Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #22721
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Soni. None of that noise here. I wish! Besides church, what's on your agenda for the day?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #22722
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my! I can just 'hear' Brenda and Tammy over that one. Brenda is very sweet and I'm sure she has passed those attributes on to her children, just has Tammy has to hers. Be interesting to see if this progresses now that he knows they are not related hehe. And what a family story to share through the years
Old 09-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #22723
Stazon Splitcoast

A little nuthatch just sat on the feeder, looked right in the window and tweeted at me as if to say good morning, thanks for breakfast. Now he's out in the tree telling everyone else
Shell, mschoener and Beachbound like this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #22724
Stazon Splitcoast

Town celebration went well yesterday. Although we had more vendors, things just didn't seem as busy. Last year I felt like I needed to be in 4 places at once. Yesterday, I spent most of the first two hours with the guy from the radio station doing the live remote. As soon as he found out I was familiar with radio remotes, he put me on as his on-air partner. Had fun. Miss doing radio stuff.

Was really tired by 5:30. came home and laid down for a bit before I had to be back out to cover the fireworks. Very long day.
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #22725
Stazon Splitcoast

I really coated Bob's shop good with the insecticide yesterday before I left. Never thought to turn off the AC since there isn't any in his shop. Well, apparently I managed to pull the fumes throughout the whole house. Surprised I had cats when I came home. I turned off the AC and opened up the house last night. Not looking forward to turning it back on today.

I'm spending the day in the studio. Whoo Hooo! So glad that area is flea free and I can get back to playing.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #22726
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Good morning, Soni. None of that noise here. I wish! Besides church, what's on your agenda for the day?
it is AG day up at the park, I might stop up there , lots of stuff for the kids going on, may grab a sandwich up there too
not sure... need to come home and make some corn casserole to take to the fish fry tonight... providing we do not get rained out ...

not too much going on today

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #22727
First To Quack

Hi Ladies!

How exciting for Brooke! Knowing her date well will ease any nerves too, I am so happy for her.

Kelly, on the air again, huh? That sounds pretty cool! You do stay busy, don't you?

Maggie, as usual you kept busy too. Good to have the car done even if the time was longer than you expected. Great about the gas bill, hope it wasn't an error

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #22728
First To Quack

Today we'll run over to Justin's and get some fabric so I can get started. Great news is the play isn't until Jan so I can take my time, yeah!!!!! Not sure why I thought they said Nov but this is wonderful news for me.

Cards from the Cabana
mschoener, Soni B and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #22729
Stazon Splitcoast

I've decided on prepackaged BBQ brisket with broccoli and cheese sauce for late lunch today. I found individual packets of Velveeta cheese sauce (like comes in their velveeta and shells dinners) at Dollar General the other day. Perfect for Bob and I without having to make it from scratch.. which I really do like my own sauce, just seems to make more than Bob and I need for a meal. AT $1 a package, this will be so much easier.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #22730
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.. I'm finding a 'few' fleas in the bedroom yet. I'm thinking they're under the flair square tiles. I'm not going to get them out of there until Wed. so in the mean time I've sprayed home defense across the floor. I can say, they are slow moving. They appear too drugged to 'jump' hehe.

So far I've been to the studio, the utility room and the sewing room without seeing any more fleas hopping on me. I'm off to vacuum down there and start putting things to rights. So ready to end the clutter!

I'm playing VSN bingo this weekend so I'll be in and out all day. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #22731
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Maggie

I just opened my email and am going to check the stamp sets out first thing before they go to your daughter's. I'll email you back in a bit.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #22732
Mini Quack

I have been in the kitchen since we came home from Church, I made brownies, only to need to make a second batch...I grabbed the wrong pan so now I can add another one to the pile that is warped... I do believe pile is on its way to the garage to be filed in the big garbage can AARRGGHHHOh well there will be a few skinny ones to leave here for the kids...lol

and the corn casserole is ready to go in the oven soon...

I spent some time looking for a file on the computer, I scanned in Ali's birth certificate last year or earlier this year , Krista needs it again as she cannot find Ali's birth certificate again...but it must have been in my documents that was deleted a while back... one of the gremlin nights, no clue as to why, just woke up to find it empty...

we will head back to church about 4:30 I hope the boys go, it sounds like a lot of fun... games and a treasure hunt for them... good food for the grown ups...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #22733
Stazon Splitcoast

sorry about the file, Soni. I don't keep anything important on the computer. I keep hard copies only in the fire safe box. I'm just cautious like that.

So what's wrong with 'warped' brownies. They still eat good, don't they? Maybe cut up in a trifle with French Vanilla pudding? No one would ever know they were 'warped'. hehe

Hope the boys go. Sounds like a lot of fun.

After not winning at bingo, I'm off to the basement. I did get down their early to run the sweeper and put things to rights a bit. Now I have a place to sit and work Yay!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #22734
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
it is AG day up at the park, I might stop up there , lots of stuff for the kids going on, may grab a sandwich up there too
not sure... need to come home and make some corn casserole to take to the fish fry tonight... providing we do not get rained out ...

not too much going on today

I can totally relate to that ....

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful day planned. I hope ya'll had a great time.

We had Sunday school and church. Jonah had to be at church at 7:15 to rehearse for the service (he was playing drums in the praise band). A soldier from our county got killed in Afghanistan on the 31st, so we cut church short and went out to the street. His processional (coming back into the state) was this morning and went right in front of our church. We all went out to honor him.

After the processional, we had a lunch meeting for ministry teams and church committees. Then, we had a meeting of children's workers. Argh ... I'm meetinged out!! LOL! While we were at that meeting, Dusty came to pick up Caitlyn (Mom had her all weekend). I took Mom home, and I worked on her iPhone a bit. I dropped by the Ace Hardware to get some of the fall garden plants and went to the store before going home. When I got home, I unloaded the groceries, turned the water on in the garden, and put a salt block out by the woods for the deer.

I'm very glad to be at home, changed, and fed. Long day.

Tomorrow isn't quite as busy ..... riding at 10:30, piano at 1:15, and sewing lessons at 3....

Photography Site

Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #22735
Stazon Splitcoast

sounds like a very long day, Shell. How sad for the family of the soldier. I'm sure it was his time and he was doing what he wanted to do, but none of those make the loss easier.

You're getting all geared for fall. I've been looking at mums but haven't found any I like. I might try Home Depot tomorrow while I'm in Poplar Bluff. Now that we have the new deck, I have matching pots for either side of the approach I want to put something fallish in. Waiting for pumpkins.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #22736
Stazon Splitcoast

I got 5 identical cards done. 4 of them are for a swap. We were suppose to make a card using something we got at Stamp Expo in Collinsville last year. I used the dry embossing on acetate technique I learned. Did a fall card using the Fall Leaves from Sizzix. I'll have a pic up on my blog tomorrow (that's the plan) LOL
Shell and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #22737
First To Quack

well, I've got fabric now! Turns out that Disney donated a ton last year & Liz forgot about it. We went to JoAnns & bought another $400 worth (all on sale) I don't have anything for the guys yet but I can at least get started on the girls.

Cards from the Cabana
Shell, mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #22738
First To Quack

long day, I have not even seen the paper yet so I'm off until tomorrow. Good night!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #22739
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.. trying not to choke on the amount you spent on fabric Yikes! I realize it's for a project but YIKES! oh wait.. I said that already Have fun!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #22740
Stazon Splitcoast

Dinner is good... though I'm not getting to eat it until 8 p.m. Bob called... and he always comes first.

The velveeta in the pouch might be good to stir into pasta but if you're using it on say, broccoli, I think it needs thinned down. I have enough cheese sauce left and enough broccoli to eat again tomorrow night so am going to try thinning it down with some fat free 1/2 an 1/2 to see if it works better. Tastes good... just too thick for the vegie.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #22741
Mini Quack

The fish fry was nice, the fish was really good and the rest of the food and deserts were all awesome... The kids played frisbee, catch with a foot ball , bag toss, and a water balloons and did the scavenger hunt with a treasure chest at the end...

I am ready for a bath , my chair and my book!~ maybe lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Shell, mschoener and Beachbound like this post.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #22742
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad everyone had a good time, Soni. Sometimes you just need time like that. I've gotten everything out of the way and visiting with a writer friend in Houston. When we're done I'm headed to my pillows with TV or a book.

You've been watching the Cedar Cove series haven't you?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #22743
Stazon Splitcoast

okay.. there is fluffy and tv in my immediate future. Tomorrow starts a very long week. Aside from lining up interviews I have 'organizational' meeting for the Chamber on Tuesday, City Council on Wed and more work to do on this house. Ugh! Yep. I'm tired.
Sweet Dreams.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #22744
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
she did some dances in Jr High, but I do believe this will be her first invited by a young man type

Tammy's best friend Brenda has 2 sons and a daughter... the guys are 14 and near 15 I think any way in a discussion that the tounger one ( akso a freshman this year ) could ask a "friend" not a date persay... when Brookes name came up he said I cannot she is my cousin...

