Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost it all...vent

Honesty time....it has been 2 years since I have made a card. Ugh, my husband had taken over my craft room as a bedroom when he was having back problems. It became a bedroom, all of my goodies to be packed away...this week I clean out the room, set up my stuff only to find out the flash drive I had used, saved tons of digi stamps on (both freebies and purchased) and had organized by category is completely erased. Doesn't work on any computer. (Mac or PC)....so it looks like I have LOST IT ALL.

Starting new for digi stamps...overwhelming....just had to vent
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

If you remember who some of the companies were, perhaps they will resend them. My computer crashed in January and stupidly, I didn't ask for a backup of anything, so lost EVERYTHING. I bought a bunch of images online and through Etsy, and when I contacted them to let them know what happened, most of them gladly resent the images. Try that - you may have at least some luck and will save yourself a bit of money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 855 Likes on 512 Posts

I recently couldn't locate a couple digi sets I had purchased; fortunately, on that company's site, under my account, they were still there. I had to click on a link underneath the most recent ones titled ALL.
I hope you can get some of them back. I'm so sorry! I love the digis too, and would be so sad if I lost them. Fortunately, there are still lots of them out there, along with free coloring images to use for cardmaking. I started backing mine up on flash drive and cd, because I am so paranoid about losing them. I was really happy about all the cool coloring pages I found too; there are some excellent ones that are adorable, and also more detailed ones too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I hope you can get them back. Some digi companies have an expiration now where you can't get them after a certain time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of the smaller companies will send you the links for your images again. There are recovery programs that you can try on the flash drive to see if you can get some of the files back. As long as you haven't added any files to it or done anything else on it you may be able to recover most of the files on there. I googled this and thought it might help you: Google
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have things backed up on a couple of different drives. but I really would like one of those programs that backs up in the middle of the night to an outside source. but my husband who works for a major corp as an it expert really doesn't want me to do that. but it would feel safer to me. just had friend who had a lightening strike on their house and it really didn't matter that they had surge protectors. it fried tvs, computers, the garage door opener, just thousands and thousands of dollars worth of stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Oh darn that must have hurt!!!! You did make me put my Digi's all on a CD now, which I havent done in awhile, so thanks for that
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh sorry! Sometimes these dang computers drive me crazy...I just reorganized all folders so I wouldn't "lose" all my new digi stamps. Which I don't really lose, I just think they are lost, until my DH comes in, looks at me like I'm crazy, clicks one button and produces everything I was looking for. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I download twice, to 2 different USB memory sticks, give that memory stick a number and index in my 3 ring binder, with that number of USB stick. Anything used can fail; so, by backing up twice to different memory sticks, hopefully one will survive if one fails. I could never save all my digis on my computer, even if in folders; it's too much stuff on my computer.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

how many stick do you have? my computer and my ehd's are each two terrabytes. i think i would have to have a gamillion memory sticks. of course i dont often look at them at office max, maybe they have gotten much bigger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Take the card to Best Buy or an IT expert. Normally it is just the directory that is disrupted and the data is still there. Example: when you delete something off your PC/laptop, it simply removes the directory pointer to the file. The file is still there, just no pointer to it. An IT techie can rebuild the directory for you to all files on the device. Try it out, you might be pleasantly surprised...!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

I just purchase what ever memory stick is on sale. I have about a dozen memory sticks. I have no regrets doing a double download to guarantee a memory stick will not fail, as they will, like everything eventually. I just started a memory stick for sentiments also. One can never be organized enough in finding digital images for challenges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
how many stick do you have? my computer and my ehd's are each two terrabytes. i think i would have to have a gamillion memory sticks. of course i dont often look at them at office max, maybe they have gotten much bigger.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes