Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 AM   #1601
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

{{{{{{{{{{{sending up prayers}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{and big hugs for you, Elaine and her family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #1602
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Debi I am so sorry. I will pray for the kids, Elaine and her family. glad she knows the lord, doesn't make it easier for everyone else but its good for her. big hugs and prayers...
Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #1603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning girls... today is clean house and the kids are going to help... they had a little tussel this morning so they get to help now... whohoo for mom.... lol

Got a few things I have to take care of today for the truck, errands, karate and hopefully some stamping before the release party tonight. hope some of you can make it there!

Judy how are ya? Didn't you go back to school this week? How was your trip?

Billie sorry I couldn't talk long last night, I will try calling this tonight at karate.

Angel you start school on Monday.. Yippee Skippy!!!! Are you excited... nervous???? It will be fun and your going to be so much happier there!

Jules... HI... Debi HI... Deborah HI...

okay gotta get laundry started... bbl
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #1604

actually, i started TODAY!!!! it was TOUGH gettting up at 6am, but it was a very good day. very nice people. dh got dinner started by the time i got home. how nice! schoold doesn't officially start til the 24th, so it's pretty relaxed for me right now. i'm thinking i'll probably pass out early tonight! will definitely try to make the Flourish release party! I MUST HAVE THOSE GERBERA DAISIES!!!! omword!!! i only saw it on their blog, didn't even check the dt samples and i just love it already!!!!!!!!! come on paycheck!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #1605

glad it paid off to hang around the release party, stacy! i'm going to bed NOW!!!

g'nite!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #1606
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

evening.... I am so beat... Angel congrats on the GC! Whohoo... You going to get sweet peas now? bawhahahah... Sorry had to say it. hee hee

Went with sisters and mom to get wedding dress today, got our brides maids dresses ordered, they had her dress so that was nice. Sick of dresses already. blech.... I am so tired.

Need to find a C plate for my CB.... If anyone sees one BUY IT.... and I will pay you back.... Are you still on the look out for me? anyone? anyone?????

Gotta help DH get the lawn done, ugh... I just want to take a bath and go to bed. And its only 6 pm here. lol

Hope everyone had a great day. Hugs.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #1607

i have looked for a C plate here and there when i think of it. if i ever see one, i'll get it!

*love* the new avie, skinny minnie!!!

will be placing that order for the DAISIES tomorrow!!! g'night all!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #1608
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning... Angel thanks for looking for me. DH even tried to find one online for my bday and he didn't have any luck. ack... Thanks for keeping an eye out though.

Was washing dishes last night and found water at my feet odd... opened the cupboard under the sink and water is coming out, the darn fauct has to be replaced it has a leak. luckily it was leaking into a vase or two I have under the sink so it didn't ruin the cupboards, but the vase was full and all yucky. Explains why I was getting water behind the fuact as well. So that will be an expensive replacement at a time I don't need tohave one. Oh well... that is life I guess...

Got a few books from the store to read since I am out of books right now. I also got some bible studies that I want to do almost done with my other one. might as well get them now when I don't have to pay for them right... lol

off to get some coffee... Have a wonderful day Angel.... First day of school...
Old 08-18-2009, 03:45 AM   #1609

what a loooong day yesterday! ugh, and this morning my eyes are still burning from being so tired, even though i woke up an hour ago! off to finish getting ready! lovin' the job and everyone is so nice! spent over 2 hours yesterday evening finishing up getting "professional" looking clothes for work! don't know if i ever had a job (except AF) where i had to dress "professional"! except professional MOM!!! ha!
have a good one!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #1610
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sounds like you got some new clothes Angel... whohoo... I bet you look great. its always nice to get new schtuff.... Hope today was better for you and your not so tired.

My eyes burn but its from this crap in the air, I am taking some over the counter stuff to help but blech... Stores main computer shut down yesterday, EEK... had to have DH leave work to replace the power supply and hard drive. ugh.... that was NOT FUN when you have 20 people in line with stacks of crap. oh well... in 2 weeks this will be all done and gone.

Deborah sorry I missed your call, I knew you were at dinner so I didn't call back. Enjoy the time with DH before he leaves... Thinking about you... Big hugs...

Billie HI.... So good talking to you yesterday, I needed that.

Judy... what's up girlie... Ignoring my IM's.... Kidding... Hope school is going well and you are resting.

Hi Debi and Jules.... Hope you are good.

Off to bed girls... GN
Old 08-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #1611
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hot hot hot today.... ugh.. Boys might get to test for their Orange belts.. yea.... We find out for sure next Monday. I really hope they get to test.

