Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Please vote for your 3 favorite sets!
Anna741 82 27.24%
arinstamps 41 13.62%
atomicbutterfly 81 26.91%
BethanyPaull 41 13.62%
cwilliams 43 14.29%
genie1314 168 55.81%
jul80566 41 13.62%
LodiChick 72 23.92%
notimetostamp 136 45.18%
xeyedlyza 41 13.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2006, 06:24 AM   #41
Matboard Maniac

What talented ladies! It was hard, but I've voted for my top three.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:32 AM   #42
Die Cut Diva

I am VERY disappointed that BadSherry's collection did not make it into the top 10. I thought her ensemble was FABULOUS!

That said, everyone did a wonderful job and it was difficult to choose my top 3. Good luck to the lucky finalists.

Edited to add: I received a PM from someone stating their disappointment about my "negative comment regarding this challenge." My comment was not meant to be negative towards any one individual, and I'm sorry if it was deemed offensive. I happened to really like BadSherry's work and thought for sure it would be in the running for a prize. However, apparently BadSherry did not "follow the rules" and was therefore not chosen as a finalist. I guess I should have read the rules more carefully myself.

We all sometimes choose our words incorrectly, and, admittedly, this was one of those times for me. Again, please accept my apologies. Everyone did a wonderful job with their creations, and everyone deserves to be a winner. Thank you.

Last edited by StampinHappyInCT; 09-05-2006 at 05:38 PM..
Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 AM   #43
Village Stamper

This was the coolest challenge - more fun than VSN. I don't know how you and Jami chose the 10 - all the sets were fantastic and I've learned so much from this challenge. Thanks to both of you for all the effort you put forth. Wow is all I can say - I think I have to bookmark this challenge to refer back to again and again!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #44
Insane Embellisher

Wow now I don't want to go to work today but stay home and play with my stamps....

Go as far as you can see, and when you get there, you will see farther.
ScrappinGallery
Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #45
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Boy, was it hard to select just three! I just wanted to congratulate all the finalists on their beautiful creations, but also everyone else who had the creativity and stamina (unlike me---ha! ha!) to participate in the challenge. Thanks for all the inspiration.
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #46
Glitter Guru

What a great challenge! We had too many activities this week end - I am just now getting around to looking at the examples. And my apologies... I started out to comment but had some kind of a problem ... the end result is that I had to give up. So here is my overall WELL DONE everyone! I am going to be trying a lot of these.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 09-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #47
Stampin' Fool

It was unbelievably hard to vote! There are so many fabulous creations submitted for this challenge! Well done to everyone!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #48
Matboard Maniac

WOW!!! Everyone is amazing! Can't wait to see the results!

My SU! Site
My Etsy Site
Old 09-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

They are all so beautiful!! It sure was hard to choose!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #50
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! Every one came up with such great ideas to stretch that piece of paper. I love them all. I did pick my favorite 3, but it was hard. Great job everyone.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:56 PM   #51
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I voted...did you?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #52
Glitter Guru

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

Funny, BadSherry's seem to have made a lot of people's "best 10" list, I know I was also disappointed, but that is just how it goes. Perhaps in the future the contestants can vote for the top ten, and then the judges can narrow that. who knows.

BEAUTY is in the eye of THE BEHOLDER. and we all have different tastes and perspectives.

so that is that. I do not feel your comment is negative, you are sharing your opinion, and I am sure it made Sherry's day to hear it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCT
I am VERY disappointed that BadSherry's collection did not make it into the top 10. I thought her ensemble was FABULOUS!

That said, everyone did a wonderful job and it was difficult to choose my top 3. Good luck to the lucky finalists.

Edited to add: I received a PM from someone stating their disappointment about my "negative comment regarding this challenge." My comment was not meant to be negative towards any one individual, and I'm sorry if it was deemed offensive. I happened to really like BadSherry's work and thought for sure it would be in the running for a prize. However, apparently BadSherry did not "follow the rules" and was therefore not chosen as a finalist. I guess I should have read the rules more carefully myself.

We all sometimes choose our words incorrectly, and, admittedly, this was one of those times for me. Again, please accept my apologies. Everyone did a wonderful job with their creations, and everyone deserves to be a winner. Thank you.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #53
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Wow Sue - thanks so much for apologizing! No worries.

