Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:43 AM   #1201
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone! Yes, I have not posted here in quite a while. I haven't even created pages for my own challenge but have continued to write the devotions for you because that is what God calls me to do.

My husband has been very ill and in the hospital. I have barely kept my head above water. He just returned to work 2 days ago, and I now am trying to get myself out of the zillions of piles I have. It will be a couple of months before he is back 100% so I will still not have the time I have had before to post challenges in multiple places. Thus all future challenges will be posted on my blog. God has called me to share these challenges, I love doing them, but I also have to have the time for my family right now.

Here are the challenges you are missing:
Challenge 23: Banner
Challenge 24: Provider

And I have announced my Scripture Challenge 2 for 2010. You can see all of the details here. I hope you will join in on the fun, and I pray you can understand and forgive my absence! Blessings,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #1202
Die Cut Diva

Good to see you back Patter - praying that your husbands recovery defies the odds and is a testimony to God's faithfulness in speed and in complete-ness.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #1203
Crimping Master

Patter, sorry to hear about your husband. It is completely understandable that you can't be everywhere at once! We'll be praying for your husband's complete recovery and for your family in this stressful time.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #1204
Crimping Master

Default Provider

here is my Provider page. Amazing that it's done before the next one!!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #1205
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

I'm so sorry Patter but glad to hear that your DH is on the mend - you are so dedicated to keep this program going even with so little time on your hands.... I greatly appreciate your dedication to this ministry.

I'm two attributes behind (again!) but will catch up I know! and the year is almost over - wow - where does the time go?! I have truly enjoyed this program this year and I thank you for running it for us!

I will keep your family in my prayers.
On Design Teams for Eileen Hull's Sizzix Dies, A Vintage Journey , CAS Stencil Card Challenge
Old 12-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #1206
Pearl-ExPert

Good Sunday evening, everyone. I just finished my Banner page but I have to find the software for my camera as the program didn't get reloaded after our hard drive crashed awhile back. When I get that figured out, I'll post my page.
This study is such a good reminder that God is the One who brings us victory over the battles we struggle with on this earth...all kinds of battles against the enemy and the flesh.
Now I am starting on Provider and I see there are so many directions to go with this one since God does provide EVERYTHING in every way....spiritually, physically, emotionally, etc. etc.! What a blessing this study continues to be as we learn or are reminded about what a great God we serve!!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #1207
Embossing Fanatic

Default HHN09

Patter, glad you are back - sorry to hear about your hubby.
The extended illness of a family member certainly affects the entire household as well I know. My grandson, Logan and I are still in recovery mode from my illness. But God will prevail and the power of prayer from Christian "sisters" is with your family for a complete healing physically and spiritually. Try not to overdo at this glorious season of celebrating the birth of the King.
Love in Christ - Teresa
Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #1208
Pearl-ExPert

I've been busy studying the names I've needed to catch up on. Here is my page for Banner:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=214241
Here is my page for Provider: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=214241
My dd is waiting for me to watch The Nativity with her so I'll let you read the comments I added to the pages in my gallery.
God bless everyone!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER

Last edited by gwendolyn46; 12-10-2009 at 07:43 AM..
Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 AM   #1209
Gallery Gazer

Hi everyone - I popped across to find out exactly how many I was behind when I noticed this weeks is not up - so have copied from Patter's Blog:

His Holy Name {Challenge 25, Messiah}

God’s Attribute: Jesus is the Messiah. Dr. Henrietta C. Mears explains Messiah as “The Savior whom God promised to send. Jesus is the Messiah. In Hebrew, Messiah means ‘the Anointed One’. In Greek, the word for Anointed One is ‘Christos’. Christ is the name used in the New Testament to show Jesus is the Savior.”

How does this affect my daily life? Who is Jesus to you? He is the cute little baby you put out with your nativity set each year? Or do you truly look at Him as God’s promised Messiah that would save the world from their sins? Matthew wrote the Gospel of Matthew to show that Jesus is the promised Jewish Messiah. Matthew 1:21 says “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.”

Jesus’ work on the Cross demands a response from us as believers. At the moment Jesus gave up His spirit, even the temple and the earth responded to His work on the Cross. Matthew 27:50-51 says “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He gave up His spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.” How do you respond to the Messiah’s work on the Cross?

As believers, we are also to prepare others to see Christ. How are you sharing Christ the Messiah with others? Do you use every opportunity to share Him? During this season of Christmas, it is the perfect time to give others the gift of the Messiah. Will you share Him today? How about inviting them to your church or a Bible study you attend?

For my page this week, I wanted to use the color red denoting His work on the Cross and the color of the Christmas season. The photo corners were created using one of the new stamps from the Layers of Color Touch of Elegance set. The stamp is actually a square that I cut in half after embossing. I then sponged the edges of each photo corner.Papers: Webster's Pages 6x6 collection pack, Paper Trey Ink
Stamps: Layers of Color Touch of Elegance
Stamp Ink: SU ruby red & so saffron, VersaMark, Ranger clear EP
Embellishments: Scenic Route alpha stickers, misc. twine, Creative Café button, Jillibean Soup bean seeds (felt flowers), Robin's Nest dew drops, misc. ric rac

The verses I used this week were:
John 1:41b-42 ". . . We have found the Messiah (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus."

Remember to use Keyword HHN09 when posting in online galleries, and to chat about the challenge, join us in this thread here on Splitcoaststampers. And if you missed my announcement about the 2010 study I will be hosting, please make sure you see my post here. And don't forget out the {Faith Journaling} Challenge. We have only completed 3 entries, so jump in with us. You can find the details here! I hope you will join us! Now go out and share the blessed Messiah! In Him,

You can find the photos on Patter's Blog

Hope it is okay that I do this - I have now seen that I have 3 to catch up on...sigh! LOL!

Catch you all soon!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #1210
Pearl-ExPert

You can do it, Linda! I was three behind until these last couple days when I had time to play catch up!! Now to study for the Messiah page. I love that you chose this name at Christmas-time, Patter!
I want to encourage anyone else who is behind to join in again with this study even if you don't have the others finished. Would just be fun to see how many different Messiah cards/pages we can make before Christmas because it is such a good challenge to share our Messiah with others and we can do that simply by posting our creations where others can see them!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #1211
Stazon Splitcoast

oh I missed this thread, starting in the beginning and stopped, new year will start again
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #1212
Gallery Gazer

Hello ladies - Martha welcome back - we look forward to seeing you doing the HHN study nexy year - I am always a bit behind but am grateful to be able to it at my own rate which is always effected by commitments and circumstances...I am happy to say that here is another attribute completed -PROVUDER you can find it here on my Blog and I will link it to SCS a bit later this morning!! God bless you all...I am slowly working my way across to your projects - see you soon! {{{hugs}}}

Thanks Gwen for your encouragement!!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #1213
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everyone,

I have finally gotten caught up, well I think I'm caught up. Here are my last three pages: banner, provider, messiah

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=201319

I have really enjoyed this challenge and hope to join again this coming year. I like studying the word and using my hobby to illustrate what I've studied and learned.

Thanks Patter for organizing this. I hope everyone has a Christ-centered Christmas.

blessings, shelia
Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #1214
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Linda View Post
Hello ladies - Martha welcome back - we look forward to seeing you doing the HHN study nexy year - I am always a bit behind but am grateful to be able to it at my own rate which is always effected by commitments and circumstances...I am happy to say that here is another attribute completed -PROVUDER you can find it here on my Blog and I will link it to SCS a bit later this morning!! God bless you all...I am slowly working my way across to your projects - see you soon! {{{hugs}}}

Thanks Gwen for your encouragement!!
Hi Linda, I really like your provider page. The butterflies are a great symbol to illustrate provider. great colors too. Trust you are doing well. shelia
Old 12-17-2009, 06:01 AM   #1215
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendolyn46 View Post
Here is my Peace page. It just all came together last night once the idea popped into my head. The prophecy about Jesus being the Prince of Peace and the Alpine Frost goodies I had won were the perfect combination so I went with a bit of a Christmas-y theme. We all long for peace in this very broken world, so thankful for the peace that passes understanding that comes with relying on God!!
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....-is-peace.html
Hi Gwen, I'm going through the gallery looking at pages I've missed in the past several weeks. Your Peace page is gorgeous. I love how you framed your scripture. Beautiful colors and layout. Great job on the challenge. blessings, shelia
Old 12-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #1216
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Linda View Post
Hello ladies - don't faint from the shock but I have actually strated catching up on the studies - as we all know times just flies. Here is my card for BREAD of LIFE or you can find it on SCS

I prayed and asked God to help me get things in order so I could get these studies happening, as faith based cards are my passion and then Laura from Layers of Color (I am on the Design Team along with Patter) announced she was starting Faith Friday on the Layers of Color Blog, so I am going to do my HHN cards for that - pop over and check it out if you get the opportunity - Laura shares from the heart, along with her fabulous gift of art!! God bless you ladies and see you again real soon - I am looking forward to going through your galleries and being inspired by YOUR faith art!!

Maxine - you are a blessing cutting and pasting the study here!! God bless you sister! {{{hugs}}}

Hi Linda, I'm going through the gallery this morning looking at pages I've missed these last few weeks. I just saw your Bread of Life page and wow!!! I absolutely love it. You chose a fantastic verse to illustrate this quality of our Lord. I love how you used breads and flowers to illustrate your page. You've created another work of art. I so love looking at your creations and reading what you share. Trust you are well. Have a blessed Christmas. shelia
Old 12-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #1217
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my page for Messiah:
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....9-messiah.html
This was one of the hardest ones for me to make, not sure why, just so many facets to our God!!
Happy to see the new study on Immanuel! Merry Christmas week, everyone!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 12-24-2009, 05:23 AM   #1218
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendolyn46 View Post
Here is my page for Messiah:
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....9-messiah.html
This was one of the hardest ones for me to make, not sure why, just so many facets to our God!!
Happy to see the new study on Immanuel! Merry Christmas week, everyone!
Hi Gwen, I just saw your Messiah page. It is beautiful! I love the stamp you used and the message of this page is perfect. Great job on the challenge. Have a blessed Christmas as you celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus. Merry Christmas. shelia
Old 12-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #1219
Pearl-ExPert

This is from Patter's email that came on 12/20. I see no one posted it here yet:
His Holy Name Challenge 26 Immanuel

I cannot believe today is our last study for the His Holy Name challenge. I pray you have enjoyed each and every study, and most of all, I pray you have grown in your knowledge of our precious Lord! Let's look at today's study.

God’s Attribute: Jesus is Immanuel—God with us. Matthew 1:22-23 says “All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: ‘The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel’—which means, ‘God with us.’”

How does this affect my daily life? Do you know people around you that are lonely or suffering? Or maybe you yourself feel that way. Do you feel like God has abandoned you in the midst of your struggles? Well, God never leaves us. He is always with you, and He is always with me. We are the ones that don’t look for Him, or we walk away, or we say we are too busy for Him. As believers, we can know with confidence that He is with us. He is Immanuel. Mary Foxwell Loeks said “It is because of the death and resurrection of the Immanuel that we can know God is with us.” What a comforting thought and a promise we can count on.

The book of Matthew starts with Immanuel, God with us in Matthew 1:22-23, and it ends with the promise that He will always be with us. Matthew 28:20b says “. . .surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” We can count on His promise and know that He is with us in our joys, our sorrows, our busy times, our successes, failures, etc. Will you go to Him in all things knowing He is there waiting for you? Will you share Immanuel, God with us with those around you?

Ann Spangler says “Today let us ask for the grace to make Immanuel known to allow His light and His life to shine through us.” And what a great time of year to share His light! Last night as our pastor gave his sermon, he suggested that as we stand in a line of frustrated people or people in a hurry, offer to let someone go in front of you or even go to the back of the line. What a great way to shine our Immanuel to those around us.

As I studied for today’s post, I came across a prayer called “St. Patrick’s Breastplate.” It is rather lengthy so I will only share my favorite part with you. St. Patrick wrote this prayer to strengthen himself with God's protection as he prepared to confront and convert Loegaire, high king of Ireland. Here is part of the prayer:

Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ in me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

I thought this particular part of the prayer was so beautiful and so appropriate for our study today. If you would like to see the rest of this prayer, just do a google search on “St. Patrick’s Breastplate.” You should get a lot of hits.

The scriptures I chose were:
Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Matthew 28:20b ". . . surely I am with you always. . ."

And I used part of Matthew 1:23 to create my title "Immanuel, God with us."

Her Immanuel page is on her blog here:
http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...-immanuel.html

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 12-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #1220
Pearl-ExPert

Finally got my Messiah page posted in my gallery here:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...4526?&cat=3594

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 12-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #1221
Pearl-ExPert

I got my Immanuel page done today but ran out of daylight to take a picture. It was my personal goal to finish before the end of the year, so I had to push myself this afternoon! I'll try to get it posted tomorrow.
Happy New Year, everyone, I've really enjoyed this study throughout '09 and pray God's blessings on you all in 2010!!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #1222
Die Cut Diva

Well done Gwen - I seem to have run out of mojo ... I will finish the final three - just don't know when!!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #1223
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my Immanuel page:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...7763?&cat=3594
I have so enjoyed this study, I'll be sure to stop by the Gallery in 2010 to see new projects you ladies make!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #1224
Rubber Obsessor

Default righteous, creator and almighty pages

i uploaded three more pages to my gallery they are for righteous, creator, and almighty. come check them up i know that year is done but i am attempting to catch up from where i left off. happy new year.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #1225
Die Cut Diva

Hi catielady - nice to see you back I am also behind, so you are not on your own
Old 01-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #1226
Pearl-ExPert

So will you be starting a new thread for the Scripture Challenge 2 for 2010? Just want to keep up this year!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #1227
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
So will you be starting a new thread for the Scripture Challenge 2 for 2010? Just want to keep up this year!
Hey Leslie! I will be posting my pages in the gallery but the studies will only be on my blog this year. It takes a lot of extra work to post it her and do links, etc. God has called me to several things this year, and I really need to save time where I can. But they are always on my blog.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #1228
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Leslie and all, the new challenge is up. You can find it here, and remember, you can find all of the new challenges every other week here. Have a blessed study in 2010!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #1229
Pearl-ExPert

One more post here!! I forgot I hadn't made a front page for my HHN09 album until Patter mentioned making one for the Scripture Challenge! So check it out on my blog:
http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot....ront-page.html
Have a great week!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER