Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Your Children's Names?

Hi! As you can see by my posts I am fairly new here, but I feel as if I've only made potty and sleep breaks since I've found you all! I've been combing the site, and just came from one of my many visits to the Gallery. I noticed a journal with the name of Teagan and another poster that made comment on the unusual name.
My DH and I are unique namers (if that makes sense). Anyhow, here's my story....
We have two daughters, the first TAEGAN was chosen from a name book. It is pronounced like the late former President. We chose to spell it that way as Tea looked like the drink and that was not how we wanted it to be said, tho people still say it that way.
Our second daughter, PALDIN is named for a little girl we met last summer when I was pg, Palden. Palden is supposed to be a Tibetian Goddess of Strength and Power, but again, we thought it was a unique name and it really stuck with me. When we found out that I was going to have an emergency c section at 29 wks, the same time we found out we were having a little girl, we had really not thought of too many names. But I must say what we had thought of, nothing struck me as much as Paldin. Knowing that our baby was going to be over 10 wks early and only 2 lbs, the meaning behind the name was to great to ignore and it seemed just perfect. As for why we spelled it PALDIN with an I instead of an E, it was DH's call, he filled out the birth certificate papers. So, how about you?

Does Stamping count as Excercise??
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/zbownas
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-10-2004, 11:51 PM   #2
Rubber Obsessor

Default Daughter's Name

As you can tell by my member name, my daughter's name is Kaylee. I have no significance behind why DH and I named her this, other than it is the only name we could both agree on. Thank goodness she was a girl, as we never were able to agree upon a boy's name.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Matboard Maniac

My daughter's name is Caleigh (pronounced Kaylee) We named her after our Scottish background but decided to go for an easier spelling (that isn't always the case tho!). We also have Christine, Kevin, Kyle and Emily.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
Matboard Maniac

Well, my daughter's name is Allison...which is not an unusual name...but I just wanted to say Aloha to you, Kristen! I see you live in Hawaii. I'm in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island...where is Kekaha? Welcome to Splitcoaststampers...I think you'll love it here! Everyone is great!

Happy Stamping!
Old 07-11-2004, 12:12 AM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

Our 16 year old son Brandon is named that because it means beacon. 8 year old Angel is Angelica Grace Mae after her great-grandmothers. 3 year old Arianna Rose is named after great grandfather Ari, great great aunt Anna & great grandma Rose. Our son also has his grandfather's first name as his middle name. We kind of kept it all in the family!
My name is Charisma. It means Gift of God in Greek. When my Mom was pregnant with me, one of her best friends died of breast cancer. She told my Mom that if she had ever had a daughter, she would have named her Charisma. Mom decided that if I was a girl, and the name fit, she would name me that. When I was 6 months old, she decided that Charisma did indeed fit, so she finally filled out the name on my birth certificate. She said that if Charisma hadn't fit, she would have named me PEACHES! I am so glad that Charisma fit!
On the other had, my father says that if I had been a boy he would have named me Cor, middle name Nonna because our last name was....
wait for it....
Cobb.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:58 AM   #6
Stampin' Fool

My 17 year old son is Brandon Scott. By marriage, I'm a Grandma at 37. My grand childrens names are, in order of age, Devianna - 6; Coraleee - 4; Christian - 2 and Molly - 1. ~Pam
Old 07-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac

Kristen, I don't have an unusual name for my daughter, but probably have an odd reason for giving her the name I did. I thought it woudl be a good thing to name our first child after a relative on each side of the family. Then, when she was born and I realized what names we had to work with (Golda, Irma, Martha, Mildred and Karen...it was in the 80's...the first four were not popular!), I knew I was in trouble. My husband said it wouldn't be fair to choose one side of the family and not the other, so I just didn't know what to do! Finally, I found out that Katherine and Karen are derivatives of the same name. Then, I chose Jeanette because one of Katherine's aunts was a Janine. Whew! All I knew was that I wanted her to have a name that sounded like a grown up! With a name like Tammy Sue, I had always dreamed of a long, elegant name! (My Grandma used to call me "Samantha Jane Arabella, but that is another story!).

Nice to meet you! Hello from the wild Midwest!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:18 AM   #8
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiistamper
Well, my daughter's name is Allison...which is not an unusual name...but I just wanted to say Aloha to you, Kristen! I see you live in Hawaii. I'm in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island...where is Kekaha? Welcome to Splitcoaststampers...I think you'll love it here! Everyone is great!

Happy Stamping!
Aloha! We live on the Island of Kauai, we have been here 2 1/2 years with the Navy and have 6 months left. I doubt we'll make it to all the islands in our remaining time. I've only been to Maui and Oahu. What brought you to the islands?
Thanks for the Welcome, I am LOVING it here!

Old 07-11-2004, 01:21 AM   #9
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by karixma
On the other had, my father says that if I had been a boy he would have named me Cor, middle name Nonna because our last name was....
wait for it....
Cobb.
How funny! I was born on Pearl Harbor Day, and my Dad always teased me that they wanted to name me Pearl. I love hearing everyone's name stories!

Old 07-11-2004, 01:27 AM   #10
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffenstamper
Then, when she was born and I realized what names we had to work with (Golda, Irma, Martha, Mildred and Karen...it was in the 80's...the first four were not popular!), I knew I was in trouble. ...
I think you were wise in finding the loopholes that you did! So do you have one daughter named, Katherine Jeanette, or are there two girls? In choosing Taegan's name, we ALMOST named her Delaney Catherine, my DH's aunt is a Catherine with a C.
BTW, nice to meet you as well!

Old 07-11-2004, 03:34 AM   #11
Mad Swapper

Default boy's names

When I got pregnant, I wanted a girl so badly I could TASTE it!!!! We didn't want to find out the sex, but have it a surprise at the time of delivery. Well, wouldn't you know, 4 weeks before baby is due I have another ultrasound and just couldn't wait another second. I had to know what the baby was. "It's a Boy" the technician says. So we had to put our "girls" name away for now and use the name we had put aside for a boy. A month later we named our son Mason Dean. We both agreed that we didn't want anything too common for names so we both liked the name Mason and for his middle name, I wanted to incorporate my parents names somehow (there names are Dan and Jean) Hence, Dean. Fast foward 10 months, and we find out we're preggo again. This time's a girl FOR SURE!!!! And I told my husband that I want to find out what the sex was this time. At the time I really liked the name Alexandria Shawne for my girl. I thought I would name her Alex for short. We went over boys names over and over again and couldn't find one we agreed on, so we thought that was a DEFINATE sign that we were having a girl And I'm not sure if anyone else did this while they were pregnant with baby #2, but I use to yell both their names together as if I were calling them in from outside, or just yelling at them...period. And Mason & Alex sounded pretty good to me. So anyhow, I go for my ultrasound and the technician says...."It's a Boy" So since we decided to have only 2 children, Alexandria was put on the back burner and Alexander moved into her place. We named him Alexander Paul (Paul for my husbands name) I know Alex is not all the un-common but since I like the way Mason & Alex sounded together I decided to change Alexandria to Alexander and still call him Alex. But now if I had a girl (which we're NOT having anymore kids) BUT I really like the name Madison Shawne.

Pam

www.stampinfrenzy.stampinup.net
Old 07-11-2004, 03:52 AM   #12
Insane Embellisher

My childrens names are Christine, we had a though time coming up with a girls name, most of the regular names reminded us of someone either my h;ubby or me knew. Plus being our first child it was such a big thing.
Our second we named Shaughn Patrick! Pronounced Shawn. We wanted the true irish spelling! With the last name McCormick we needed that! I love it! The only downfall is you can't find anything with his name on it!
My third is named Kirby! I love it! We deiced long before he came along, or was even thought of for the matter, that if we ever had a third baby, boy or girl, it would be named Kirby, after Kirby Puckett from the Minnesota Twins..my DH 's family is from Minnesota. This kid is a hoot! We used to go into a store when he was in preschool and everyone knew him! Anohter tidbit-both my boys were both born on July 31st, 5 years apart, with no planning!! Pretty Special!
Old 07-11-2004, 04:51 AM   #13
Matboard Maniac

I only have one child (hard to think of a 21 year-old as a child!). I always wanted a "bunch" of kids...at least three of them girls. The other two I would have named Caroline Victoria and Emily Megan. I just love names like that!

My youngest brother has three girls: Hether (yes, spelled just like that!) Renee, Hannah Ruth, and Bethany Hope. Lots of H's in his family!

Can you believe that, out of me and my three brothers, there is only one boy! His name is Kyle Robert. I like that one, too!

I think if I had been blessed with a boy, I would have liked to have named him after our grandfathers...Samuel Lawrence. Sam sounds like a handful of a boy's name!

You all have picked really great names for your children! I like them all!
Old 07-11-2004, 05:23 AM   #14
Rubber Obsessor

My son, Ian, was also born by emergency c-section at 29 weeks! !! (I can't figure out the quote thing today...) 2 lbs 11 oz. Anyway I always loved the name. Nice combo of sort of different but not unheard of. Also, a friend of myfamily, who was my age, was named that and his Mom was also named Wendy, which is how my parents thought of that for me. (They were worried it was too nickname-y and like Tammy that I wouldn't like it when I was an adult but they knew this adult Wendy and she was fine with it. ) Anyway, my friend Ian sadly died of suicide at about 22, which made it bittersweet to chose the name. My husband's last name is McGowan, so it sounded good I thought. We chose Richardson since my husband (Rich) wanted to use Richard after his father (yeah, right) but I find multiple names in the same family confusing. Plus I was stuck on Ian. Luckily, his mother's maiden name is Richardson. Bonus is it's short, fits on his clothes, he can spell it, and so far there has been no one else for 4 years at daycare with the same name!
Old 07-11-2004, 05:47 AM   #15
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

My oldest daughter's name is Laurel Claire. Laurel is a family name; my grandfather was named Laurel, his daughter (my aunt) and her daughter (my cousin). My aunt was so thrilled that I named my child after her that she has sent her a savings bond every year and takes a special interest in our family. Claire is my father-in-law's middle name, so my daughter is named after two men, LOL! The boy's name we picked out at the time was Jonathan Thomas.

My middle child is named Emily Kathleen. Emily simply because we liked it and Kathleen is after a favorite aunt of my DH's, who is named Katherine, but we couldn't use the exact thing since it would have hurt his mother's feelings. She thought we should name one of our daughter's Suzannah after her. We just didn't like the name Suzannah, so we didn't do it.

The boy's name we picked out for our second ended up being used for our third child: William John. This was after my husband's cousin (William) and favorite uncle (John). Turns out the cousin is named William John too! He is one of Billy's godfathers (you get two sponsors of the same sex as the baby when you are an Episcopalian.)

If Billy had been a girl, we had chosen "Bethany Rose". We just liked Bethany and Rose was my grandmother's middle name.

We didn't know the sex of any of our kids beforehand, though I suspected a boy with the last pregnancy...it was totally different than carrying my girls!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 07-11-2004, 05:49 AM   #16
Glitter Guru

Tammy, I do have a son named Sam and he IS a handful! He is 4 years old and my youngest. I also have a 10 year old daughter, Rebecca and a 6 year old son Nicholas. That's Nicholas in the picture with me on Mother's day. Not unusual names but they all fit.

Kathleen
Old 07-11-2004, 05:50 AM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

when i was pregnant the first time.. i had just started the left behind series. once i made it to book 3, i knew i wanted to name my daughter chloe after the strength and faith the character chloye had in God. We ended up naming her Chloye, and spelled it different. As i finished the series a few months ago, i just sat there praying that she would have a heart for God as the character did.
my son on the other hand, my husband named him.. he just picked a name he liked.. Ashton. I tried to persuade him to Asher, with a Godly meaning.. but he stuck strong on Ashton. But he sure is a CUTE Ashton.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:06 AM   #18
Rubber Obsessor

I forgot to mention I would have named Ian Alison if he had been a girl. That ship has sailed but I still love the name! Incidentally I obviously was referring to "Ian" as the short name not his middle name "Richardson". Duh.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:15 AM   #19
Rubber Obsessor

Hi. My husband and I have unusual (not normal) ways of spelling our names (Neal and Robyn). So, we decided that our children will be the same. We named our daughter Aurora, not after the princess, car, or office machines, but after the Aurora - Northern Lights of Alaksa. I know they can be seen else where, but my husband was stationed in Alaska. He loved the Aurora and one night in Montana we both saw them. Hence her name is Aurora.

Robyn
Old 07-11-2004, 06:18 AM   #20
Pearl-ExPert

I have three children. I have found out the gender of all before they were born. I am an OB nurse so I have access to an ultrasound machine everyday...way to tempting. My third however, I found out without my husband knowing. Try keeping that a secret for seven months! Anyway, my first one is Gavin Pierce. Gavin being a name we both liked, and Pierce is a family name that goes way back. #2 is a girl, Jillian Marie. Her first name in this case was not our first choice. We were going to name her Rebecca, which is my middle name, but we could not agree what to call her. Becca or Becky. Marie is after her grandmother. When we got to the third, the only thing I for sure wanted, was the first name to end in an "N" and the middle name to be a family name like the others. We choose Lauren Marsh. Marsh is my mother's maiden name. If we go for #4, I pray it will be a boy. We had a horrible time coming up with girl names!!!

SCS member #7026
Old 07-11-2004, 06:24 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all
I have a son, Ryan, who just turned 4. Ryan is the only name my husband and I could agree on. His middle name is Mitchell because my husband wanted that for a first name and I didn't - but we liked the way it sounded with Ryan. We never did agree on a girl's name - luckily Ryan was a boy. It was just meant to be. I have enjoyed reading these posts about your families.
Tina
Old 07-11-2004, 06:51 AM   #22
Die Cut Diva

What a totally fun topic!!
I have three. My oldest son, Cameron is 15 way back then (lol) u.s. was just becoming popular, and my dr olny used them if something didn't seem right, so we were blind as far as picking names. Not an easy job picking names!! Any way, hubby (who is my ex now) didn't like ANY names I suggested, he was reading a book (last of the mohicans, I think) and there was a Cameron in it, he really liked that. We decided on Clifft as his middle name, ex-was born on his maternal granddads birthday and given his first and middle name, Clifft is Mat. grandads last name, just thought it sounded neet together. Never agreed on a name for a girl, He was 4 weeks early, due to toxima so thank goodness it was a boy. 9 months later, Im prego again, OOPs lots of us this time due to problems with first, ITS A GIRL! Pick the name Paige Rebecca quite quickly, and stick with it.
Thought I was just going to have the two. Then got divorced. Started to date a friends father, who I had known, and he ends up being my knight in shining armor! He is 17 yrs older than me, and just had the one son, but really wanted to have another, so we did it, ITs a boy. Did not agree on names at all. He wanted Chance, but due to problems, dr said IF i make it to 36 weeks, hes inducing that day, couldn't handle the name Chance for a premie. I liked Tanner, he didn't.
He is hunting w/ best friend one day, (while Im on bed rest at 5 mo.) Friends last name is Brockway, Im thinking?.......hmmm, sure would be cool to name him after Dick, NOT nameing baby Dick... how about Brock? I liked it, hubby came home, I told him, he immediatly got on the phone, called dick and told him we were naming baby after him, Im like what are you doing, im only 5 mo's prego, now were stuck with it, even if we decide we don't like it, LOL. But we still love the name, and Brock is 7, and totally completes us. His middle name is William, daddy's first name. My step son, who is 4 yrs my sr. is Jeffery Leighton (leighton) being a family name.
Now I've rambled on so much, I can't remember who was the 37 yr old grandma by marriage, but I am also a 37 yr old grandma by marriage!!

Denise
Old 07-11-2004, 06:52 AM   #23
Die Cut Diva

OOPS, my stepson is 4 yrs my JR, not SR. I am older than him, and don't let him forget it, LOL.
We are very good friends!! Watching him with his 7 yr old brother is a hoot, hes like I finally got someone to pick on.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:59 AM   #24
Mad Swapper

When my children were born (almost 30 yrs. ago) we had a tough time with names because being in education there are many, many names we didn't want to associate with former students....finally settled on Paul Howard for our son. Howard was my father's name and Paul was the only name my husband at the time liked. I just wanted a name that wouldn't have a nickname. In preschool the kids started calling Paul...polly wolly doodle...in a kind way....lol. Nickname?.......Doodle...even in the Army.
Go figure. My daughter's name is Natalie Ann. Just because I loved it and there were no Natalie's at that time.
And laffenstamper Tammy...by the way....my name IS Katherine Jeanette.... too funny...are you my mother?
Kathy
Old 07-11-2004, 07:12 AM   #25
Die Cut Diva

This is fun! My son's name is Jacob Christian (he's 9). I had the name Jacob and the name Christian picked out at first names. Then when I called my grandma to tell her he was born she wanted to know his name and I hadn't decided yet! (she wanted to fill out the family tree and send it out to relatives...he was her first great grandchild!). I knew how my grandma was and blurted out Jacob Christian...so that's how those two names ended up together! I like it though and everyone that hears it likes the combo.

Now, for how I picked Jacob...aside from the fact that it's a Biblical name (I like that fact), I got the name from a TV show. When I was pregnant I was really into watching Melrose Place and there was a character named Jake...he was really good looking and looked like a 'Jake'. I figured my son would be blonde and blue eyed and like that name. I knew from the day I found out I was pregnant that I was having a boy (just a gutt instinct...never had an ultrasound). Christian was just because I really liked that name. I did have girls names picked out to make my grandma happy (she thought for sure I would have a girl). I had Paige Elizabeth, Emily Catherine and Meghan Lindsay picked out.

He goes by Jake most of the time...unless of course he's in trouble...then he's Jacob Christian!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:19 AM   #26
Gabfest Goddess

My daughter's name is Madison Elizabeth. My husband actually picked her first name because he thought it sounded sophisticated. I am Catholic and chose Elizabeth because my mom feels we (I am one of 7 kids) should name our kids with Christian names. I also liked how the two went together. My best friend's name is Elizabeth and so she thinks I named her after her. If my daughter was a boy, we had picked out Cameron James. I just always liked Cameron. Again, James is a Christian name and was also the middle name of my nephew who died when he was 6 yrs old.

I am pregnant again - due the end of August. We didn't find out the first time, but we did this time. Another GIRL!! Makes it easier to find a name. Again, my husband picked out the first name - Mackenzie. We thought of spelling it different ways, but ended with the conventional way. Her middle name is going to be Leigh - my youngest sister suggested this and it seems to fit so well.

My family jokes that both of my girls will be mad when they are in school and have to put their FULL name on papers - Madison Elizabeth and Mackenzie Leigh. I love it though! My name is short Karen Nancy (I'm named after my aunt) and always tried to make my name longer somehow.

Karen
Mom of the M&M girls!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:23 AM   #27
Die Cut Diva

Karen...I'm glad to see that you are spelling it Leigh! My middle name is Lee...apparently named after the actress Michele Lee...I hate how my middle name is spelled and wish it was Leigh!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:27 AM   #28
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I too have a

I too have a Madison!!
She is Madison Rose 3 years old and then we have Aspen Lynn her older sister! Which no we have never been to Colorado!!!
She was not concieved there!! As i've been asked a lot!!
Aspen was going to Autumn b/c she originally due in November but then my due date was switched to December and we wanted a name that resembled a colder area and with my husband being big into skiing then she was named Aspen!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison we were traveling on one our 4 day weekends back down to Savannah and I started reading road signs and came across Madison!
So sadly she was named after a road sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are my children!!!!!!!!!

-Andrea
Old 07-11-2004, 07:28 AM   #29
SCS Moderator

My son's first name is Camden (hence camsmom) and he is named after Camden Yards, the site of our first date, (and the place my DH told me he loved me, but not on that date ).

We adopted our son from Korea, and the adoption agency was in Baltimore. We passed Camden Yards each time we drove into the city towards the agency. So, each time we passed Camden Yards, we were one step closer to bringing him home!

His middle name was his Korean first and middle name which we put together for the name Seh-Hyun. Seh means man, and Hyun means brightness. I love his Korean name!

We are in the process of adopting a little girl from Korea, and Phoebe is my 1st choice, but it will depend on her Korean name to make sure it sounds okay.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:38 AM   #30
Gabfest Goddess

stampcrazygirl - everyone asks me how we are going to spell Leigh. When my sister mentioned it - she said how about Leigh, but spell it Leigh. At first, my thought was it is more for a boy (like Robert E Lee). But I love the way it sounds and looks.

Andrea - I love the name Madison and it seems we aren't alone in liking it. My daughter is 4 and whenever she hears her name on tv, she thinks they are talking directly to her. It is so cute!

camsmom - I love your son's name! My husband and I are big sports fans and everyone thought we would use sports related themes/names for our kids. I have a neighbor who is trying to get us to name our 2nd daughter Raven (Baltimore Ravens). My husband thought about it, but came across an ad in the paper for a strip club where the featured dancer was RAVEN. That quickly changed his mind!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:40 AM   #31
Rubber Obsessor

I have 2 boys, Jason is 6 and Brendan is 3.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:53 AM   #32
Rubber Obsessor

Hi All,

Our 6 year daughter's name is Kiley Elyse. We also had a hard time agreeing upon names especially boy names. My husband (Mr. Wind in his Hair) did not like any boy names I came up with. He thought they were all too feminine. (I am being polite ) Being a teacher, I agree about names of former students. Due to my age, we had an amnio and decided to find out the sex of the baby. Thank goodness she was a girl because if it was a boy the name would have been "Baby boy" We were down to Shelby and Kiley until the end. When she was born, she looked like a Kiley. We were leaning toward that anyway because my husband is from Mexico and had a hard time saying the "b" sound in the middle of Shelby. As for the spelling, I sat down one night and wrote out every possible spelling of the name I could think of. We chose this one because it was the easiest to form in cusive (the teacher in me comes out again). Her middle name, Elyse, is for my grandma, Esther. In the Jewish religion, we name after the dead. We used the first initial. She also has a hebrew name "Tsviah Esther" . She was named for both my grandparents. We have a bicultural, bireligional (is that a word?) family. Kiley was also baptized. My husband and I were married by a priest who spoke spanish and a rabbi. We had traditions from both wedding ceremonies. It was really neat. We will be married 10 years in October. Thanks for "listening" to our story.

Jodi
Old 07-11-2004, 07:57 AM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

What an interesting topic...I have enjoyed reading all your stories.
Our daughter is named Lauren Agnes....we thought Lauren was so beautiful and elegant, and not too common (at least in '96) plus I loved Lauren Bacall in those old movies. My husband's grandmother's yes, both of them, are named Agnes...thus her middle name. Our son is named Evan Ambrose. It was unusual and simple....Ambrose is my father's name. He died before my children were born, and I adored him. (Boy's names are so hard!!) We are also Catholic, and both middle names are the names of Saints.... If Evan was a girl we would have named him Reagan after the president..
Old 07-11-2004, 08:06 AM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

My first is almost two and his name is Elliott Joseph. Elliott because it is uncommon and both DH and I love it and the Joseph...well, DH's middle name, his fathers name and his grandfathers name as well as it being my fathers name and my grandfathers name....we HAD to use Joseph one way or another and DID NOT WANT A Joey or a Joe so it became his middle name!
I am due with #2 next Sunday and we have three possible names pick out... Coleton Marshall for a boy and either Emerald Anne or Kathryne Anne for a girl... I will have to post again when the baby arrives...we don't know the sex yet so it will have to wait until the baby says hello to the world!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 08:07 AM   #35
Inking Addict

My DD name is not anything unusual, Nicole Lilian (aka Peanut). Nicole was a name I liked because anything you could shorten it to was good, Nic, Nicki, Cole, etc. and Lilian was my grandmothers name. When my DH and I started getting "serious" I told him that I had already picked out names and we could discuss it but I was pretty dead set on what I wanted. When I told him the name for a girl, he was all for it, the boys name was another story. I wanted Michael James and that happens to be my husbands name. He didn't want a junior so back to the drawing board. My fathers middle name is his fathers first name so that was a place to start. What we ended up with was Jared Michael. My husband and I are only children and have decided to only have one ourselves so Jared never got used. I still got Michael James though, as a husband instead of a son.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:08 AM   #36
Embossing Fanatic

Our daughter is 2. We decided to name her Ruthie. It's Ruthie, not Ruth. I figured if Ruthie was what we were going to call her, then we're going to name her Ruthie. Amy Jo
Old 07-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #37
Stampin' Fool

It's been so interesting reading this, I almost wish I had a baby to name...well, not really.

My first three kids names were all chosen for ease of spelling, Jeffrey, Alexander, Joshua. My name is Carolyn, and you'd think it would be easy to spell, but it's been butchered badly over the years. Their middle names were chosen, some to honor the dead on my Jewish husband's side, some to honor the living on my side. So Jeffrey Taylor (my mother's maiden name), Alexander James (my father's name), Joshua Max (DH's grandfather's name). My fourth son was born 2 days after my wonderful MIL died from cancer. Her name was Ethel, so we named him Eric in her honor. We chose Scott for his middle name. It's my husband's middle name, and we couldn't have named for the living if she'd still been alive. I always joke that she's rolling in her grave since we used it. She had a great sense of humor though.

I had some girl names picked out once upon a time, but it's been so long now I can't remember them. I do have a girl dog and named her Daisy, and our bunny is Maggie. Carolyn
Old 07-11-2004, 08:27 AM   #38
Inking Addict

Thhis has been so fun to read! Number 1 DD is Emilie Claire...we loved Emilie and liked the "ie" spelling to go with Claire. She will hate us her whole life as people write her name "Emily!"

Number 2 DD is Elizabeth Anne...had a hard time coming up with that one. It is a good friend's name, and she called me daily to urge us to use it! We mostly call her Bithy though, a name my mom used once that just stuck!

People tell us now we need a boy named Clifford (if you don't know, Clifford the Big Red Dog's owner is Emily Elizabeth), but if we ever have a boy, he will be Benjamin Ross after our 2 fathers.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:55 AM   #39
Kookie Creator

Stampcrazygirl~ We were going to name our "daughter" Paige Elizabeth (I love that name).

But..... alas.......we had a precious boy (almost 12 years ago). We named him Kyle Jay. "Kyle" after the motocross rider "Kyle Lewis" (my hubby is a huge motocross fan/rider), and "Jay" after my husband's middle name.

This is a fun thread. Thanks for letting me share!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:00 AM   #40
Rubber Obsessor

I have 2 dd's:

1st dd: Brianna Dawn-----I used to work in the hospital and one time there was a little girl in who had the name Brianna. I knew the minute I heard that name, I would name my daughter that if I should have one.

2nd dd: Brooklyn Paige-----we thought it was so unusual at the time but now there are lots of girls with this name! No real reason for this name---just that we liked it alot!