Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What weight of paper?

I have downloaded some patterned paper and am wondering what weight paper I should use to print these out?

Thanks,
Marilyn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I find, with my printer, I can use a 65# cardstock with patterned paper or digi stamps. If I try the 80#, like the SU paper, the printer gets bucky. I just buy it at my local Michael's in a pack of 50 or so (white) and keep it for my things like that. Hope this helps.

Bug
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks Bug, I just got a Canon inkjet and wasn't sure what to use.

Marilyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It depends on what effect you want with your paper. I personally find that using plain cardstock gives a dull print. There are two papers I use for my digi papers. First is Domtar First Choice 32lb laser bond paper. Its nice thick bond paper that's super white and super smooth so it give a nice professional finish on the printed papers. And second is Staples brand double sided, matte finish brochure paper. Its about 35lb (170g/m2 - 8mil) and prints nice deep colours with almost a velvet finish. Not very often, but I do use the glossy bochure papers if I want a shiny paper or am using a photo as a background paper. I print all my stuff on my Canon MP560 inkjet printer. Right now I'm using Canon ink (new printer/new cartridges), but generally I use off brand ink and still get very good results with these papers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

I have the Canon MP560 also. Just got it a couple of months ago. I have never used digi patterned paper but have seen a lot of pretty papers. Thought I might give some a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I discovered at a paper company that there are a lot of variables with paper weight. 80# can be heavier or lighter. It seems that the industry doesn't have a standard when it comes to paper weights. I think my 65# paper from Michael's is called text weight and the heavier is called cardstock. I even bought some 110# weight from Office Depot (which would normally be WAY too heavy for cards) and it was more like the 80# that I had been using. I wouldn't run this through my printer, though. Just a thought. Ask a clerk if you can feel the paper and take some of your paper with you. They'll open a ream ~ or half ream (250 sheets) and let you do this. If not, go elsewhere.

Bug
Reply With Quote Likes