Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Flashback Fridays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/)
-   -   SBVC87 ... Rock, Paper, Scissors ...7.29.09 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-f125/sbvc87-rock-paper-scissors-7-29-09-a-t450824.html)

AnniePanda 07-29-2009 02:18 AM

SBVC87 ... Rock, Paper, Scissors ...7.29.09
 
This week our favorite stamper/scrapper - Favorite Grandma/Peggy - has a break so she can go take lots more photographs to scrap!
I hope you will find some inspiration playing along with me.

Rock – Paper – Scissors
Remember playing this game? I have a twist for you. Use the elements of the game for creating variety for your scrapbook pages. Each element has a set of rules you must follow, and all 3 elements much appear on your page.
Rock – other than mere rocks, think diamonds! When you think of a diamond you think ‘bling’! Use something like rhinestones, or other jewel, or glitter, or pearl to embellish.
Paper – Yes, I know we use paper, but I want you to alter it for variety. Crinkle it, wad it, pleat it, distress it, do anything but don’t leave it smooth and even.
Scissors – This one is easy. Cut some paper/cs instead of using the handy-dandy paper slicer. Make the edges a bit uneven on purpose, cut out an image, cut up shapes, use your deco-edge scissors - do something different with scissors.
Have fun and create some interest with embellishments, mats, layers, etc. using all 3 elements from the game on your page.

Don't forget to leave some love for everyone's pages!
See all the pages for the SBVC87 challenge here.

Everything you need to know to participate in these challenges:
HERE

Here is the OPD – the one page that contains all the weekly challenges up to April 2009


Here is the thread with all of the Variety Challenges.

Okay, let's play!

eeddmm 07-29-2009 07:26 AM

This sounds fun...now the challenge would be for me to try to do this digitally. Makes me wonder if it could be done? The scissors part would be the sticking point I think! Easy in real life but I'm not sure how to do it digi...mmmm.....

Annie's Pantry 07-29-2009 07:30 AM

great challenge.... off to create!

AnniePanda 07-29-2009 09:19 AM

Since I don't understand digital scraping, Terry, I can't suggest specifics. What options do you have with edges on a layer of 'paper'? Using the idea to add bling - or whatever pic you add to a page that looks like bling to you- and look for different treatment of backgrounds and mats - that would be fine. Just make it fun and don't stress on the fine points, okay!

eeddmm 07-29-2009 10:31 AM

That's my problem. LOL! Don't know what options I've got. I'm sure it's in the program somewhere or in a file...just gotta look and see! It's like a treasure hunt!

mepylant 07-29-2009 12:34 PM

Ooooo sounds fun! Can't wait to play...maybe this evening!

AnniePanda 07-29-2009 01:37 PM

Annie and Melina - sure hope you ladies get to play, I look forward to your pages. Terry, what program would I look into if I wanted to take the digital scrap plunge? I have PS Elements but haven't tried 'layers' yet.

AnniePanda 07-29-2009 07:11 PM

Ok digital scrapers, I made a digital page. I felt really challenged by Terry to see what could be done. I've got this challenges requirements at least.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0278?&cat=7558

princessp1971 07-30-2009 06:09 AM

This sounds like fun! Thanks Joyce.

Favorite Grandma 07-30-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePanda (Post 14744283)
This week our favorite stamper/scrapper - Favorite Grandma/Peggy - has a break so she can go take lots more photographs to scrap!
I hope you will find some inspiration playing along with me.

Rock – Paper – Scissors
Remember playing this game? I have a twist for you. Use the elements of the game for creating variety for your scrapbook pages. Each element has a set of rules you must follow, and all 3 elements much appear on your page.
Rock – other than mere rocks, think diamonds! When you think of a diamond you think ‘bling’! Use something like rhinestones, or other jewel, or glitter, or pearl to embellish.
Paper – Yes, I know we use paper, but I want you to alter it for variety. Crinkle it, wad it, pleat it, distress it, do anything but don’t leave it smooth and even.
Scissors – This one is easy. Cut some paper/cs instead of using the handy-dandy paper slicer. Make the edges a bit uneven on purpose, cut out an image, cut up shapes, use your deco-edge scissors - do something different with scissors.
Have fun and create some interest with embellishments, mats, layers, etc. using all 3 elements from the game on your page.

Don't forget to leave some love for everyone's pages!
See all the pages for the SBVC87 challenge here.

Everything you need to know to participate in these challenges:
HERE

Here is the OPD – the one page that contains all the weekly challenges up to April 2009


Here is the thread with all of the Variety Challenges.

Okay, let's play!


thank you for guest hostessing, great challenge Joyce and wonderful pages!

eeddmm 07-31-2009 08:09 AM

Here is probably the last page I'll get in for July. After losing the first attempt, I actually lost the 2nd too but I had learned my lesson and I was "saving" as I was going along this time! Whew!!! I am really poking around in PSE7 and am finding tons of cool items and effects. I couldn't figure out how to create stones so I found a special effects brush and changed the color to that of the flower and when I clicked, it created a bunch of flowers at once...that's my bling since it's a boy page. I even figured out how to use the cookie cutter tool and was surprised to see all the shapes and things that could be "cut" out. Amazing! The background paper is "inked" on the edges if that counts for something other than plain....TFL!

Flower Child

AnniePanda 08-01-2009 08:09 AM

Oh my, Terry - way cool page! So happy you kept at it - it's wonderful!

ButterflyGirl000 08-01-2009 12:49 PM

Crazy for Circle Circus!
 
My first SBVC upload! They're definitely bright (and fun?). What do you think??

Bright Birthday Pages

AnniePanda 08-01-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterflyGirl000 (Post 14775519)
My first SBVC upload! They're definitely bright (and fun?). What do you think??

Bright Birthday Pages

Thanks for playing! Definitely fun colors and I love the neat layout!

taca410 08-04-2009 06:51 PM

Here's mine TFL
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=165144

AnniePanda 08-05-2009 06:08 AM

Way to go, Candy! I love it - visually impressive! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge. {{huggs}} to everyone who has played so far. I don't hope anyone who visits this challenge in the future will enjoy a go at it!

Favorite Grandma 08-05-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 14767423)
Here is probably the last page I'll get in for July. After losing the first attempt, I actually lost the 2nd too but I had learned my lesson and I was "saving" as I was going along this time! Whew!!! I am really poking around in PSE7 and am finding tons of cool items and effects. I couldn't figure out how to create stones so I found a special effects brush and changed the color to that of the flower and when I clicked, it created a bunch of flowers at once...that's my bling since it's a boy page. I even figured out how to use the cookie cutter tool and was surprised to see all the shapes and things that could be "cut" out. Amazing! The background paper is "inked" on the edges if that counts for something other than plain....TFL!

Flower Child


so cute Terry

Favorite Grandma 08-05-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterflyGirl000 (Post 14775519)
My first SBVC upload! They're definitely bright (and fun?). What do you think??

Bright Birthday Pages


wonderful job!

Favorite Grandma 08-05-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410 (Post 14801818)


great job on the challenge.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:59 AM.