Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #2001
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

Which was the first color film to win an Academy Award for Best Picture?

Fan Club Member (10 years)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #2002
Stazon Splitcoast

Gone with the Wind - 1939 - also probably the first to have a bad word in it too - frankly, my dear, I don't give a D---!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #2003
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Gone with the Wind - 1939 - also probably the first to have a bad word in it too - frankly, my dear, I don't give a D---!
Yay! Greenie!! You are correct!!

Gone with the Wind is a 1939 American historical epic film starring Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland, and Hattie McDaniel, among others, and tells a story of the American Civil War and Reconstruction era from a white Southern point of view. It was among the first of the major films shot in color (Technicolor), winning the first Academy Award for Best Cinematography in the category for color films and the first color film to win the Best Picture.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #2004
Stazon Splitcoast

When I was pregnant with my daughter, Tara I saw Gone With the Wind and that's where she got her name. Tara means earth so my brother used to tease her by calling her dirt!

I have been MIA. I didn't make it to the challenge last week. Sorry about that. What is the challenge for this week?

I made my first card in a week today for the teaparty. I just have not been in the mood but I got an order from ODBD today and last week. I was the hostess for our SU party this month and I got a lot of stuff coming from that. I have to get busy and get all of these inked up and make some cards with them.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #2005
Loves lavender roses

Woo hoo! Silly got some new rubbah!!! Can't wait to see what you make!!!

Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #2006
Die Cut Diva

Don't worry about not making EVERY challenge Silly, it is precious that you check in on Das Bus and keep us posted. sometimes we all loose our mojo and it is different things that cause it and different things will bring it back. Be patient and DON'T stress! I love that little nick name for your daughter Tara (Dirt). I am so envious of your new rubbah too. I keep myself to a budget and try to be thrifty. I have a bowling habit to support you know. Sistahs, need some prayer here; one of my bowling buddies Elena has just been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Her Dr. said he cannot cure it but he can try to put it into remission with chemo. She's my age, 61. She is so matter-of-fact about all this that I am in awe of her. It is very sad to see her empty space at our bowling table. Well thanks in advance for your thoughts and have a good rest of the week.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #2007
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Don't worry about not making EVERY challenge Silly, it is precious that you check in on Das Bus and keep us posted. sometimes we all loose our mojo and it is different things that cause it and different things will bring it back. Be patient and DON'T stress! I love that little nick name for your daughter Tara (Dirt). I am so envious of your new rubbah too. I keep myself to a budget and try to be thrifty. I have a bowling habit to support you know. Sistahs, need some prayer here; one of my bowling buddies Elena has just been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Her Dr. said he cannot cure it but he can try to put it into remission with chemo. She's my age, 61. She is so matter-of-fact about all this that I am in awe of her. It is very sad to see her empty space at our bowling table. Well thanks in advance for your thoughts and have a good rest of the week.
Oh, Tate! You know we keep you in prayer and will send up prayers for Elena as well. You have a great rest of the week yourself, Sistah! LYMI

Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #2008
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

If you were born on Leap Day, what would your astrological sign be?

Note: I don't believe in astrology nor do I follow any horoscopes, but it can be fun sometimes. This is a trivia question I came across, and I'm in a hurry today. I will try to find a better one later. I'm going to be busy until the licensing worker leaves.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #2009
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post

Part of our town is gone with the wind, today. We had a tornado last night.
We did not receive damage at our house, but the south part of town was demolished. There are casualties and I am sure many more that have not been found yet. A friend of mine lost her Aunt and Uncle. A friend of my daughter has not been located yet. We are hoping she is okay. Say a prayer for people who were affected and for the rescue teams.

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamp and QKR Stampede. F4A Hostess

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #2010
Stazon Splitcoast

OK< Sistahs, my yahoo email was hacked into - if you got anything that says I am in Spain and penniless - I think you all would just delete it - Don't open any links and even if you didn't you may want to change your PW to be safe - I have also lost most of my contact addresses, so if my DD did not email you about this fiasco, I will need you to send me a short email so I can save your address again. SORRY

Tater, praying for you and Elena too - God is in control and He is good all the time!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #2011
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
We did not receive damage at our house, but the south part of town was demolished. There are casualties and I am sure many more that have not been found yet. A friend of mine lost her Aunt and Uncle. A friend of my daughter has not been located yet. We are hoping she is okay. Say a prayer for people who were affected and for the rescue teams.
OMGosh! Sending up prayers for all those affected by the tornado!! We've had high winds all night here, too. Nothing to compare with a tornado though! It's still very windy and there are high wind warnings out. Some areas have had 80 mph winds, but I haven't heard of any damage. I have cardboard in my backyard from an unknown source and there's a part of something that looks like a plastic box, but I'm not going out there to check. Eddie put a scarf over his face up to his nose to go out to the bus stop which is about 3 blocks away. He looks like a bandit! LOL! Anyway, I just said a prayer for all those in the Midwest who have been affect by the tornadoes.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #2012
Stazon Splitcoast

Holy Tornado, Shirley!!! I am on my knees praying for everyone there! I'm super happy that you and Tig and all of the furbabies are ok. I heard on the news this morning that there was a tornado in the midwest, but I didn't check to see where it was. Please know that I will be praying continuously!!! LYMI!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

Tater...Elena is on my prayer list too! And you and Gunner, of course. Did I ever tell you that the name "Gunner" has always been one of my favorites? I grew up with a "Gunner" and I must say, he was quite the handsome chap! Gunner Zorn......ahhhh. the memories!! Heehee! Doesn't that sound like the name of an author???

Anyway, Please remember the I will be praying! LYMI!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #2014
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Shirt that is horrible. I have not heard about it on the news yet. I am so sorry. Will pray for all those people.
Tornados are so scary. About 6 years ago we had one here and it destroyed a lot of houses and a lot of people were hurt but we didn't even know it was happening. When I left for work the next morning I could not believe my eyes. It looked like my neighbors had been bombed. No fatalities so we were lucky. It just went right around us while several neighbors lost everything. God was looking after us.

If you are born on Feb 29th you are a Pisces.

Tater will keep your friend in prayer.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #2015
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Shirt, did not mean to not answer you here - have been doing damage control here - but nothing like what you are dealing with - still praying for all those affected by this and the rescue teams, and I hope and pray that your DD's friend is found soon and she is okay! -
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #2016
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello to All the Sistahs,

How awful Shirt! I'm praying. I hope your daughter's friend is found and helped.

Tater, I'm praying for your friend as well.

Greenie - Don't worry - I have a cousin that lives in Spain! I pray those bad people get caught!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #2017
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Oh Shirt that is horrible. I have not heard about it on the news yet. I am so sorry. Will pray for all those people.
Tornados are so scary. About 6 years ago we had one here and it destroyed a lot of houses and a lot of people were hurt but we didn't even know it was happening. When I left for work the next morning I could not believe my eyes. It looked like my neighbors had been bombed. No fatalities so we were lucky. It just went right around us while several neighbors lost everything. God was looking after us.

If you are born on Feb 29th you are a Pisces.

Tater will keep your friend in prayer.
Silly! You are correct!

Pisces is the twelfth astrological sign in the Zodiac, which started from the Pisces constellation. It is also considered a water sign and one of the four mutable signs. Individuals born when the Sun was in this sign are considered Pisceans. Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun is in Pisces roughly from February 19 to March 20, ending on the moment of vernal equinox by definition.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #2018
Loves lavender roses

Licensing worker has left. She will contact me when she can come to the Fernley Office (CPS/DCFS) to sign final documents, and then I will be licensed. License will be for one boy age 6 to 11. I will let you all know when I get the actual license. My home passed the inspection just fine. Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #2019
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay, CA, so glad you passed the inspection - (we knew you would!!!)
Old 02-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #2020
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY, CA...YAY, CA....YAY, CA....(jumping up and down)
Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #2021
101 Airborne

Oh, Shirt, when I saw the picture of Harrisburg on the AOL headlines - it was awful. Jim and I had been in Springfield at Lowe's/Menards and then to Applebee's for lunch. When we got home this afternoon, Jim was scanning headlines on the computer - just right before I talked with you! The Guardian Angels were on full alert around you and your family and the fur babies. When Jim and I go into Lincoln for dinner tonight, I will stop at church and light some candles for the fatalities, their families and those not yet located.

CA - what happy news for you - I bet your excited!

Greenie - with all the technology out there - no one is really safe on line any longer.

Sylvia - if you find your lost mojo - mine might be there too - let me know! I think I am on auto pilot making cards - just not making anything much I like right now.

Lesley, love those little jumping green guys - too cute.

Tater - will keep your friend in on the prayers too.

I hope everyone is ok -- hugs all around. K.

I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #2022
Loves lavender roses

Thank you all for the good wishes!! I drove all the way to Reno and back yesterday (about 75 miles round trip) to get my fire extinguisher taken care of. She didn't even LOOK at it. She just asked me for the receipt. I guess she'll keep that in the file, so she doesn't really need to see it, or she noticed it when we went into the garage to check the water heater. She didn't go outside either, because it's very windy here, and she didn't want to go back out there plus she saw the yard when she was here before. She just has to finish writing her report, get the editing done, get it approved, and then she has to call me to meet her at the office to read and sign the final documents. After that, I'll have a license and they'll place a boy here when they have one that needs us.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #2023
Stazon Splitcoast

Can someone please direct me to the challenge for Friday??? Please, please, please???? I searched, but couldn't find it
Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #2024
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Can someone please direct me to the challenge for Friday??? Please, please, please???? I searched, but couldn't find it
Post #1940 Lesley - a card for any occasion, using 2 different nesties,and wither a charm, buttons or brads - and ribbon or twine for dessert!

