Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #4641
Kindred Quacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Whew. That makes me feel a little better!!!

Wow. That's pretty quick! She must fly through that yarn! LOL!! The yarn IS easier, though..... That thread is .... fun ... to work with. LOL!!!!!
Yeah, she is like this crochet queen, she did a sweater while on a talk show, unbelievable, I for get her name, but I am sure if you did some looking you could find out about her......she is in some of the crochet magazines.

I love the thread!!!!! So much you can do with it. I love to make doilies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #4642
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulone View Post
Yeah, she is like this crochet queen, she did a sweater while on a talk show, unbelievable, I for get her name, but I am sure if you did some looking you could find out about her......she is in some of the crochet magazines.

I love the thread!!!!! So much you can do with it. I love to make doilies.

That's so cool. I don't know that I want to be THAT fast. LOL! I think I like doing it because it takes a little time.

I like it, too!!! It's GORGEOUS and is so neat on things. I would like to learn to make the thread baby booties and such. I will get there in time, I know. I just love the 'vintage' look that the thread leans toward.

I'm really enjoying the making of the flowers. I've tried a couple of different ones and just used the thread rather than the yarn. Works great. Those are fun to make when I'm just sitting around waiting for something.

Photography Site

Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #4643
First To Quack

I wonder if Roxie knows what she started? I bought anothr thing of thread & a #8 hook today. I figure I have a little investment in it now but nothing compared to other hobbies, kwim?Speaking of pricy hobbies...I am printing out a 199 page workbook for Bernina. It has taken all afternoon but I'm almost finished!!!! I will need new ink tho...uh oh...my red is now printing yellow & I'm on page 4 (statred with 199)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #4644
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Mom did call this morning and said Aunt Mary Lou was out of surgery and the surgeon said it went well. They would probably let her go home today.
That's wonderful news, Tam. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #4645
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, poor Adrian!! I hope she feels better quickly and that it isn't hard on her.
She is fine, apparently. LOL We were on the go all day with several errands. Not so much as a cough or sniffle. I remembered to take my sinus pill today and did much better.

Speaking of crocheting the flowers, I saw at Walmart where they are cardback packaging doilies and promoting them in the scrapbooking isle. The smallest was a 6" doily for $2.99 (I think that was the cost) and the larger one - probably an 8" was $4.99

Once I get back in practice I can do a 6" intricate doily in about an hour.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #4646
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I started my day with a headache. Now, I'm wiped out with a headache-hangover. Yuck. I hope I can perk up so that I can work out. I really need to. I'm just so tired.

And it's COLD again today. YUCK.
I hope this reply is finding you feeling a bit better, Shell.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #4647
Stazon Splitcoast

I think since A didn't have a nap today, she might make it to bed before 8. With it being light still at 7:30 and she can't see the stars, it's a little harder to get her to go to bed. I'll be on here for awhile tonight. I'm going to be visiting the blogs for Day 3 blog hop and leaving comments.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #4648
Stazon Splitcoast

Did the ink hold out, Dody? I always keep spares of ink on hand... especially in black. I have this fear of printing out contest entries at 11 p.m. at night the day before they have to be mailed and running out of ink before I"m finished.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #4649
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I wonder if Roxie knows what she started? I bought anothr thing of thread & a #8 hook today. I figure I have a little investment in it now but nothing compared to other hobbies, kwim?Speaking of pricy hobbies...I am printing out a 199 page workbook for Bernina. It has taken all afternoon but I'm almost finished!!!! I will need new ink tho...uh oh...my red is now printing yellow & I'm on page 4 (statred with 199)

LOL!! I doubt that she does. I have a #5, 6, 7, 8 and 10! LOL!!!

I don't mind the investment with this because the thread will last forever when making those precious flowers. I love it. And I can take it with me ANYWHERE. Love that.

Bernina?? Is that your sewing machine?? Sorry about your ink!!!!

Photography Site

Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #4650
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
She is fine, apparently. LOL We were on the go all day with several errands. Not so much as a cough or sniffle. I remembered to take my sinus pill today and did much better.

Speaking of crocheting the flowers, I saw at Walmart where they are cardback packaging doilies and promoting them in the scrapbooking isle. The smallest was a 6" doily for $2.99 (I think that was the cost) and the larger one - probably an 8" was $4.99

Once I get back in practice I can do a 6" intricate doily in about an hour.

That's great that she hasn't had an issue. I hope that continues through the night.

That's very cool. I can't do that yet. One day, maybe.

Photography Site

Old 03-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #4651
Total Quack

Quote:
I hope this reply is finding you feeling a bit better, Shell.

Thanks. I feel better because I worked out. That really helped. I'm still pretty tired, but I'm just sitting tonight and trying to make a small blanket for one of Jaydin's babies. It's a different yarn than I've used (really neat), and I'm making my own pattern just to play a little.

I hope you are able to rest more tonight and that Adrian doesn't have any issues.

Photography Site

Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #4652
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

hi all...well, we finally got one of the kids to take the ladybugs home for the weekend. I drew names! When I did ....the one kid that hasn't done much for "extra" stuff was the name that I ended up with. Oh geeze! He came in and started saying that I could tell him what to do. I hadn't written...or any of the kids written what we have been doing to take care of them. So, after he said that he had to meet someone to take them home. I said to go and get that person...move his car....and then I would have it ready. Well, he talked one of the other kids into taking them. I said that's okay....that his name will go back into the pot again. He was shocked! Another kid told me later that he liked the way I came up with who was going to take them home. I wanted to tell him that this is how we decided in preschool! But, I didn't!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #4653
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm sure there's a shorter way to post the link but here is the link to the eggs.

http://paperfections.typepad.com/pap...310fde9996970c

They are really cool. Wish I had enough time to make some this year, but good idea for next year.
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #4654
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Mom did call this morning and said Aunt Mary Lou was out of surgery and the surgeon said it went well. They would probably let her go home today.
Glad to hear that they arrived in Florida okay and were there for Mary Lou's surgery. Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope she has a quick, easy recovery and finally will be okay.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #4655
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
morning all....well, we've been dashing around with the rocket team. The other teams didn't bother to show up. Which is bothersome! I wish these kids would at least say that aren't coming. I'll be sending an email out today.....telling them that if they aren't coming to let me know. I'm sure no one will call!
Unfortunately, that does not speak well for their parents who haven't trained them to be responsible, thoughtful young adults who take care of their lives and don't inconvenience other people who are helping them.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #4656
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I started my day with a headache. Now, I'm wiped out with a headache-hangover. Yuck. I hope I can perk up so that I can work out. I really need to. I'm just so tired.

And it's COLD again today. YUCK.
I hope you're feeling better today for the weekend Shell.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #4657
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Oh my! That is a lot of printing. I remember when I had my Toshiba laptop it did not come with instruction book. It was online and you could print it out if you wanted, but I never did that.

I'm trying to put together an instruction book for Copics by printing out all the direction pages from the I Like Markers blog. I've got quite a few of them already and am working on organizing them into a binder.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #4658
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
hi all...well, we finally got one of the kids to take the ladybugs home for the weekend. I drew names! When I did ....the one kid that hasn't done much for "extra" stuff was the name that I ended up with. Oh geeze! He came in and started saying that I could tell him what to do. I hadn't written...or any of the kids written what we have been doing to take care of them. So, after he said that he had to meet someone to take them home. I said to go and get that person...move his car....and then I would have it ready. Well, he talked one of the other kids into taking them. I said that's okay....that his name will go back into the pot again. He was shocked! Another kid told me later that he liked the way I came up with who was going to take them home. I wanted to tell him that this is how we decided in preschool! But, I didn't!
After that kind of a response from him, I'd be cautious about having him take them home. Hope he wouldn't neglect them while in his care.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #4659
Quacker Stamper

Had a busy day at the office yesterday although my boss was gone for most of it. He was there in the morning and gave me some projects to work on. Then he left before noon to go to a settlement meeting and I never saw him the rest of the day. He did call a couple of times including once while I was at lunch with one of the girls. When I got back the receptionist said to call him ASAP, that he had called a couple of times. I had not idea what he was up to. So of course when I got back to my desk and called him, his response was "that's okay I found what I was looking for." Some big deal, right! That's why I never get excited when he does. It usually turns out to be not so important after all.

International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #4660
Quacker Stamper

I did go out to lunch yesterday with a girl that I used to be really good friends with. We used to eat lunch together all the time and went out to eat together quite a bit. Then about 4 years ago, she kind of tossed our friendship aside. I may have talked about her before because we did have some issues. The whole thing started while I was on vacation in CA one year over Christmas holiday. When I got back, some of the girls (including her) had started playing Mexican Dominoes at lunchtime. She invited me to join them, but there were already a bunch of them playing and I wasn't interested in playing the game. So that was basically the start of the end of our relationship. Then something else happened that killed the friendship and we didn't talk to each other for a long time. Found out that one of the other girls told her that I said something about her that was not true. I don't talk about any of the girls at work unless I'm willing to say it to their face because I don't talk behind their backs. If I say something then it's something that I don't care if the other person knows or not. Anyway, we found out after about a year what really happened and started talking to each other again, but she was still hanging with the other group of ladies. Also, she had not asked me to go out to lunch with her since we quit having lunch together.

Recently though she has discovered the true colors of the other girls that she thought were her friends and have turned out not to be so friendly after all. One day last week she e-mailed me to see if I could go to lunch with her. I was surprised, but said yes although i couldn't go that day and we were finally able to go yesterday.

We went to Luby's and had a nice lunch together. She wanted to tell me the whole story of what has been going on and she has finally wised up to the attitudes of those ladies. I could have told her that a long time ago, but she wouldn't have listened to me, but had to find out on her own. Reasons that I've never really hung around with them.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #4661
Quacker Stamper

You'll never guess what I'm going to do! ----------- GO ON A CRUISE!!!!!!!!!
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #4662
Quacker Stamper

My DD's have booked a Caribbean cruise setting sail on July 4. The only thing is that they didn't all book it together. This was my DD in CA's idea to start with. First they are planning a big 12-day Mediterranean cruise next year with my oldest DGD graduates from high school. She wanted everyone to go on that one, but I don't think that I can do that one. Then they decided to do this other one this year and were trying to get friends and family to go along. They actually booked their part of the cruise some time ago. My other DD had said they weren't going to go because they had never cruised before and weren't sure how the kids were going to do and if they'd like it which is why they went on the Cozumel trip over Spring Break which they loved. So after they got back, they decided to go ahead and also book on the July 4 cruise. It wasn't until my DD in CA was on their way out to their Spring Break trip, that she e-mailed me about the cruise and wondered if I would be interested. I've only been saying for years that I'd love to go on a cruise. Never got a response before.

Anyway, I checked it out. It is on the Royal Caribbean lines on the Emperor of the Seas ship. I am kind of conflicted because it's going to cost me a boatload of cash. Essentially, I'm traveling alone and so the cost of my cabin is going to be more than theirs. They aren't sure yet what excursions they want to go on, so I don't know anything about what that's going to be yet. The only thing they know is that the 2 SIL's want to go deep sea fishing in St. Marteen. That's actually something that I might like to do too. I used to go fishing with my dad and always loved it. We never did deep sea, but that looks like fun.

Then there is the flight to Florida. My DD in CA are going on Friday before so they can go to Disneyworld on Saturday. My DD that lives here is also going on Friday, but they are planning to just hang around on the beach on Saturday until it's time to board on Sunday. I was thinking I'd just fly on Sunday and then the ship will send a shuttle to pick me up to go to the ship. But I also have a cousin who lives over there, so I was thinking that I could go early and visit with her on Saturday if they're going to be around since it is a holiday weekend. They also just bought a condo on the beach so would probably be there. But then there would be the issue of getting to the ship from her place and I'm not sure how far that is.

I'm kind of excited about the whole trip but also wondering if I want to spend that much $$$ on the trip except I don't really know if I'd ever go again. It will be a nice time to have us all together.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 05:47 AM   #4663
Quacker Stamper

Talked to my GF when I got home last night. I was so tired I didn't want to go out last night, so we're planning on dinner and a movie tonight. Not sure yet what we're going to see or where to eat. Have to give that some thought. Went to bed early since I only got about 4-5 hours sleep each night this week since I was working on my Easter projects. My ladies all loved them.

I was thinking of working outside a bit today getting my flower beds cleaned out. I think I'll get my lawn guy to get me 2 new trees for the back yard and I'm thinking that I'll put in some berry bushes instead of a vegetable garden this year. Maybe I'll get a tomato plant or two and put them in buckets.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #4664
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
wow, wow, wow!!!! I hope it all works out for you! sounds so much fun!!!! wish you could share your cabin tho....

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #4665
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie....I'm so excited for you....a cruise sounds like so much fun! I've never done anything like that before.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #4666
Stazon Splitcoast

Go Maggie! You deserve it. You'll have soo much fun. I had hoped to go on a cruise with my in-laws this summer but decided against it because I have Adrian and I wouldn't want to go with Bob's family without him. One of us has to stay with the animals and he won't fly... which means we'd have to allow time to drive to FL first.

I've always wanted to go on a cruise and who knows when I'll get to go.... go for both of us! ::: sorry... cant chip in on the room though :
Old 03-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #4667
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm thinking I'll wait for a writer's cruise or one with the Texas area musicians I know. Then I won't feel so bad about leaving Bob home with the animals.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #4668
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh my. What a mess. I can't believe that you've got such a problem in that kid. I hope that you guys can get some work out of him.

Photography Site

Old 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #4669
Total Quack

Quote:
I hope you're feeling better today for the weekend Shell.

Thanks. I'm kind of dragging today. There's a lot going on. That doesn't help much. We'll go to the show again tonight. That will help cheer me up a little, I think ...

Photography Site

Old 03-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #4670
Total Quack

Quote:
I did go out to lunch yesterday with a girl that I used to be really good friends with. We used to eat lunch together all the time and went out to eat together quite a bit. Then about 4 years ago, she kind of tossed our friendship aside. I may have talked about her before because we did have some issues. The whole thing started while I was on vacation in CA one year over Christmas holiday. When I got back, some of the girls (including her) had started playing Mexican Dominoes at lunchtime. She invited me to join them, but there were already a bunch of them playing and I wasn't interested in playing the game. So that was basically the start of the end of our relationship. Then something else happened that killed the friendship and we didn't talk to each other for a long time. Found out that one of the other girls told her that I said something about her that was not true. I don't talk about any of the girls at work unless I'm willing to say it to their face because I don't talk behind their backs. If I say something then it's something that I don't care if the other person knows or not. Anyway, we found out after about a year what really happened and started talking to each other again, but she was still hanging with the other group of ladies. Also, she had not asked me to go out to lunch with her since we quit having lunch together.

Recently though she has discovered the true colors of the other girls that she thought were her friends and have turned out not to be so friendly after all. One day last week she e-mailed me to see if I could go to lunch with her. I was surprised, but said yes although i couldn't go that day and we were finally able to go yesterday.

We went to Luby's and had a nice lunch together. She wanted to tell me the whole story of what has been going on and she has finally wised up to the attitudes of those ladies. I could have told her that a long time ago, but she wouldn't have listened to me, but had to find out on her own. Reasons that I've never really hung around with them.

I'm so glad you've been able to reconnect with your friend!

Photography Site

Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #4671
Total Quack

Quote:
My DD's have booked a Caribbean cruise setting sail on July 4. The only thing is that they didn't all book it together. This was my DD in CA's idea to start with. First they are planning a big 12-day Mediterranean cruise next year with my oldest DGD graduates from high school. She wanted everyone to go on that one, but I don't think that I can do that one. Then they decided to do this other one this year and were trying to get friends and family to go along. They actually booked their part of the cruise some time ago. My other DD had said they weren't going to go because they had never cruised before and weren't sure how the kids were going to do and if they'd like it which is why they went on the Cozumel trip over Spring Break which they loved. So after they got back, they decided to go ahead and also book on the July 4 cruise. It wasn't until my DD in CA was on their way out to their Spring Break trip, that she e-mailed me about the cruise and wondered if I would be interested. I've only been saying for years that I'd love to go on a cruise. Never got a response before.

Anyway, I checked it out. It is on the Royal Caribbean lines on the Emperor of the Seas ship. I am kind of conflicted because it's going to cost me a boatload of cash. Essentially, I'm traveling alone and so the cost of my cabin is going to be more than theirs. They aren't sure yet what excursions they want to go on, so I don't know anything about what that's going to be yet. The only thing they know is that the 2 SIL's want to go deep sea fishing in St. Marteen. That's actually something that I might like to do too. I used to go fishing with my dad and always loved it. We never did deep sea, but that looks like fun.

Then there is the flight to Florida. My DD in CA are going on Friday before so they can go to Disneyworld on Saturday. My DD that lives here is also going on Friday, but they are planning to just hang around on the beach on Saturday until it's time to board on Sunday. I was thinking I'd just fly on Sunday and then the ship will send a shuttle to pick me up to go to the ship. But I also have a cousin who lives over there, so I was thinking that I could go early and visit with her on Saturday if they're going to be around since it is a holiday weekend. They also just bought a condo on the beach so would probably be there. But then there would be the issue of getting to the ship from her place and I'm not sure how far that is.

I'm kind of excited about the whole trip but also wondering if I want to spend that much $$$ on the trip except I don't really know if I'd ever go again. It will be a nice time to have us all together.

My first thought is GO!!!!!!

My second thought is do NOT wait until the day of the cruise to fly down. Many times flights are late or the times are changed. That can make it very touchy when trying to get on the ship on time. Spend as much time on the ship as you can that day .... they will serve you food, so why pay for any while you're on land in port?

My third thought is that I hope you have the most wonderful time ever!!!!!

Photography Site

Old 03-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #4672
Total Quack

We're just hanging out today. I've not done much at all other than a couple loads of laundry.

Photography Site

Old 03-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #4673
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

hi there.....well, we've been working on taxes. Well, that's the royal "we". I've been collecting info for him.

We also discovered that the dishwasher didn't drain. So, Jack ran it again...thinking he changed the cycle on it. Well, it's not draining. We had to drain it ourselves...and now he thinks it's the timer on it. He has it all apart. We ate lunch out....but I was planning on cooking dinner. I'll be doing dishes by hand I guess.

We are going to call about a part on Monday at Sears. Otherwise it will be a week or so if we order it on line.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #4674
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I'm noticing that I'm not being notified when a there is a new posting on my email. I went and changed it to the instant....but, it still isn't happening. Don't understand that! Plus, I noticed that some of my pictures were gone off of my postings after the change over the other day. Has anyone else seen any of these issues?
Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #4675
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell has noticed some issues of postings not showing up over at the S2S thread. Mine are all showing up.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #4676
Kindred Quacker

Quote:
Oh my! That is a lot of printing. I remember when I had my Toshiba laptop it did not come with instruction book. It was online and you could print it out if you wanted, but I never did that.

I'm trying to put together an instruction book for Copics by printing out all the direction pages from the I Like Markers blog. I've got quite a few of them already and am working on organizing them into a binder.
I got to play with Copics today at our LSS. They had a little make and take set up.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #4677
Kindred Quacker

Quote:
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #4678
Total Quack

Quote:
I got to play with Copics today at our LSS. They had a little make and take set up.

Aren't they fun????

Photography Site

Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #4679
Total Quack

The show was amazing again. We loved it. Tomorrow is the last show. We won't be going to that.

Photography Site

Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #4680
Kindred Quacker

Quote:
Aren't they fun????
they were neat.