Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 04-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #161
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Cathy, how are you feeling? Also - I didn't realize convention is taking place this year. I think I might have misunderstood something along the way. Unfortunately I can't make it again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwmwcw View Post
Pauline, absolutely! Let's catch lunch in May. Do you want to get something on calendar now or wait until May? Either way works for me.

Deborah, glad to hear you are on the mend.

Doctor recently changed the meds I take after breast cancer and now I am experiencing horrible joint pain. I thought that was done when I finished chemo! She says it resolves after about six months so just 5 1/2 months to go. But I am alive and cancer free so it is worth it.

A gathering this summer or fall would be fun. I look forward to it.

Anyone planning on attending convention? This will be my 8th.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 04-06-2015, 06:31 PM   #162

Deborah, are you all finished now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
To clarify - I have not needed to take any sort of antibiotic for ?? 7 - 10 years . And now all of a sudden it seems to me that every 5 hours I am scarfing back another dose of antibiotics!
Unread 04-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #163

And it's official. Car hunting I will go. Hoping to find something good for around $10k. Won't be particularly easy in the Bay Area but we'll find something. Looking this week will be challenging since it's the last full week of tax season and Chris will have the only vehicle everyday. I will be going to San Jose with him on Wednesday though so hopefully we can check out a couple of vehicles then.

Craigslist is my car finding friend...
Wish me luck!
Serenity_Stamper likes this post.
Unread 04-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone...

Lela...I had a wonderful Easter. Easter is an important day for my family as we rejoice in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. My husband and I drove up to my daughter's 2 hours away and attended Easter Service with her. Her church held the service outdoors in a vineyard (my daughter lives in Wine Country)....it was a breathtaking view. We all had lunch there afterwards. Then an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. Unfortunately, my 5-year old granddaughter was sick and had to stay home with her Daddy (And oh such sobs from her when we left) but our 2-year old grandson got the hang of finding Easter Eggs very quickly, and filled up his little basket with them, so cute!

Shellie...What Movie did you see? There are a lot of good ones out there right now. And I love your new Avatar picture!

Pauline…I am so with you on "love my family but not all in one week."

Deborah…I am also wondering if you are finished up with your antibiotics and doing better now?

Cathy…Your talk of walking on the beach, relaxing in the Jacuzzi, and reading is making me so ready for our vacation this Summer where we are going to rent a house right on the Coast in Mendocino for a week this summer.

Gail...I LOL'd at your "I feel like a teenager with a messy house!" I am generally a tidy person, but sometimes when my husband is gone away on business, I just keep letting the dishes pile up in the sink until the night before he comes home.

I haven't done any papercrafting for a week now, as I have had some other things I have had to catch up on around the house, and my Bestie who moved away was here for a week so we were able to spend time together.

LM

If you would like to see my cards, please click here :-)

Gallery updated Aug 31, 2017
Please join us in our 2017 Bible Verse Challenge
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Unread 04-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #165
Forum Fanatic

Hi all - back to having some time.

Lela, thanks for asking about the RFP. I put the draft out for Quality Assurance yesterday. I'm sure I'll have some modifications but I'm hoping for minimal changes. I have to finish up the schedule today (hate MS Project) but it has to be done. The good thing is that I'm on track for finishing it on time. This was a put-up or shut-up for me because I complain how everyone is always rushing to finish and so my boss gave me the chance to show how it can be done on time. So far, so good

I haven't had much time to stamp but I got some cute little stamps from rubber moon. I'm not fond of their style, but I couldn't resist this one and a couple of sentiment stamps. I didn't close enough at the size as they are smaller than I'd like but cute. I'm going to use them for some ATCs that I need to make for the retreat.

I was supposed to hold a class last Saturday and I cancelled it. I just couldn't make myself plan the project. I thought I'd feel bad but all I feel is relief. I really think I'm doing what's best for me. The only "customer" related item I have to do is my craft garage sale in June. I'm also finding that when I do pop over to the SCS demo forum I'm not interested so I don't think I'm going to miss it when I quit after the new catalog comes out.

Going to the stamp convention on Saturday. I don't need anything but I just want to see what's new.

Hope everyone is recovering, resting, and just simply enjoying their life.
Unread 04-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #166
Forum Fanatic

LM saw your post after I submitted - Mendocino sounds like heaven. Every now and then we stay at Nick's Cove and I just love it there.

