Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Feedback on Lasting Impressions, version 2?

Hi,
I've not done any digital scrapping, but just saw this software on sale for $20, a 67% savings. If you are familiar with it, I'd love to hear your feedback on it before I buy. I use a MAC, but don't have the time or inclination to try and learn Photoshop.

Also, how do you print your pages out? I don't have anywhere within 70 miles that can print a 12x12.

Thanks,
MOB
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi MOB, I don't know anything about the Lasting Impressions software. I use My Digital Studio 2 from Stampin' Up! with my Mac. I haven't used the SU print services, though I know many people do and are very pleased with it. I like to print my pages page by page and intermingle them in regular albums with traditional scrapbooking pages (though this last year I have done substantially more digital scrapbooking than traditional and I would expect that trend will continue). I have a wide format Epson 1430 printer that prints 12x12 that I am very happy with, but I have also used local print services (Walmart) and an online company Scrapping Simply.

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Default Digi scrapping programs

3FRIES,
Thanks for the reply. Does the Stampin Up' program limit you to only using their digi products? I don't want to be limited to any particular vendor. I do however want the option to print some pages out. Would I have to print from Stampin UP or can I choose any vendor on that also?

I don't know if this is even possible, it would be nice if I could print out digital cards...anyone know if that's possible.

Thanks again.
Mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi Mob,
You can use any universal format digital products (jpeg, png) with the MDS, and you can print with any vendor. To do that you will just export the page file in the largest format and upload that way to whatever vendor you choose to go with. You can also print digital cards, though I am not experienced with this as I still make all of my cards the old fashioned paper/ink/stamps way!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

I don't know about that one but I use My Memories Suite and I LOOOOOVE it! Its so easy to use and has so many wonderful features!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Where is My Memories Suite from? I just learned about Memory Mixer 3 which looks pretty new out also. I can get a copy of Photoshop Elements pretty cheap, but I don't know if that's the best and easiest way to go. If there's a steep learning curve for that, it's probably not going to get used by me. I work full time and try to craft at night, in between homework and all the other family stuff. Ease, speed, convenience and cost are all important to me in choosing the right digital software.
Thanks,
mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

It started out as a software from Polaroid but I think they are their own company because you won't see the name "Polaroid" before their name anymore. Anyway, they are on version 3 now and it is wonderful! So many awesome upgrades have taken place since I first started with this program. There are a ton of great features.

They have a really active Facebook page with weekly speed scraps and challenges and the mods are ALWAYS willing to answer any question you have. They have a blog and a youtube channel for tutorials but it is so easy you will learn it in no time.

The best part is that while it is super easy, your layouts look like they look a long time, they will look like you used photoshop! I participate in challenges all the time where everyone else used Photoshop ;) I also have photoshop but I just don't like it for scrapbooking, it takes too long in my opinion.

Here is a link to some of my layouts: http://happyscraps.shutterfly.com/
If it asks you for a password, it is cupcake.

With MMS, you can use outside elements and papers so if you find things you like that aren't on their own store, you can still use them. So that is a good way to utilize all the free stuff out there, too.

I have also used this software for creating birthday party invitations and cards.

There are a lot of $10 off coupons out there for buying the software so look around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

P.S. I think there is a very big learning curve for Photoshop. I am pretty tech savvy but in order to learn a lot of it, my husband had to help me as he uses it every day for work. With MMS, its much more intuitive. I would recommend MMS for those starting out in digiscrapping for sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

https://www.facebook.com/MyMemoriesFans

That is their FB page.
Reply With Quote Likes