Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Falliday Fest Archives (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/falliday-fest-archives-443/)
-   -   FF16UnderstandblueA Chatter Thread (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/falliday-fest-archives-443/ff16understandbluea-chatter-thread-613468/)

UnderstandBlue 09-14-2016 12:39 PM

FF16UnderstandblueA Chatter Thread

12 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Start Spreadin' The News

Hostess: UnderstandBlue (Lydia)

Keyword: FF16UnderstandBlueA

Date: Sunday, October 9th

WHEEE! Welcome to the first Falliday Fest! We have some very exciting things lined up for you during this event, so have fun and be inspired!

I was born in upstate New York and also went to college there. And while I don't miss the snow and grey skies, I do miss the vivid painted landscapes of fall and the excitement of "the capitol of the world" - New York. So today's challenge is really a tribute to those two things.

Your assignment is to make a card with the brilliant colors of a New York fall AND with print - newsprint, book pages, or text. I've attached some fall foliage inspiration photos as well as the beautiful samples my co-hosts have made.

So go on and start spreadin' the news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1zK8AaHic

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE

View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives.

Thank you for participating in these card drives!

I'm Lydia.

annsforte3 10-09-2016 05:19 AM

Good morning, Lydia!!

Off to a fantastic start!

va.sunshine 10-09-2016 05:33 AM

awesome challenge and amazing inspiration.....hope to see new york city and ground zero one day!

naturecoastcrafter 10-09-2016 05:55 AM

Wheeeeeeeee! Here we go. I have been anticipating this day with childlike abandon! Great challenge. Thanks for all you have done to get this underway, Lydia!

muscrat 10-09-2016 07:30 AM

Lydia, in your first post, the keyword doesn't have an A....just saying in case some copies and pastes from there.

TexasGrammy 10-09-2016 08:45 AM

So So Tickled to see this grand opening of the Falliday Fest!
Splendid & fresh idea for a fabulous period of creative sharing with our awesome SCS community!
Well done, m'lady!

dini 10-09-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21336286)
Lydia, in your first post, the keyword doesn't have an A....just saying in case some copies and pastes from there.

Got it, thank you!

kyann22 10-09-2016 10:32 AM

I'm crafty challenged today, but the third time was the charm! :)

FF16UnderstandBlueA Lace Leaf by kyann22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muscrat 10-09-2016 11:30 AM

I had some perfect DSP to stamp on! I cut it in a strategic place in order to pull in the variety of colors.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=241587

peeps321 10-09-2016 11:49 AM

Here's mine..I love using old books..this one is from an old German book

Dreaming of Fall

Scraperwannabe 10-09-2016 12:00 PM

I used TexasGrammy's set & the mojo from her studio to make this card!! :lol:

FF16UnderstandblueA Hello Fall by Scraperwannabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MommaPatti 10-09-2016 12:36 PM

I'm a simple stamper. Here's my card for the challenge:
http://images.splitcoaststampers.com...?ts=1476044494

luvtostampstampstamp 10-09-2016 12:36 PM

Awesome...NY, my home state! I have a new stamp set that will be just perfect for this! :). And my mind is def. back in NY right now where my MIL still lives...she almost died last night with Congestive Heart Failure, but the news this morning was much more positive, so we hope. So making this card will be very therapeutic for me.

Crafty Julia 10-09-2016 01:12 PM

FF16UnderstandBlueA Fall Leaves

Lydia- awesome challenge! I love fall leaves, and I had fun adding Snoopy and Woodstock, enjoying their leaf pile, with New York in the background. Added some text on my fall tag, along with lots of die cut leaves! Here's Fall Leaves

sleepyinseattle 10-09-2016 02:39 PM

Lydia, I didn't know you were from NY. I'm from NJ and miss the beautiful change of season there, I'll bet it was just glorious in upstate NY. This card will go to one of my sisters somewhere on the East Coast, either Jersey, Florida, or Georgia!

FF16UnderstandblueA Autumn in Seattle by sleepyinseattle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

casep 10-09-2016 04:03 PM

I decided to try using spray starch with my Brushos because I saw a video that did that. I like the results. Thanks, Lydia! FF16UnderstandBlueA Fall Colors by casep - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 10-09-2016 05:09 PM

Here is one from me FF16UnderstandblueA Welcome Fall by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LizBeth1976 10-09-2016 06:10 PM

Here is my card for this challenge: A Wish For You for FF16UnderstandBlueA challenge by LizBeth1976 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Such a fun challenge! I love working with fall colors for cards! Fortunately my craft room is still adrift with fall-colored cardstock, because I'm finishing up my Halloween cards! :-)

Shirleysgirl 10-09-2016 06:25 PM

First card for first Falliday Ever

Love By definition by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gl1253 10-09-2016 06:36 PM

What a fun challenge to kick of Falliday Fest! I am so sad that I won't be able to finish all of the challenges this year, as I have an international trip planned during this time. I actually planned it around HYCCT time schedule and didn't find out about Falliday Fest until the tour was booked. Oh well. I'll play as long as I can...

Here's my card:
New York Fall by gl1253 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Covington Crafter 10-09-2016 08:34 PM

Thanks for the challenge, Lydia. New England in the fall is on my travel wish list. Here's my card FF16UnderstandblueA Life is Good. TFL

cindy_canada 10-09-2016 09:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm so stoked for Falliday Fest! I was up early this morning and couldn't wait to check out the challenges. Played with all three and this is my favorite of the bunch:

A Blessing to Have You

Thanks for the inspiration!
Cindy

etsdas 10-10-2016 03:54 AM

I have a pretty good start - as a bonus I re-discovered a leafy stamp that I had purchased at a yard sale!
FF16UnderstandBlueA - Leafy News by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 10-10-2016 05:44 AM

I reckon my copper ornaments for Judy's TLC challenge are pretty good rich fall colours! FF16UnderstandBlueA Copper Ornaments. With more time I'd have gessoed a book page to use, but Monday is always a busy day here so I took a cheater's option and used DP featuring newsprint.

asweetjewel 10-10-2016 05:54 AM

Such gorgeous samples, thank you for the challenge, Lydia! Here is my Best Day.

UnderstandBlue 10-10-2016 08:42 AM

Your samples are all gorgeous!!!

c-mouse 10-10-2016 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
finished Lydia's challenge to Spread the News. Picked leaves on morning walk at the zoo, inked the backs and used brayer to create images on the text paper. This was fun and now on to the next one.

stampscout 10-10-2016 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's been so long, I'm not sure I remember how to comment and link to a card But here's my card for Lydia's super fun challenge. It wasn't until I came to upload the card that I saw we were to use text or DSP so I tried to punt. That didn't turn out so well. :rolleyes: Will try to get another project done and loaded.

[URL="//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2755747?&cat=500&ppuser=37744"]

tigerlily55 10-10-2016 09:57 AM

FF16UnderstandBlueA

Here is my submission for Lydia. Had to refigure my computer browser to upload but it finally works! Sort of a Grandma Moses feel to it but it's done.

muzbysmom 10-10-2016 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my card for Start Spreading the News

Lynn's FF16UnderstandblueA Start Spreading the News Card by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

luvtostampstampstamp 10-10-2016 11:07 AM

Here's mine,
FF16UnderstandBlueA: New York State of Mind by luvtostampstampstamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cnsteele 10-10-2016 11:35 AM

Blessed

Wdoherty 10-10-2016 02:25 PM

I live in central NY and the fall colors were beautiful this weekend. Here is my card for Lydia's challenge: Floral Newsprint

Soozie4Him 10-10-2016 02:53 PM

Okay, here I took a PICTURE of my card with my phone, uploaded it, but not to the Falliday Fest Gallery!! I went to edit picture, but it didn't let me change the gallery. Can anyone tell me how to change it?

Give Thanks for Vintage Leaves! by Soozie4Him - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks in advance!!! :-) I'm a old-timer here on SCS, but relatively new to uploading for challenges. :-)

And here I thought if I would have the keyword correct, it was all good! :-(

Edited to add: Bev/TexasGrammy helped me out and I was able to change the Gallery for my card! Thanks, Bev!! :-)

terry serman 10-10-2016 03:12 PM

Here's mine:
FF16UnderstandBlueA NY Fall by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

catcrazy 10-10-2016 05:53 PM

Fun challenge!! Here is my card, Newsprint Thanks!

sunstamper 10-10-2016 08:29 PM

Here's my Floral Asian Printcard. Thanks for a great challenge. I always love an opportunity to use book pages in my crafts.

germanstampler 10-10-2016 09:49 PM

Thanks Lydia for a great Challenge Start. Here is my Card for your Challenge:

Bountiful

I�ve used material from the Papertrey Ink Make it Market Mini Kit : Colorpop Autumn. Love it ;)

stamp300 10-10-2016 10:52 PM

FF16UnderstandblueA Thinking of You by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm back & I'm hoping to complete all the challenges, life has been busy. :)

LuvLee 10-11-2016 08:56 AM

FF16UnderstandBlueA NY Fall by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I was humming a classic Billy Joel song in my head making this card!!