I haven't even thought about vacation this year - I guess I better get on it. I have 6 weeks vacation stored up so it's obvious that I don't take enough time off.
Unread 04-07-2015, 03:25 PM   #167
Forum Fanatic

I had to come here to say this because I'm think I'm turning into a fuddy-duddy!!

If you aren't aware of the MISTI it's a great stamping tool - check out the thread in the Tools & Products forum. Anyway, I joined the MISTI facebook page and these people are wild with the comments. I got 175 updates in less than an hour. OMG!!

I don't use Facebook that much - mainly for family and really close friends and I had no idea the traffic was so much. I'm going to turn off the email notifications because it's driving me nuts. Also, it seems like so many of them are new stampers so the questions are repetitive. Yep, it's true I'm a fuddy-duddy!!
Unread 04-08-2015, 05:33 AM   #168

Pauline, that rubber,moon stamp is so sweet. I have a similar one from "ducks in a row" from a few years ago. Good luck on your planning and RFP! I struggle with understanding how to use facebook, and if I received 175 emails in an hour I would certainly go to some other notification frequency. The Misti sounds cool - you and Lydia have almost enabled me to take the plunge!

LM, I am glad your Sunday was beautiful! Sorry about your GrandDaughter, and glad you got to spend time with your bestie.

Shellie, good luck with car shopping. I bet you can do some research online in advance of going somewhere physically. DH found our highlander in the Bay Area (from Sacramento) online. Somewhere in Millbrae, I think. I will ask him.

Sue, how is your job search going.

Gail, how is it going? Any new "gatherings" on the radar screen?

Cathy, how is your swap coming along? I have an idea maybe, and that is as far as I am.

Deborah, anything new? How is your son?

I am going to miss Rubberama this weekend because I have a volunteer activity in Selma. Probably just as well because I've been spending a lot of money on stamp stuff lately.

Stampin' hugs, Lela
Unread 04-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #169

Happy Wednesday ladies

So, we looked at an Escalade but Chris says he doesn't like the 20" wheels. Low profile tires just aren't good for our mountain roads, plus they are really expensive (about $250 a pop) to replace.

I found a 2005 Avalanche (same model year as mine) at a used car dealership in Santa Clara that we plan on looking at on Friday when the settlement hits our bank account. It's a lot nicer than mine was- leather seats, Bose sound system, sunroof, heated leather seating....

God is good and he will provide for our needs and our budget. He's always come through even though sometimes we have to wait a long time

Maybe someday I'll tell you the story of our house. It was ALL God's doing.

LM- the kids and I ended up seeing Furious 7. As a family we love action flicks and we own all of the Fast and Furious movies on dvd. We had originally planned to go see Home, a cute animated movie but that idea got boycotted. We'll rent it when it comes out on dvd.

I made three cards yesterday. That's the most I've made in one day in awhile. I also took a 2-hour nap. My head is a great barometer and it was working overtime yesterday. I was hard-pressed to keep my eyes open for any significant amount of time.
I really need to take some pics of my work and get them in the gallery. It's been a while since I've uploaded anything.

I've gotta get back in the studio for now though. My pastor just asked me to make another batch of welcome cards for church visitors. Even though they are all basically the same it still takes time to get 15-20 of them made.

See ya'll soon
Unread 04-09-2015, 05:42 AM   #170
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA lately - lots going on on the home front. One of my daughters is staying with me for a bit. She's hit a bump in the road in her life and needs some "mom" time and a safe place to re-gear and get back on track. The hardest thing is that none of her three daughters are with her, so she has some VERY blue times! Life definitely throws a curve ball or two, but she's amazingly strong and resilient and she'll be okay...

I finally finished my "homework assignment" for the job I'm trying to get. It took two solid weeks of aggravation and a couple of re-starts. The problem is trying to find pictures of the things in my head to illustrate the design. Pinterest and Wayfair and Polyvore and Yahoo images were my time sucks, but necessary to accomplish the task. If you ever need help tracking down an image of ANYTHING, let me know and I'll help - I've pretty much got a lock on that now.

We don't celebrate Easter, either, so it was movies on DVD and pizza for us - nice and quiet. It sounds like everyone - regardless of the activity - had a nice weekend...

I've done some beading, too, Shellie, and agree that instructions can be difficult to follow if they're not well written or if you have a limited frame of reference. Your work is lovely (I've visited your site, as well as looked at your posting here). My daughter taught me how to make wrap bracelets when she was here a few weeks ago (different daughter than the one previously mentioned - I have five + a stepdaughter + a son), and I've made seven of them since. I don't have any pics of the ones I made, but they look like THIS. They go for anywhere from $30 to $56 retail, and you can make one for under $3 - crazy! They do take a couple of hours each, so I'm sure that's what you're paying for...

We've had a lot of visitors lately, too -it happens when you live in/near Las Vegas. My cousin and her two daughters were here, then my sister and her husband, now my daughter. Busy times and nice re-acquainting!

"Vacation" is something that NEVER happens in my world, so I'm really jealous of those who get to do the "real thing". When you're self-employed there aren't any paid weeks off, and we've never been in a position to manage more than a day or two. I'm not complaining, just noticing... Life is still good

I've been sick the past couple of days - not sure if it's allergies or a cold, but it's fairly miserable. I have an event this evening for the job I'm trying to get, so I'm hoping that the medication the pharmacist recommended yesterday will help me get through it without sounding like I'm trying to hack up a hairball or sniff non-stop. I disgust myself, lol!

Well, I just realized that it's the second week of the month, and my turn to host tomorrow's Queen for the Day challenge, so I suppose I should go start on that project! Maybe my Bird Crazy stamps will be in today's mail - wouldn't THAT be fun?

One more word on MISTI - I have used that thing more in the past few months than any other tool I've bought EVER!!! Definitely worth every penny, and if it ever breaks or gets lost or whatever, I will IMMEDIATELY spring for another one! Just thought I'd throw my endorsement in the mix...

Hope everyone's week is going well and that all of the plans you've laid out work out well, whether it's for cars or RFPs or bios or anything else! I'll circle back around later and see what's up! Ta!

Last edited by gregzgurl; 04-09-2015 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: Added something
Unread 04-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #171

Great choice for queen, today! Love her layers. No time to visit this morning. And I'm headed to Fresno this weekend so I am not sure when I will check in again. Hope you guys have the weekend you wish for!
Unread 04-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #172
Forum Fanatic

Sue - I like the wrap bracelets. It's amazing how expensive store bought can be. Hope you're feeling better.

Lela, travel safe : )

My plans are pretty simple for the weekend - stamp convention, taxes (yuck), and working on more ATCs for the retreat.

For the No. Cal people - did you know that Scrapbook Territory in Berkley is closing? What I shame as that was one of my road trips. the sale is 40% off. Also I heard there is store in Stockton so I'll have to check it out.
Unread 04-12-2015, 10:59 AM   #173
Crimping Master

Hi Everyone. Super busy week so I have been silent.

Lela, thanks for asking - I have been pain free for about a week and a half so I am hoping that is over much quicker than the doctor's forecast of six months. Man, it was miserable when I had it though!

I held a workshop yesterday with a card that wowed them. I think I will do that for my swap. It has a piece that I cut using my Scan n Cut but it looks like the stencil from the Artisan Embellishment Kit so I think I will be fine. I will include instructions on how I got it into a place of being able to use it with an e-cutter so everyone can do it. I will post the card here once Lela lets me know that she received hers - I don't want to spoil the surprise for her. I love receiving that stack of cards and seeing what others have come up with. It is a wedding card just in time for June weddings.

Pauline, how was the stamping convention? I just didn't have the time to gothis year. I used to spend way too much money on unmounted stamps and all kinds of product but once I became a demo, I found that that stuff just sat. I have cleaned out most of it now, giving a bunch of it to my niece for her classroom. She teaches 5th grade and the kids love all the stamps. I gave her my old stamp pads as well so she is well outfitted for stamping projects.

I haven't done a lot of scrapbooking the past five years but want to do more to get my daughter's photos put together. I don't think I havve been in a scrapbooking store for years as I do still have a bunch of it from years ago but if you ever want a companion for a road trip to one of the scrapbook stored, let me know! PM me and I can give you email and phone so we can coordinate.

On the subject of scrapbooking, how does everyone organize their albums? Do you put all of the pages in chronological order? If that is what you do, what do you do when you have a 2 page spread that you obviously want to have facing each other, the next page in order is a single but the following is another double and you have that blank right side to fill? Ideas please!

LM, we have a little 2 bedroom house with a boatload of partners that we bought over 30 years ago in Elk which is a little town near Mendocino. You will love it up there. Have you ever hiked the Pygmy Forest/Fern Canyon trail? Super fun but you need two cars to do the whole thing; otherwise there is a loop but you miss the prettiest part going through the fern canyon full of redwoods. PM me with your phone or email and I can give you specific instructions on where it is. The hike is all downhill and not strenuous, just long -about 3 hours. The first third is through a Pygmy forest. The trees are super old but only about 10-15 feet tall because of the lack of nutrients in the soil. If you go at the right time, there are huckleberries that you can eat all alon the trail. The rest of the hike is through a canyon of redwoods, ferns and creeks which are probably dry this year. If you will have kids with you, they will love playing hide and seek in the hollowed out trees and climbing on the fallen trees. I wouldn't take a stroller on the trails but a baby in a backpack works great.

Shellie, it sounds exciting to be getting a new vehicle although I know you loved your old one. Hopefully you will fall in love with this one too. My only vehicle that I didnt "love" was my minivan. I swore I would never have one but with my daughter and her activities, it made better sense for that time. Mind you, I had a Dodge Stealth before it so going from sporty car to minivan was quite a change. I now have a Honda Pilot that I love. We just had to buy a new truck since my husband's truck was company-owned and he retired. The harder thing was to say goodbye to the gas card! The new truck is higher than his old one (new one is F250) and didn't come with side rails. Man, did my husband and daughter get good laughs watching me try and get into it before he got the side rails. I am only 5'2".

Shellie, a friend got me into doing some beading this past year. I have made some kumihimo necklaces as Christmas gifts last year and some other types of bracelets. Nothing as intricate as what you are doing! I don't know the name of the weave that we have been doing lately - it uses peanut beads and super duos but the bracelets are super fast to make and fun. Instant gratification and easy to do while visiting or watching TV. I will have to dig one out and take a picture of it for you.

Shellie, what are your requirements for the welcome cards for your church? Perhaps I could send you some cards. I have boxes of cards and would love to share some with the added bonus of helping you if they work for you. I have a whole box that are blank on the inside and do not have a specific sentiment to them. PM me your address and I will send some to you.

Off to paint sample colors on my craftroom walls. DH gave me the go ahead to buy wood flooring to replace 25 year old carpet. The walls have a border and color used when my daughter was 8 - now 21. Time for a makeover! I can't do anything more than paint and flooring right now but it will definitely help. Our house is over 100 years old so closets and storage are slim to none. I have a small armoire in the room as well as a 4 drawer file cabinet that holds our records that will have to stay until our daughter moves back home I. The next few years when she will take her furniture and her/guest bedroom will have room for those things. Imagine right now a 12x12 room with a full size bed, armoire, dresser, nightstand and desk in a roo that als has 3 doors and 2 windows! Yep, we have all that crammed in my daughter's room.

Bio still to come..... Have a great Sunday!
Unread 04-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #174
Crimping Master

To enable you scrapbookers, Michaels is having a big sale online. I ordered 6 matching 12x12 albums and extenders plus 3 packages of sheet protectors for less than $70 including shipping and tax. It is shipping to my local store and I will pick it up there. That saved $5. The albums were regularly $19.99, marked down to $7.99. I used a promo code of THANKYOU20 and got 20% off my entire order. Sweet deal! Let me know what you order - if anything....
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #175
Matboard Maniac

Default Greetings from IL

Hi Stampers,

Doris, Lela's oldest sister, SU downline, from Bloomingdale IL here. Recruiter/Account Manager for a staffing and recruiting firm by day. Mom to son and DIL in FL, daughter in OK and Grandma to 2.75 year old grandson and 4 month old granddaughter.

I live with our Mom who just celebrated her 85th Birthday. We have frequent overnight visitors and most are stampers!!! I am in Deb's swap so I know a few of you, I think. April will be my last swap for awhile. Swaps take an entire weekend out of the month and I need to take some time off.

I have only posted on the Demo side. Janet (Lela) encouraged me to visit this side. We don't get to talk as much anymore, so I will try this out. It's hard to post long responses on my iPhone, so I guess I will have to boot up the notebook.

I followed OLW last year on Facebook. I am in a Logos 365 group this year- again, only reading on Facebook, liking and occasionally posting. Have not done any of the prompts.

Just joined a 6-week Faithart self-paced group on Facebook. Trying mixed media for the first time.

Cathy-love your cards!
Gail- my heart goes out to you. I am divorced, so I can identify with some of your pain. Give yourself time with patience.

Looking forward to visits!

Joyfully,
Doris
stamphappy1650 likes this post.
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #176

Hi you guys. I have returned safely from Fresno, where I had a beautiful weekend.

I always check the SCS "Featured Stamper" - and you guys, this week it is (Gregzgurl) Sue!!!! Sue, what an amazing honor and it is so well deserved. I'm absolutely going to do this challenge and I will post here when I do!

Cathy, great to see you checking in. I didn't attend the Stamp Convention either, although I wanted to.

More later!
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #177

HI SISTER!
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #178
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORISONTHELAKE View Post
Hi
Cathy-love your cards!

Looking forward to visits!

Joyfully,
Doris
Thanks for the compliment Doris! I didn't know Lela's sister was in the swaps too. I, too, have been contemplating stopping the swaps but we will see how they go for April. I use them for inspiration for my classes and workshops. Almost without exception, my customers have been stamping longer than I have so I need cards that are something new or different. Lela and I have discussed the limitations of the swap. I agree that it does take a bit of time - especially this month with 11. That's a lot of cards!

Welcome to the chat. Some have already posted their bios and some of keep promising (like me) to do so soon. Let us know yours so we can get to know you better. When (and I mean "when") you come out to visit Lela, let's all get together. I live about 15 minutes away.
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #179
Crimping Master

Doris, so how did Lela hoodwink you into signing up? Ha ha!
Unread 04-12-2015, 07:31 PM   #180
Forum Fanatic

Doris, welcome to the group!

Stamp convention was a lot of fun. I saw several of my stamping friends from my classes and the shoebox swap group and I won $10 to spend at Impression Obsession - woo hoo!! I bought 11 stamps that I love. Especially from Rubbernecker. I just love their watercolor flowers and snarky sentiments. I also bought 3 dies and 1 stencil. It was a little smaller this year but the companies were excellent.

I really don't scrapbook but the few that I did were in chronological order. I have all my pictures organized and ready to go but to be honest I should just put them in an album because I really don't like SB that much.

Shellie, hope you find what you like. I drove a 2001 Tundra for years and finally last year I bought a 2014 Highlander and I'm in love. I thought I didn't need the bells and whistles, but you know they are great. I drive a lot so this will probably be the last card I buy because I keep my cars forever. Last week I got a text while driving and the car read me the text - it just cracked me up!

Cathy, what fun to redo your stamp room. I painted mine a couple of years ago but I really need to replace my carpet with wood flooring. Be sure to show pics.

I actually did do my taxes so finally it's out of the way and I won't feel guilty making ATCs for the retreat. I have 60 made and I need about 20 more but I have a couple of weeks. I start getting excited the closer it gets.

Sue, what a great honor - so happy for you!!!

Hugs, P
Unread 04-12-2015, 07:44 PM   #181
Matboard Maniac

Default Hi sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Stamper View Post
HI SISTER!
love u
Serenity_Stamper likes this post.
Unread 04-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #182
Matboard Maniac

Default Hood winking

Quote:
Doris, so how did Lela hoodwink you into signing up? Ha ha!

To sign up for this chat? Su? Debs swap?

I miss her- and we won't have the monthly swap through the summer.
SU? I was a demo first!

Carrie is our sister too!!!

Congrats to Sue! Where do I go to see that? demo forum is all I have really done on scs

Joyfully,

Doris
Unread 04-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #183

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l-t598389.html

Featured Stamper challenge featuring Sue
Unread 04-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #184

Hello Ladies!Had a wonderful weekend. The weather was so beautiful! I actually spent most of yesterday in my studio, cleaning and purging some more but i had the door wide open letting the sunshine and warm air in.

I won't be getting a NEW new vehicle, just a new to me one. We've only had one car payment ever and that was for my truck. We like the flexibility of not using an extra $400-600 a month just to have something to drive. If we do find something we absolutely love and it's up to $3k over our settlement we will consider asking for a loan for the difference with the promise to ourselves that we will pay it off in 12-18 months, maximum. I've actually been looking at a Cadillac Escalade http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4958551298.html
It's older but seems to be in EXCELLENT condition and it has fairly low miles for the age. My Avalanche had almost 160,000 miles on and it was a few years younger than the Escalade. The only thing I don't like about the Escalade though, is the 20" chrome rims. My Avalanche was really comfy for a truck but it didn't have navigation and my poor sound system went kaput quite awhile ago. Anybody that knows me knows that music is my thing. A silent vehicle drives me batty. I wouldn't mind a bit of luxury for awhile.

Cathy- my husbands family has been going to Van Damme for about 43 years. We get a/the group camp site and it's one big festival of family fun for 6 days. We average about 45 people. We always do it in June. This year is going to be a blast. My oldest daughter will be coming for the whole week this year and one of nephews and his wife will be there (for the last time in 3 years-they are being stationed at Okinawa and will be leaving at the end of June )

My church asked me to design the cards. I made three samples and let them choose their favorite. Of course, me being me, I've changed them twice since then
I think I have finally settled on the newest design though. I really enjoyed making this rendition and it looks really nice. I'll share a picture of it tomorrow. I'm too tired to upload anything tonight.

Time for me to go chill out with the family...They are watching something on Netflix. Now that my turkey burger has settled I think I'll enjoy a scoop of ice cream while ummm...chillin' with the people

ttfn
Unread 04-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #185
Crimping Master

Doris, I was referring to signing with SU. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. If you are Lela's DL, did you drop at some point and then re-sign under Lela at some point?

If I am understanding correctly, Deb doesn't do the swap in the summer, correct? I didn't know that.

Shellie, I remember reading a couple years back on SCS that you lost a friend over at Van Damme, correct? That big of a group sounds like a lot of fun. We actually were married over there on the back deck of our house with our closest relatives there (still 30 people). Husband has been a diver over there for 35 years and I was certified up there but am a warm water diver. We lost a friend up there years ago to a great white shark. Our other friend was able to swim to the boat. You never know...

Congrats Sue on being the featured stamper. I haven't posted to the gallery in years. I am lucky to get posts onto my blog on a consistent basis. Something that I need to do today, in fact. I usually sit down and schedule out a few weeks' worth at a time.

Lela, sounds like you are on the move a lot. Is it always that way?

Pauline, sounds like you found some cool stuff on Saturday. I hope you get to play with it today.

Have a great week everyone!
Unread 04-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #186
Matboard Maniac

Default Su

Quote:
Doris, I was referring to signing with SU. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. If you are Lela's DL, did you drop at some point and then re-sign under Lela at some point?

Yes. Carrie and I signed up in 2003/2004. Attended convention in Orlando FL. Dropped and signed up again.

If I am understanding correctly, Deb doesn't do the swap in the summer, correct? I didn't know that.

Our Mom and I go on day trips to a lake a few hours away several times over the summer so I personally am dropping out of Debs swap. I am sure that the swaps will continue through the summer without my participation.

Shellie, I remember reading a couple years back on SCS that you lost a friend over at Van Damme, correct? That big of a group sounds like a lot of fun. We actually were married over there on the back deck of our house with our closest relatives there (still 30 people). Husband has been a diver over there for 35 years and I was certified up there but am a warm water diver. We lost a friend up there years ago to a great white shark. Our other friend was able to swim to the boat. You never know...

Congrats Sue on being the featured stamper. I haven't posted to the gallery in years. I am lucky to get posts onto my blog on a consistent basis. Something that I need to do today, in fact. I usually sit down and schedule out a few weeks' worth at a time.

Lela, sounds like you are on the move a lot. Is it always that way?

Pauline, sounds like you found some cool stuff on Saturday. I hope you get to play with it today.

Have a great week everyone! Take care!! Fun!!!!
Doris
Unread 04-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #187

Hi guys. Hope your Monday has been great so far.

Lots to catch up on.

Pauline, your Saturday sounds like it was AWESOME! I love rubber stamp conventions. I used to work them for the old Rubbernecker booth and then SITH (Stamp in the hand). One year I worked the ASITH booth and I left owing HER money. She was quite surprised.

I have 3 sisters and we all stamp across the miles. So glad you joined us here, Doris!

Shellie and Cathy, we love the coast. Gualala and Mendocino - it's where we got engaged. The trail you described sounds lovely. Shellie, if you try it please report back. Sorry to hear about all the loss.

LM, I tried following the link to you maybe new Cadillac and the link didn't work. I hope it all works out as you wish.

Gotta run . Doorbell.
Unread 04-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #188

Home again.

Wow - you are all so busy! Although this last weekend has worn me out!

Dd and I drove to Vancouver and spent time with my son's in-laws. Wonderful time, ate lots of Asian food. Went to a Chris Tomlin/Rend Collective concert on Sunday night. Drove home yesterday (Tuesday).

Now I am trying to get caught up on everything I could/should/might have done instead of going away.

Haven't stamped lately, but managed to write a bunch of belated thank you cards for friends and family in Vancouver. Using up my Paper Pumpkin cards. I still have more thank you cards to write. I am only a 'few' months late.

Taxes deadline here is April 30, I suppose I should get started, but the thought of it gives me nightmares. However, it won't get easier.

I am so envious of you who live in warm and/or coastal places. Vancouver was so nice and green, it is difficult to come back to Edmonton and all the brown.

Back to work.
Unread 04-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #189
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry about the fly-by post here - can't reply to everyone else right now... If you have a minute and the inclination, could you please send up a prayer or two for my son? He collapsed in Costco last night and is in an induced coma while they try to figure out what's going on. He has a wife and three kids (12, 9 and 4 years old) who still need him around and we're all kind of freaking out right now. Thanks and I'll circle around to chat when things are calmer...

Unread 04-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #190
Matboard Maniac

Default Praying in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Sorry about the fly-by post here - can't reply to everyone else right now... If you have a minute and the inclination, could you please send up a prayer or two for my son? He collapsed in Costco last night and is in an induced coma while they try to figure out what's going on. He has a wife and three kids (12, 9 and 4 years old) who still need him around and we're all kind of freaking out right now. Thanks and I'll circle around to chat when things are calmer...
Praying for healing for your son, wisdom for the DRs and team caring for him and peace for you and family. God is faithful. Take care.

Love
Doris
Unread 04-16-2015, 10:41 PM   #191

Sue, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Kind wishes for courage and grace to bring you all through this.

Gail, it's great to see you. Congratulations on getting your thankyou cards done.

I'll visit more this weekend.

Lela
Unread 04-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #192
Crimping Master

Sue, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated when you are able. Right now is family time.
Unread 04-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #193

Hi Gail! Good to see you

Glad you had a good time with your son's in-laws. I love Asian food. Aw who am I kidding, I just love food!

Sue, so sorry to hear about your son. I am sending prayers for peace and comfort to the entire family and for the doctors to have the wisdom and knowledge to figure out what is going on. Hugs to you.

Tax season is over here. I have my husband back!
We looked at a Ford Explorer yesterday but I wasn't even remotely impressed with that particular model. Despite leather seats it was an overall downgrade from my Avalanche. We are going to look at another Explorer this evening that has more goodies but higher mileage. If I don't like that one enough to buy it then we will be refocusing on maybe a Yukon or Escalade. I still REALLY like that Escalade overall and we can always switch out the wheels or see if the seller would switch out the wheels. That Escalade has been the best value for the money out of everything we even called about and it appears that it's still available for sale. I guess we'll see. If I learned one thing it's to trust God in ALL things. He has always provided exactly what we needed when we needed it. It won't be any different this time.

Tomorrow is this month's Saturday Supper. I'm smoking a beef brisket and a couple of chickens. I'm also going to make coleslaw, baked beans, grilled veggies, homemade onion rings, fried pickles, and bite-size cheesecake mousse thingy's. That is if they turn out. It's a complete and total experiment. Oh, and we'll have a fruit tray. There will be 15 for dinner including us. It's supposed to be a beautiful warm day. I'm looking forward to it

I have to run off and make the BBQ sauces now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

shellie
Unread 04-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #194
Proud Fan Club Member

Quick update: They brought Jason out of hypothermia overnight and he was back to normal temperature by 3:00 this morning. My DIL went to take a quick shower and when she got back his eyes were open. He can't talk, since he's still on a ventilator, but he's breathing along with it, so they will wean him off of that over the next few days. The neurologist saw him today and said that she's pleased with the progress that he's making. All signs point to anaphylactic shock (he has severe allergies to artificial sweeteners), so that's more or less what they're chalking it up to. The bad news is that it happened, the good news is that everything happened in the best possible way that something this bad can happen, if that makes sense. None of the "bumps" in the hypothermic protocol that could have happened did, for example.

At first there was concern among the family that he was unresponsive in the ambulance, but that allowed them to put him into hypothermia and induced coma and protect all of his organs (and especially his brain) while they were figuring things out. Had he been awake, they would have just had to start treating without having time to really know what they were treating. He was holding onto the shopping cart when he collapsed, so - even though he pulled the cart over on himself - it slowed his momentum enough to avoid cracking his head open. We feel incredibly fortunate that everything appears to be best-case scenario, as opposed to the tragedy that could easily have occurred. Thank you for the well-wishes and prayers - they obviously helped!

Unread 04-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #195
Proud Fan Club Member

Totally unrelated frivolous comment: I got a haircut today - about eight inches GONE! It was time for a change (way past time, actually). I plan to change my profile picture here on SCS as soon as my daughter takes one I can live with...

beaddict likes this post.
Unread 04-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #196

Sue, what an incredible outcome, with blessings all along the way! You must be so relieved. I'm so happy for you all.

Shellie, good luck with your vehicle decision. I'm glad DH is back. Your dinner sounds exquisite, and it occurs to me that you are really only a couple of hours away LOL! My DH is a real foodie.

I had a bomb dropped on me this afternoon. I am hosting a planning meeting next week and my boss changed the agenda majorly today at 3pm. My head is spinning. This came after a very long week. She's not a drama person - things are moving quickly and we are all doing our best. I need some playtime with my art toys before I hunker down to work again and readjust the agenda. Seems like all i am doing is planning for the plan.

Thanks for listening.
gregzgurl likes this post.
Unread 04-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #197

I just joined a n.v.r. twinchie swap, if anyone wants to come play. I probably won't do summer swaps with Deb. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...a-t598322.html
Unread 04-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #198
Crimping Master

Sue, wonderful news about your son! I am so happy for you. My MIL has had three strokes since January 5. Fortunately, she has resolved 100% each time. She is 87 years old and we know that this will not be the case every time but we certainly are counting our blessings.

Shellie, car shopping can be such fun and a lot of frustration too. The last few times I have purchased a new car, I knew exactly what I wanted - it made it so much easier. Shopping used is also stressful as you never know what the history really is on a car. You have to trust your gut and check it out as much as you can.

Lela, how are you doing on your swaps? I have one more to assemble and I am done. I am not 100% sure that Deb will be happy with something I have done but oh well. I did one part on my Scan N Cut using a SU item (won't tell you so you can be surprised). I generally tell how to do what I did and if you or anyone else has questions, my email address is on the recipe. I figure e-cutters are beginning to be in every craft room and I am showing a way to incorporate them with SU. We will see what Deb thinks.

I am heading out to go wine tasting with a group of friends today. Sound like fun? Nope - I don't drink wine. It is a great group of friends and I am hoping that the conversation is not all about the wines being tasted. The weather is beautiful and we will be up in the foothills so it will be nice to get out in the fresh air.

My step-dad passed away last April and I am helping my mother go through her house and get rid of 25 years of accumulated stuff. Her craft room looked like a hoarder's house where there was just a little pathway to get around the outside edges. On Tuesday, we moved Chuck's huge desk out of his office along with a file cabinet that wasn't being used and moved a small desk from my mom's craft room into the office. I moved a couple of bookcases around and set up her computer. The room looks awesome! So much more like my mom's style. I also moved a bunch of her stuff around in the craft room since we moved the one desk and now she has almost the entire center of the room clear - just a desk in an "L" shape sticking out into the middle. It was great to see the smile on her face when she looked in the room. I left around 6 pm and gave her a homework assignment to go through a bunch of bags of stuff this week. I will return on Tuesday and we will continue going through her craft room. She called last night and reported being through most of the bags. I think she is excited about the changes. It is nice to see her happy. It has been a rough year for her.

For those of you in the Sacramento area, I will post when the garage sale happens - there will be lots of stamping stuff!

Off to the wine tasting.....
Unread 04-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #199

cathy, i don't drink wine either. hope you have a lovely visit with friends. i am glad to hear your mom has hope, is smiling, and is getting her house in order. your mom is very sweet - please say hi for me. please let me know about the garage sale. there are some things i need, and if i am in town it will be great to see you. i am feeling too stifled in deb's swap, because i an moving to non su only. i will be grateful to see how you incorporated an e cutter.

i'm starting to decompress after a very long work week. i need to get back to my craft area and work on deb's swap. i am most inspired though, to work on the twinchie swap!!

hope everyone has a healthy and peaceful weekend. see you again soon, i am sure. i am around all weekend for the first time in a long time.
Unread 04-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #200

Quiet weekend for everyone.

I really made it a point to relax this weekend, and get some personal stuff done. My credit card had been a victim of fraud, and I seriously could not even take time out of my work day to call and get a replacement - it has been THAT busy. I finally got my new card, and I am cleaning up all my online records. I've unpacked from Chicago and Selma. I did some art journaling and laundry and bills.

DH is in the final stages of arranging a cruise for us in October - a European river/castle cruise!

I didn't work on Deb's swap and I know I am going to be sorry next weekend!!

I got a massage. And we had our first swimming day of the year!!

Hope you are all doing well? Here is the final piece of news I will leave you with. FINALLY a decent yellow. I hope SU! adopts it - for me, I have NOT been a fan of all these muddy yellows the past few years. Pantone introduces its first new colour in three years: Minion Yellow - CNET

Rock on,

Lela