well the funny story is the older bot came in and agreed, MOM he cannot do that... it took a good sit down and totally clear the air to explain that "Aunt Tammy " is not really an aunt so Brooke is not really a "cousin"

all I know is that it did not take Matthew too many minutes before he was on the phone to Brooke...lol
He has chosen to bring her gifts home every year from vacation now for several years... just too sweet ... but he was quite happy to learn they were not really related...

just made me giggle
If you knew Brenda , you would know she still raises her boys in a good way... totally full of goodness, polite, mannerly and fun... so to see their faces would have been priceless I am sure... I hear Tammy and Brenda did a good bit of texting that night...lol
That's cute that the boy thought that they were related so he couldn't ask her to the dance. So glad that they got that figured out. Isn't it nice to know that there are still really good kids out there.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #22745
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning....

Time to be up and moving

wow it was a noisy night...not sure if we had rain but we had all the sound effects and the lightning to go with it... One of the times I am not fond of my bedroom windows lol
We could sure use some rain around my house. I thought we might get some yesterday and today, but it went all around my neighborhood and we didn't get but a drop maybe. Even heard some thunder and saw some lightning last night, but never did rain. I've been watering again. This morning before church I put the sprinkler on the back yard. Had to move it once to get the whole yard. I usually put it on for an hour at a time.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 09-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #22746
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Town celebration went well yesterday. Although we had more vendors, things just didn't seem as busy. Last year I felt like I needed to be in 4 places at once. Yesterday, I spent most of the first two hours with the guy from the radio station doing the live remote. As soon as he found out I was familiar with radio remotes, he put me on as his on-air partner. Had fun. Miss doing radio stuff.

Was really tired by 5:30. came home and laid down for a bit before I had to be back out to cover the fireworks. Very long day.
How fun to be on the radio. Did they have a good fireworks display?
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #22747
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Hi Ladies!

How exciting for Brooke! Knowing her date well will ease any nerves too, I am so happy for her.

Kelly, on the air again, huh? That sounds pretty cool! You do stay busy, don't you?

Maggie, as usual you kept busy too. Good to have the car done even if the time was longer than you expected. Great about the gas bill, hope it wasn't an error
I checked it out. I don't understand how I could have overpaid, but it looks legit. Whatever it is, I'll take it.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 09-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #22748
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have been in the kitchen since we came home from Church, I made brownies, only to need to make a second batch...I grabbed the wrong pan so now I can add another one to the pile that is warped... I do believe pile is on its way to the garage to be filed in the big garbage can AARRGGHHHOh well there will be a few skinny ones to leave here for the kids...lol

and the corn casserole is ready to go in the oven soon...

I spent some time looking for a file on the computer, I scanned in Ali's birth certificate last year or earlier this year , Krista needs it again as she cannot find Ali's birth certificate again...but it must have been in my documents that was deleted a while back... one of the gremlin nights, no clue as to why, just woke up to find it empty...

we will head back to church about 4:30 I hope the boys go, it sounds like a lot of fun... games and a treasure hunt for them... good food for the grown ups...
Hope everyone had a fun evening.

Of course, I made brownies for dessert tonight. Also had some chocolate ice cream to put on top. Yummy.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 09-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #22749
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I can totally relate to that ....

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful day planned. I hope ya'll had a great time.

We had Sunday school and church. Jonah had to be at church at 7:15 to rehearse for the service (he was playing drums in the praise band). A soldier from our county got killed in Afghanistan on the 31st, so we cut church short and went out to the street. His processional (coming back into the state) was this morning and went right in front of our church. We all went out to honor him.

After the processional, we had a lunch meeting for ministry teams and church committees. Then, we had a meeting of children's workers. Argh ... I'm meetinged out!! LOL! While we were at that meeting, Dusty came to pick up Caitlyn (Mom had her all weekend). I took Mom home, and I worked on her iPhone a bit. I dropped by the Ace Hardware to get some of the fall garden plants and went to the store before going home. When I got home, I unloaded the groceries, turned the water on in the garden, and put a salt block out by the woods for the deer.

I'm very glad to be at home, changed, and fed. Long day.

Tomorrow isn't quite as busy ..... riding at 10:30, piano at 1:15, and sewing lessons at 3....
Sad about the young man who died serving his country. That was so sweet of all of you to go out and pay tribute to his remains as they passed by. I'm sure his family was appreciative of that gesture.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #22750
Quacker Stamper

Dinner turned out very well tonight. Anytime I make something that everyone will it, I call that success!

I've got the cat trap out tonight trying to get those 3 kittens or one of their parents. So far I caught Maggie Mae's mama. Had to reload it since she ate all the cat food that I put in there. Now hope I catch one that I haven't caught before.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Shell likes this post.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #22751
Mini Quack

Quote:
Glad everyone had a good time, Soni. Sometimes you just need time like that. I've gotten everything out of the way and visiting with a writer friend in Houston. When we're done I'm headed to my pillows with TV or a book.

You've been watching the Cedar Cove series haven't you?
yes usually I watch it on Saturday night since we have small group on Sunday night every other week

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #22752
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That's cute that the boy thought that they were related so he couldn't ask her to the dance. So glad that they got that figured out. Isn't it nice to know that there are still really good kids out there.
oh yes, especially when it comes to these grand kids growing up I hope they have a fun night just being themselves... they really have a great time together usually... a good memory of a first date is a a good thing in my opinion good memories of high school are even better

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #22753
Mini Quack

good morning... we never did get any rain, all that noise the other night hit anywhere from a few miles away to 25 miles away... trees down, power out internet out and 1 - 3 inches of rain...

today is going to be hot and dry... 93 expected but heat index in triple digits... yep a good day to stay inside... I need to plan my week...Thursday I am going to a quilt show with Sandy...over in
Princeton... Tueday night Cody has a game near by , and at some point I need to go get some little things for Faith, her party is next Sunday here ...I think I will give them $$ to go towards her big gift... She really does not need any toys lol maybe an out fit or jammies, you know a girl must have pretty jammies, right??? lol I will need to go to Walmart after my check comes this week too

I will have Faith on Saturday as Brooke has band competition and Tammy has a fund raiser to host with 31... so Faith will just stay here and go to church before her party ... I guess I will clean and get things ready after she goes to bed : ) I imagine Aunt Krista will be busy making a cake : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 09-09-2013 at 07:05 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #22754
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We could sure use some rain around my house. I thought we might get some yesterday and today, but it went all around my neighborhood and we didn't get but a drop maybe. Even heard some thunder and saw some lightning last night, but never did rain. I've been watering again. This morning before church I put the sprinkler on the back yard. Had to move it once to get the whole yard. I usually put it on for an hour at a time.
They say some areas got rain here. I didn't see any evidence of it at our place.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #22755
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
How fun to be on the radio. Did they have a good fireworks display?

yes. Whomever donated the money for the fireworks did very well. There were some politics involved that I'll be addressing at the city council meeting on Wed.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #22756
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a busy week for you too, Soni. It's already humid here. Glad I"m spending most of it in the basement. I do need to go into the bank for information about the winners of events on Saturday and mail my contract off. After that I'm in the basement to finish up a bunch of projects, get some interviews scheduled and start getting some books reviewed. I've decided I just don't have time for sleep...

but I'd sit around in pretty girl jammies
Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #22757
Stazon Splitcoast

And now that Bob has called I"m off to start my day. Need to email my editor and let her know the newspaper articles won't hit her desk till later this afternoon then I"m off to the shower then into town.

Will try to check in tonight.
Be safe and have a Great day!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #22758
Mini Quack

well my morning is gone...and was some what productive..

great study time... all clean and fresh after mopping hard floors and sweeping the carpeted area... kitchen cleaned, dishes done, garbage out...
and a mental draft of a needed note to go out... hope to get that in writing this after noon. pop it in the mail as I return a book to the library...

off to eat some lunch, plan supper , and enjoy my after noon...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #22759
Quacker Stamper

Not quite so good morning here.

I had good luck with the trap. After letting Maggie Mae's mama out of the trap and resetting it, I was able to get the 2 little black/white twins in there together! I was so happy that I got both of them at the same time. Took them to the Humane Society this morning at 10 a.m. Hopefully they'll be adoptable and will find forever homes. I decided that I'm not keeping any kittens that come in my yard. I have one more out there and hope I can get that one too real soon. Then there are their mom and dad. I think it's the mama cat that is pretty friendly, so I may be able to put her in a carrier and take her to SNAP which means I need an appointment. I think there is one more cat that lives across the street. It doesn't always come over here to eat so not sure what to do about that one yet.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #22760
First To Quack

Quote:
Okay.. trying not to choke on the amount you spent on fabric Yikes! I realize it's for a project but YIKES! oh wait.. I said that already Have fun!
I know! And it's not all we need. I have not counted up the number of costumes I need to make. With 4 parts double cast that adds to it too, plus one is the queen who has a huge costume. One queen is 5' & the other one is 5'10"....thanks Liz!

Cards from the Cabana
ScrappinCEO likes this post.