Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts and spirits?
Yes 548 75.07%
No 113 15.48%
Undecided 69 9.45%
Voters: 730. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, angels, entities?

I just had an interesting conversation with my co workers during lunch. To make a long story short - my mom passed away 10 years ago (when I was 16) and I was sharing dreams I have had with her in them and weird things that have happened to me (and I think she was around).

I also think I have a ghost in my condo - not a bad one - just likes to turn things on and off when they feel like it...or make it difficult for me to turn lights on and off. Oh and I think they made my husband's x-box burn out too...but I asked for that one...seriously...I looked into thin air and said "could you do something about this? Can you turn his x-box off or something?" (because he had been playing it everyday after work from mid-November till February). And the next day - I hear how his x-box just crashed and stopped working. He had to buy a new one.

Ok...so anyway..enough with my stories...I have many...let's hear yours...

Glitter Ink

Last edited by Glitter_Girl; 04-20-2005 at 07:19 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up

I have had many, many experiences that have led me to believe in ghosts and active spirits and the like. Most recently a picture came off of my wall. It didn't fall, or it would have broken. In fact, it couldn't have fallen, cuz the nail in the wall was real long and tightly angled upward. I'm convinced it was my late fiance' letting me know of his presence, because this picture was one that he had commented on to me in the past. It was one my oldest son had drawn for me and it was hanging right next to my bed.

Like I said... lots and lots of stories... definitely a believer!

Good idea for a thread!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks! I thought so! I thought it would stir up some crazy and cool stories. I enjoyed yours. Isn't it strange how things happen like that? It gives me chills.

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
Die Cut Diva

A good friend of mine died while we were in high school. The night after his funeral, I woke up in the middle of the night and he was standing at the foot of my bed. To make a very long background story short, I had made his mother bury him without underwear ( he NEVER wore them and I didn't want him being uncomfortable for all eternity!!). So he stood there and smile and gave me the thumbs up!!! My best friend spent the night that night and she saw him too. It was totally cool and weird at the same time!

Katy

Oh, yeah, the REALLY weird part of this story is that he was missing for a few days before we learned that he had died. About 100 of us searched everywhere for him. One night I had a dream that he came to my house and made me follow him to the ravine behind his house. We found his body there the next day!!! Isn't that freaky!! That is the one and only dream I've ever had like that.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Katy -

WOW! That is so neat...wierd...cool...(and of course sad to hear about as well). But when things like that happen, doesn't it make you feel a little bit better? And the fact that your friend saw it too is awesome!

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Rubber Obsessor

Talking ghosts

Hi everybody,
Since I think of you all as my friends, I'll tell you that yes, I believe in ghosts.
I'm somewhat sensitive to things that other people seem to have no clue about.
I know if the dog poops in the house because I can 'smell it' and I'm usually in the car or at the store or something, not at home. Same with things that are burning or being cooked.
I know when the phone is going to ring (not always) and who it is and what they want (no, not caller id)
I know when some plans are not going to work out as intended.
I have a ' feeling' when something good is going to happen, likewise for bad things.
I usually know if someone is going to do a 'pop in' and can plan accordingly.
And, my dreams are VERY prophetic and 'come true' in some way.
I can 'feel' when I'm around someone or someplace that is threatening without outwardly looking so, I usually get very physically sick.

ANYWAY....
Because of this, I think I'm really sensitive to ghostly (to a degree) things.
Unfortunately, it is not a good thing, not yet anyway, mostly threatening.

If anyone wants to hear, I have some really scary experiences under my belt.

So....
you can't think I'm a weirdo now and not like my cards!!! Please, I'm not weird, and I love to make cards and get fb on them, " Don't hate me because I'm....sensitive!?"
And, NO, I don't know what the fb is before it's written!!!
And, if I 'hijacked' this thread, please forgive me!!
and, NO, I'm not sure if I've 'hijacked' this thread or not!!

Luvs to you,
Kristen
(NOT weird, really good making card girl)
kittenkisses
Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
Mad Swapper

I definately believe in ghosts & spirits. The house that I grew up in had a ghost. It never hurt us, but just would freak us out. You could hear it 'walking' around in the attic, rattling the doorknobs, pushing doors open.
Though one did attack my father one night (long story).

My grandmother's house had one too... That one was a scarey one though...
Old 04-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #8
Insane Embellisher

I believe in them to. Although I have not seen or heard any one. One morning when I went back into my bedroom to get clothes out for work, I smelled my grandmothers perfume. It was strong like she was in my room. She always wore Avon Soft Musk. I still have her half used bottle. Also she loved the song "Get Here" Oleta Adams(?). Any time we would go to visit her in Connecticut she would pray that we would "Get Here". After she died, I thought of her & all of a sudden the song came on the radio. I thought that was pretty neat.

Kim
Old 04-20-2005, 11:10 AM   #9
Die Cut Diva

Kristen, I want to hear your stories. I am a believer in this too. I won't think you are weird! Promise!

visit my site: www.danahatch.com
Old 04-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #10
Glitter Guru

Well - I am totally bummed. I believe in "spirits" and when we bought a house that was an 1880 historic house - I just KNEW we would have some. I was really looking forward to it. But not a single one...... bummer. We no longer live in that house..... maybe they finally showed up....
Old 04-20-2005, 11:13 AM   #11
Die Cut Diva

A few months after my mother passed away I woke up in the middle of the night because I could feel a warm hand pressed on my cheek. I opened my eyes and couldn't see anyone and the warm feeling gradually went away. I told my DH and he doesn't believe so he thinks I was dreaming. I am convinced it was my mom. I also used to smell her perfume quite a bit but don't anymore.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #12
Insane Embellisher

Talking

kittenkisses - you are FUNNY.

No one thinks you're wierd cuz you have these abilities. And if they do, let me know and I'll punch their lights out.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Kittenkisses - share a story

Please...I wanna hear a story...and NO I don't think you a weird...I think you are just that much "cooler".

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #14
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

Anne, I love you, your my protector!!
No-one has ever said they would punch someones lights out for me, ever!!
You are the best!!
I can't stop smiling and laughing!!!

Kristen
Old 04-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillStamp4Food
A few months after my mother passed away I woke up in the middle of the night because I could feel a warm hand pressed on my cheek. I opened my eyes and couldn't see anyone and the warm feeling gradually went away. I told my DH and he doesn't believe so he thinks I was dreaming. I am convinced it was my mom. I also used to smell her perfume quite a bit but don't anymore.

I had the same experience...I was with my mom in my dream...and we were hugging (as we always do in our dreams) and I felt her pulling away from me and I didn't want to let go. I woke up in the middle of this and was literally sitting half up in my bed with my arms stretched out and I had a vision of her floating away. It was so strange. I remember just sitting there crying - but almost a happy cry...b-c I know she was there. I used to smell my mom's perfume as well...I also have an experience of her coffee breath..it felt as though she was right next to me breathing on me. It was such a great feeling/smell.

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #16
Cupcake Queen

Nothing to add, but wow, what an awesome fun post. My mom had a near death expereince one time . . . but never anything with ghosts . . .
Old 04-20-2005, 11:38 AM   #17
dal
Kookie Creator

After my mom passed away (on a round the world cruise) I had dreams that she was showing up at meetings and events and we would tell her she was dead and she would say no I'm not your nuts etc. (that would be normal for her). After about a week of these dreams I told my sister and it turned out she was having almost the same dreams!! We decided our mom had not accepted what had happened. After a few weeks the dreams stopped for both of us so she must of accepted that she was really dead!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think you are weird either. When my uncle committed suicide, I went to bed every nght and PRAYED for the ability to "see" (is that what it is called?) I wanted SO badly to talk to him or see him one more time. Never happened.

I admit though-ghosts/spectors scare the CRAP outta me. I watched this thing on TLC about a family in Connecticut and I literally couldn't sleep that night. I didn't sleep in my room for like a week. The Amityville Horror left me practically in tears, so did The Blair Witch Project. SO scared.

What DOES happen is stuff that I don't know if I am paranoid, or if it's "real".

The other night, I was in my living room, but nowhere near the door and it was locked anyway. My 3-year old was sleeping on my queen-sized bed (which is pushed against the wall where he was). ANYWAY-the door unlocks and slowly starts to open. Only by about 6 inches. THen I hear a noise in the hallway. THEN Nickolaus falls out of bed. You guys-when I checked on him like 10 minutes earlier-he was up against the wall. And he fell out?? So I pick him up and I go "I don't care what you do to me, but LEAVE MY KID ALONE!" Right after I said that-the front door slammed shut. That time didn't scare me so much as it p*ssed me off-you know the whole "Mama Bear-bear cub" thing.
*shivers* Thanks for listening. I think I will stop reading this thread now before I wet myself.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Old 04-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #19
Die Cut Diva

Catie that is freaky!

Old 04-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #20
Ross' Island Lobster

Has anyone ever watched the John Edward's show called Crossing Over on T.V.? I always dream about my loved ones that have passed away and he said that when you dream about them, that is there way of coming through to you. Kinda neat!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #21
Cupcake Queen

Catie -- that is scary crap! I just wanted to warn you -- do not see "The Ring" or the sequel to it, I had nightmares for weeks after that -- so freaky!!!

Last edited by Amanda_Sewell; 04-20-2005 at 11:56 AM..
Old 04-20-2005, 11:51 AM   #22
Cupcake Queen

Kim, I love that show, but never see it on anymore . . .
Old 04-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Kim-

i have watched that show! It's great. I think it is amazing what he picks up. I would have loved to go to a taping...but I think I would have been so sad if he didn't pick anything up from me. But I guess if I have my own ways of getting through to my mom and others I should be happy.

Catie -
Wow...that would have freaked me out too. And scary movies totally freak me out. I couldn't sleep for weeks after seeing The Grudge...my husband got it on DVD and I made him give it to someone else. Seeing previews of the movie brings me to tears. It scared the crap outta me. So then I went to see the movie White Noise...(I never learn)...but that one intrigued me a bit...it was scary...but it made me want to research the whole being able to hear ghosts in white noise. And sadly enough, I want to see Amittyville Horror. LOL! I hate those movies but I can't get enough. And after I see them my imagination runs wild...I don't know what I would do if I ran into a scary/mean ghost. I seriously might die of a heart attack. So that wouldn't be good. Ok...I am so scared about The Grudge now...I should not have ever brought it up. Gotta go!

SHARE MORE STORIES! They are so interesting to read.

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #24
Pearl-ExPert

Love this thread! And Kristen, you're not weird. I worked with a girl years ago that could sense things. She freaked me out sometimes because things like that scare me, but I'm still curious. Kind of like the people driving down the highway to slow down and look at the car wreck syndrome.

Anyway, I was sitting in my office facing the door and my friend comes in and chats with me. She turns around, then looks at me, and says "did you see who that was?". I told her there wasn't anybody--if there was anybody in our office building our doorbell would have chimed. And the direction she said the person was heading was to a dead end and we would have seen him come back by. She started freaking a little bit describing the build, features, uniform he was wearing and everything. Another co-worker in her office comes out and tells her to tell her what she saw. So friend tells other co-worker what the guy looks like, what he was wearing, etc. Co-worker starts crying---it was her dead husband. Yes, I'm serious. Co-worker and current husband had been having problems lately and she had been thinking about her first husband (was a pilot in the Air Force and died in a plane crash). Her thinking of him brought him to her. She showed us a picture and it was him wearing his old flight suit and everything friend described about this guy was exact...and we had never seen his picture until that day. Very weird. The thing that sucked about this was they all left at 4:00 everyday and I worked until 5:00...except that day I didn't!! LOL

Come on....I want to hear your stories Kristen!!

Tiffany
Old 04-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Sewell
Catie -- that is scary crap! I just wanted to warn you -- do not see "The Ring" or the sequel to it, I had nightmares for weeks after that -- so freaky!!!

Yep...that one too...slept with the lights on...and can't see previews for #2...but still...you guessed it...I want to see it.

Anyone see Stir of Echoes with Kevin Bacon? GREAT and SCARY movie. I cried when it started because I wanted to go home. I am a wimp...but oddly enough, I have seen it 3 times now...I like to share the scary stuff with others who haven't seen it.

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #26
Mad Swapper

Default Ghosts

I believe that there is much in the universe that we don't know about. I also believe that some people are more receptive than others in receiving and interpruting these messages.
I don't know that I would call them ghosts, and I think you must be very open to receiving these messages before you can do it.
I also think there are times in our lives when we are more receptive and just because I have this experience once does not mean I can call upon it at will.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:59 AM   #27
Rubber Obsessor

Default ghost story

Hey,
Well, I don't have much time right now, but I can tell you a couple little things that are more recent.
I went to a popular establishment with my husband and when we pulled into the parking lot, I had a spot of nausea.
As we were getting closer to going in, my vision just starting getting worse and worse, like the lights were dimming or something. I was watching to see if anyone else noticed how dark it was, but as fas as I could tell, it was just me. We went to get a table and I started to feel a little better and thought maybe I was just motion sick or something, I was hoping that was it, because we had gone to great lengths to plan a night out (5 kids) but I was pretty sure that wasn't it.
Well, I had to use the potty and started to walk towards the entrance, and again, started feeling really sick, and the room started getting dark again. I passed this one table where a couple were sitting and the man looked at me like he knew me VERY well, was very smug and sinister looking. I immediately had to go outside and get some air because I thought I was going to throw up right there. Well, this just gets worse. I'm standing there with my back against the wall, it's totally dark, pretty late and this truck pulls up right next to me, like on the sidewalk out of nowhere. The man in the passenger seat was the same one from inside. He asked me if I wanted a ride and I told him, no, I just needed some air (from the smoke inside, I didn't want him to know that I knew what was going on and blamed it on the smoke, my face might have given it away, but I've learned the best thing to do is play dumb unless you have to absolutely take care of it) and he said are you sure and I said yes, thankyou. He smiled and shrugged and drove away. SO...I get up the nerve to go back in, and I've decided that we have to leave NOW. Of course, I have to walk past the same area of the restaurant to get to my table. Sure enough, the closer I got to that table, the sicker I got. The man is now playing darts, it was the bar part of the restaurant, and he stops and turns to look at me and smiles the creepiest smile ever. I just smiled back and tried to convey to him with my eyes that I knew what was up and I wasn't going to put up with it anymore, I felt much safer inside than out, but also much sicker.
I got past him and told my husband that we had to leave right away, he trusts my 'feelings' and I lied and said that the kids needed us. I didn't want him to be involved and be a possible target for the guy. We left, I did end up vomiting later and have never been back to that place and I've never seen the man since, not that I've recognized anyway.
I THINK that this guy or whatever he was sensed that I 'knew' him and was playing games with me, I tried to tell him with my face and body language (they can't read your mind) that he didn't want to mess with me or he'd be sorry, I don't hink he believed me though, I'm glad I didn't have to get mean with him!!

I'll tell another after Blues Clues, a much worse one than that, have I whetted your appetite?!

Kristen
(again, not weird girl, just happy girl with weird stuff AROUND her)
Old 04-20-2005, 11:59 AM   #28
Cupcake Queen

Tiffany, how sad and interesting at the same time. I cannot get enough of this thread -- what a great topic
Old 04-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #29
The Digi-Freak

I believe that there is a spiritual realm that is outside of human life for sure.

But I also think that it is dangerous to "mess" with the spiritual world, especially as a Christian. Some abilities are best left alone.

JMHO

Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #30
Cupcake Queen

I have not seen Stir of Echoes, but I strongly dislike Kevin Bacon, so if he dies in it, I just might have to see it . . .hehehe
Old 04-20-2005, 12:13 PM   #31
The Digi-Freak

oh, and that was not meant to be a sermon, just my response to the question

I just think as a Christian, I am held accountable for my words and deeds. If it isn't glorifying God to dabble in an area, I probably need to think about it.

Even in stamping, I have to make sure I'm stamping to bless others and not to get the praises of other people. KWIM?

I'm SO SO SO far from being where I want to be, please don't read that as holier than thou

Kimberly

Old 04-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #32
Die Cut Diva

I totally agree with all you said Kimberly. I am also a Christian but I can't help but find others stories fascinating! I know we aren't supposed to dabble in this stuff but I get so interested in the unexplained!

Old 04-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #33
Cupcake Queen

I also agree Kimberly, but I have to say, I don't consider it dabbling if you are just reading stories . . . I truly find it fascinating!
Old 04-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #34
Rubber Obsessor

No worries MamaK, it's not something I aspire to or even call attention to unless someone asks me, I don't dabble, and I'm a Christian too, and I think you have very important and sobering advice, it is sort of fun to tell ghost stories to interested parties, but I know from experience that if you're not careful, you can open up access to yourself that is completely uninvited. I think that things that happen 'to you' don't define you, unless you let them, be they good or bad.
I think you are wonderful and I love your baldy-head!!

Kristen
Old 04-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #35
Mad Swapper

Default mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillStamp4Food
I have heard that you may be visited by a reassuring spirit (in this case your mon) until you can let go. Then as you become more able to accept their passing the visits will lessen and finally stop altogether.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #36
Pearl-ExPert

When my grandpa died in 1981, we were about to turn into the cemetary and my dad was in the middle of turning and we noticed the gate was closed so we couldn't enter so, my dad had to stop and continue going straight to the next entrance, but at that moment, I heard my grandpa's laugh! It kind of freaked me out!

Also, when my Grandpa died, my grandma had seen my grandpa "sitting" in his chair in his room, so she had to keep his door closed.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #37
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse
I have heard that you may be visited by a reassuring spirit (in this case your mon) until you can let go. Then as you become more able to accept their passing the visits will lessen and finally stop altogether.

I believe that too. What happened to me was not at all scary, it was comforting.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #38
Cupcake Queen

Catie,
Here is a site for you to check out -- freaky -- will make you pee your pants . . . some of the stories are too weird!!!

http://www.ghosts.org/stories/stories.html
Old 04-20-2005, 12:47 PM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Can I just say I don't understand what you mean by dabbling? Do you mean that if you are christian you can't believe in ghosts (I can understand if you want to call it something else...I don't know the politically correct term. )

Anyway..I am catholic and I don't see anything wrong with having certain things happen to you. It makes me feel that much more comforted that there is something else out there in this universe...ya know?

So if you could explain more about dabbling I would appreciate it. I am just being curious.

Glitter Ink
Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 PM   #40
The Digi-Freak

dabbling would be using an ouija board, seeing a psychic, using tarot cards, holding a seance