Love ya!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #2025
Stazon Splitcoast

TSC0302 any occassion, using any 2 nesties, can add buttons and brads or a charm, opt is ribbon or twine.
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.ca/
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #2026
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Sue!! hugs there friend/Sistah

Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

I been busy all day so didn't get a chance to drop in till now..........imma missing all the trivia.........bahhhhhhh

Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #2028
Stazon Splitcoast

My email was hacked into and I was doing "damage control" all morning, but Shirt's town had a tornado come through and a lot of devastation, though she is alright!
Trying to upload a card right now.
How are you doing?? Guess you were busy getting your card uploaded for tonight?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #2029
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you get your email straightened up..Sue,.and hope e1 is warned, I got 3 emails asking for money....and I know its a scam, so I think they got into your email Sue, and have all our emails, so hope there is no more trouble over this.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and glad your a ok Shirt! Praise Jesus....hope no one was hurt

Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #2031
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt I have seen a lot of news on the TV and heard it on the radio. Your poor town was hit so hard. I am so sorry for all those people who have lost their lives but I am thankful that you and Tig are ok and that nothing happened to your property. Has your daughters friend been found?

My SU order is in and I didn't even go pick it up. We had winds between 40-45 mph and gusts of up to 60 mph. I can get my SU tomorrow! I am in love with the dp in the Saleabration catalog.

I got the email about you being in Spain Sue. Of course I deleted it and deleted the deleted!
The challenge sounds like fun.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #2032
Stazon Splitcoast

Default hey sistahs

Hey all. wow glad all is ok with you all....lots going on. busy bus...:0). I read bits a pieces as I go through all my e-mails and then when I get here to reply I get things mixed up...lol...ss...Ill try tho...Mrs. Boz...I am so glad for you was a long drive but will be worth it.
lol...Hi mom.,...:0)

Last edited by wendy2512; 02-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: pushed wrong button not done..lol
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #2033
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart hey sistahs

lol..I went to edit but again ZI think i pushed wrong button...lol...silly filly maybe yoru papers will blow your way if the wind is going the right direction...wow 60 mpsh thats a good wind hope all is good there. Its always fun getting new supplies...I am so blessed to have such a generous Mom she has been so so helpful and caring to share her supplies with me as money has been so tight lately... so again ty ma-ma...(heartsong47). I also like the name Tara and such a cute nickname of dirt..made me smile...:0)
shirt glad all is good with you and yoru family. wow.
I got the wierd e-mails too asking for money, I didnt think sue was traveling so yah hope thats all good.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #2034
Stazon Splitcoast

I am again letting you all know that my email had gotten hacked into, I am NOT in SPAIN and PENNILESS - they changed up my email addy one letter and also my phone number, so I have also stopped putting all my info in my signature at the end of my emails - to be on the safe side, you may want to change your passwords, especially if you have gotten repeat emails from this 'person' - I hope they get caught!!

So sorry for this trouble!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #2035
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, This has happened to a few of the peeps on SCS. Ctorina is one of them. I think she was 'stranded in England and penniless'. I have a question, though. When I saw your E-mail in my new mail, I just deleted it as I had already heard what happened. Because I did not open it and deleted it, does that mean that I should be ok from whatever???? Curious!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #2036
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not a techie person, but as I understand it, if you did not respond to anything from this 'person' that was pretending to be me requesting money, it should be okay. If you are nervous about it, though, my thought would be to change your password! Maybe ask Ctorina - she might have a better idea on it than I do.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #2037
Die Cut Diva

Just popped in real quick to get myself up to date. Wow Shirt! I had no idea what you have been through! I'm so sorry and of course will keep y'all in my prayers. CA, thanks for the goodies!!!! Haven't been able to play yet...still with the hand issues! Gotta get to this week's challenge too!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #2038
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

According to superstition, how many years of bad luck will you get if you break a mirror?

This is an easy one because it's so late!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #2039
Stazon Splitcoast

Listen to Stevie Wonder - 7 years!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #2040
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat Cards View Post
Listen to Stevie Wonder - 7 years!
Yay!! Brat Girl, you are correct!!! (I told you it was an easy one!)

The origin of the "break a mirror, face seven years of bad luck" superstition can be traced back to the Romans.