Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-10-2016, 01:12 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Bible Art Journaling 2016- 02 February

Wow, where did the time go?? So sorry to be posting this so late in the month, February is flying by for me!

The February 2016 theme will be "Love"- the whole theme of the Bible :-) There are so many verses that could be used for this theme- have fun!

Optional Technique- Adding Washi Tape

Remember- there is no right or wrong way to journal in your Bible. It is not about how great the artwork looks but it is a creative worship time between you and the Lord. I saw a post on FB recently that showed a picture a child had drawn for his mother...the post mentioned that the mother would not be critical of that drawing but pleased with the child expressing his love for her in that manner and how much more our Father in Heaven is pleased when we spend time with Him in a creative way! After all, He is the one who gave us the artistic talent :-)

So let's grab our crayons, markers, pencils, acrylics, watercolors, Gelatos, pens- whatever you desire and worship the Lord with our creativity!!

Again, if you are unable to actually journal at this time, we would love for you to join in and "chat" so we can encourage each other, share ideas as well as see your art in the gallery when you are able to create :-)

Just a reminder:

We have our own gallery to load our journal pages-
Once you enter the "Upload A Card" click on the arrows next to the windows under "Select Galleries"- in the first window select "Anything BUT a Card", in the second window choose "Books, Handmade Albums and Journals" , in the third window choose "Art Journal Pages" and then a 4th window should appear and choose "Bible Art Journal Pages" .

Also, please use all three of these keywords when you post to the gallery- BAJ16, BAJ1602, Bible Art Journaling (remember to separate each with a comma) and if you have time, please come to this forum to link your journal page so we can be inspired by your work and encourage you with some "love" ...

I am so looking forward to seeing how you interpret the "Love" theme into your Bible Study/Bible Art Journaling! There is no deadline so even though this is a February theme, you can link whenever you desire...

Hugs and God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I am here! . Washi tape and love. Got it!
I guess we both been busy so far this month. How are you Julie? Any plans this week-end?
We have a over 50 Valentine dinner at church tonight, then VSBN tonight. Do you scrap? If you do check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #3  

Hi Sharon! This weekend is our annual Awana Quiz and I have two teams of girls quizzing- one in the 5th grade and other in the 6th.

They have been studying so hard and both teams are doing well! My 6th grade girls in particular are remarkable on reciting their verses (in their study guide they have over 35+ verses memorized and can recite word perfect with the reference)!

It is such a pleasure and honor to work with these young ladies each week- a highlight in my week for sure!

Sounds like you will have a fun-filled weekend! I hope you have a great dinner this evening with your sweetheart :-)

I do not officially scrapbook at this time- have all of the supplies hoarded for years and plan to do so eventually (I have created a few small scrapbooks in the past and like to create mini albums for gifts).

Have a blessed week and I look forward to seeing the verse you decide to journal :-)
Hugs and God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #4  

Well, this is a card but could be a journaling page...I used the new Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps I Am Loved....for the CAS L.O.V.E. Challenge :-)

CAS364 I Will Praise You by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I am behind now on all the February challenges, except the Christmas card challenge. I used up my mojo on scrapping for VSBN! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #6  

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I am behind now on all the February challenges, except the Christmas card challenge. I used up my mojo on scrapping for VSBN! LOL
I fully understand Sharon! I am behind also and am thankful that we do not have a deadline :-)

Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #7  

The March 2016 Thread is open- come on over and join in on the fun!!
Bible Art Journaling 2016- 03 March by Julie Gearinger at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes