Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts and spirits?
Yes 548 75.07%
No 113 15.48%
Undecided 69 9.45%
Voters: 730. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #201
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

BUMP!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for bumping, Granny.

Kittenkisses - where are you with your stories? Got anymore to share?

Glitter Ink
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #203
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

This has been way too much fun to let die. Come on in and tell us your stories.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok - I've got a good story...but I have to tell it after American Idol.

Please don't let this thread die! Maybe we scared everyone away with our creepy and warm and fuzzy stories.

Glitter Ink
Old 04-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #205
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Keep on bumping.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:06 PM   #206
Glitter Guru

Default Ghosts?? Spirits?? Why not?

I believe in "ghosts" and "spirits". And, I noticed someone in here said something to the extent of "if you're Christian, you can't believe in ghosts". I would argue that being a Christian means you HAVE TO believe in a spirit essence of the human soul. Is it not part of the trinity; father, son, holy-spirit?

I've had way too many unexplainable experiences in life NOT to believe in ghosts. And, the clincher was when my eldest daughter, then 6, had surgery and told me, in the recovery room, that she's seen a woman who made her feel peaceful. We blew it off until a month or two later when we were visiting another parent's house (her child also had kidney problems) and my daughter said "mom! Look. There's Celia! That's the woman who was at the hospital when I had surgery." I had no clue what she was talking about, but she kept repeating the woman's name. The woman who owned the home, who we had NEVER spent time with before, said "how does your daughter know my mother's name?" It turns out her mother's name was Celia, she had been a nurse at UCLA, AND had died six months before my daughter's surgery.

Too wierd to discount.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:29 AM   #207
Polyshrink Goddess

Very interesting stories. Keep them coming! For those who are worried about offending others, please try not to worry about. We have the choice to read a thread or not and the title of this thread clearly states what it is about. So if someone doesn't like it they don't have to enter. Please no one flame me as I am only stating the obvious and this is in no one directed at any one person!

When my oldest sister was pregant with her second child about 2 weeks before her miscarriage my niece who was 2 at the time started calling the baby Angel. My sister and brother in law thought maybe the baby was a girl and that was what she wanted to call her. So they just went with that. My sister wasn't far enough along to find out the sex, but like I said at the beginning about 2 weeks later, my sister miscarried. She later became pregnant again and this time my niece was about 4 and had insights or anything and the pregnancy went smoothly. Concidence? Maybe, but I do belief we all have a gift it just depends on how we use it.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #208
Pearl-ExPert

bump!

I want to hear more!

My grandfather died after battling kidney cancer in my parents' home. My mom and dad cared for him the last few months he was alive in their home.

Anyway, my mom says she's seen him several times walking down the hallway to the bathroom. She calls his name "Mert" and he turns and smiles at her with his sheepish smile he always had when he was alive.

Tiffany
Old 04-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #209
Matboard Maniac

Ok, this happened about 6 or 7 years ago. My husband was working nights and usually came home about midnight or shortly thereafter. We lived in a big set of condos. One night he came home and woke me up saying that his friend in the other bulding really needed to talk. We are Christians so he took his bible with him as he thought he was going to counsel him and refer to scripture. His friend says he really needs to show him something in the garage so they went down there. He was taking my husband to a car that belonged to a girl he was "messing" with. (this was a big, ugly guy who actually slept with a whole bunch of the girls in the building!) Well, he told my husband that this timie he really did it. That this girl was into something weird and that things were happening in his condo. He started making my husband uneasy but he showed him a stuffed doll that he said she worshipped. My husband thought - still no biggie. Then the friend says that that's not what he really wanted to show him, that they need to go to his place, so they go. While my husband is talking to him about how it's not good to sleep around because of all the consequences, they were going back & forth on that, they started hearing noises in his bedroom. My husband said that from the closet there was alot of loud whispering going on and the room grew cold. They were still talking about this girl and the voices grew louder. My husband finally told this guy that they had to get on their knees and pray right then and there. His friend really didn't want to but he was getting too wigged out about what was going on in his closet. They got on their knees and my husband read some passages from the bible and prayed and they stopped. By this time it was 4 in the morning so he was leaving becuase things had stopped. As he was going from his friend's building to ours, he walked knowing that something was following him. He could hear a little whispering and something behind him. He prayed all the way home and woke me up when he got home. He told me that we needed to pray. He was actually begging me to pray for him but he didn't want to tell me exactly why because he didn't want to scare me. He said he'd tell me in the morning but for now he wanted me to pray for him. I didn and everything was ok. No bad dreams but we felt protected that night. You know, that guy never even said "thank you" for helping him out??? He never spoke to us again! I think he was looking for more than trying to get the stuff in his closet to stop. Now that was weird!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:39 PM   #210
Pearl-ExPert

Yolanda,

That just gave me chills!

Tiffany
Old 04-28-2005, 03:23 AM   #211
Compulsive Stamper

Default Ghosts & Spirits

I don't normally post - just lurk - but I do believe in ghosts and spirits. I have a story...

When we were kids, my younger sister had "imaginary friends" - 2 of them. If you would try to sit on the couch she would say watch out you almost sat on Marcia (that was one of them). She had these friends for a couple of years. It would totally freak out my family because my sister was so sure they were real. One night while we were eating dinner the cupboard door popped open. My dad got up and closed it, popped open again, he got up a closed it, popped open again - he got up closed it and said Marcia knock it off and it never popped open again. Another time - my dad always took his watch off at night and put it on his headboard. He always stayed up really late so none of us were up when he went to bed. He woke up the next morning and his watch was gone. They looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it. My little sister told him that Sissy and Marcia had taken it. Next morning he woke up and the watch was on his headboard.

So this type of stuff went on for a while. My Mom used to to take a ceramics class were her friends and my aunt. One night they decided to have a seance. My aunt was really into that stuff. So she starts asking about Sissy and Marcia. The table lifted off the floor and I guess it tapped out that they were from Daisy Street (our old house) and they came with us. They were nice spirits and wouldn't hurt anyone. My mom was totally freaked out, came home, told my Dad and went to bed. No one else was up.

Next morning my sister gets up and tells my Mom - Sissy and Marcia went back to Daisy Street and never talked about them again. Scared the heck out of all of us!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:45 AM   #212
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

See I knew there would be more stories. Keep them coming and keep playing nice.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #213
Matboard Maniac

Ok, here's another one. When I was a kid, my oldest brother used to mess with me alot & try to scare me. I had been afraid of the dark, (usual kid stuff) but one evening I was in my room, on my bed by the window, reading. I heard a loud thump at the window and saw a silouhette (sp??) of a large cat wagging his tail. I had thought, "oh there goes my brother again" but then saw it was only a cat. Then I realized there was no ledge for that cat to be standing on! Nothing! So I got scared & ran to my mom who went outside & checked the window to find nothing . . . & confirmed there was no ledge for anything to stand on. She said that I imagined it but how can you imagine a loud thump & see a big cat at your window??? Needless to say, I slept with the light on!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #214
Polyshrink Goddess

WHEW! I don't know whether to be happy or sad that I finally waded through all the posts. Some made me sniffle, some gave me goosebumps, but all touched me somehow. It's now 2 a.m. I'm a little flipped out, but saying my prayers, lol.

I don't remember who said what, but there were a couple of posts that I wanted to comment on...

Someone mentioned that dreams with a man chasing/attacking you is supposed to be a testing of your faith/religion. Wow. I had a lot of those when I was deciding on my future with my ex (then husband). It was an abusive relationship among many other things and being raised in a sheltered, very religious family, divorce was not mentioned, much less condoned. So, I struggled more with what would happen to me spiritually than what he would do to me. But anyway, I had those dreams alot. I thought it was stress or strain over my ex, but that makes a lot of sense.

Next, someone talked about having the dream with a beautiful Satan. It makes perfect sense. Satan was once God's angel, and was once as perfect as a heavenly body could be. And think about it, the more seductive the seducer, the easier it is to be seduced--in any way.

Someone else mentioned seeing their Nanna before their wedding. This is not my story, but my SILs. To this day, swears that she saw her grandmother (who died a year before she married) the night before her wedding, standing at the end of her bed. She said that nothing was said, but that she felt a sense of approval and love over the upcoming nuptials. Which made her feel a lot better since a lot of other people were saying the match wouldn't last. Ten years and four kids later, they are doing better than ever.

Several people mentioned not watching the exorcist. I won't. I refuse to, to this day. I can watch all kinds of movies, but anything dealing with spiritual things tend to send me into heart palpitations of a dizzying proprotion. There are other factors as to why I won't watch that particular movie, but I'll get to those later.

Okay, those are responses, now I'll post my own story, if you want.

Tam
Old 04-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #215
Polyshrink Goddess

Before I share, let me say that I do believe there are things beyond our understanding, supernatural forces at work in the world and in each of our lives. I believe some people are more perceptive than others, and also believe the more you open yourself up to them, the more you invite these things in, which is why I've not dabbled with it like others I know. I do know we have premonitions and other things that God gives us the sense to help keep us from harm. Call it your sixth sense, your intuition or whatever...there is no such thing as coincidence. This is all jmho, so please, don't flame if you disagree.

I have had a few experiences, sensitivities to things that others look at me like I'm crazy. There were times I'd wondered about it myself. Then in my senior year of high school I had a dream that scared the wits out of me. I tend to ramble, so bear with me and I apologize in advance if it gets too long.

Mind you, was July, hot and sunny, lazy days of summer. I had just went to bed after a fun date with my bf and started to dream. I dreamed that it was fall, there was a crispness in the air and leaves on the ground. I dreamed that we were going to a haunted house (as in Halloween House, not ghost-house) for kicks. Most funhouses around here at the time were hokey, but hey, it was the thing to do, right? But instead of going directly there, we went to this lot and parked and boarded a big yellow schoolbus with a lot of people. Some other people we know were there so we sat with them and talked. As the bus started up, everyone was laughing and having a good time, but we got off the main road and went down this tree-lined lane and I looked out the window and felt "not right". I don't know how else to say it. I wasn't scared (yet), just not right. My friends and bf told me I was silly and so I put on a happy face and played along. The busdriver stopped and everyone got off, but we had to walk up this big grassy hill to get to the haunted house. I looked up and shivers went down my spine. I pretended I was cold. We waited in line and the closer we got to our turn, the worse I felt. I wasn't sick, just panicky. We got to the door, and I didn't want to look like a chicken around everyone so I went in. For some reason, we had to go through one room and up the stairs. As we climbed the stairs I remember *thinking* if I go on, I will never be the same. I felt choked, smothered. I refused to take another step and in fact, starting tripping over people who were coming up after me. My bf tugged my jacket almost off, telling me he was going to break up with me. He started cursing me and yelling, but I was too afraid and even more so that he was acting out of character, almost as if he were not my bf. I ran through the front room and out the door, screaming at the people to get out. They just laughed as I ran past. The guy standing at the door looked at me, kinda odd, but didn't say anything, just took the next person's money and let them in. I paced and waited and waited. Nothing. Finally, an hour or so passed (at least I thought it had in my dream) and I asked someone in line where everyone was--no one was coming out. Someone said the exit was in back of the house. At this point I was getting a bit angry, thinking my bf, who was so mad had left without me. I stormed around the big ol' house, working myself up into a temper, totally unprepared for the sight that greeted me. Behind the house, all kinds of things were going on. People were being mutilated, turned into zombies, tortured and everything. Spells were being conjured, demons aroused. I screamed and ran. But like in dreams, things pop up out of no where and I ran right into a big wheel. Not a tire, but one of those wheels you see on the old ships (pirate movies or Moby Dick). And here comes a sinister Gorton's fisherman with a hook in his hand chasing me.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I had the exact same dream a few more times, so vivid and detailed I can still recall it to this day. Finally it stopped. I was never more relieved.

A few months go by and I'm driving in my car with my bf (who I told about the dream) and this music comes on the radio and chills run down my spine. We both looked at each other. I felt so chilled and panicked I had to pull over. As we listened, it was for a brand new haunted house in the area and the description of the house on the hill matched my dream (decor, ride the bus to get there, that it was on a hill, not one-storey, etc.). I flipped out. I made him promise me we wouldn't go. We didn't. As it turns out, several people were hospitalized after going through there. It was too much, too intense and allegedly one person had a heart-attack and died not too long after leaving. It was shut down.

A few years go by and I have that darned dream again--complete with phycho Gorton's man. That October, I'm home listening to the radio when I get chilled. A voice comes on advertising a newly-reopened haunted house. (same location, etc.) and this time they were advertising it as a house owned by a demented ship captain. (That wasn't mentioned at all the first time).

I haven't even gone to a funhouse since--not even the cheap hokie ones that are more for laughs. No way, not this girl.

Tam
Old 04-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #216
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, ya'll have opened up a can of worms, lol. I hope I don't get banned from the thread, or bore you to tears, but now that I've started, it's hard to stop, haha.

I want to explain why I won't watch the Exorcist.

I come from a very religious family--my grandfather was a Pentecostal preacher, my brother and his in-laws all work for a well-known evangelist, and my cousin is a minister. I was very sheltered, but knew evil existed, just as much as goodness did--probably more than most. I think it goes back to that sensitivity thing, and explains so much. I feel that if I watch that movie, it will just open up a flood of things I don't want to deal with and am in no way prepared to deal with.

I grew up in St. Louis city. Not half an hour from old Alexian Brothers hospital. Anyone familiar with the story behind the movie will know that this is where the business went down. Heck, I remember when the boy (for anyone who doesn't know, it was a boy in reality--they changed it for the script) would come back each year on the anniversary and repaint the cross, the papers made a big deal of his visits to town. I remember when they destroyed that wing of the hospital, they had trouble. The wrecking ball veered off at the last moment and tore up something they hadn't planned on. and if you read stories similar to Haunted Heartland they might mention how some people swear they saw something "dark and ominous" dart out and disappear when the wing was finally demolished.

But another reason is this. A friend of mine's older sister worked there. She told us that she only went into that wing once (it was used for storage or something like that for sometime after) and that she refused to ever go back--they could fire her. She said she felt pure evil and she hadn't gone ten feet. Lights flickered, something rolled across the floor and it was frigid. She ran outta there.

And to this day, I refuse to watch this movie, because it's too "real". I know it could happen I don't want to invite it in.

And now I'm going to sign off this thread because I've succeeded in giving myself chills again. Maybe tomorrow I can share more if you want more.

Tam
Old 04-29-2005, 03:11 AM   #217
Die Cut Diva

I couldn't sleep so I was here at 3:30 a.m. checking out the reincarnation of this thread! It is dark in here and I keep looking over my shoulder! Time to go back to bed.

visit my site: www.danahatch.com
Old 04-29-2005, 03:34 AM   #218
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for sharing your stories Tam. You are so vivid in your explanations and descriptions, I felt like I was there.

Thanks for giving me the chills!!!

Tiffany
Old 04-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #219
Stazon Splitcoast

Tam -

Thanks for those descriptive stories! I have chills and am a little freaked out and it's 11:00 in the morning here!

I have just started reading a book by John Edwards called One Last Time...it is so good! Only I am reading it in bed, and I go to bed after reading a few chapters...only...I have to pull the covers up over my head because I am so freaked out. But I cannot put it down.

He explains a lot of his experiences and how he gets information and he tells a bunch of personal stories. It's a good read...but if you are a chicken like me it scares ya!

I just realized I never got to share my other story....sometime today! I will post it!

And Tam - TELL US ANOTHER! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE!!!!

Glitter Ink
Old 04-29-2005, 08:20 AM   #220
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Keep them coming!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #221
Polyshrink Goddess

Tam,
Your stories are incredible. They really gave me the creeps!!!! Keep them coming.

I have a small "premonition" one that just happened last week.
I was setting up to have a stamp-a-stack at my house. A friend of mine that I have not seen for a long time told me that she was going to be able to come. Anyway, a few days before the stamp-a-stack, out of the blue I had the thought "I hope nothing happens to Marlene's mom or mother-in-law."
(Marlene is my friends name). I have no idea why this idea popped into my head. Anyway, she called me Saturday morning to tell me that she was running a little behind because they were at the hospital the night before because her mother-in-law was sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too creepy. My 11 year old daughter tells me that I have a sixth sense!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:49 AM   #222
Matboard Maniac

The Exosist - whew! I never did see it as a kid, but a friend of mine had some magazine and took it to school. Like the "making of". It had full color pictures of her gruesome face. That was about in 6th grade that I "peeked" at the pictures. Fast forward to my late teens- early 20's. I had this reocurring nightmare that I had several times. First, it's in black & white. You can see a cabin in the woods & it's kinda foggy - early morning I think. You see "me" run out of the cabin into the woods. I'm actually chasing someone into the woods but I don't know why. As I'm getting closer, I have this dreaded feeling that if I catch up to her, I'm not going to like what I see but I keep chasing her. Well she trips on a log and the view I have is from the side. I see this girl on the floor, me on top of her and her face is turned away from me. The "me" that's on top is looking down at her but the "me" that's looking from the side view can't see her face. So she turns her head a little toward the sky and I could tell that her hair is all messed up, and that her skin is bumpy. Then she turns her head back away. She turns her head straight up to the sky and I could get a better view of her profile which is ugly. Ratty hair, greenish skin, bumpy & cut up. Then she turns her head away again. This time she turns her head and looks straight at the "me" that is seeing from the side view and I can see her dead on. She's looking straight at me, smirking and her face is hideous! She smiles or hisses and I freak out & wake up. I've always been afraid of that movie.
I have another variation of the same dream that I'll share later. The one thing that gives me peace about this whole thing is that as a Christian, I now know that if you've invited Jesus to live in your heart, then evil cannot occupy the same space - hence, Christians can't be possesed. I'm not really afraid of the movies, but evil does scare me a bit 'cuz it's real, but with God on my side, who can be against me??!!
Don't be afraid girls, and when you are, call on Jesus!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #223
Polyshrink Goddess

More stories, please?????????????????????????
Okay, and a bump too!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:51 PM   #224
Die Cut Diva

keep em coming

Old 04-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #225
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, here's another one...

A few years ago, I worked for an apartment complex part-time. At first the job seemed okay, the hours great, etc.

One day, I sat at the front desk and the calculator starts going off out of no where. All zeroes, over and over. I just shut it off and shrugged it off to old equipment. Then other little things happened. The radio would be turned down all the way, but if a mournful tune came on, it would sound like it was loud. The lights flickered on a beautiful day, but especially if my boss was emotionally a wreck (which, happened a lot). If you were in the kitchen or party room, you felt like you were being watched and if you were running the vacuum cleaner you would swear someone was singing, a very beautiful, distinct, if somewhat mournful meloday--the same one each time. There were noises in the basement, tools dropping to the floor, etc. when no one was there. All of these could be explained--faulty wiring, vacuum cleaner belt on wrong, animals getting into the basement which was not unheard of--so if I felt ill, I just shrugged it off to new job nerves, said a little prayer and went on my way.

About a month into the job I sat at my desk, my boss was in her office and the calculator went off yet again. But this time when I looked and it was "off" so I unplugged it and took it to my boss and told me that she needed to get me a new one, that it had bad wiring. A few minutes later I saw someone go downstairs (out of the corner of my eye) and since I had work orders for the guys, I grabbed them and went down, only to find it all locked up tight and whatnot. The guys hadn't been in the office since lunch.

This is when boss lady told me she believed the building was haunted. Of course the first thing I did was talk to my good friend, who told me first to pray and second to get out of there, that it sounded like a place I didn't need to be. Money was tight and another job like this wasn't going to come along anytime soon, so I just held with some patience and ignored a lot of what was going on. My friend kept telling me to go, that God didn't want me in a place like that and if I didn't leave and He wanted me to go, he would get me out of there. Well, incidents kept increasing in intensity. It wasn't so bad during the week, but when I worked alone on Saturdays, it was easy to let my mind run until I called it in check. While I felt "spooked" I wasn't truly scared, knowing that all I had to do was pray.

I didn't get frightened until one late afternoon I was working by myself, getting ready to close up for the day. I'd gone out to the patio to pick up and arrange the furniture. I saw a car pull up in front so I headed inside. When I opened the door to the party room, I distinctly remember hearing "Hello." It wasn't a questioning hello, more like someone who knew me already. It echoed in my head like it had come from far away and was yelled, but at the same time it sounded like someone standing right at my shoulder, whispering in my ear, it was definitely male. That's the best I can describe it, like several depths, decibals, all rolled into one. I felt sick and dizzy, but heard the front door open so I raced through the office and opened the door to find one of the tenants just heading out of the building. I asked her if she'd called out and she said no, she was just dropping the rent in the slot. Then she asked if I was okay, that I looked ashen and pinkened at the same time. I nodded and she left. I ran downstairs to see if maybe one of the guys had come back and yelled from the basement (they were supposed to have left for the day), and it was locked up tight. I was so disturbed, I called them on the radios to see if they'd been here and neither one had been there since a half hour before. No one else was in the building.

That night I prayed and prayed some more. I was getting sick, just thinking about going to work--each day was a fight with myself to go. I struggled with the decision of what to do. But, as my friend said, if you don't listen, God will make it happen. A month or so later, I was laid off due to budget cuts.

I haven't looked back.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #226
Polyshrink Goddess

Scary, scary story Tam. You are much braver than I. I would have high-tailed it out of there in a jiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More stories please???
Old 04-30-2005, 08:02 AM   #227
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Someone needs to print all these stories and make a book out of them when we are all finished.

Just A Cute(true though)Story:

There is a hugh cemetery close to where we live. If anyone remembers the story of Mary Phagan she is buried there.

When we were in high school there was a rumor that if you went to a certain grave that had a statue of a woman holding a baby and walked around it three times at midnight on a full moon she would cry.

Well. here we go,teenage girls with our burly football player friends and boyfriends up to the cemetery. Mind you some of these boys were over 6" tall and weighed over 200 lbs.

We have to climb the fence because the place is locked all while trying to keep quiet so we don't all end up in jail. The city police weren't known for their sense of humor! Plus our school was known to be a little on the "hooded" side.

We made it over the fence and finally found the grave. Picture us tip toeing around this place in the middle of the night. The biggest badest football players on the team were probably the most scared.

We made it around three times without anyone dropping dead of fright or even getting arrested. It really did appear she was crying and that freaked us out even more.

One of those 6' 200 lbs. meanies was practically in tears!

We made a not so quiet this time dash for the wall and our cars.

No police were waiting for us but we would never return there just the same.

I know now that it probably had something to do with the moon at just the right time coming through the trees but at the time we were not quite that smart.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:09 AM   #228
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal
After my mom passed away (on a round the world cruise) I had dreams that she was showing up at meetings and events and we would tell her she was dead and she would say no I'm not your nuts etc. (that would be normal for her). After about a week of these dreams I told my sister and it turned out she was having almost the same dreams!! We decided our mom had not accepted what had happened. After a few weeks the dreams stopped for both of us so she must of accepted that she was really dead!
It's also possible that she was trying to let you know she is "alive and well" in the afterlife, and not to feel like she had disappeared from your life forever after the passing of her physical aspect. It's just a thought I had, and I don't mean any disrespect or offense!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:09 AM   #229
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Bump
Old 04-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #230
Pearl-ExPert

I started reading this earlier today at home. I get a little creeped out at things like this, but I have to keep reading....so i brought the kids to my moms house to finish!

Anyway..This happened in High School. I was at my boyfriends house, we were sitting on the couch watching TV when we heard a ball drop from the pool table in the basement. It bounced a few times and then was quiet. BF went downstirs to check it out, got to the bottom of the stairs, reached his hand around the corner to turn on the light. Every thing went off immediately, the TV rest of the lights. He ran upstairs and everything came back on as soon as he reached the top. A few seconds later his parents bedroom door opened, no one came out. A minute later his dad came out to ask us why we opened his door. Very creepy at the time.

I did used to hear noises in the house growing up, people walking up and down the stairs, pots and pans rattling. To this day I think there are ghosts in my moms house. Her dog will stand outside the bedrooms and whine at night. She won't go down the hallway when shes acting like that.

It's funny that I had to come here to read this thread. Maybe because I wouldn't be alone. I do lie reading all the storied though.

Julie
Old 04-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #231
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I'm in the mood for some bumping.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:48 PM   #232
Die Cut Diva

Julie! That is spooooooky!

Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok...here's mine. It's about my cousin again.

So my cousin Michael died in December. And the first year he was gone on his birthday my cousin Julie (his sister) and my aunt (his mom) went to his grave to bring him flowers and balloons. My cousin, Julie, had 2 balloons...one said Happy Birthday on it, and the other one was a heart shaped balloon with "I love you" written all over it. So my cousin and aunt go to the cemetary and lay the flowers down and tied/staked the balloons into the ground.
My uncle goes there a bit later...and calls Julie. He says...I saw the flowers you put on Michael's grave and the Happy Birthday Balloon, that was nice.

So Julie says...You mean you saw both balloons right? I put two balloons.

She describes to my uncle the other balloon and he says it wasn't there.

A few hours later...(or it might have been the next day) my cousin pulls into her driveway. Guess what is stuck in her front bushes? The exact same "I Love You" balloon...deflated and tangled in the bushes.

1.) What are the chances someone in her neighborhood bought that same balloon?

2.) The cemetery is at least 15 miles east of her house.

She said it made her feel like he was telling her "Hey, I got the balloons, I love you too."

Glitter Ink
Old 04-30-2005, 04:21 PM   #234
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Wow....These have been amazing. Let's hear more.

I'll try to remember some from my Grandmother.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #235
Insane Embellisher

I've got a couple of 'em...

Warm & Fuzzy first - my grandpa had a massive heart attack about 6 years ago - shouldn't have lived. I was at the hospital with the family for a while right after he was brought in. Once he was stabilized and in ICU (still very much not out of the woods though) I went home to take care of my family for a while. I was totally panicked about losing him and crying the whole drive home. I began to pray - and almost instantly a total and complete feeling of peace came over me. And it was not from me, but completely from God. One of the greatest experiences I've ever had. BTW Grandpa is fine and dandy and doing magnificently now!

Now, a little creepy. We lived in an old farm house through high school. Lots of weird things - footsteps, lights going on and off, doors opening and closing on their own, things being left one place and found another. This wasn't too bad. But, shortly after I graduated and left home, "it" (whatever "it" was) left a nightgown on the my mother's bed for her - laid out completely. She had never seen it before and she was the only female living in the house at the time. After hearing about this I was never comfortable going upstairs where the bedrooms were again!

Downright scary! Now before I get into this. I am a Christian. I believe there are spirits (guardians?) on earth that are from God. I also believe there are spirits that are pure evil and those that invite the evil spirits into their lives scare me more than anything else! And so the story begins. We lived about 5 miles out of a piddly-dink town in the middle of the country when I was in high school. We started noticing weird things. Animals would come up missing (barn cats, pigs, chickens,etc.), then we'd find little symbols built from rocks in the driveway and yard - upside down cross in a circle. One morning we found a symbol spray painted on the front cement steps. Several days later we found one probably 4 ft in diameter spray painted on the side of the house under my bedroom. We started researching with the police department and found that some satanic cults believed it to be the "year of the virgin" and may be targetting us b/c of that (me being a young "good" girl). Another couple nights pass and I'm driving home from the grocery store I work at about 25 minutes from home. I noticed I'm being followed. ALL THE WAY HOME! When I get home I'm shaking and crying and terrified. I have to sit in the driveway and honk the horn to get my dad to come walk me in. The car that followed me home sat at the end of our driveway and did not pull away until my dad opened the front door to see what was going on. My heart is racing again now just thinking about it. That was the end of what we experienced with this. It just stopped. Could be b/c we made sure everyone knew that the sheriff's dept was patrolling and my dad was keeping watch with a gun!

Love to hear some more! Bring 'em on! (listening to 'em is far less scary than experiencing them - to me!)

Dawn
Old 04-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #236
Die Cut Diva

My grandma told me a story that her sister and brother in law experienced. The house they lived in had the spirit of a little girl. They were older and did not have any children around the house. They kept finding this little girl's comb and it would turn up in the weirdest places. Also when they would wake up in the morning they would have bobby pins in their hair. This went on for years along with other playful events.

The husband was on his death bed at home surrounded by his family and they told him to take the girl with him. After he died there was never any sign of the girl spirit and the comb also vanished!

Old 04-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #237
Pearl-ExPert

But I have a story that I have never told anyone, it is very personal, I can't believe I am even writing it out. It is one of those warm fuzzy ones (I do have another NOT warm fuzzy, but I am never going to repeat that one because I think if you talk about it it might encourage it to come back, I never speak about it and try not to even think about it)

Seven years ago this July I lost my son to a fatal heart condition. He was a week old. Of course we were devastated, nothing can prepare you for that kind of crippling loss. The night before he passed away, I was having a hard time sleeping (he died in surgery, and it was scheduled for that next morning). I was laying on the couch because my husband was snoring and I couldn't sleep. Just as I was drifting off, I could feel like there was someone standing at the opposite end of the couch. It was a very warm and comforting to have them there, and it was actually helping me relax. I heard a male voice say, "how is she doing?" and the female, who is at the foot of my couch, says, "about as well as can be expected". And then the male voice says something I can't quite understand, and I fell asleep.

I am convinced that the woman at the foot of my couch was my maternal grandmother, watching over me through the most difficult period of my life. I was the first granddaughter in 3 generations to be born into our family (hence my screen name) and I was always a bit of a favorite with my grandma. She always fussed over me and dressed me up and gave me extra little treats that my brothers didn't get (of course not in front of them). My grandma and I had a special relationship, and I always like to think that she is looking over my son wherever they are, and it is comforting to me to know that they are together there. I am the most skeptical person out there, but this was the most real thing I have ever experienced. I can guess that the male was my grandfather, but I never knew him so I don't know. I believe this to be true.

Edited to take out some not so nice comments about a certain family member...

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Old 05-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #238
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, some of these are down right frightful and others are so warm and fuzzy.

Thanks for sharing these! I am a sucker for a "ghost" story.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #239
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Someone really needs to make a book out of these. Just not me. I do good to just get here.

Bumping for more stories.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #240
Pearl-ExPert

Duffgirl- your story brought tears to my eyes! that is so touching and I am so sorry to hear about your loss!

I wish I had more stories to share, but I just don't, just the one. Guess I am boring, oh well. I am still enjoying this thread though! Keep them coming!

Susan