I know it was agonizing for Jen to narrow it down to 10 from the 79 she had at the cut-off time. I only jumped in at the very end to help get down from 15 to 10 when she was at the end of her rope! LOL! As a former challenge hostess I really really appreciate all the gals that host each week (it can get a little stressful at times) and especially someone like Jen willing to take on the extra work of a contest!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #54
Queen Shouldareadahead

Location: back in a gated community...the twins are mobile!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAXYO
I voted...did you?
Yes! That was hard!!! I just wish we'd have as many awesome choices in the '08 Presidential election!! Alas, if wishes were horses........
Old 09-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #55
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusgottastamp
Yes! That was hard!!! I just wish we'd have as many awesome choices in the '08 Presidential election!! Alas, if wishes were horses........
And we could vote for 3????

Old 09-06-2006, 06:23 AM   #56
Queen Shouldareadahead

Location: back in a gated community...the twins are mobile!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
And we could vote for 3????
Hey, it may be more "balanced" that way!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #57
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Just bumping this up so more people can vote! C'mon everybody - you can vote even if you didn't play!!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

After the PMs that I have received, I feel I need to explain some of how I narrowed the entries. First, if any individual items used too many stamp sets, they were disqualified. Second, my idea of the challenge was to let the patterned paper be the OSW. So, although it wasn't technically wrong to stamp on the patterned paper, many looked like a traditional OSW... not what I was looking for... therefore, eliminated from the list. Some of those were beautiful... but not what I was looking for. I had to start narrowing the entries before I could select my faves... which were still too many! Anyway, I hope people understand and there aren't any hard feelings.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #59
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrikitty
Funny, BadSherry's seem to have made a lot of people's "best 10" list, I know I was also disappointed, but that is just how it goes. Perhaps in the future the contestants can vote for the top ten, and then the judges can narrow that. who knows.

BEAUTY is in the eye of THE BEHOLDER. and we all have different tastes and perspectives.

First, I have to say thank you to all of you who have sent me PM's, emails, etc., and sung your praises of my work, how disappointed you are, etc. You don't know how flattered I am!! At a time when I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with just life in general, and feeling rather low and blue, you have given me alot of smiles today!

I first saw this post early this morning and wondered what the heck was going on -- after a little investigative work, I realized that I *didn't follow the rules* -- that I stamped on patterned paper. Oh well, no where did I see that one could not stamp on the patterned paper!! Must have overlooked that one!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
After the PMs that I have received, I feel I need to explain some of how I narrowed the entries. First, if any individual items used too many stamp sets, they were disqualified. Second, my idea of the challenge was to let the patterned paper be the OSW. So, although it wasn't technically wrong to stamp on the patterned paper, many looked like a traditional OSW... not what I was looking for... therefore, eliminated from the list. Some of those were beautiful... but not what I was looking for. I had to start narrowing the entries before I could select my faves... which were still too many! Anyway, I hope people understand and there aren't any hard feelings.
No hard feelings here. I actually stamped this project for *me*, in my colors and with my favorite stamps, the challenge just gave me good incentive to do so. I used an old $ journal that I had been meaning to do something with and an old votive cup that I salvaged from the 100's that I have. No big deal, I never expect my work to be considered the quality that is required to win any competition in the challenges, thus, I am never disappointed!

So, I guess BadSherry broke the rules, I wouldn't be BadSherry if I didn't!!!!

Oh and one more thing, I only got to cast 1 vote, I didn't realize that we were to vote for three and now that I have voted, I can't go back. Everyone did a fantastic job and I have enjoyed looking at and commenting on everyone's work -- Well Done Girls!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #60
Glitter Guru

Evening bump for voting!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

As stated in the original directions for the challenge:

We will be doing a One Sheet Wonder (OSW) using a 12x12 sheet of patterned paper. (This challenge is for designer/patterned paper. ALthough creating your own OSW with stamps is fun, that's not the purpose of this challenge.)
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #62
Polyshrink Goddess

No, hard feelings here Jen! I'm not that disappointed that I didn't make it as a finalist. I had fun and that's why I do the challenges anyway. Besides, I showed my demo my stuff, and she wants to use a couple of the ideas for a stamp camp! Made me feel pretty good!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #63
Rubber Obsessor

This is hard - they are all just GORGEOUS...!!! Awesome ideas..
Old 09-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #64
Insane Embellisher

Oh wow! I am sorry I missed this challenge, what a great way to stretch your creativity, an AWESOME challenge taken on by some AWESOME artists! I will definately have to try this on my own sometime later Off to vote now, thank goodness it's 3 we get to pick Thanks for organizing this girls!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #65
Glitter Guru

Afternoon BUMP for voting!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #66
Glitter Guru

bump
Old 09-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations Jen!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #68
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations, Jen (genie1314), on winning this challenge. Congratulations to everyone who partook. Congratulations to Jen (jen70) for your perseverance through the early negativity. We were all winners, every one of us. We pushed ourselves to the nth degree of creativity. Hope we have another holiday challenge like this again. It was lots of fun!

Old 09-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #69
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations Jen!!! And thanks again Jen for the awesome challenge!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #70
Die Cut Diva

Jen-
Thank you so much for your willingness to provide such a fun opportunity for us. You are wonderful!!

and Jen(genie)-
Congratulations! Awesome job
Old 09-08-2006, 04:15 AM   #71
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Congrats Jen!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:21 AM   #72
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yes, Jen (genie1314), CONGRATS! on an AWESOME entry!!! Well deserved!!!

And, once again, thanks so much to Jen70 and Jami for hosting this challenge and putting up with all of our endless questions!!! Much fun was had and your time and effort is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU!!!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #73
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by notimetostamp
Yes, Jen (genie1314), CONGRATS! on an AWESOME entry!!! Well deserved!!!

And, once again, thanks so much to Jen70 and Jami for hosting this challenge and putting up with all of our endless questions!!! Much fun was had and your time and effort is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Thanks, Jen70 and congratulations to all who participated. There is enough inspiration there for months of stamping!

Jen70 - I certainly hope you are up to continuing these challenges -you and all the challenge hostesses deserve a great big hug and pat on the back from all of us!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #74
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Congrats to Jen (genie1314) on an awesome winning entry!!

And also congrats to Sharon (notimetostamp) on a fabulous 2nd place entry. Sharon please PM me your full name and address so I can get a little prize in the mail to you as promised!

Jen70 - you are the hostess with the mostess! YOU ROCK!

Old 09-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #75
Insane Embellisher

These are all great entries! Congratulations to Jen on her win and to the others who were in the top 10!! And to BadSherry, I am glad you had a boo boo since it gave me an idea to stamp on the patterned paper!
Kathy
Old 09-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #76
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up What a Great Job!

I was just sitting here and looking at all the beautiful Artwork everybody did. Wow!!!!! That is all I have to say. I wish I could do such a great job. Makes me feel like a beginner. I just love it!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #77
Rubber Obsessor

whoa! this contest is so amazing and all the work the artists dis is SO awesome!! (i'm awestruck!) every time i surf through the work on SCS i'm so impressed and amazed. what an amazingly creative community. everyone should be so proud!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #78
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Smile THANK YOU, JAMI!!!

I just wanted to report back to this thread to let everyone know about the gorgeous gift package I received in the mail from Jami for my 2nd place entry.

I could have just cried when I got it, it was so beautiful. She sent me a purse calendar she made herself -- it is just GORGEOUS!!! If anyone wants to take a look at it, check out her DD Gallery for last month (August) and you'll find it. And if you aren't a Fan Club Member and can't get into the DD Gallery, I urge you to go to the Home Page and sign up ASAP. It is soooooo well worth it -- what amazing things you will see!!!

Along with the calendar she made up a yummy gift package of ribbons -- soooo beautiful -- and I LOVE ribbons -- who doesn't. And she also made an adorable little gift card to match with her handwritten message inside.

I am just beside myself with glee -- I can't believe I received this wonderful gift!!!

Thank you, thank you, Jam!!!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Old 09-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by notimetostamp
I just wanted to report back to this thread to let everyone know about the gorgeous gift package I received in the mail from Jami for my 2nd place entry.

I could have just cried when I got it, it was so beautiful. She sent me a purse calendar she made herself -- it is just GORGEOUS!!! If anyone wants to take a look at it, check out her DD Gallery for last month (August) and you'll find it. And if you aren't a Fan Club Member and can't get into the DD Gallery, I urge you to go to the Home Page and sign up ASAP. It is soooooo well worth it -- what amazing things you will see!!!

Along with the calendar she made up a yummy gift package of ribbons -- soooo beautiful -- and I LOVE ribbons -- who doesn't. And she also made an adorable little gift card to match with her handwritten message inside.

I am just beside myself with glee -- I can't believe I received this wonderful gift!!!

Thank you, thank you, Jam!!!
That is so awesome! Yeah for you!