Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #7521
Quacker Stamper

Colleen Schaan is AMAZING! Loving the class. There is sooooooooo much to take in. Having a lunch break and then gone for the afternoon. Dinner break is 2 hours, so I may be back then.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #7522
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all. I hope Maggie and or Suzy check in.
We were cleaning the garage this morning and I tripped and fell over a pile of junk
I have wrenched my back and there is no way I can make it for brunch in the morning.
I am really bummed about this.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #7523
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
We were cleaning the garage this morning and I tripped and fell over a pile of junk
I have wrenched my back and there is no way I can make it for brunch in the morning.
Oh no! Karen, I don't believe you did that! Oh, I'm really sorry. Maybe I just need to drive over to your house.

See, I knew we should have met up last night. Big bummer.

What are you doing for it? Are you putting heat on it? Do you have any of those Thermal Wraps? They work really good on those kinds of injuries. If you feel better in the morning, then come join us. You know where we're going to be.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul

Last edited by mschoener; 05-19-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 05-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #7524
Quacker Stamper

I'm on our 2 hour dinner break. I wasn't really hungry because I ate a big chicken wrap for lunch so I just came back to my room and ate a banana and some chocolate rice chips. I finished up reading Mockingjay. Wow! Now I'm not sure which one I liked the best.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #7525
Quacker Stamper

Looks like all the Quackers have all been really busy today. We just got done with class. Totally Awesome! I got to meet 3 of the Instructors. Colleen Schaan was our instructor, but Lori Craig was there to help out. She taught the class yesterday, and then Sharon Harnist showed up right before dinner time. I was able to get a picture of all 3 of them and one of them with me. Learned so much. It's going to take some time to process it all and lots of practice, practice, practice!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #7526
Quacker Stamper

Suzy, I am still expecting to see you and Jack tomorrow at 10 at the IHOP!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #7527
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Good morning! Looks like everyone is busy busy busy! I am too. It's a pretty day here with some wind and temps in the mid 80's. There are plenty of activities going on in Joplin this weekend, Monday and Tuesday. Can't believe it's been a yr since the tornado. Joplin has come a long way...but has a long way to go yet.

Today is the day I do my demostration at the downline meeting. Just found out last night that the demo that was to do a make n take can't come, so I'm going to prep cards for everyone, after I do my demo, they can do the techinque and then make a card. I just need to cut cardstock which won't take me long. Then I need to shower and go see my dad and then home to let the dogs out and then leave. It'll be late when I get home tonight.

Everyone have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow.
Hope your day went well...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #7528
Mini Quack

Quote:
Oh my , I hope you are not hurt seriously ... I know how excited you were to meet up with them...I am so sorry Karen...How are you feeling now?? Do you need to go have a doctor look at it ??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #7529
Mini Quack

The dinner up at school was really nice, these parents are so proud, and really did a nice thing for all of the class, it was pizza, sub sandwiches ,chips, relish trays, fruit trays, and then cake , cookies, and punch, tea, lemonade or water... then the kids had a dance in the small gym or went outside...it was a beautiful day...

I am ready for a bath and curl up...I met Tammy and Faith in town, after I picked up birthday gifts for tomorrow .Tammy found some shorts and capris and sandals, a couple of tops too... so that was a good shopping trip...yep, Faith git some thing too : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #7530
Mini Quack

The dinner up at school was really nice, these parents are so proud, and really did a nice thing for all of the class, it was pizza, sub sandwiches ,chips, relish trays, fruit trays, and then cake , cookies, and punch, tea, lemonade or water... then the kids had a dance in the small gym or went outside...it was a beautiful day...

I am ready for a bath and curl up...I met Tammy and Faith in town, after I picked up birthday gifts for tomorrow .Tammy found some shorts and capris and sandals, a couple of tops too... so that was a good shopping trip...yep, Faith got some thing too : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #7531
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Suzy, I am still expecting to see you and Jack tomorrow at 10 at the IHOP!
yes...we'll be there!! So sorry that Karen isn't going to join us. I hope she is feeling better.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #7532
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers! Slept great again last night. Turned lights out about 10 and work up at 5:30. LOL! That's my usual weekday time. Laid in bed until 6:30.

Looking forward to seeing you and Jack Suzy. Yes, I hope Karen gets to feeling better. Maybe she'll still come.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #7533
Mini Quack

It is a beautiful morning...One that I wish sleep in a bit... windows open, fresh air in a gentle breeze

Oh well time to be up and moving... Looks like a great day to ride up north near Chicago I do not get to see Mama Sues sons very often, so I will enjoy spending time with one of them

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #7534
First To Quack

Good Morning Ladies!!! I am alive and well What a crazy busy week it was tho! The drive down went well. Since the movers did not finish until after 5, we decided to spend the night at 'home'. Mind you there was nothing there & we could have slept at Stephanies but I just could not bear another goodbye!whewwwwweeeee there were tears & tears & more tears. I had to draw the line, right? So we found the outside sheets we used for yard work & I had 2 towels I used that morning to bathe the dogs. Since the washer /dryer stayed I washed them all up & we slept on the sheets...we always keep our own pillows. It was actually kinda fun. We went out for a nice dinner and then walked around the yard & house. By the time we played a bit on FB it was dark & we were ready to sleep. We got up at 3:30, showered & loaded the cars. We hit the road bt 5:22, plenty of Atlanta traffic already but it was moving well. The dogs have been awesome. Even with only stopping twice (once for gas & once to potty the dogs) it took us until after 2 to get here. Luckily Stephanie filled goodie bags with junk food for the trip so that's what we ate for breakfast & lunch, hahahaha healthy, right? But it keep us awake! Soooooooo, wednesday Justin & Liz came over & we cleaned. YUCK!!! The house had been empty over 6 months & it was NASTY!!!! After cleaning #1 we bug bombed the house & slept at Justins.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #7535
First To Quack

Thursday we got to the house by 7 & started cleaning. I had all the floors mopped for the second time, carpet swept, all outlets & ceiling, baseboards, etc swept as well before the movers got here at 10. Then it was directing them where to put stuff and unpacking and washing as I went. The dishwasher has ran at least 3 times each day but all is done & put away now. I just went crazy cleaning until I felt I could stand it. Friday we ran errands getting a microwave (the one here is broke) getting water in our name & finding out what we need for driver lisence & such....more cleaning. Yesterday things started to fall into place and it feels more like home. The pool is in good shape, the water tested out ok but it needs vac. Today we did grocery shopping & will work here & there but I am calling Sunday a day of rest. When I get around to it, my sewing room will be awesome. It's a bonus room over the 3 car garage...huge!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #7536
First To Quack

I'll tell y'all about the house another day! If I missed something important plz let me know, I doubt I can get it all read any time soon. I find I fall asleep when I sit now....go figure!!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #7537
Quacker Stamper

Glad you checked in Dody. It's great to know that you are there and settling in the rental place. You would have thought that somebody would have cleaned it up after the people moved out, but now you know that it is really clean.

It's been pretty quiet on here this weekend. Everyone is off doing their thing.

I just got home from Dallas about an hour ago. Had to call Suzy to let her know that I made it home safely and that the directions I got from Jack and Suzy's map helped me to get around Dallas and all that terrible traffic. It was a long 4 1/2 hour drive. I stopped in Madisonville at Bucee's to grab some lunch. The place is crazy to try to gas up the car, so after I used their restroom and got lunch, I went across the way to the Shell station where it was much less crowded and I was able to get in and get out right away.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #7538
Quacker Stamper

The kitties are all fine. The outside ones still have food in their bowls, so not sure what time Jenna came over. Usually the birds chow down on the leftovers.

I think I'm going to go unpack and get things situated where they belong and then unpack all my stamping stuff. I may play a little bit practicing some of the things that I learned yesterday. I'm already tired from that long trip so not sure how long I'll be up.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #7539
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Thursday we got to the house by 7 & started cleaning. I had all the floors mopped for the second time, carpet swept, all outlets & ceiling, baseboards, etc swept as well before the movers got here at 10. Then it was directing them where to put stuff and unpacking and washing as I went. The dishwasher has ran at least 3 times each day but all is done & put away now. I just went crazy cleaning until I felt I could stand it. Friday we ran errands getting a microwave (the one here is broke) getting water in our name & finding out what we need for driver lisence & such....more cleaning. Yesterday things started to fall into place and it feels more like home. The pool is in good shape, the water tested out ok but it needs vac. Today we did grocery shopping & will work here & there but I am calling Sunday a day of rest. When I get around to it, my sewing room will be awesome. It's a bonus room over the 3 car garage...huge!!!
I bet that was a shocker about the transferring or registering the cars... unless Justin warned you ...
a wee bit expensive I hear...
So glad to hear you are there and everything is ok... I hope you get some down time to enjoy before it will be time to pack up again

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #7540
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I'll tell y'all about the house another day! If I missed something important plz let me know, I doubt I can get it all read any time soon. I find I fall asleep when I sit now....go figure!!!!!
Ali promoted out of 8 th grade, she looked so pretty and then the parents gave them an awsome dinner and dance the next night... a great experience, Faith is 8 months old... and ball season has started...that is it for me : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #7541
Total Quack

I don't have the energy to catch up right now. I hope all of you have had a wonderful day.

Suzy and Maggie - I hope you had a great meet up today!!

Dody - I see that you've checked in. I'm glad to hear from you and that things are falling into place. I hope you are settling in and that you are happy where you are at the moment.

I will check in tomorrow. Have a wonderful night!!!

Photography Site

Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #7542
Mini Quack

I enjoyed today, one of Sues grandsons went with us, it was a nice time to visit... a low keyed day, the party was at the lanes where Sues son works, so we had a great catered meal cake and presents then the kids play minature golf... we stayed in the A/C and visited with Sue's brother and nephew
we ran into some nasty heavy rain on the way home, but It stopped before I had to drive ...
I am off to snuggle with Daisy, she had a busy day with Krista and the boys the boys had pictures and the first practice today...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #7543
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies~

I am here at the office. Still sore - I have been on ice and pain meds all weekend.

I will be calling the dr this morning. I expect I will be having a session on his wheel table.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #7544
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie - I so wish I had taken the 2nd class!

I know I have to take the 1st one first, but it was not much at all. The air brushing at the end was good, but I was really hoping to find out all about HAIR! LOL

Hopefully they will be back next year!

Our room was way too full and your class have even a few more in the same room.

That was my only compaint - no room to move!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:38 AM   #7545
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie - I so wish I had taken the 2nd class!

I know I have to take the 1st one first, but it was not much at all. The air brushing at the end was good, but I was really hoping to find out all about HAIR! LOL

Hopefully they will be back next year!

Our room was way too full and your class have even a few more in the same room.

That was my only compaint - no room to move!
We missed seeing you yesterday Karen. I hope you're feeling better. It was great to see Suzy and Jack. We sat and talked for 2 1/2 hours!!!!!!!!

Yes, most of the ladies that were there on Saturday had taken the class on Friday. I did happen to sit next to a lady that had come to Houston last year for the Standard class which I took for the 2nd time. We ended up chatting a bit after it was all over and found out she's also a cat person. She comes to Houston sometimes, so I hope that we will meet up again down here.

Think about coming to Houston Karen. Colleen said that they will have the Intermediate class here in the Fall. I'm already thinking about whether I want to take it again. I guess I'll see how much I learned this time.

The room was full, but it worked out okay. We only had one no-show. I thought there was supposed to be a guy in the class, but there wasn't so maybe he was the no-show.

Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #7546
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Karen...sorry you are still having issues with the back. Doesn't make for a great Monday!

Maggie....those were a quick 2 1/2 hrs!!!

Well, I have brownies made....taking those for our last day of bowling for this season for Monday bowling. We'll have Memorial Day off and then we'll pick the Monday bowling back up for the summer. The Wednesday night bowling...we have position rounds this week....then the Wed after Memorial Day we take food for the last night. That league we won't be doing during the summer. Need a break from it.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #7547
Stazon Splitcoast

How could I forget this!

So, they had their full airbrushing kit flown in for the class. They couldn't take it with them - so Lori Craig said they would sell it at the end of class - $ 150 - who wants it?

well, almost every hand in the room went up - LOL
so, we put our names in a box - guess whose name was drawn???

MINE!! - what is funny - I just put my name in to see what would happen. I bought it anyway.

You can buy it from Copic for $ 372.99 + shipping.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #7548
Mini Quack

Quote:
Morning ladies~

I am here at the office. Still sore - I have been on ice and pain meds all weekend.

I will be calling the dr this morning. I expect I will be having a session on his wheel table.
Sorry to hear that you are in pain... hope the doc can fix you up

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #7549
Mini Quack

Quote:
How could I forget this!

So, they had their full airbrushing kit flown in for the class. They couldn't take it with them - so Lori Craig said they would sell it at the end of class - $ 150 - who wants it?

MINE!! - what is funny - I just put my name in to see what would happen. I bought it anyway.

Wowzers... you sure had some luck flowing that day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #7550
Mini Quack

Good Morning... I took advantage of a slow day and slept in...

Not too much going on, other than I think there is a scholastic award night for Ali and Cody...

I might do a load or two of laundry... I think Dustin might be over too, Krista needs to take Cody in town to get new cleets... yep base ball time is here...I think there 3 games this week and Ali has one on Saturday...but UI am going to Wally's Family Reunion...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #7551
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Karen...sorry you are still having issues with the back. Doesn't make for a great Monday!

Maggie....those were a quick 2 1/2 hrs!!!

Well, I have brownies made....taking those for our last day of bowling for this season for Monday bowling. We'll have Memorial Day off and then we'll pick the Monday bowling back up for the summer. The Wednesday night bowling...we have position rounds this week....then the Wed after Memorial Day we take food for the last night. That league we won't be doing during the summer. Need a break from it.
I know! It didn't seem like that long. It just flew by, but I looked at the clock in my car when we pulled out of IHOP and it was 12:30.

Brownies sound good. I still need to get dressed and get something done around here. I just went back to bed to finish up the book I was reading "Spells and Stitches." It's a series about Magic that I've been reading. I sent the first one to Kelly at Christmas as part of her SS gift because I know she likes books about magic. I told her I'd send her the rest of them so I'll put 3 of them now in the mail to her. Kelly, not sure if there will be any more. The ending seems like there could be. I won't go any further than that.

I need to head to the grocery store for fruit and bananas. Need to see if there's anything else I need to get.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #7552
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
How could I forget this!

Wow! That is fabulous Karen. What a great price you got it for. I'd like to have some time to try mine out.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #7553
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning... I took advantage of a slow day and slept in...

Not too much going on, other than I think there is a scholastic award night for Ali and Cody...

I might do a load or two of laundry... I think Dustin might be over too, Krista needs to take Cody in town to get new cleets... yep base ball time is here...I think there 3 games this week and Ali has one on Saturday...but UI am going to Wally's Family Reunion...
It's nice to have those easy days. I have laundry to do also and some housecleaning.

Where will the reunion be?
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #7554
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
It's nice to have those easy days. I have laundry to do also and some housecleaning.

Where will the reunion be?
We will gather in Peoria at our favorite restaurant at one for lunch, then later one of the cousins has invited us all to his condo for more time and supper, he lives in Peoria too ... Some were just home for the funeral, but are still planning on coming back...so that is great... I believe it will be a smaller group this year... I have not heard if Wally's brother will be here or not as he did not come home for his uncles funeral ...I hope for Tanya that he does... He rarely does unless there us a class reunion...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #7555
Mini Quack

Lois, guess what I found in my mail box this morning??? and I must say, I have already seen a couple of things that made me smile, and a few that made me think ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #7556
Stazon Splitcoast

oooo, I hope mine gets here today!!

hehehehehe
Old 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #7557
Glitter Guru

Happy Monday! Been so busy here. Spent alot of time at the hospital with my dad. He had a rough 2 1/2 days. But got to go home today. I'll take him Wednesday for his PT. Seems like this surgery fixed what was wrong.

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. It's been rather warm here. Today is really beautiful and I got to shut off the a/c and open windows. Hate to do that because I live on a gravel road and you know how much dust there is...ALOT!!! I'll leave the dusty to the housekeeper...LOL

Soni, sent you a reply on PM
Karen, hope you get to feeling better, back aches aren't fun! Trust me I know, been there down that! Hope you get your catty today also.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08
Old 05-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #7558
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Happy Monday! Been so busy here. Spent alot of time at the hospital with my dad. He had a rough 2 1/2 days. But got to go home today. I'll take him Wednesday for his PT. Seems like this surgery fixed what was wrong.

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. It's been rather warm here. Today is really beautiful and I got to shut off the a/c and open windows. Hate to do that because I live on a gravel road and you know how much dust there is...ALOT!!! I'll leave the dusty to the housekeeper...LOL

Soni, sent you a reply on PM
Karen, hope you get to feeling better, back aches aren't fun! Trust me I know, been there down that! Hope you get your catty today also.
yes and I answered it too : )
I am glad that your dad is better, hope this surgery is what he needed... sad that pain has to follow surgery ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #7559
Glitter Guru

Bathroom demo started this morning. They have it all stripped out and the 1st coat of paint on it. Can't wait for it to be all done. It'll look so much better.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #7560
Mini Quack

Quote:
oooo, I hope mine gets here today!!

hehehehehe
how long can you still place orders for Amuse? my oldest daughter likes the mittens... dies I believe

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery