Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Flashback Fridays (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-125/)
-   -   SBVC133 - Ribbon Rewind (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/flashback-fridays-125/sbvc133-ribbon-rewind-503832/)

princessdi69 08-25-2010 05:38 AM

SBVC133 - Ribbon Rewind

This week we are revisiting a previous challenge - Ribbon. Let's see the creative ways you can use ribbon on your page(s).

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC133 Gallery

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any member of the SBCT (ScrapBook Challenge Team) via pm or simply post in this thread.
-------------------------------------------
Weekly Challenge Line Up:
Monday - Inspiration
Tuesday - Digital
Wednesday - Variety
Thursday/Monthly - Goals
Friday - Sketch

princessp1971 08-25-2010 07:13 AM

I love ribbon! Thanks for the challenge!

princessp1971 08-25-2010 10:00 AM

Loved this challenge! I used 4 different ribbons on my page. Dark and light pink dotted, gingham and satin. My favorite is hard to see in the picture but it is the gingham ribbon holding her crown charm. TFL

DSC09180_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

wendella247 08-25-2010 04:12 PM

Last weekend I started going through my ribbon bins and reorganizing them, so this will fit in well with that focus this week--I have a ton of ribbon and often forget to use it or remember what I have. This will be a good challenge for me.

wendella247 08-25-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 17213947)
Loved this challenge! I used 4 different ribbons on my page. Dark and light pink dotted, gingham and satin. My favorite is hard to see in the picture but it is the gingham ribbon holding her crown charm. TFL

DSC09180_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Your page is wonderful, Patti. I love everything about it!

eeddmm 08-25-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 17215519)
Last weekend I started going through my ribbon bins and reorganizing them, so this will fit in well with that focus this week--I have a ton of ribbon and often forget to use it or remember what I have. This will be a good challenge for me.

I have this on my list of things to do as well for organization. Thought I would just cut up cardboard pcs and wrap the loose ribbon pieces around them in order to see what I've got and make sure they stay straight.

wendella247 08-25-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 17215556)
I have this on my list of things to do as well for organization. Thought I would just cut up cardboard pcs and wrap the loose ribbon pieces around them in order to see what I've got and make sure they stay straight.

That's pretty much what I've been doing. From somewhere I had a bunch of manila file cards about 5x7 that I made little 1/2" grooves in that I've been wrapping my ribbons on. It takes quite a bit of time and I have a LOT of ribbon. I do it while I'm watching TV. I've barely made a dent and I've already done about 10 cards with 6-8 rolls per card! Some of the ribbons on my rolls (like from the Target $1 bin --5 ribbons per roll) only have about a foot of ribbon on them. Wrapping them really does make it much easier to see what i have, though. It'll be worth it!

I've been pleasantly surprised rediscovering some of the ribbons I have!! Like I said, this challenge is perfect!

princessdi69 08-26-2010 01:28 AM

Patti great job on your page.

I guess we all are in the same boat. I just bought two cabinets for down here and starting to organize things. I can not believe the amount of stuff I have, ribbon being one of them. I use to have my ribbon wraped around wooden clothes pins but then I outgrew the Yankee Candle jars I have. Now they are squished into the jars and several rolls in my rolling rack.

princessp1971 08-26-2010 06:15 AM

Here's one more!

DSC09184_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

wendella247 08-26-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69 (Post 17216902)
Patti great job on your page.

I guess we all are in the same boat. I just bought two cabinets for down here and starting to organize things. I can not believe the amount of stuff I have, ribbon being one of them. I use to have my ribbon wraped around wooden clothes pins but then I outgrew the Yankee Candle jars I have. Now they are squished into the jars and several rolls in my rolling rack.

I just noticed for the first time how many posts you have, Diana- 43,382 -- wow, that's quite a number. Hope you don't have that many ribbon rolls to organize! ;)

princessdi69 08-26-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 17219307)
I just noticed for the first time how many posts you have, Diana- 43,382 -- wow, that's quite a number. Hope you don't have that many ribbons rolls to organize! ;)

Oh gosh no!!! I was part of a really chatty group in the scrapbooking section. I think we talked about everything under the sun..

stampingout 08-31-2010 08:46 PM

Here is my page! TFL!

sarah

cla616 09-09-2010 07:47 AM

Also posted in our goals thread since I drew the layout inspiration from our Thursday challenge today

Here's another :)

Track Rat in Training

This is for our Thursday challenge, based on
Stamping Outs Hello Kitties Card

Layout worked perfect to showcase Maci at the track too that day :)

Also used a bunch of "ribbons" and then "Stamped" the birdies on the black satin ribbon so works great for our Ribbon Rewind Scrap challenge as well

wendella247 09-10-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616 (Post 17284495)
Also posted in our goals thread since I drew the layout inspiration from our Thursday challenge today

Here's another :)

Track Rat in Training

This is for our Thursday challenge, based on
Stamping Outs Hello Kitties Card

Layout worked perfect to showcase Maci at the track too that day :)

Also used a bunch of "ribbons" and then "Stamped" the birdies on the black satin ribbon so works great for our Ribbon Rewind Scrap challenge as well

Neat page based on one of Emily's cards!

Mary_Pat419 09-12-2010 06:22 AM

Just making sure you all know that Lela (LMN) is doing a callout for VSBN Coordinators: Virtual Scrapbooking Night Forum - Scrapbook Meetup & Challenges

eeddmm 10-02-2010 06:58 PM

Here's my page...I don't often use ribbon but I used it as part of the sketch challenge this time and for another older SBVC challenge.

1988 Wedding

TFL!