Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Family Matters (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/family-matters-f64/)
-   -   Prayer Request for my young Cousin (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/family-matters-f64/prayer-request-my-young-cousin-t98032.html)

MDixon 11-06-2005 05:50 PM

Prayer Request for my young Cousin

Hi ladies,

Last night I was hit with the devastating news that my 18 year old cousin, Joe, was a passenger in a car crash. His friend Chad didn't see the SUV coming up over the hill, and they were hit on the passenger side. Chad's girlfriend, Stephanie, was killed instantly. Chad and Joe are in the pediatric ICU. He has a punctured lung, kidney, spleen; several broken bones which cannot be operated on at this time in order to mend them. He is in a drug induced coma to prevent his brain from swelling. The good news is that he is responding to treatment. This poor kid has a long long road for recovery provided he makes it through.

The real tragedy is that he and his mother lost his father in February 2001. He was only 40 years old at the time and it was a sudden heart attach. My aunts, Karen and Joan have been by my Aunt Barb's side the whole time and have been very optimistic and supportive. They each have teenage kids who have a close relationship with Joe.

I also wanted to let you know that the hospital provides a Ronald McDonald house where my Aunt Barb is welcome to stay free of charge so that she can be there with him round the clock and still get some rest. I urge you to throw your spare change in the little drop boxes at McDonald's whenever possible. It's a wonderful program.

I feel very helpless here not being able to comfort my family in this time of devistation, but I have been praying and I sent a little pick-me-up cookie bouquet (he will receive by Wednesday). He's a kid with a great big heart, and it would be just devistating for my Aunt Barb to lose her only son just four years after losing her husband.

Pray for him and his mom please, and I will keep you posted. Thanks

Michelle

P.S. I couldn't have hugged and kissed my kids enough last night.

dstfrommi 11-06-2005 06:05 PM

Michelle,

What a devastating thing for your family to go thru. I will keep you all in my prayers.

MDixon 11-08-2005 04:41 PM

He's Responding to Treatment!

I am so relieved that my cousin is doing pretty well considering his injuries. He is responding to questions (sqeezes his mothers hand), and today they did surgery to set the bones in his leg and shattered hip.

I don't know why they didn't operate on his punctured lung and kidney or his ruptured spleen. I'm sure his Dr. knows what he's doing.

He will receive his cookie bouquet tomorrow (or his mom, anyway). The happy face mug will cheer him up later. Thanks all for all your prayers and thoughts. It's working. :D

dstfrommi 11-08-2005 04:51 PM

Yea! I'll continue to pray for him and all of your family. I bet your Aunt is so relieved to see him making some progress this quick.

stampfunny 11-08-2005 08:26 PM

Prayers....

How awful of a tragedy for kids so young to have to go through. So glad that he is doing better since your first post and I will remember him in my prayers tonight as well. I hope he continues to do well and regain his strength.

Blessings,
Debbie

scrapqueen 11-08-2005 10:51 PM

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

MDixon 11-10-2005 03:45 PM

He Seems to be improving each day

Hi all,

My cousin Joe had his surgery on his leg and hip and is doing better. He is in and out, but he did request that my mom make sure nobody eay his cookies (the cookie bouquet I sent him). :D

I will know more this weekend, but thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Michelle

Softangelkisses 11-10-2005 03:56 PM

I just said a little prayer for him and the families involved, please keep us updated!