Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Recipes - Peanut Butter Pie and Cranberry Bread

I thought I'd share some yummy recipes that are our family favorites. My husband got the Peanut Butter Pie recipe from a restaurant he used to work at, and it became a traditional dessert for any family get-together.

Peanut Butter Pie (makes 1 pie)

2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar (white or brown)
1/3 cup corn starch
2 eggs, beaten
pinch of salt
1 tsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter

Bring milk to boiling point. Mix other ingredients together (except for peanut butter) and add hot milk to mixture. Heat on stove and bring to boil. This will get thick like pudding. Add peanut butter and cool. Put in baked regular pie crust. Refrigerate. Serve with chocolate syrup and/or whipped cream.

I make this Cranberry Nut Bread (right off the Ocean Spray cranberry bag!) every Thanksgiving and Christmas and give many loaves as gifts.

Cranberry Nut Bread (makes 2 regular loaves)

4 cups flour
2 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups orange juice
4 T. vegetable oil
2 T. grated orange peel (I use peel from 2 oranges)
2 eggs, well beaten
1 bag (12 oz.)Ocean Spray cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease 2 (9 X 5 in.) loaf pans. Mix together flour through baking soda in large mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice through eggs. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pans. Bake for 55 min. or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 min. Remove from pan; cool completely.

I'm off to make these recipes now for Thanksgiving. I hope you will give them a try!!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the recipes Renae.

I have made the cranberrry bread recipe many times so I can attest to how good it is.

I tried your peanutbutter pie recipe. I made a chocolate pastry dough crust to go with it. It was pretty good.

In case anyone else wants to try this recipe, just a couple of tips (based on years of baking experience).
  • Stir the milk mixture constantly with a whisk to prevent the milk from burning to the bottom of the pot.
  • Temper the eggs before adding them to the milk mixture so they won't turn into scrambled eggs when you add them to the pot . Do this by beating the eggs in bowl then adding a little of the hot milk into the eggs while whisking. Then the eggs can be safely added to the rest of the milk in the pot.
  • Maybe it was because I used all natural peanutbutter so it was much thicker than big name brands, but I found I had to get out the hand mixer to mix the pb into the milk mixture. This did make the mixture very smooth.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
Crimping Master

thanks for sharing the recipe.... my husband is a peanut butter pie snob - i am excited to try this one and see what he thinks - sounds yummy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!