Watched my SIL silly dog today. Now I know why I don't want a dog. They don't listen very well. LOL Sorry I know some of you are dog lovers... Not me.. I prefer cats. lol

Goign to figure out dinner while the dog is busy with the kids. They aren't too thrilled having to entertain a puppy. Maybe becuase its a mutt more than a dog. I don't know.... Just whining here... lol bbl
Old 08-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #1612

holy cow, busy, busy, busy! work is going well, but lots of after school running around to do all week. last night was waiting 2 hrs for ods's shots, plus meet the teacher night at the other ones' school (where i work). then finished school supply shopping right after work, mds and dh are at baseball practice and i have to take ods to his meet the teacher night w/ yds in tow. i get a bit of a break tomorrow because i have to go somewhere for training at 8:30, so will go to that first thing, then to work after it's done. and wait, it's not over....... mds has a baseball tourney this weekend about an hour away... i'm NOT kidding... fortunately, it's 2 late games, but we'll have to see how the Sunday games will work.
anywho, things are well, kids are anxious for school to start, they like their teachers (my 1st and 4th graders, that is), have new haircuts, etc. i can't remember the last time i touched a stamp. *sniff* and might not get to this weekend!
ok, off to finish labeling ods' stuff! see y'all!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #1613
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So Billie it looks like ole Favre is taking on the horns.... LOL I asked DH is he was going to be a Vikings fan now he said yes... I think he is just a Favre fan. bahwhahah... 2 year contract and he is starting... wow.... We will see what this year brings out....

Angel sounds like you are even busier now. hee hee but that is good and I am glad the new job is keeping you busy and happy. Good luck with the tourney this weekend.

going to Costco today, already got Walmart done. Hope to stamp. we will see. Have a great day.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #1614
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey Billie... I saw someone today who had a Minnesota License plate and the back window was full of crap. So either they were moving... or they were vacationing. I thought of you...
Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #1615
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

yea... I found a C plate... I found one... Its online... I ordered and it will be here next week... WHOHOOO... Thank goodness... It has sucked not having a working one. I have rigged up something but it aint great... whooo...

got our half of beef today.. I love a freezer full of meat. Got the bees all taken care of on the house and the poles, tomorrow we have to mow the lawn. I think I will stay inside when DH does that. My allergies or whatever they are seem to be acting up a lot lately. ugh...

Stamped a little tonight after I chatted with you Judy. Not the invitations but stamping none the less. Don't tell my sister though. Off to bed now... Just found the plate and had to share after I ordered it. hee hee GN
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #1616

hi all!!! how was everyone's weekend???

had 2 ball games yesterday, and 2 more today. mds's team came in 2nd place. they all start school tomorrow, so i THINK they're all ready! spent the whole evening labeling things, dividing this and that and covering textbooks. need to get to bed asap, but thought i'd say hello!!
have a wonderful week!!! sure hope we do!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #1617
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everybody. Sorry, it has been a rough couple of weeks. My friend passed away and I have had her grandkids (my godson and his sister) off and on. Going crazy juggling all of the football and cheer practices. Both oldest dd and middle ds had double session practices this weekend. We still have two weeks before school starts but I need to start getting everyone on a schedule, and it is not going to be easy. Oldest ds is home from his summer job, finally but has to be back at school by Saturday.
BLOG
Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 AM   #1618
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Thinking of you, Debi!! I don't get to chat as much now that school has started! Sending hugs and prayers!

Hi everyone!

Stacy, there are lots of places that sell the C plate online. Here is one:
http://www.ucutathome.com/store/inde...ail=y&pid=2828

Here is the cheapest I have found:
http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/CUTT.../pc37-1260.htm

Our HL only carries A and B plates.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #1619
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Oh DUH! I just now saw that part where you got one. Oh well!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #1620
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Debi ... I am sorry that you are a little overwhelmed but you are doing a good thing by helping with the kids. Hugs.... Hope you get into a routine and soon.

Judy I had tried a few places online before but everyone was out of stock. I finally found a place that had them in stock. So I am happy now.

This is the last week the store is open. Very sad.... Lots of people coming in that is a good thing. Very emotional... but as I said God has a plan. I am relieved to be home. I have so many things that I want to get doing again beside house work. I need to work on sending more cards out to people who need a lift. I have mostly been sending cards to the troops unless something really grabs me. I haven't had the time to really look on the NAL thread much. I am going to get back into that. Yesterday at church really spurred me into doing that again, it was a great message and well needed right now. ANyways.... off to the store to help out. this week will be a lot of that for both me and DH.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #1621

{{{hugs}}} debi!!!

{{{hugs}}} stacy!!!

{{{hugs}}} judy!!!

{{{hugs}}} billie!!!

{{{hugs}}} deb!!!

{{{hugs}}} jules!!!

1st day went well for everyone! a little crazy busy for me at the front desk. hate the feeling of not knowing everything and having to ask how to do this or that. i know, i'll get it soon. it's just after 9pm and everyone's in bed and i'm heading there now myself. hope the store closes on a high note, stacy.
i'd love some energy to stamp a card! guess it would help if i got to bed earlier!

that said... g'nite!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #1622

everyone's busy, busy, huh? me, too. and T-I-R-E-D. i probably sound like a wuss, but i am just so stinkin' tired! 2nd day of school went well for the boys. braden says he's going to ask a girl if she wants to be "boyfriend and girlfriend". he says it'll be his 2nd girlfriend and if she says no, then they'll just be friends. he said that she put her hand on his neck for "2 seconds in the library" and then the idea "popped in his brain". ods is now playing junior high football, in addition to his fall baseball. we kept asking if he really wanted to. at least football is only for a couple of months.
ok, hoping i get the energy and motivation to stamp soon. having withdrawals, but at the same time scared cuz i haven't done it in weeks!
have a great evening!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:34 AM   #1623
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Howdy! Angel I am glad things are going well for you. You won't be so tired after another week or so and you get used to things. You will just have to manage your time for the stamping. That is one thing that sucked when i had to work at the store. Well heck this week even I am at the store and having issues. lol

Oh the store.... ugh... I am so tired. we have been there everyday tearing down displays while mom is helping people. I do have to say that God is good. he is sending people into the store to buy stuff. we have very little left, so I am very thankful. Emotional day yesterday, I cried a lot when people came in. A lot of our regulars just coming in to see how we were doing and praying iwth us. My eyes hurt today.

But I am staying home today, or so that is the plan. My feet hurt and the boys are sick of being down there. So I might get to stamp if I don't sit on my butt all day and rest. lol Boys start school Monday, have to stil get new shoes for them. Then on Monday FIL retirement party is at 1 pm. So have that as well.

How goes it for everyone else?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #1624
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

well orientation went well this morning. Ofcourse since they know the store is closing so ofcourse they want to know if I can help out more.... haha Which is a good thing.... But I do have things I want to do....

Laundry today and some stamping if I can. I got my sneak peeks of CDS Sept stuff up just by pure chance... the kids won't leave eachother alone today. ugh... I am ready for them to be around friends everyday again. lol

Hope to see someone this weekend on here....
Old 08-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #1625

I am so sorry, Stacy. I have been so out of it--I didn't realize that the store was closing.
BIG HUGS to you and MIL.

I think my dd's are ready to start school both are QUITE squirrelly. DS is visiting my mom right now. It SHOULD be quieter around here--but it isn't.

The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day. *sigh*

my blog
Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #1626
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Evening... as I drag myself to the computer.... well today was LONG.... we have the whole store almost completely empty. Very little has to be taken to goodwill for donation. She was very blessed at selling just about everything. A few people are coming tomorrow to get the shelving things we broke down this evening. Ahh.... I am beat....

Thanks Jules... prayers are always welcome. I think my MIL was about to lose it when we left. To think all the work we have put into this... anyways... off the soap box.

Your kids start after Labor day... EEK.... I bet they are ready for school too. I know the boys are and I think they are going to love it this year. They ahve a fun teacher, so I am excited too.

okay off to bed after I check emails. Hugs...
Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #1627

hi all! wish i could be there to help, stacy! i'll send prayers up, instead, ok? i can't imagine how emotional that must be.

played poker w/ our group last night. didn't do well, but can't win every time, i guess? didn't catch up on sleep since i went to bed late and yds got me up just after 8am this morning. oh well. at least i'll have the option of taking a nap later! of course, have to catch up on laundry, etc.
first week of school done and they still love it. it's cool being able to see them, even for a few seconds, throughout the day and getting updates from their teachers.
our 15th anniv. is 2 Sep. isn't that your anniv. too, billie? we plan to go to lake charles, la. next sat. thru sun. and hit some casinos. the boys will stay w/ mom. should be fun!
ok, stuff to do, as usual! hope y'all have a nice weekend!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #1628
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi! How is everyone doing? I am okay. Yesterdays retirement party was nice. First day today with the kids at school and me home. It was a productive day at the house. I got a lot done. So that was nice. Didn't even stamp and I feel good today. lol

I did get my posts up that well.... are.... late being posted. EEK... But its okay, have had a lot going on so this was the least of my worries.

anyways... just wanted to say hi out there in forum land. lol
Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #1629

hi all! busy is my new middle name. yesterday was our 15 yr anniversary. he had flowers delivered to my work, we went out to dinner, had a few drinks while mom watched the kids. this weekend we're going to lake charles, la. to hit the casinos!!!! we'll drive down sat., be back by sunday night. should be fun! will be more fun if we come home w/ more money than we left with!!!!! wish us luck! should be a nice getaway, but i'm nervous, of course, just being the worrier that i am.
i feel my mojo just completely slipping away and am getting scared to even step into my stamp room!!! EEK!!!!
other than that, everything is well. great talking to you stacy, sorry i dominated the conversation. ;} hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #1630
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Angel, I hope you have a wonderful time!!
Happy Belated Anniversary!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #1631

g'morning, all! happy labor day! hope no one must do any labor today! we had fun on our little trip. hoping to get something crafty done today! did some cleaning yesterday. ods seems to have made a new friend. very nice boy, parents seem nice, also.
enjoy your day!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #1632
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi all. Angel glad you had a nice time. Happy late anniversary. Did the boys have fun at your mom's?

Not feeling to well today, think its the fact that I fell flat on my back off a soccer ball yesterday. OUCH doesnt' even begin to cover the pain that caused. Spent the weekend relaxing other than the soccer ball incident. lol Glad tomorrow is school, I can get some cleaning done after I am done in the classroom. Work out the menu for this week and such. Did stamp a house mouse card today. I just love those little guys. the HM challenge this week was super fun.

Have to find me a new Demo, mine is going to have to retire with all the business going on and such. I had to stop reading all of it on the forums. Just silly if you ask me. I think they made a poor choice, but I am just a little ole stamper over here. haha So if you know of any demo let me know.

Big hugs to you all... especially Judy... I miss you...
Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #1633
Gallery Gazer

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice Labor Day! Happy Belated Anniversary Angel!

I am almost done with our challenge!! LOL! Better late than never! I have nothing really new to share (how boring!) except we enjoyed our last long weekend as a family. We are into the countdown of when dh leaves... T-minus 7 weeks. Stacy-got your message the other day. I was at soccer practice. Judy and Angel, how are you?

I have got to get my other design done for Amate so I am off to figure out this months theme. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #1634
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey hey Deb... Glad to see you.... I haven't even started on mine so no worries. Time got away from me. lol

Cleaned like a mad woman again today. The laundry room SPARKLES... WHOHOO... I was so thrilled with how clean it is. man I wanted to really clean like that for over a year. Awww... feels good.

Tomorrow I am doing the carpets. By the end of next week every room in this house is going to sparkle...

Off to watch a show with the boys before they have to head to bed. GN
Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #1635
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Howdy! Our bedroom and bathroom sparkle today. Imagine if you will how many dust bunnies were under our dressers and bed.. EEK... Now imagine me cleaning them and sneezing the whole time, but knowing that it sparkles under there also. Aaaahhhhh....

I snuggled on the couch with my bible and bible study this morning, had some tea because my throat is bothering me. Then I made a baking sheet full of twice baked potatoes loaded... and those will go into the freezer for lunches. Aaaahhhh... I am going to try and get some stamping in now that I am all done with my daily work. lol

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! HUGS....
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 AM   #1636

wow, stacy, feel free to come make my house sparkle! ;} we'll all get up early tomorrow and clean ~ it's become a sat. thing for us since i'm working.
hiya deb, nice to see you!
hope your headache goes away, debi!!!!!
hi jules!!! liking Sorority Life? hehe!
hi judy!!! {hugs}
off to make lunches and finish getting ready. will be going to a home and lawn show tomorrow w/ mom, then maybe a craft show. mds has 2 games on sunday. ods has his 1st football game on monday. ya know how it goes!
hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #1637
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Angel I would love to come to your house and clean.. becuase that would mean we could MET... lol Got a nasty head cold... actually I think its this crap in the air. I am all congested, but DH got me some good stuff from the pharmacy guy .Advil something or other. It works pretty good, atleast I only sound like Darth Vader half the time. You should be here when I eat. bawhahhaha..

Dinner plans at a friends tonight, other than that I am resting today. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #1638
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=60960

Old 09-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #1639
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Well, we all should be happy, but Stac, that score is too close!!

Old 09-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #1640
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

And btw, the cards are ADORABLE!!
And I got your card in the mail yesterday -- not smashed, torn, ripped, or otherwise messed up - perfect condition! THANK YOU!