Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #9481
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
my cake and my grands at fireworks and Ali and her botfriend : )
Sweet! Ah ha! Very nice.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #9482
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
and Faith all dressed for 4 th of July , could not have just one lol
She's so adorable!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #9483
Quacker Stamper

Time to be off to bed. My computer was giving me fits again tonight. I was trying to do a blog hop and it kept freezing up. Can't figure out what's going on.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #9484
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That is so sweet of Brooke. That's so sad though about her Aunt Janelle. I'll be keeping her in my prayers.
thanks Maggie for the prayers...
yes she designed it by herself, and knew exactly what she wanted to do...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #9485
Mini Quack

WOW my house is QUIET... Brooke is next door at Aunt Krista's for a sleep over... I have not been alone since early Wednesday ....

I am off to read and go to bed early I think, Brooke will be home early in the morning,
K & K and kids are off to scout a new team for Ali...she needs to move up ..her team now is done for the season, but is 14 and under so she needs to move up to a 16 and under team
So Brooke will be back here so we can get ready to go meet her Mom Tammy is doing a 31 show at her best friends house, we are all hoping to go ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #9486
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Morning!! A stay home day maybe get some food in the house....

Suzy, where are you, girl? Did y'all have a fireworks show last week?
Hi all....yes, we did fireworks on the 4th in Palestine, TX. The show went well...and clean up went smoothly. Was in bed by 2am.

I haven't been on much....we lost one of our kitties a week ago. So, I just haven't felt like being on. I figured I just wouldn't be much company to y'all. I know it will just take some time to adjust to having just two.

Night all....
Unread 07-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #9487
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hi all....yes, we did fireworks on the 4th in Palestine, TX. The show went well...and clean up went smoothly. Was in bed by 2am.

I haven't been on much....we lost one of our kitties a week ago. So, I just haven't felt like being on. I figured I just wouldn't be much company to y'all. I know it will just take some time to adjust to having just two.

Night all....
OH NO so sorry Suzy, which kitty??? yes time will help, but we understand this is sad and difficult ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #9488
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Night all....
Oh no, Suzy, I'm so sorry. What happened? I don't recall any of them being sick. You know that we all know how you feel and are here for you.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #9489
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. I've got to get things ready for church tomorrow. A little nervous about my talk today, but I'm all prepared so, should go okay.

Then I've got the rest of the day to myself - no family. DGD left for Canada yesterday for 2 weeks. DGS and SIL go off to Scout camp today for a week, so it'll be quiet for my DD also for the next couple of weeks. She is planning to paint their playroom which is pretty large.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #9490
First To Quack

Morning Ladies!

Hugs, Suzy! I know how hard this will be with Pie looking for Sunny. I hat this for you.

Cards from the Cabana
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #9491
First To Quack

Soni, the pictures of Faith are wonderful, how very fast they grow!!!! I can't get over Ali with a boyfriend already too. wowsters.

Cards from the Cabana
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #9492
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi - can I stop in to chat?

Trying to sort through things and taking a break. Slow going because I have to look through everything. I try to put any personal information through the shredder and then mix the shreds in with the puppy pads. How's that for caution?

Davina took me out for supper last night for my birthday. I had ribeye. Have enough leftover for supper tonight.

I'm trying to stay upbeat, but it's really hard. I have so much stress right now and I find myself bursting into tears for the stupidest reasons.

I made a big decision yesterday. I told Larry to go ahead and file.He's the one that wants the divorce, let him pay for it.

I can't afford to hire an attorney right now, I have the funeral to pay for - my brothers never offered a dime, not even to help pay for the flower arrangement.

I'm going to back and read to see what I missed in the last 5wks.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #9493
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Got the garden bench all done. Ugh! That was hard work. The sides and back are cast iron so very heavy. It was a trick getting it all lined up and all the bolts and nuts in tight. Here's a couple photos. First is the umbrella table. Second is the bench. The back of the bench is cast iron and has a Hummingbird design. Third just shows where the bench is. Fourth is the umbrella set up and open.
Looks nice. How big is your back yard? Do you find that the wooden fence stops any breezes?

Unread 07-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #9494
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Glad you guys had a fun day. I really, really missed seeing fireworks in person. I did watch the Boston Pops show because I like them, but it's just not the same as seeing in person. I think next year I'm going to find a place to go see them even if I have to go by myself.

Enjoy your lunch.

I didn't see fireworks this year. In fact all the surrounding towns cancelled fireworks because of the drought. Too risky. I had to work the 5th, so I guess it was okay.

My time a home is pretty lonely. I need to get over this double whammy and move on. Davina and family have such a busy schedule and I don't like inviting myself or infringing on their family things. I try to wait for invitations from them - but so far, not too many coming my way. Jason has his own friends and activities - hanging with his mother is not cool.

I know it will take time. Maybe I need a trip to Illinois to brighten up my world - unfortunately, with the dogs and my limited time off from work I don't know how to arrange the trip.

Unread 07-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #9495
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Soni, the pictures of Faith are wonderful, how very fast they grow!!!! I can't get over Ali with a boyfriend already too. wowsters.
thank you , Faith is changing daily and growing just as fast... I tried to post different faces so you all can see , the "cheesy" smile cracks me up

Ali has been "going with " Donovan since the day after graduation I think...He is really great kid, very into athletics, and has a summer job so between their sports they do not see a lot of each other,when they do it is usually at Ali's house or here ...because it is like 8 or 9 at night. But he calm, polite, has a knock our smile and even plays with her brothers, builds legos, or shoots pool, just a good all around young boy... yes he has grandmas approval

3 1/2 years she will be 18

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #9496
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post

Trying to sort through things and taking a break. Slow going because I have to look through everything. I try to put any personal information through the shredder and then mix the shreds in with the puppy pads. How's that for caution?

Davina took me out for supper last night for my birthday. I had ribeye. Have enough leftover for supper tonight.

I'm trying to stay upbeat, but it's really hard. I have so much stress right now and I find myself bursting into tears for the stupidest reasons.

I made a big decision yesterday. I told Larry to go ahead and file.He's the one that wants the divorce, let him pay for it.

I can't afford to hire an attorney right now, I have the funeral to pay for - my brothers never offered a dime, not even to help pay for the flower arrangement.

Hi Sue, sorry for your ongoing stress... and bursting out in tears, well my dear friend, it happens... to all of us...silly little things or real reasons...it just happens...

Wow that is sad about your brothers, Most places are pretty good to deal with, I pray that you might find a little help along the way...I had pleasant surprises, hoping you do too...

As far as Larry, I understand, not sure why he is wanting the divorse, but do not do it for the wrong reason, I know you have plenty of right reasons hugs, miss you

how is work going ?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #9497
Mini Quack

Quote:
I didn't see fireworks this year. In fact all the surrounding towns cancelled fireworks because of the drought. Too risky. I had to work the 5th, so I guess it was okay.

My time a home is pretty lonely. I need to get over this double whammy and move on. Davina and family have such a busy schedule and I don't like inviting myself or infringing on their family things. I try to wait for invitations from them - but so far, not too many coming my way. Jason has his own friends and activities - hanging with his mother is not cool.

I know it will take time. Maybe I need a trip to Illinois to brighten up my world - unfortunately, with the dogs and my limited time off from work I don't know how to arrange the trip.
well I say lets work on that...you can bring your puppies, not a problem...Daisy loves going to Kristas if that would help...I know some one in Illinois that could use a visit too...so you say when... or like I said maybe I can come that way...but I think you need to get away... I will cook what ever you want and we can do anything you want or nothing at all...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #9498
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes I have seem lots of the reddish brown ones here...I killed three in my breezeway wednesday
I've been killing wasps in the house too. In fact they had started to build a nest inside my back door. The only way I discovered the nest was a wasp flew into my hair. Boy you wouldn't believe how fast that nest came down. I'll keep watching the area to make sure they don't try again. I think they are coming into my cellar to avoid the heat (I have a rock & cement cellar - so lots of bitty holes for them to crawl into). Then coming up the inside steps and under the door to get into the house. Too bad... they don't make it outside alive. I can't deal with insects in my house.

That home defense has become my best friend - I have tons of ants trying to move in too.

Unread 07-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #9499
Mini Quack

Good Morning... Brooke is back but just laying around reading, yep that is my girl We both need to go get busy with getting cleaned up and gathering all of her things... but right now I am enjoying some tea...

it is 79 here today and only climbing up to 85 that should feel great compared to heat index of 111...

Maggie, sounds like a nice pleasant Sunday, enjoy your quiet at home time
Dody, what are you and Bud doing today?

Suzy, hugs, no words just hugs

SueA hello, and remember there is tomorrow, so just take it one day at a time... rest and take care of yourself

Not sure what the rest of you are doing today, hope it is a good day

I have plans later after the 31 party too, I will check in late tonight or tomorrow to update you ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #9500
Mini Quack

Quote:
I've been killing wasps in the house too. In fact they had started to build a nest inside my back door. The only way I discovered the nest was a wasp flew into my hair. Boy you wouldn't believe how fast that nest came down. I'll keep watching the area to make sure they don't try again. I think they are coming into my cellar to avoid the heat (I have a rock & cement cellar - so lots of bitty holes for them to crawl into). Then coming up the inside steps and under the door to get into the house. Too bad... they don't make it outside alive. I can't deal with insects in my house.

That home defense has become my best friend - I have tons of ants trying to move in too.
the wasps are heavy this year... not sure why...maybe because of the light winter ??? but I spray daily...they are getting in the breezeway, I have only had 2 in the house but that was 2 too many

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #9501
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Sue, sorry for your ongoing stress... and bursting out in tears, well my dear friend, it happens... to all of us...silly little things or real reasons...it just happens...

Wow that is sad about your brothers, Most places are pretty good to deal with, I pray that you might find a little help along the way...I had pleasant surprises, hoping you do too...

As far as Larry, I understand, not sure why he is wanting the divorse, but do not do it for the wrong reason, I know you have plenty of right reasons hugs, miss you

how is work going ?
In Wisconsin, it doesn't matter what the reasons are, it's a "no-fault" divorce state and he can file for a divorce without any reason. I will not fight the divorce, nor will I pay one dime toward the costs. I truly believe that this is "another someone" involved - things are just pointing in that direction. First he was in no hurry for me to get my things out and now he has been packing the stuff and moving it down here. That's fine I guess, saves me from doing it. He's also done alot of improvements to the house - things that I asked him to do several times over the past 16yrs. Now all of a sudden they can be done????

I'm truly feeling more peace living by myself, but sometimes the loneliness creeps in.

I just need to kick myself in the butt and get my stuff sorted and unpacked. Then maybe I will find that alot of the stress is gone.

Unread 07-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #9502
Mini Quack

Quote:
In Wisconsin, it doesn't matter what the reasons are, it's a "no-fault" divorce state and he can file for a divorce without any reason. I will not fight the divorce, nor will I pay one dime toward the costs. I truly believe that this is "another someone" involved - things are just pointing in that direction. First he was in no hurry for me to get my things out and now he has been packing the stuff and moving it down here. That's fine I guess, saves me from doing it. He's also done alot of improvements to the house - things that I asked him to do several times over the past 16yrs. Now all of a sudden they can be done????

I'm truly feeling more peace living by myself, but sometimes the loneliness creeps in.

I just need to kick myself in the butt and get my stuff sorted and unpacked. Then maybe I will find that alot of the stress is gone.
Sorry you have to have more negative to deal with... but I believe you made the right decision...if he can and will do things for some one else or himself that he did not do for you, well he lost more than you did... just my opinion...

Loneliness creeps in on all of us, but finding peace in ourselves will help that... Some days I still get over powered by being alone and I have grand children here and daughters that try so hard...Loneliness is a inward feeling, that we can control and change... in time we will... life changing events are not easy, nor do we deal quickly...

I would come and help you un pack, re arrange or pack things away if it will help you, just say the word... I can sit there and read while you work just as easy as I can sit here ... you do not have to do any of this alone... please know that

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #9503
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ok here is Brooke's project Her Aunt Janelle, her dads sister has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer ...
that is so beautiful. she did a wonderful job.

Unread 07-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #9504
Stazon Splitcoast

okay, time to move. my chores are almost done for the day.
Dishes have been soaking and should be ready for washing.
Final load of laundry is in the dryer.
Grocery list is written and I need to get on the road.

I have a few things to drop off at Goodwill store too. Trying to fill a bag or more every week - plus I fill 2-3 garbage bags per week too. It will take time, but I'm seeing the paths between boxes getting wider each week. So I know I'm making progress.

hope to be back later tonight to chat, but for now I gotta get those groceries.

Unread 07-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #9505
Mini Quack

Quote:
that is so beautiful. she did a wonderful job.
I thought so, she loves to make things for others, she loves everyone with a very deep amount of love

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #9506
Mini Quack

Quote:

I have a few things to drop off at Goodwill store too. Trying to fill a bag or more every week - plus I fill 2-3 garbage bags per week too. It will take time, but I'm seeing the paths between boxes getting wider each week. So I know I'm making progress.

Have a great day, and hope some things makes you smile today ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #9507
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Sue, So sorry that things still have not smoothed out for you. The grieving process does take some time and it's expected that you'll have tears for awhile.

Do they have a "no fault" divorce there where one can file and the other signs a Waiver of Service. That way he can just file, you wait 60 days and then file the Decree. Sounds like you've already split up the property so that shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry about the brothers. Have you discussed it with them. Gotten a total for the expenses and then requested that they help? If you haven't discussed it, maybe you should and not just wait for them to offer.

Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #9508
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Looks nice. How big is your back yard? Do you find that the wooden fence stops any breezes?
The back yard is pretty large I think by my standards and no, I don't think that it stops any breezes. The wind has plenty of opportunity to come up and over that fence. The attached photo can give you a little idea of how large the yard is. It's taken from over in the corner by the gate across the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
003-2-.jpg  
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #9509
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I hope that you're getting to see Addison often.

You are still kind of settling into the house. Maybe you need to come up with some activities that you will enjoy on your time off from work. Inviting yourself over once in awhile shouldn't be looked at as infringing. You can check with Davina and see what her schedule is and line it up with your own schedule. My DD and I have an arrangement that we get together twice a month. Mostly it works out okay. Sometimes either of us is busy and it may only be once, but at least we both know that at some point we'll get together.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #9510
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning... Brooke is back but just laying around reading, yep that is my girl We both need to go get busy with getting cleaned up and gathering all of her things... but right now I am enjoying some tea...

it is 79 here today and only climbing up to 85 that should feel great compared to heat index of 111...

Maggie, sounds like a nice pleasant Sunday, enjoy your quiet at home time

I have plans later after the 31 party too, I will check in late tonight or tomorrow to update you ...
I just finished reading a book also called Silent Witness. Really good kind that you don't want to put done. Heroine is a lawyer and of course her clients are always "not guilty." Actually the 2 I've read have been real page turners. There are 2 more to the series, but I haven't bought them yet.

Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #9511
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm glad to hear that about the divorce. Texas is a "no fault" state also.

I think it's only natural that we all feel lonely at times, but just know that you are never "alone." There are many people who care about you and maybe sometimes you just have to reach out to them and not expect them to know what you are feeling or what you need at a specific time.

Are you still involved with your church? Perhaps they have activities going on that you can participate in and make some new friends.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #9512
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like you are moving through the stacks. I talked to a lady at church today that just moved into our area about a month ago. She was saying how hard it is to get things unpacked; that her DH thought it would only be a few weeks, and she told him no, it will take a few months to go through everything and figure out where you want it in the new place and if you really want it.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #9513
Quacker Stamper

I also have some news. I've played along a couple of times with the Gingerloft Challenge and this last time they were having a DT call, so I applied, and guess what!!!!!!!!! I was invited to be on their Design Team. They only have 2 projects a month, so that is good and they are also due on a Sunday which is also good so it won't interfere with my PSC work or the day of the challenge. Here is a link to their blog. GingerloftChallenge
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #9514
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I also have some news. I've played along a couple of times with the Gingerloft Challenge and this last time they were having a DT call, so I applied, and guess what!!!!!!!!! I was invited to be on their Design Team. They only have 2 projects a month, so that is good and they are also due on a Sunday which is also good so it won't interfere with my PSC work or the day of the challenge. Here is a link to their blog. GingerloftChallenge
That's FABULOUS, Maggie! You're really padding your resume for retirement.
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #9515
Stazon Splitcoast

Soni, Brooke's project turned out AMAZING! She is so creative. Thoughts and prayers for Janelle.
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #9516
Stazon Splitcoast

Great pics, Soni! Faith is positively adorable. Wish I could post pics of Adrian on here but it's a public sight so we won't do that.
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #9517
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Night all....
Sorry about your loss, Suzy. Furry friends are just as important as the non-furry ones. Hugs
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #9518
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds like you are moving through the stacks. I talked to a lady at church today that just moved into our area about a month ago. She was saying how hard it is to get things unpacked; that her DH thought it would only be a few weeks, and she told him no, it will take a few months to go through everything and figure out where you want it in the new place and if you really want it.
I remember when I was younger. Both when I was married to Jim and when Bob and I were first married, we would move then I would stay up all night unpacking. By the time morning came, the house was pretty much in order.

Hmmmm That didn't happen this time LOL
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #9519
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sue...

Maggie and Soni have offered great advice and I'm sending my hugs with theirs.
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #9520
Stazon Splitcoast

Went to pull the FBI link for the virus thing and saw that Earnest Borgnine has passed away.