Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
Gallery Gazer

Question Could use some ideas...

Hey all,

After 44 years, my mom is moving from the home in which I grew up to an apartment. The apartment, though lovely, is not her home and she is heartbroken, but it is now just her and a cat in a mother/daughter home with an extension...huge and financially not the best choice.

So I am looking for any ideas, thoughts or stories for what we can do to make this a bit easier, stories or anecdotes I can get ideas from are welcome.

Thank you all!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I just saw this and wanted to offer some ideas. When we moved my grandmother from her home into a nursing home, we asked her what her favorite items were and surrounded her with those. We framed some family photos, both old and new, and hung her favorite things on the walls. A friend made some simple wooden shelves to display her things on around her bed. It made her room into "her" space instead of just a patient room. She was very happy with it in the end.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!