Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Digital Scrapbooking (Tuesdays) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-253/)
-   -   DGSC068 � Journaling on a Photo - 6/19/12 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-253/dgsc068-%96-journaling-photo-6-19-12-a-556113/)

3Fries 06-18-2012 08:27 PM

DGSC068 � Journaling on a Photo - 6/19/12

DGSC068 � Journaling on a Photo - 6/19/12

One of my favorite techniques in digital is journaling on a photo. This week�s digital challenge is simple once again, but hopefully will encourage you to try a few more new things with your digital scrapbooking program!

On your page this week do some digital journaling ON a photo. Practice using lots of layers, in many shapes and sizes!

Technique I used in MDS - fiddling with opacity: On my main image I wanted to use the lyrics of a favorite song, Daddy�s Hands, but I was having trouble finding a color and font that stood out but didn�t overpower my photo. I decided to place another photo box in the area that I wanted to journal and fill it with plain white cardstock. I then placed a text box over that, and typed the part of the song lyrics that I wanted to use in black. I then clicked again on my white cardstock box and faded out the opacity. The normal opacity is 100%, and I dropped it back to 20%. You choose what works best for your photo and page.

My Sample: DGSC068 � Daddy's Hands - 6/19/12 by 3Fries - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

***If you want to put handwritten journaling over a photo (like my sample for Share The Love VSBN) what I did was scanned the handwritten journaling, and then saved as a jpg. I layered a same size PHOTO BOX (not Text Box) over the photo and then dragged the photo of the journaling in. Do the same technique of fading the opacity to your liking.

If you have questions, you can post them here or PM me.

You can view all submissions for this challenge here: DGSC068 DGSC068 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

To add your page to this gallery and the monthly scrapbook gallery just add DGSC068 and SBC12JUN when uploading. [Note to host--be sure to update these keywords based on challenge # and month/year]. Also, please take a minute to post a link to your sample page on this thread so we won�t miss seeing your work!

Have a great week! I look forward to seeing your layouts.

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d-t300664.html

eeddmm 06-19-2012 08:08 AM

Good challenge. I've done this a few times when my BG wasn't a good one to journal on but I don't think I've ever done it directly on a picture.

Diane Malcor 06-19-2012 09:40 AM

I don't believe I have ever journaled over a photo, but I LOVE this effect....I will need to do this more often. Thanks for the wonderful challenge! Here's my page:
Hope - DGSC068 by Diane Malcor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

lizzier 06-19-2012 10:34 AM

here is my page for the journaling on a photo challenge. Our Hero by lizzier - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

lori92760 06-19-2012 03:01 PM

serious stuff

here's my page

i needed some minor and quite uncomfortable surgery yesterday. so i had to be off blood thinners for a week. on sunday i went with my son and got another tattoo. (too much bleeding to get one while on blood thinners and while i love tattoos, i wont risk my health and go off of them just to get a tattoo) my son thought i should have a tattoo of some gorgeous antique scissors and the words "craft or die" on a ribbon that lay between the blades of the shears, i thought subtle was better. plus i forgot that tattoos really do hurt. maybe next time.

3Fries 06-19-2012 09:46 PM

Great pages ladies!

JWill795 06-20-2012 09:16 AM

Great challenge! I haven't tried this yet!

wendella247 06-20-2012 02:02 PM

All of the pages so far are awesome! I'll be getting mine done soon--busy day today! Thanks for the challenge, Terri!! Your page is fab!

fawall 06-21-2012 06:37 AM

Great challenge, I always forget about adding this and it makes such a nice impact. Here's mine.

Thanks!

FMcrafter 06-21-2012 02:47 PM

Oh oh I gotta get on this once it cools down

clarhan 06-21-2012 09:10 PM

I was able to play this week! Here's mine: 5 Things I Love

wendella247 06-27-2012 08:31 AM

Here's my page. It took a totally different direction than I thought it would when I started it, but I'm happy with how it turned out!

Carefree in Cancun

Thanks for the challenge, Terri!

-----------------------------:p:p:p

Yapha 06-27-2012 12:22 PM

What a fun technique! I incorporated it into the final task of the Progressive Scrapbooking challenge as well.

June Progressive Challenge Task #4 by Yapha - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

wendella247 07-13-2012 10:35 AM

Here's a dps I did, titling the pictures directly on the photos:

New York, NY

--------------------------------:D:D

eeddmm 07-14-2012 01:30 PM

Here's my page...I did the title on the main picture and the date on one of the other pics.

Car Washer

TFL!

wendella247 07-14-2012 03:48 PM

Aww, Terry, your page is just too cute!

eeddmm 07-24-2012 05:33 PM

While I was doing the Progressive Challenge, I wrote on the pictures so I thought I'd add it to this gallery as well.

Daytona 2004

wendella247 03-30-2013 10:01 AM

I did some journaling on the photos on this page:

7th Birthday-left by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Toucan Scraps 04-17-2013 04:10 AM

does this count?
Zoo Carries by Toucan Scraps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers