Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Digital Stamping (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-stamping-272/)
-   -   Free digi background papers? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-stamping-272/free-digi-background-papers-524981/)

Tilly 04-05-2011 01:03 PM

Free digi background papers?

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place, but is there a thread where there are links to free digi background papers, or is there only the digi stamp thread? As well as just loving background papers for cards, I've been using a lot of small bits making this framed art Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - Tilly - Handmade Cards & Crafts
and sometimes I don't want to buy a whole 12x12 page just for an inch or two of paper.
Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(I apologise if this is not the right forum for this query. Didn't know where else to put it and didn't have any joy doing a search.)

purplescrapper 04-05-2011 06:58 PM

Scrapbooking fonts, alphabets, Journaling Delights and Clip Art - Lettering Delights has lots of great digi stuff. Not free, but they do have one paper pack available right now in their freebie section. Right now everything is on sale for $1.

Search here and in digiscrapping as there are threads that list all the great digi sites.

hoptownracer1 04-05-2011 09:47 PM

Here are some links to sites that are sharing free background papers.

Create with TLC

Summertime Designs

I haven't used this site yet, but it looks like it has printable pages.
http://www.scrapbookscrapbook.com/themes.html

Tilly 04-06-2011 12:29 PM

Thanks so much. These are wonderful links. I appreciate your help. Keep 'em coming!

cat_woman 04-06-2011 02:18 PM

If you google for free digital scrapbooking you will find more free papers than you'll be able to use in 10 lifetimes. I know - I have them all on my computer. :):shock::oops:

hoptownracer1 04-06-2011 07:57 PM

GTC's Crafty Corner: Quilted Squares Paper Freebie

Here is the link to the pretty backing papers GTC has listed.
GTC's Crafty Corner: Freebie - Backing Papers

Free papers!

Debbie J 04-26-2011 07:38 AM

There are several really good sites out there. If you do a Google for "free digital background papers" or "free digital papers" you can usually come up with some. I use:

http://PaperPrintables.com (requires signing up for newsletter, which is pretty good)
ShabbyPrincess.com :: DigiScrap downloads, Free downloads, Digital scrapbooking, Computer Scrapbooking
and, of course, my guru Jak Heath at
Jak Heath Designs

If you have a photo editing program, like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements you can modify and change colors, which really adds to your "stash."

Tilly 04-27-2011 01:56 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful links. I've found a few more:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t526887.html

SoScrappy 05-01-2011 05:11 PM

I always like finding some freebies to add to my collection! MyGrafico has a freebies section also.

MY GRAFICO - DIGITAL ARTS AND CRAFTS STORE

queen bee 05-01-2011 07:24 PM

these are my go to digi sites
MY GRAFICO - (Powered by CubeCart)

The Best Scrapbooking Supplies On The Web - Two Peas in a Bucket

ShabbyPrincess :: Free Scrapbooking Kits, Digital Scrapbooking, Computer Scrapbooking, Digi scrapbooking, Kits, Elements

Digital Scrapbooking Ideas and Supplies - DesignerDigitals

Lettering Delights - - Scrapbooking Fonts Clip Art and Ideas

and for vintage
DigitalCollageSheets.com - Digital Inspiration for the Mixed Media Artist

Tilly 05-03-2011 02:04 AM

2 more

Friendly Scrap
Google Traduction (This one is in French but I used the Google translator to get it into English. Hope the link works for you too.)

Tilly 05-03-2011 01:18 PM

Oh wow ... take a look at this one! Wonderful stuff.
SUPER FREEBIES Blog

wardd 05-14-2011 01:38 PM

I get many free digital papers by doing a search using the words 'free mini digital kits.' You might want to give this a try.

AZShann 06-01-2011 03:23 PM

Bird has some on her blog for free. I love the Halloween ones and would use some of them not even for halloween. Maybe not together or they may look Halloweenish.
Birds Blog

You can also use coloring book pages and shrink them down to the size you need. Just Google coloring book pages. Here are 2 that I like.

Freedigitalstamps.blogspot
http://www.coloring.ws/coloring.html

stampztoomuch 07-08-2011 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made some free Pencil Damask digi papers & shared them here: Mel Stampz: 19 colour Pencil Damask patterns (I usually share lots of text ones)Attachment 342984

I'm looking for the old folder in the forum for digis. I'll let you know if I find it. :)

Tilly 07-30-2011 01:28 PM

Thanks very much Mel. Your damasks are gorgeous. Off to print now ...!

karentom 08-02-2011 04:01 AM

Digi Design House
Karen S

Carol W 08-03-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly (Post 18272998)
Oh wow ... take a look at this one! Wonderful stuff.
SUPER FREEBIES Blog

I have to thank you (I think??!!!) for alerting me to this site. I CAN NOT STOP downloading gorgeous stuff from this site! Even the ones that aren't as much my style (such as the photographic-type backgrounds) are still amazing to browse through -- the only thing that makes them 'not my style' is that I'm a cardmaker rather than a scrapper. If I WERE a scrapper, especially a digi scrapper, I would be even more chained to the computer trying to capture all the stunning photographic backgrounds!

Warning to others: Be prepared to lose track of time perusing the stuff if you visit the site. Some months have more than 100 items posted! :o

cat_woman 08-03-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol W (Post 18586427)
I have to thank you (I think??!!!) for alerting me to this site. I CAN NOT STOP downloading gorgeous stuff from this site! Even the ones that aren't as much my style (such as the photographic-type backgrounds) are still amazing to browse through -- the only thing that makes them 'not my style' is that I'm a cardmaker rather than a scrapper. If I WERE a scrapper, especially a digi scrapper, I would be even more chained to the computer trying to capture all the stunning photographic backgrounds!

Warning to others: Be prepared to lose track of time perusing the stuff if you visit the site. Some months have more than 100 items posted! :o

I know! I've downloaded a couple sets of the backgrounds. I want to frame them just as pretty pictures for my craft room. I think they would also make great decorations for a baby or small child's room framed. I'm thinking printed off 8x8 and then matted and framed in a 12x12 scrapbook page frame.

stampztoomuch 08-03-2011 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if either of these are your style, but I've made a few digi papers & shared them on my blog:

Attachment 342882

the damask ones above are here: Mel Stampz: 19 colour Pencil Damask patterns

and ledger papers here: Mel Stampz: Happy Weekend Ledger freebies

and another patterned paper in this post: Mel Stampz: QUICK Gift: Turn any card into a notebook +some free digi papers +some tricks

If you like text papers I have lots on my blog too. They're linked in this catch-all post: Mel Stampz: Everything I've Ever Made (At a Glance)

Happy Crafting!:D