Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: My personal view of Diamond Head (from my backyard)
Default Bare Minerals make-up

Several friends use Bare Minerals and convinced me to give it a try. I got the starter pack and I really do like the foundation, etc. I was wondering if anyone uses any of their other products like the rev-ver upper or the night treatment. My friends only use the foundations and haven't tried the other stuff. I'm looking for opinions on it - good or bad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
Insane Embellisher

I have been using Bare Minerals for about a year and a half now and I love it. I also use their powered eye liner. It's the only stuff that stays where it is suppose to and I don't look like a racoon half way through the day. You can use it w/ a dry or wet brush, I prefer wet, it goes on easier and then I smudge it to blend it a bit so it's not such a harsh line.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I think there are a lot of threads about Bare Minerals on the Everyday ChitChat forum. I'm not a Bare Mineral user, but you might find more info there.

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

I use Aromaleigh, which is a mineral make-up as well. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried any other mineral make-ups. Is Bare Minerals the best?

For the record, I do like Aromaleigh--I like the mineral make-up better than I liked the stuff I used before.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

L'Oreal makes a mineral make up that I like about as much as the Bare Minerals. I like the container and the brush better from B.E. however.

One thing I like is that L'oreal is much much cheaper and you can find it everywhere. Walgreens sometimes has a buy one get one free.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 AM   #6
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for that info. I have been wondering when mine is gone if it is worth trying the L'oreal brand or not. I think I will now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewinkle View Post
L'Oreal makes a mineral make up that I like about as much as the Bare Minerals. I like the container and the brush better from B.E. however.

One thing I like is that L'oreal is much much cheaper and you can find it everywhere. Walgreens sometimes has a buy one get one free.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
Mad Swapper

I use Larenim which is also a talc free pure mineral line. I also use their blush and really like it, and also the eye color (which I don't wear often, but I like it when I do wear it). They have a product called Dusk-to-Dawn that sounds like your company's overnight product. I use it sometimes overnight, when my skin is getting 'hormonal' , or I've been using sunscreen, or been more active, etc. I also use it under the foundation powder. I have fair skin and I can get a base layer of the less expensive powder and then use less foundation. It also helps with smoothing my skin and pores, and oil control.
HOpe this helps.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
Die Cut Diva

I love this stuff, because I hate to apply liquid foundation and I'm young so my skin does alright with just a sheer layer of the powder. I've also tried their blush and lip gloss and love them, but in all reality I'm a minimalist when it comes to makeup. Lucky for me there's a Sephora nearby and they will make up a sample of anything they can, so I can mess around with anything I want. Playing is fun, but more than 20-30 minutes to fix my face and I lose interest, lol.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewinkle View Post

This week as a matter of fact, they are buy one get one free and there was a $2 off coupon in Sunday's coupons. I was thinking to try this too. Target also has it on sale this week for $8 I believe.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

I have the foundation and some of the eyeshadows and so far I love them. A friend keeps telling me I need to get the mineral veil to help keep everything in place down here in the Texas heat. I haven't tried it yet. I go play at Sephora or Ulta with the stuff and decide what I want there. I haven't tried any of the other brands. It's hard to find a foundation fair enough for my skin so when I do I usually stick with it.

Gallery Blog

Generosity isn't really generous if it isn't sacrificial. - Shannan Martin
Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #11
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: My personal view of Diamond Head (from my backyard)

Thanks for the replies. I got the starter kit which included the veil, so I use it. One of the reasons I went with BE is because it has sunscreen. Even though I'm inside most of the day, we have traditional fluorescent lights at school which can be just as bad for your skin as the sun. There is a Sephora here, but no Ulta, but with the sales tax it is probably just as cheap to order the stuff on-line. I like the way it feels, even after hours in the kitchen or being outside in the humidity.

pryor208 - I agree, more than a few minutes and I'm not going to put any on. In fact, my kids were shocked that I even bought make-up as I usually go w/o.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

Have you tried Everyday Minerals?

I started using it several months ago and it is sooo easy and stays on so well.

www.everydayminerals.com

They have free samples too - the samples come in tiny little containers that are a bit messy, but the real ones have nice shaker tops.

You get two foundations, two blushes, one concealer, one finishing powder and two brushes for $35. Not bad!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #13
Embossing Fanatic

I have been using Bare Minerals for about a year now. I love it. It doesn't feel heavy on my face. I have had only one problem with it. When my face would sweat, I would itch. I can on attribute this Bare Minerals because that is all that is on my face. It happens everytime I am outside in the heat. Anyone else have this problem?

Home is the best place to be. Home is where I want to be. Sometimes, it is nice to get away.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:14 AM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4me View Post
I have been using Bare Minerals for about a year now. I love it. It doesn't feel heavy on my face. I have had only one problem with it. When my face would sweat, I would itch. I can on attribute this Bare Minerals because that is all that is on my face. It happens everytime I am outside in the heat. Anyone else have this problem?
Don't use the Mineral Veil in the heat. I had that same problem and I stopped used MV in the summer, no more itching.

I love BM, I've been using them for years and years now.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #15
Die Cut Diva

Not all "mineral" makeups are equal! Many of the less expensive brands still use fillers such as talc and chemicals in them. If you are looking for true minerals-only makeups, read the labels.

I've been wearing Bare Minerals for about 2 1/2 years now & love it. My skin is much clearer (very oily, prone to breakouts) and feels better. I love the eyeshadows. The Well Rested is great for under-eye circles because it has a little more yellow in it. I got the big eyebrow kit & LOVE it! It's got a great highlighter mineral in it that's like an instant brow lift!

My itty bitty gallery
Old 09-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
neglecting the kids and housework

I use BM too but not the Warmth because I have very fair skin and rosacea and I just don't like the look for me. So if any one is interested I have a full, untouched, unopened container. It's yours, just pm me.