs....:(

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:18 AM

ok, eggs on to cook. Now to remember to check on them. :rolleyes:

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arhawg (Post 6963191)
YEPPERS!!!

we in Alabama

say hi to my FIL for me...hehehehe

mholles 08-24-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

I hope those stickles went on the page for my book :)

mholles 08-24-2007 10:22 AM

I had my lunch, and then had to go be reference for an hour. Now I'm back at my desk for the afternoon.

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholles (Post 6964138)
I hope those stickles went on the page for my book :)

Hehehe!! Haven't gotten to that one yet. But I'll keep that in mind. In fact, I think I know exactly how I can use them on your page. Hmmm . . . I may have to get out the ones I've finished and Stickly 'em up a little. :mrgreen:

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite (Post 6963907)
I got another circle journal page done. And I did two of this one cause I wanted it for another scrapbook I'm working on. And the next one is almost done. It's semi-homemade (partial digi - printing now). I think that leaves me 4 to go. If I don't finish them today, I should be able to finish them Sunday.

Tomorrow we have this get together with a bunch of Lewis's old friends. I'm really, really dreading it. Many of the people who will be there haven't seen Lewis since before his first wife's death and they just won't know what to do about me. Even if they know about me - and all of them should - it still hasn't sunk in. Since they don't think about Lewis and his first wife that often, when they do have to think about her death, it's like it's new and fresh for them. Lewis and the girls have passed that point but when they are around people who haven't dealt with it, it brings up the pain all fresh again. :(

I can't wait to see the pages everyone has done. I think you send it to MElanie and then it comes to me... I should check the schedule.

I hope the get together isn't to painful or bad for you and your DH. Hopefully it will go fine and won't be painful for anyone.. hugs

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:29 AM

We are finally home. Aftet PG we came home and y dad left a message about meeting for lunch. So I called him back, got the time, stuck the boys nt eh tub real fast sicne they were filthy from the sand on the playground and it had rained so the slides were wet. Made them each a sandwicha nd then we headed out to meet my dad and step mom for lunch. Thast was really nice and the boys were both so well behaved. I didn't have to raise my voice or "talk" to them once.... so refeshing
Tanner is down for a much needed nap and Duncan is resting on the couch watching Noggin. I have some cleaning to do in prep for Miss Darcy doo's arrival..hehehehe That will wait a little bit though

So, how is everyone doing today?

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968 (Post 6964188)
I can't wait to see the pages everyone has done. I think you send it to MElanie and then it comes to me... I should check the schedule.

I hope the get together isn't to painful or bad for you and your DH. Hopefully it will go fine and won't be painful for anyone.. hugs

Yep, from me to Melanie to you. :mrgreen:

I've been praying for rain all week (it's going to be at a local park). I think DH wanted to go when he first found out about it. But then he started thinking about what it will be like and he's not too excited about it either. But, it will be hot and very humid tomorrow - the perfect excuse to cut the day short. :rolleyes:

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968 (Post 6964235)
We are finally home. Aftet PG we came home and y dad left a message about meeting for lunch. So I called him back, got the time, stuck the boys nt eh tub real fast sicne they were filthy from the sand on the playground and it had rained so the slides were wet. Made them each a sandwicha nd then we headed out to meet my dad and step mom for lunch. Thast was really nice and the boys were both so well behaved. I didn't have to raise my voice or "talk" to them once.... so refeshing
Tanner is down for a much needed nap and Duncan is resting on the couch watching Noggin. I have some cleaning to do in prep for Miss Darcy doo's arrival..hehehehe That will wait a little bit though

So, how is everyone doing today?

busy, busy day for you. But it sounds like a very nice day. Remember a year or so back, maybe less, when you were wondering if it would always be like that with the boys, especially Duncan, and I tried to reassure you that it would get better. I think it's getting better already. :)

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:39 AM

well, I think I might have thrown away my acmoore coupon now that I want to actually use it on something. I was in earlier today and all of their cuttlebug dies and embossing folders are on sale 40% off anyway. But I wanted to get a new set of circular knitting needles and the price was about $12. I would really like to use the 40% off coupon for them. Does anyone know if you can get acmoore coupons online?

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite (Post 6964268)
busy, busy day for you. But it sounds like a very nice day. Remember a year or so back, maybe less, when you were wondering if it would always be like that with the boys, especially Duncan, and I tried to reassure you that it would get better. I think it's getting better already. :)

You are so right. It was a good day and hopefully they will be like there were today more often now.

And Tanner isn't napping, I hear him at his door...grrrr... althoguh, he hasn't opened it yet

mrslevite 08-24-2007 10:41 AM

found it!

http://www.acmoore.com/showweeklyspe...upon.asp?ID=98

mholles 08-24-2007 10:41 AM

So Donna, do you have any extra room at your house this weekend ;)

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite (Post 6964342)
well, I think I might have thrown away my acmoore coupon now that I want to actually use it on something. I was in earlier today and all of their cuttlebug dies and embossing folders are on sale 40% off anyway. But I wanted to get a new set of circular knitting needles and the price was about $12. I would really like to use the 40% off coupon for them. Does anyone know if you can get acmoore coupons online?

I can email you the link to print one off if you want

arhawg 08-24-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

AWESOME!!! I so proud of you for getting in the SB mojo!

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholles (Post 6964359)
So Donna, do you have any extra room at your house this weekend ;)

I wish.. as it is, darcy will be camped out on the couch... I do have an extra twin matress but not sure where we could put i...hmmmm

sapphire1968 08-24-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite (Post 6964357)

Oh goodie!