Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #201  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwilliams6View Post
Hello BAJ friends,

Welcome Lois and Faye - so glad to see you have found your way to us!

A friend at work gave me a Journaling Bible for birthday a few years ago. She had been reading up on them, had bought hundreds of dollars of supplies (maybe a thousand she thinks), and watched hundreds of videos. Her plans were to start a BAJ class at her church, and she wanted me to get into it as well. I had never heard of Bible Journaling. The funny thing is I didn't mention my new Bible to my family, but a few days later, my daughter told me she had purchased a BAJ class for me for my birthday. Her MIL plus my other daughter were going as well. That first class, our instructor told us that before we even started doing the first thing in our bibles, we had to make a page that would go right into the first page of our bibles with washi tape. It was a list of what our Journaling was for and what it was not for (we could put anything on our list but we needed to put a lot of things on it until we ran out of ideas). She said to read it periodically to make sure we were following it.

I knew immediately that I needed to write that my Journaling Bible was not an excuse to buy a bunch more supplies but to find ways to use the bunches of supplies I already had (giving them new life and new justification). I also knew immediately that I needed to write it was for encouraging me and others, but not for stressing or being a perfectionist about.

So those words helped me jump right in and to post a lot of my pages as they never seem good enough to share to me (because I hate my handwriting mostly and because most times I jump right and don't plan the page well). So a few years later I have hundreds of pages done. I lead a BAJ class at 2 churches. My perfectionist friend who gave me the Bible still hasn't started her first page or her class. We always say God gave her the desire so she could get me started. I say all this (sorry about the rambling) to encourage a few of you not to worry about what your page looks like or that it isn't what you want it to be or that you don't have time or the right supplies. Jump in! Share! Don't worry! Everyone will love your pages. If they don't love your illustration or handwriting, they will love your scripture that you focused on. You will be sharing the most important things you can share - God's word and your heart.

Faye, I love your page! Lois, I am going to go check out yours. Jeanette thanks for that acrylic paint tip. Julie, you have a lot going on - I hope you sell your house soon!

Hugz!

Well, I jumped in! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #202  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nancy, I love your post about your Bible art journaling journey! I sometimes struggle with perfectionistic expectations, but am really working on letting that go. I read about your teaching BAJ in your church. Would you be willing to share some of your teaching tips and ideas? I would love to start one at my church, and don't know where to begin. What works and what doesn't..ideas? Thanks so much.

My blog

My YouTube Channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #203  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi all. I've been mia for much of the summer. Now that fall is here, it's back to routine and I hope to be present much more frequently! I worked on a BAJ page today. Not much in the art category, but the journaling was my focus. I spent a good part of the afternoon on this selection. It was productive and a real blessing. Wish I could always spend that kind of time studying and reading, and arting!

BAJ18 Mark 8:27-35 by JustCallMeNana - at Splitcoaststampers

My blog

My YouTube Channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2018, 03:04 AM   #204  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,947 Likes on 3,840 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Bible Journalers!

Sharon, I love that your BAJ pages are mostly your words/thoughts! I wish I was brave enough to do that and admire those of you who do. Truthfully, I hate my handwriting so that stops me dead in my tracks... I guess I also fear what others would think of what I'd write.

So please keep writing... and I'll keep admiring!
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #205  
Crimping Master

Default More to share

Last weekend I was at a crafter's weekend at a church near my home (not my home church but a good place to fellowship). I had a chance to just chill and did several new pages in my journaling Bible. I hope to load them tonight or tomorrow. Sharon and Lynda, welcome! Hopefully I will have time to check out your galleries while my pages are uploading!
Malachi 3:10 "See if I will not throw open the floodgates of heavenand pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it"

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 03:28 AM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lois, I'm you had a great time at the crafter's weekend... and how productive you were. It sounds fun!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2018, 04:51 AM   #207  
Crimping Master

Silly me. I promised to share some new BAJ pages but forgot that my computer was going to the shop for an update. :( It's not back yet; but I have the photos ready to upload whenever I can. In the meantime, have a blessed day!
Malachi 3:10 "See if I will not throw open the floodgates of heavenand pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it"

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2018, 05:34 AM   #208  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Lois... I'd been wondering about your pictures. Now I know. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2018, 06:25 AM   #209  
Crimping Master

One week later, and still no new posts to my gallery. :( But the good news is the computer is back, along with a brand new laptop, and I am ready to post now. Going to visit our new Hobby Lobby store tonight, so maybe tomorrow will be upload day! Have a great week, everyone!

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 03:03 AM   #210  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lois, YAY! You'll be posting like crazy now that you're all set up again!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2018, 07:53 AM   #211  
Crimping Master

So much for posting like crazy... something is wrong and I can't complete an upload. I've sent for help so now it's just a matter of waiting for replies and continuing to troubleshoot.

On the other front, I have my second doctor app't today on the way to determining whether I have Parkinson's disease or whether it's medication-induced parkinsonism. Not that I see much difference in the two. I am really blue today; can't seem to stop crying. I have never been so much at a loss as to what to do. Praying helps, but I'm having a hard time with that too. I told my friends at work to pray diligently to fill in the gaps. I would definitely appreciate the same from my friends here at SCS.

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #212  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Bible Journalers... hope you're having a good day!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #213  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSnowView Post
So much for posting like crazy... something is wrong and I can't complete an upload. I've sent for help so now it's just a matter of waiting for replies and continuing to troubleshoot.

On the other front, I have my second doctor app't today on the way to determining whether I have Parkinson's disease or whether it's medication-induced parkinsonism. Not that I see much difference in the two. I am really blue today; can't seem to stop crying. I have never been so much at a loss as to what to do. Praying helps, but I'm having a hard time with that too. I told my friends at work to pray diligently to fill in the gaps. I would definitely appreciate the same from my friends here at SCS.

Just read this, and praying for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #214  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Quote:

Wow, just saw this as well...will be praying, sweet friend! Will be praying that if it is medicine induced that they can change your medication to help, and if not, I have a close friend that has had Parkinsons for years- it is amazing at the advances in medication and treatment. Not to minimize the shock of this prognosis by any means but to encourage you... Thankfully we know the One that is in control- hugs and may the Lord give you peace that surpasses all understanding...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #215  

Hi my dear Sweet Sisters (and Brothers, if any are here) in Christ!!

For October, the theme will be the Feasts/Offerings or Harvest.

I know that most of the feasts/offerings are located in the OT but there are a few verses in the NT and of course, Harvest can mean several different things...I think of the actual harvest but also Matthew 9:37 "Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few;" (ESV)

A bit different theme but I am looking forward to seeing where this takes each of you in your journaling this month.

Now in addition to my Journaling Bibles (I have several but still need to get started in the artwork portion...maybe I am like one of the friends described in this forum earlier...too perfectionistic to start)? Personally, I do not feel that is the issue- mainly finding a quiet space without distraction and time to be able to spread out a bit and reflect...

I am studying God's Word for sure with Ladies Bible Studies on Monday eve (we are in the book of Ecclesiastes), our Small Group is doing Daniel as well as our Sunday ABE class at church and a new series on Galations in church and also, I recently purchased a few Journibles. Have you heard of these yet?

I found them online at CBD (Christian Book Distributors)- Journible - they are hard cover journals with lined papers for you to handwrite the Scriptures and each Scripture page has an opposite page for your own personal reflection. I have just started writing Galations and have not had a chance to work on the reflection portion yet. I am thinking that I may also use this journal for a bit of BAJ as well (need to test the paper but it seems heavier than Bible pages). It appears as though all of the NT is available as a Journible and also portions of the OT (I also bought Psalms- 2 volume). They run about $10 which isn't bad for a hard cover journal. Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, but I am excited to find this (new to me) way of spending time in God's Word!

I will be praying that you have a wonderful October and personal time of reflection on God's faithfulness and goodness to all of us- hugs and God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #216  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Julie's post needed an enabler alert! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #217  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Julie, your theme for October will make me think, which is not a bad thing. I will be interested to see what direction God takes me with it!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #218  
Crimping Master

So here we are half way through October already. I've had a roller coaster few weeks and part of it fits right in to the October journaling theme. We had an amazing sermon the first Sunday of Oct on Yom Kippur and how it foreshadows the work of Jesus on the cross. Then we had communion - very moving and heart-cleansing.

Between then and now, our washing machine broke and we had to buy a new one, DH found the truck he's been looking for and we also bought that, and in the middle of all that (I had to make the financial arrangements for both purchases) I got the word from the neurologist that I definitely do have Parkinsons Disease.

I spent a lot of time talking: to the Lord, my husband, my boss, my HR department, my financial advisor...and the end result is that I have left work on Short Term Disability and that will eventually turn into retirement. I'm a bit distraught but at the same time I know I am in the Lord's care.

I have started on some new meds and they seem to be helping with the physical symptoms but the worst of them is the nighttime tremors and jolts whenever I try to move - awake or asleep. They are painful and disturb my sleep and the med we started doesn't seem to have any effect on them. I also am troubled by a total lack of energy. When I can build up enough energy to get something accomplished, I don't have the desire to do it. I know there's a long road ahead.

I am glad for this group even though I've only just found you all; I appreciate being able to share here. I promise some of this will land in my journal and eventually you will see more pages. I just heard from Lydia with some ideas to try so that I can post again.

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #219  
Crimping Master

Default Thank You, Lydia!

Lydia sent me an easy fix to try and it worked, so I can finally upload again. I added four new pages to my gallery this evening. Here are the links:

BAJ18 Restore the JOY by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers
BAJ18 that wise old owl by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers
BAJ18 So Much Blessing! by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers
BAJ18 Mr. Monopoly by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers

It feels really good to be sharing again. Thanks for checking these out!

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2018, 03:37 AM   #220  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Bible Journalers! I'm home from my nearly week-long trip... it was a good one!

Lois, I am sorry to read your post... so much going on and then to deal with the health crisis, too. I'm praying for you! and sending lots and lots of gentle hugs, too!
Your BAJ pages are awesome!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 03:56 AM   #221  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Arrow Jeanette's Harvest BAJ page

Disclaimer here... before you read further, I must warn you. I failed miserably with this month's entry. UGH! I love the Harvest theme... but I hate my page. (You can read the details of my thought processes on my blog if you're interested in knowing.)

Harvest Prayers by Forest Ranger - at Splitcoaststampers

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy: Praying for the Harvest

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 05:09 AM   #222  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lois, praying for you. Great pages, BTW
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #223  
Crimping Master

I'm sorry, friends. Once again I am having trouble uploading images. I will keep trying. I have an ugly, I-don't-like-it page to share. (Jeanette, the contest is on!) And a few others. I will post them as soon as I figure out what's going on. Yuck - techie stuff! :mad:

I want to thank all of you for your prayers. I have a feeling that this Parkinson's disease will be a long and challenging journey. In prayer and talking with my pastor, here is what I have determined: I do not want sympathy or pity. I do not want long dissertations about symptoms and neighbors and others with the disease. What I want is encouragement, support, and an occasional unsolicited offer of help. (Something like "let me go get your groceries this week. Give me your list.")

I know you all can't do much about the last part, but I definitely know you are are prayer warriors, and I wanted you to have some specifics to help you pray better. I am hanging on for dear life to two scriptures: Deuteronomy 33:17 and Psalm 30, specifically verse 5 but in reality the whole Psalm.

Thanks again, friends!

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 06:10 AM   #224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Sharon!

Hi Lois! I think what you want is totally on target! And yes... count on me as a prayer warrior. BTW, I love your fiesty personality - telling me the contest is on. For now I'm winning. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 07:26 AM   #225  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette and Lois, thank you for brightening my day with your contest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #226  
Crimping Master

Well, I suppose anyone is welcome and qualified to join the "I don't like it" contest. I'm sure we've all done pages we don't really like. It's just that the timing was exactly right for Jeanette and me - both having just completed pages that fit that theme.

So go ahead, ladies, post those "I don't like it" pages and let the fun begin!

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #227  
Crimping Master

So here's a teaser for you all, especially Jeanette. I still can't figure out why my "ugly" page won't post, but I was able to get a few others to upload. Here's what I have for you today:

BAJ18 Answer 1 to the Ugly Page by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers

BAJ18 Answer 2 to the Ugly Page by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers

BAJ18 I Will Not Be Silent by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers

I am going to go back to the beginning and take new pictures of the OT page that goes with these. I'll try uploading the new version and see what happens. It's the "I don't like it" page. Maybe SCS doesn't like it either???

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2018, 04:46 PM   #228  
Crimping Master

Sorry to be hogging the board...I finally got a piece of the "ugly" page to load. The other side is very similar, except it says "Yom Kippur". Here it is, echoing Jeanette's disclaimer: I don't like it.

BAJ18 I Don't Like It by SilverSnow - at Splitcoaststampers

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 03:36 AM   #229  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Awesome pages, Lois!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 03:38 AM   #230  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

So here's a teaser for you all, especially Jeanette. I still can't figure out why my "ugly" page won't post.

I'm not stepping down in the ugly page contest yet.... but I must say I giggled that even SCS wouldn't let you post the picture. LOL!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 04:53 AM   #231  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I'm sure at some point if you ladies post enough BAJ pages I will be brave enough to try another page...I have ideas when I'm reading scripture but there is nothing in me that is ready to put the sealer coat on the page! :oops:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 04:53 AM   #232  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You can do it, Faye... just jump in!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2018, 05:33 AM   #233  
Crimping Master

I agree with Jeanette, Faye. I think everyone who does Bible journaling has the same reluctance at first. There's something in us that says we shouldn't be marking up our Bibles. But look at this BAJ gallery and all the beautiful things people have found and documented with some type of artistic journaling. Then go to one of those scriptures that give you ideas and jump in! Don't forget that God created us to respond to Him and his gifts. When you find something important enough to document it, God is pleased.

I joined the Fan Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2018, 04:52 AM   #234  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Fellow Bible Journalers.

I don't usually get on SCS on Sundays, but I had to this morning to wish Sharon a...

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #235  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

My goodness, Jeanette! Thank you! I really love the fireworks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2018, 02:33 AM   #236  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, I'm glad you liked the fireworks... I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 02:28 AM   #237  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So excited... we'll get our November theme soon. ;)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 05:02 AM   #238  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Hi ladies! I haven’t participated (yet) but wanted to thank you all for being so inspiring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 07:03 AM   #239  

Good Morning, sweet Sisters (and Brothers) in Christ!! I must apologize for not posting this sooner as well as not responding to your wonderful conversations, I am still having issues receiving updates from this forum.

I have to dash out to a doctor's appt. today but will review your pages (and BTW, they are not ugly...there is no ugly in BAJ, just worship! :-))

The theme for the month of November will be Life Everlasting or Everlasting Life, Eternal Life .

I am so thankful to know that with Christ, we will have Eternal Life in Heaven and am praying for many of my non-believing family and friends. For many non-believers, this is a subject that they do not want to hear but we know what the Bible says about eternal life....

"He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36 NKJV

Praying for all of you as I read your posts and I look forward to seeing how you are able to worship through BAJ this month!

Also, please do not forget:

We have our own gallery to load our journal pages-
Once you enter the "Upload A Card" click on the arrows next to the windows under "Select Galleries"- in the first window select "Anything BUT a Card", in the second window choose "Books, Handmade Albums and Journals" , in the third window choose "Art Journal Pages" and then a 4th window should appear and choose "Bible Art Journal Pages" .

Love and hugs to all of you and I also pray that you have a blessed November and Thanksgiving (to those of you in the US)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #240  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Julie, that's a great theme!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes