Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #2721
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
OKAY, Sistahs, The CHALLENGE for next Friday - TSC0427 - BE BRAVE NOW -

We have Father's Day coming up soon, so the challenge is to make a MASCULINE card for the Man in your life - young or old - any size or shape - any images you want - using the Faux Leather technique- - this leaves a lot of great options for your cards!! Are you excited yet?????
C'mon, I know all you all have masking tape around the house somewhere!

See the tutorial HERE -
Splitcoaststampers - Faux Leather with Masking Tape Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

Can hardly wait to see what you do!!!
I only have blue masking tape, but I have a "Leather" Texturz Plate, so I will have to use that. Hope it's OK! I do like this challenge!!!

Fan Club Member (10 years)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #2722
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

When did Mount Fuji last erupt? (Just the year is fine)

Unread 04-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #2723
101 Airborne

12/16/1707 it last erupted

I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #2724
101 Airborne

Tater, keeping you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. Silly, keeping you in my prayers too. Cuz, it's sad that little ones can get such a rough go because of their parents' and grandparents' mistakes - they always are the ones to suffer.

Greenie, I think you are speaking in a foreign language - you want us to try something new? New skeers me. About the extent of trying something new for me - is making a 6x6 card instead of a 4-1/4 x 5 - are you trying to torture me?? Something new -

Ladies - hugs all around and candles lit for all.

Unread 04-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #2725
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
12/16/1707 it last erupted
Congratulations, Cuz!! Your are correct!!!

The notorious last eruption of Mt. Fuji began with a huge earthquake on November 11, 1707. For miles around the epicenter, Japanese people felt the effects of this earthquake, particularly in the city of Osaka. People knew that Mt. Fuji could be expected to blow at any time, but the explosion was no less than historic. The Great Hoei Eruption, as it is now known, occurred between mid-December and early January of 1707-1708, causing earthquake-like tremors for miles around and strewing huge amounts of ash and cinder. On December 16, 1707, Mt. Fuji began belching up ash and cinder. The explosions continued for a period of more than two weeks, spitting up hundreds of millions of cubic feet of volcanic ash.

Unread 04-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #2726
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Sistah's........Just poppin in to leave some love with you all, I am so bogged down right now, I can't get any extra cards done...... so sorry, need your prayers for all to run smoothly, got 2 cards to get done, plus a tutorial ( which is my worse bother right now)

Hugs!!
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.ca/
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #2727
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Hi Sistah's........Just poppin in to leave some love with you all, I am so bogged down right now, I can't get any extra cards done...... so sorry, need your prayers for all to run smoothly, got 2 cards to get done, plus a tutorial ( which is my worse bother right now)

Hugs!!
Jan, praying for all to run smoothly; now RELAX...BREATHE!!! We love you, too!!

Unread 04-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #2728
Stazon Splitcoast

oh tysvm Carroll!! you are all so sweet here.......love u to bits...

And I think it was Kathy's Birthday (airborne) right?
if s0......HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY.... for the 18th...so sorry hun.a little late..but throwing ya some birthday love & wishes!! Hugs

Unread 04-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #2729
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh when do you have ur Father's day? we in canada celebrate in June, Mother's day in May??

Unread 04-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #2730
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Oh when do you have ur Father's day? we in canada celebrate in June, Mother's day in May??
Same here. Mother's Day is May 13th, the second Sunday in May. Father's Day is in June.

Unread 04-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #2731
Stazon Splitcoast

Father's Day is 3rd Sunday in June - the 17th

PRAYING, JAN - LIKE CA SAID JUST BREATHE!!!!
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #2732
Stazon Splitcoast

Just back for a FAB-U-LOUS day with my friend Debbie and some of my stamp club gals at a Scrapbook Extravagansa! 8am-8pm. So much FUN! I won some Spellbinders shapabilities! YAY!!!! I worked on Darren and Rebecca's wedding pictures. I think I got 7 pages done. Now I'm reclining in my chair and chillin' with the hubster.

Hope you all had a wonderful day! We are getting thunder and lightening storms tonight! BOOM!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #2733
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening all.

Greenie the challenge does sound like fun. I have done that before and it's amazing how it really looks like leather.

Jan you sound stressed. I'm sorry that stinks.
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #2734
Stazon Splitcoast

Believe it or not I am still cleaning up my scattered mess after making a couple cards this week - can't keep focused! YIKES!
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #2735
Loves lavender roses

Well, I went off my diet in order to share some of my mom's chocolate birthday cake. She's 97 today!!! Isn't that something??!!! Love to all!!!

Unread 04-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #2736
Stazon Splitcoast

Please pray for my friend Stephanie and her five kids. Three of them have been in my husband's and my Sunday school classes that we have taught and also helped in as well as our Monday night groups. We have known them for about nine years.

Her soon-to-be x husband is x-Special Forces. He has physically, sexually and mentally abused all of them except the baby. He had moved them from here to a remote part of WI. She moved back here from WI to get away from him. He has made death threats and has had a stand-off with the police threatening suicide in WI. He is nuts. It goes on and on. Just think - really scary movie stuff.

Vanessa and I were returning home from a birthday party on back roads with my friend and her girls tonight when I thought - hey, that is an unusual place for police to hang out. Then - hey - that's Stephanie's house - oh no that is Stephanie talking to the police. My friend stopped so I could go over to see if she needed help or a hiding place.

The husband is here in the state. He has called her parents. He does not care about restraining orders. The police were there taking statements and being alerted he is here somewhere.

Stephanie has a male family member on the way over, she has two secure hiding places and we have a code word in case we need to call 911; I had her tell EVERYONE the code word.

Please pray for their safety. Please pray she will go to safety before anything happens; you just never want to believe it is time to go. It is also hard to hide with five kids. Pray that God will stop him from hurting them. Pray for a miracle of God's choosing to ZOT him into sanity or take him out of the picture.

Thank you!!!!
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #2737
Loves lavender roses

Brat Girl, I'm praying for Stephanie and her children's safety. You be careful, too, PLEASE!!

Unread 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #2738
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat I prayed as soon as I read this. Oh how awful. I am glad he hasn't taken her self esteem away. That she had the will to get away from him. Poor children.
I dated a guy that was violent. Of course I had no idea. I dumped him right away. I cannot imagine the fear they must be going through.

I didn't go to church this morning. I just did not feel like it. I've done a little house work and laundry.

Everyone have a great day. Brat will be praying in earnest for that situation.
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #2739
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for the prayers. As of this AM they are okay. I saw her DH and he was telling someone he is moving here. That means he plans to ignore the restraining orders because he has no job or family here.

I did not even look at him or talk to him. I am no match for that kind of crazy and I don't want him to target me as someone who is working against him. I am - but not "in his face."

How is your back Sylvia? Is it your back, fatigue, the blues keeping you from wanting to go to church? Or, just need a day off? Hugs to you.

Gotta get ready for soccer...
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #2740
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Brat, I was already praying when you emailed me - kind of thinking that it might be something like this, but sweet Mother of God, this sounds so much worse than what I thought. Now praying for the police to be vigilant and watchful for their protection, and to keep Stephanie and her children from any harm. I cannot imagine living in that kind of environment, no wonder she left, just hope that no one gets hurt in this process, and that he gets taken into custody or something that prevents him from hurting them or himself. The man needs SERIOUS HELP! Sounds like the Special Forces has made something inside him snap to do that kind of thing to his family. You!!! - PLEASE be careful - I know you are not in his face, but being S's friend pits you 'against' him PRAYING>>>>>>>>>>>>>REALLY HARD!

RE: your prayer -
Please pray for their safety. Please pray she will go to safety before anything happens; you just never want to believe it is time to go. It is also hard to hide with five kids. Pray that God will stop him from hurting them. Pray for a miracle of God's choosing to ZOT him into sanity or take him out of the picture.
That is how we will pray for the situation - good prayer plan, Sistah!!

Sylvia, hoping your back is doing better and not preventing you from doing what you want to do because of the pain! Praying - but you know that is we all do - all the time - for each other!! I am here if you need anything!!

All of you other Sistahs - thinking of all of you - just don't have time to write more right now - have all of you in my heart and prayers - God knows what each of your needs are!!

LYMI
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #2741
Stazon Splitcoast

Since next year is the 25th anniversary of Stampin' Up, we are hoping for the RE-RELEASING some of the sets that have been retired - WE ARE PRAYING for one of the sets to be WILD WILD WEST!!! Mothermark, (Cindy) is in the process of launching a "campaign" I guess you would call it to "BRING BACK DA' MAN" or something similar, by letting SU see how much that set is STILL being used and showing them the support the Women of the Wild Wild West Blog gets from stampers. After we talked about it in our last email, she asked me to pass on the word - for anyone who has cards made with the set, to SEND HER THE LINK from your gallery, and permission for her to post it on the Women of the Wild Wild West Blog, to bump up the entries of the cards that are there, showing support for the set. Her is her request---

Can you contact any SCSers as ask them to email me links to their cards and then I can load them onto the blog....I just don't have time to go searching for them plus at the same time, if i did that i would have to get their permission to post it on my blog and that would take alot of time...this way, if the want their pictures loaded up, they are giving me permission to load it simply by sending me their link, kwim? [/COLOR]

Hope you can all help spread the word to any and all other people who would like to see the set come back, so we who were deprived of getting it way back then, because we came into stampin' later, have a chance to own the MAN ourselves. Feel free to copy and paste this and email all your buddies - Mothermark is also hoping to start a thread in the General Stamping Form with a link to SU asking those to leave a comment on how much they want it back and also to send an email to SU.....when she checked SU's site there was a quick way to email the marketing department and maybe we could encourage a bunch of emails to contact SU about it requesting the return of Da Man.

Sure hope this works - if you have any friends who might have a MAN card from the WWW set, ask them to forward the link to Cindy to have it put on the blog. Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by irishgreensue; 04-22-2012 at 10:43 PM..
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #2742
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I just needed a day off. Yesterday and today my back is somewhat better. Praise God! I know its all the prayers.

I have a project I am working on thats taken quite a bit of time. I have been cleaning in my stamp room for 15-20 minutes at a time. I can see all the surfaces again! I have thrown away quite a bit of stuff I'll never use. Just organizing. I need to quit buying so much.

Talk to you all later.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #2743
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie do you mean for us to send the link to Cindy or the SU demo??
Unread 04-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #2744
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Greenie do you mean for us to send the link to Cindy or the SU demo??
Wow, glad to hear you are feeling better, Silly!! Just work on things in small increments of time, so it is not too much - baby yourself a little like that.!!!

For right now, Just email Cindy the links to your WWW cards and then she can load them onto the Women of the Wild Wild West blog. If you do that, she has your permission to add them to the blog.
She is going to set up something soon on SCS/hookup to SU - it is in the works and she will let us all know when it is set to go.
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #2745
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going slow Greenie. I don't have any choice! I will send my link to Cindy. I think I only have one in the SC gallery. That would be great if they brought that set back!! The set I have is my friends. She does not stamp but she buys western stamps once in a while and stamps envelopes, stuff like that. She told me to keep him and if she wanted him she would get him then. I have access to it anytime I want but if they brought it out I could get my own!!
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #2746
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Carroll & Sue...I am breathing easier now got one card done..and was almost done the next one.and changed course...and did someting a little different...all is working smoothly...Hugs

Happy Birthday to your mom Carroll.....97 wow!! thats awesome....the cake sounds yummy!!

Brat.....sending up prayers hun!! hope all goes well.........

Oh Sue...I am so hoping for the WWW to be realeased!!.oh please Lord....

Silly.Glad to hear your feeling better and getting things cleaned up....nice to find the work surface again.....I know how that goes!!

I also have a card in my gallery.....and I can make one.I have an image...would that help? let us know where to link it?

Hugs to all... over & out

Unread 04-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #2747
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan and Sylvia - well, actually EVERYONE - any links to the WWW cards that you want to send to Cindy for the WWWW blog, she asked for you to send to her at

[email protected]

just put "link for WWW card" in the subject line so she knows what it is!

Thanks!
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #2748
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Jan and Sylvia - well, actually EVERYONE - any links to the WWW cards that you want to send to Cindy for the WWWW blog, she asked for you to send to her at

[email protected]

just put "link for WWW card" in the subject line so she knows what it is!

Thanks!
Sue, you and Lesley are demos, so you can go to the demo site, click products, find the button on the left that says, Sandbox. Tell them your idea is to bring back Wild Wild West. Also, call demo support and tell them you'd like them to bring back that set and to send your request upline. The more of us that request this, the more likely it may happen!!

Unread 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #2749
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

What movie actress spent 18 days in prison in 1982? (Bonus: What was the crime?)

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #2750
101 Airborne

Sophia Loren - tax evasion.

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #2751
101 Airborne

Lesley,
Thank you soooooo much for the adorable card - I loved it the minute you loaded it up and laughed so hard at the sentiment! I love it - thank you!

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #2752
101 Airborne

Sylvia,
Your card was so beautiful and elegant - and I loved it too - lovely cameo!!

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #2753
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sylvia,
Your card was so beautiful and elegant - and I loved it too - lovely cameo!!
Kathy,

Thanks for sending me your photo of the Man BD card I sent you for your BD - I sent it off to Mothermark to put on the Women of the WIld Wild West Blog - Sure hope this plan works and we get a chance to buy it again, instead of trying to win it on Ebay!!

Whew - got a lot to get done this week - catch up later!! Prayers and Hugs to Everyone!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #2754
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, CA, did you get your plane ticket to Shirley's yet?? better hurry - those little planes that fly down to Marion only have 9 seats!! I booked my flight to STL first then called Cape Air to book my flight to Marion within an hour and a half to two hours after landing in STL!
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #2755
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Hey, CA, did you get your plane ticket to Shirley's yet?? better hurry - those little planes that fly down to Marion only have 9 seats!! I booked my flight to STL first then called Cape Air to book my flight to Marion within an hour and a half to two hours after landing in STL!
I'm going to be doing that this week. I hope I can get the Cape Air flight! If not, I'll rent a car at the airport and get a map!! LOL!! Gotta get to Shirt's somehow!! LOL!

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #2756
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Sophia Loren - tax evasion.
Congratulations, Cuz!!! You are absolutely correct!!!

After being charged with tax evasion in 1982, actress Sophia Loren spent 18 days in an Italian prison.

Unread 04-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #2757
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
I'm going to be doing that this week. I hope I can get the Cape Air flight! If not, I'll rent a car at the airport and get a map!! LOL!! Gotta get to Shirt's somehow!! LOL!
Oh, Yeah, only 45 days to go!!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #2758
Stazon Splitcoast

45 days?! Wow. Not too long. Can't wait. When I go see the surgeon I'm telling him I can't do anything until after I get home from Shirt's.

It's been cool and overcast today and the weatherman is saying 80 degrees tomorrow and then cold again by the end of the week. Weird weather. Did you all see in the NE they got as much as a foot of snow.

Jan so glad you got a card done. Relieves some of the pressure.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #2759
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks silly.got 2 done now......yahhhhhhh ty girls for the prayers....now just have to work on the tutorial......
then can start next weeks..and a faux leather card for us......

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #2760
Loves lavender roses

Yep, Greenie is our number cruncher!!! She keeps track of that stuff. If I want to know how many days till we all go to Shirt's, I ask Greenie!!

Silly, our weather has been the same here. I don't know whether to turn on the heat or turn on the A/C!! It was 90 yesterday, broke a record! It's overcast here, but warm. It's supposed to cool down by Thurs. and Fri. and then start warming up again. I'm ready to start planting!