Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #1801
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith199
Denise, I think a class would be a great idea. Is your demo going to give a number of ideas for using each of the different pieces? I think that's what would interest me the most
Sorry I haven't responded sooner - work has been crazy and that's the best place for me to get on-line. Dang those clients!!!!!

I'm not sure what she's planning on but I am going to take the class and will let you know what happens. I'm getting kind of excited! She's also doing a Christmas card class where for $20 you make 15 cards. I LOVE getting new ideas!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #1802
Crimping Master

Hey girls-
Another migraine today....I'm pretty sick (no pun intended) of saying that! I started a thread in everyday chit chat about quitting my teaching job. The stress is a major factor in both my migraines and fibro and I can't get a handle on it! I'm not a quitter so this is NOT something I take lightly. I feel like a major loser for even considering it....because what will I do? But I literally can't get it all done and I'm making myself sick with all there is to do! The population I deal with is very needy and it is emotionally taxing ... I don't know. If I don't quit I feel like I'm going to be back at my daily transformed migraines where I was two summers ago. and I don't want to be there. Sorry to be a drag...I've always worked (almost to the perfectionist)level and it's killin me to think of being a quitter but I'm getting so sick by working where I am....
((. .. Beth theangelcompany #3332
-::- ((. Beauty is the gift of God. - Aristotle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #1803
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowgirlCreations
Hey girls-
Another migraine today....I'm pretty sick (no pun intended) of saying that! I started a thread in everyday chit chat about quitting my teaching job. The stress is a major factor in both my migraines and fibro and I can't get a handle on it! I'm not a quitter so this is NOT something I take lightly. I feel like a major loser for even considering it....because what will I do? But I literally can't get it all done and I'm making myself sick with all there is to do! The population I deal with is very needy and it is emotionally taxing ... I don't know. If I don't quit I feel like I'm going to be back at my daily transformed migraines where I was two summers ago. and I don't want to be there. Sorry to be a drag...I've always worked (almost to the perfectionist)level and it's killin me to think of being a quitter but I'm getting so sick by working where I am....
beth i'm not a doc but i used to suffer from severe migraines & my doc put me on topamax....it's a preventative med used to control migraines....it works for me so maybe u can speak to ur doc about it...good luck!!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #1804
Crimping Master

I'm currently taking Topamax and Cymbalta. I'm very sensitive to the Topamax and maintain a 25 mg dose until I flare and then up the dose and am now on 50 daily. I start to forget everything on it. On 75 mg I'm just about useless. My doc said the last two times that if this isn't taking care of it, because my body quickly gets Used to meds, that he wants to try Lyrica. But I read the side effects and am not so sure I want to try that....anyone have any experience with it?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #1805
Bold and Bright

Quote:
I'm currently taking Topamax and Cymbalta. I'm very sensitive to the Topamax and maintain a 25 mg dose until I flare and then up the dose and am now on 50 daily. I start to forget everything on it. On 75 mg I'm just about useless. My doc said the last two times that if this isn't taking care of it, because my body quickly gets Used to meds, that he wants to try Lyrica. But I read the side effects and am not so sure I want to try that....anyone have any experience with it?
Oh...me! That's the field I work in...I just sent you a PM>...
Old 10-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #1806
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
that's what i take 25 mg twice daily, & i never get them unless i over-do it somehow...guess it works differently on peeps...sorry i couldn't help..
Old 10-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #1807
Gabfest Goddess

Just popping in to say hi. My bronchitis turned to pneumonia and I've been in bed the last few days. I wish Joey would stop bringing home all this stuff from school! Grrrrrr........... I hope the rest of you are staying healthy!

Tracey, your box arrived yesterday- thanks so much for the stamps and the angel pin /bookmark. You are a sweetie! I'm sorry I haven't called you yet. I still haven't gotten my voice back!

Happy Halloween ladies!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 AM   #1808
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry you haven't been feeling well Marlene...take care of yourself. Sarah caught a cold and it just doesn't seem to be going away...between being at school and working at the lasertag place (with lots of little kids) she just keeps getting it back. DH and I got our flu shots a couple weeks ago...knock on wood! Have a great Halloween ladies!!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 PM   #1809
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgirl707
Just popping in to say hi. My bronchitis turned to pneumonia and I've been in bed the last few days. I wish Joey would stop bringing home all this stuff from school! Grrrrrr........... I hope the rest of you are staying healthy!

Tracey, your box arrived yesterday- thanks so much for the stamps and the angel pin /bookmark. You are a sweetie! I'm sorry I haven't called you yet. I still haven't gotten my voice back!

Happy Halloween ladies!
aww gee...i was hopin' u were on the mend...i'm glad it made it there safely & u like the goodies?? i'll get u more on my next visit(ran outta cash..LOL) wonder if i can send chicken soup thru the mail......oooh i know....hehehe!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #1810
Polyshrink Goddess

Hope your are feeling better soon Marlene.

Hope everyone else is healthy.

Kim
Old 10-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #1811
Crimping Master

Hello all....my dh and dear dad just "rescued" me from a conference- LOL. I was down there and migraine after migraine and needed to come home and too many meds in me...so they drove down two hours to get me and two hours back home in time to get my little one to the harvest festival!! I've off to visit the neurologist tomorrow...we'll see what he says. Marlene, you're not suppposed to be getting pneumonia! I think between all of us we could be those bubble people- LOL. I was sitting at the conference and - whoa- soaps, perfumes, lotions- oh my! It was sensory overload! I would've loved a bubble ....hmmm... I wonder if that's a reasonable accomodation under ADA? Ok just kidding. Happy Harvest! My son dressed as a butterfly catcher...he carved a cross in his pumpkin at school.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #1812
Gabfest Goddess

Well, it seems as though we have a new member to our family. A little black cat showed up at our house yesterday. It seems as though it's been hanging around our neighbors place for about a week or so. Last night Chris came in and said "How wierd is it that a black cat comes up to me and starts meowing at me on halloween?" I started laughing and said he must be cursed now. Well, Greg was working outside this morning and it came up to him as well. He brought it inside to show me. The poor little thing had a huge chunk of fur and skin missing and it was raw flesh. Well, Greg and I took the little one to the vet. He said it must have been in a fight as it had puncture wounds in the flesh. We had to leave her there as she needs surgery as she has a deep infection so he is going to "cut it out"--- OUCH!!!! And of course we will keep her. We didn't think she is more then 3 or 4 months old but the vet said she is about 1 year old as she has her permanent teeth. She's tiny. But she isn't wild at all- very used to people so we think someone just threw her out. The vet will deworm and "fix" her as well as give her all her shots too. We are going to name her Weenie. Because she came to us on Halloween! The vet is being very kind and giving us a break on the bill since we took in a stray and injured cat. He said they need more people like us! I thought that was very cool of him!

Did everyone else have a happy halloween?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #1813
Gabfest Goddess

That is sooo nice of you to help the kitty. We had a very slow Halloween night. It was chilly and a bit rainy so not too many little ones came. Sarah is happy cause there is lots of candy left over!! We dressed our beagle, Molly as a pirate! (she was not too happy) She has been blind for about 3 years now and while we were on vacation we had an emergency call from the kennel..her right eye had ruptured...had to have both of her eyes removed. So now she just looks like she is sleeping all the time, which she usually is!! She is doing very well, couldn't see anyway and now we don't have to worry about her bumping her eyes into things, she never closed them. Ok....enough rambling...have a great evening all!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #1814
Crimping Master

Oh our bless-ed pets! I guess you could also call the kitty Hallo since she has a hole to be hollowed out....OK that was bad...I really do feel for her, poor thing. She knew where to go trick-r-treating.

I went the the doc today. New meds to get me off this headache cycle-hopefully! He realized how stupid the others were making me and said these shouldn't make me as "cognitively dull"...I think that was a nice way of putting it!!

I picked my ds up from school today and ....sore throat. Ran him to his pediatrician for a throat culture and he has strep. So he and I are going to be bums at home tomorrow.

My head has stopped spinning about work and I think I know what I have to do. That feels good.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:52 AM   #1815
Gabfest Goddess

Well, we picked up our new kitty yesterday. She has LOTS of stitches, but she is doing well. Slept alot yesterday, but is getting into mischief today exploring things. Nick our other cat, and Buddy the dog are NOT happy campers with the new addition in the family at the moment, but they'll get used to her in time.

Beth, I hope you are doing well today, and all of you other wonderful ladies as well. Have a great morning! I'm off to give Bitty Boo (we decided that name was cuter) her meds and make a pot of coffee. Catch ya later!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:14 AM   #1816
Gabfest Goddess

good morning all! I love the name BittyBoo!! Have a great day all!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #1817
Crimping Master

Oh that is a cute name! I'm doing better...taking it easy. I'm trying to plan out my holiday gift giving and am wondering what I should be busy making!!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #1818
Gabfest Goddess

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies! I am going to be swapping out swaps all day with my pal Mary!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #1819
Stazon Splitcoast

I love little kitties!!! Sounds like a great name Marlene! Our cat is quite the jealous type and we discovered the hard way that we definitely live in a one-cat household. But we found a good home for the kitten we tried to make part of our family along with Nutmeg.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Started the day with a migraine but it is better now and I have had some time this weekend to stamp, so I'm a happy camper.

P.S. Don't forget to play VSN next weekend if you can!!! Its going to be so much fun! And don't worry if you don't have time to do them all; with the responsibilities here at home I never get to do more than three or four of them anyway, so just come out and play!!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #1820
Die Cut Diva

Wink

hope everyone is having a great day....not to solicit y'all, but if any of u are looking for a swap to join...i sure could use some swappers in my variety swap....tysm!! marlene i got u some more goodies yesterday!! got me some too! LOL
Old 11-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #1821
Die Cut Diva

Talking

ok...so is everyone off stamping or working??? LOL grr...i soo hate that i don't have a normal life..... psst...marlene, u check ur email yet? hope y'all having a good day!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #1822
Gabfest Goddess

morning ladies...getting ready to go stamp. Have a great day all!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #1823
Crimping Master

Is it me or is everyone taking a break??? We had the day off today. I am on my way in a few minutes to see the Tim Allen Santa Clause 3 movie with my granddaughter. We were going to Flushed Away, but she had second thoughts and wants to see SC3. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no stampin for me today... but will have a good time with my girl.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #1824
Mad Swapper

Just popped in to say HI and see how you all were... quiet ... hope you are all well - definitely in my thoughts and prayers. yuko
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #1825
Die Cut Diva

Talking

been wondering that too janet...i think they're all hiding...LOL
Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #1826
Crimping Master

Yeah- I had to work today...I guess with Veteran's day being on Saturday, no day off for me.. WAHH. Anyone doing VSN tonight? Ah, I want to but I'm not ready!!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #1827
Gabfest Goddess

I would like to do vsn but never seem to have time to do it. Too many swaps to get finished up!!
Janet? How was the movie today???
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #1828
Crimping Master

This was the best one... but I am a real sucker for a good Santa Claus movie... We both cozied up and enjoyed the movie. Gonna have to buy it when it come out.
I do gotta start stampin' my Christmas gifts because I want to give my SILs theirs on Thanksgiving.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #1829
Crimping Master

I know everyone is resting up for VSN... and the Star Wars Marathon that starts at midnight.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 AM   #1830
Kookie Creator

I wasn't able to play but I hope those who did had a great time! Have a nice day everyone!
Karyn Angel #3922 Being an ANGEL is just more fun!
my space The New Cattie is out contact me for information!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:19 AM   #1831
Insane Embellisher

Finishing my last swap before Christmas. Just wanted to say hi and to wish Marlene get well wishes. Sorry to hear she is in the hospital again.
Gail
Old 11-14-2006, 06:54 AM   #1832
Matboard Maniac

I've been absent for a little bit here. Is Marlene back in the hospital?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #1833
Crimping Master

I also am wishing Marlene well! Does anyone know what is troubling her this time?

Waiting for those VSN winners to be announced so I can see some spectacular cards! I did 3 on Friday night and boy was my last card UGLY...I knew it was time for bed! I didn't participate in any challenges on Saturday though.

How is everyone? We've all been SO quiet.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #1834
Crimping Master

I also am wishing Marlene well! Does anyone know what is troubling her this time?

Waiting for those VSN winners to be announced so I can see some spectacular cards! I did 3 on Friday night and boy was my last card UGLY...I knew it was time for bed! I didn't participate in any challenges on Saturday though.

How is everyone? We've all been SO quiet.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #1835
Polyshrink Goddess

This was a post from Marlenes friend Mary 2 days ago.

"Marlene was indeed admitted to the hospital, and is in the cardiac care unit again. The pneumonia just wouldn't go away. I was surprised she didn't go earlier. I don't understand why they would let her with all her health problems stay at home with walking pneumonia! Sheesh!!! Her cardiologist is very concerned- I will get the whole story later from Greg when he comes home."

Hope she gets better soon.

Hope everyone is feeling well and has a great day.

Kim
Old 11-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #1836
Polyshrink Goddess

"Marlene was indeed admitted to the hospital, and is in the cardiac care unit again. The pneumonia just wouldn't go away. I was surprised she didn't go earlier. I don't understand why they would let her with all her health problems stay at home with walking pneumonia! Sheesh!!! Her cardiologist is very concerned- I will get the whole story later from Greg when he comes home."

Kim
Old 11-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #1837
Polyshrink Goddess

Kim
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #1838
Polyshrink Goddess

System is acting up again. Sorry for the triple post.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #1839
Crimping Master

Thanks . I hope they are able to help her get well! I'm SO looking forward to Thanksgiving! Anyone else? A few days off, turkey, taters and gravy...mmmm....naps! Oh and STAMPING!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #1840
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Beth

Thanksgiving Dinner is my favorite. Mom use to ask me what dinner I wanted on my birthday. My answer: Turkey, mash potatoes w/ gravey and candied yams. She quit asking. Oh well, at least I will get this on Thursday. I also am looking forward to a 4 days off. Can't wait.

Kim