Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #121  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to cookingmamaG

I use SBC+ for almost EVERYTHING these days. I am a youth leader at my church and make all our Flyers, Calendars, and postcards on it. Everyone wonders why my stuff always looks so cute....hee hee. After youth group trips I make 8x8 pages and put them on the bulletin board (Print at Costco for almost 1/2 the price of CM photo center). I LOVE this program.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #122  
Glitter Queen

Hi there! There are also some more freebies on here...go to the project center on your consultants website...choose digital on the left...then on the left side there will be a tab that says...digital freebies. Of course don't forget that you can also get many free templates and layouts from the freebies, then if you want to change the paper out on those with something you have of your digital power palettes you can do that? Have you seen the Digital Done in four? They are super helpful and I have been using the software for a year and a half and everynow and then I come across a shortcut that I haven't ever seen...(ex. Ctrl A highlights every aspect on your page, then you can put a light or heavy shadow on everything on your page to give it some depth!) Have fun!

If you don't have a consultant, check out this website:

www.mycmsite.com/marlascropshop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #123  
Glitter Queen

Just for your info...CM will be coming down on their per page price in May I believe...or at least that is the rumblings I have heard! Happy Scrapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #124  
Mad Swapper

Will I be able to load the Storybook Plus program on more than one computer? They will both be my computers; I'm not sharing with a friend.

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #125  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by NerdyBethView Post
Will I be able to load the Storybook Plus program on more than one computer? They will both be my computers; I'm not sharing with a friend.
No, you only get one license with one purchase. I recommend putting it on a laptop if you have a choice btwn that and a desktop. I often do digi scrapping on my laptop while watching tv!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #126  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

From what I understand, the program is only good for ONE computer. If you want to use it on another computer, you would have to purchase another copy of the program.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #127  
Mad Swapper

Thanks. Not sure if I want to purchase it now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #128  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks. Not sure if I want to purchase it now.
Its actually a pretty standard characteristic of most software like this. If you are concerned with printing and things like that, once you save your page as a jpg, you can save it to a flashdrive and load it on another computer for printing, saving, whatever. I have a different photo software (corel) on my desktop that allows me to open and mess with stuff made with SB+ on my laptop.

If you really want to do digi scrapping, i def recommend this software, it has many capabilities and super user-friendly.

Have you considered hosting a CM party? Maybe you could get it for free with credit or at least one for free, if you want two? I believe there are also good specials running, like you get it for $20 or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvpaisleyView Post
Its actually a pretty standard characteristic of most software like this. If you are concerned with printing and things like that, once you save your page as a jpg, you can save it to a flashdrive and load it on another computer for printing, saving, whatever. I have a different photo software (corel) on my desktop that allows me to open and mess with stuff made with SB+ on my laptop.

If you really want to do digi scrapping, i def recommend this software, it has many capabilities and super user-friendly.

Have you considered hosting a CM party? Maybe you could get it for free with credit or at least one for free, if you want two? I believe there are also good specials running, like you get it for $20 or something like that.
I'll second the user-friendly, and HIGHLY recommend this software. I have done my Christmas cards and invitations using this software. I am not sure if you know, but you can also use other digi scrappin kits other than CM kits. The learning curve is SO EASY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #130  
Embossing Fanatic

Someone asked if the software can be used on more than one computer ... well, I installed both SBC+ and MM on an external (mobile) hard drive (I have two of these - the other one is where I back up my photos/albums. That way all I have to do is take my hard drive with me and it will work on any computer (my laptop, my husband's desktop, my sister's, my folks, whereever I happen to be). I **LOVE** love, love this software! I'm new to scrapbooking and have so enjoyed finally getting my photos organized with MM and FINALLY getting around to scrapbooking (digitally) my kid's baby albums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #131  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by icul8rg8rView Post
Someone asked if the software can be used on more than one computer ... well, I installed both SBC+ and MM on an external (mobile) hard drive (I have two of these - the other one is where I back up my photos/albums. That way all I have to do is take my hard drive with me and it will work on any computer (my laptop, my husband's desktop, my sister's, my folks, whereever I happen to be). I **LOVE** love, love this software! I'm new to scrapbooking and have so enjoyed finally getting my photos organized with MM and FINALLY getting around to scrapbooking (digitally) my kid's baby albums.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for suggesting this... I had the dilema as well, wanting to install it on my PC and a laptop... but thanks to you, I just installed the software onto my external HD and I'm set to go!! Thanks for the tip YOU ROCK! (I'm embarassed I didnt think of it myself!) My only question is... if someone has installed the software onto their PC... can they move it over to an external HD after the fact? (just a thought for those who didnt get a chance to read your post BEFORE they installed it and wished they had)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #132  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all this great info! I've been thinking of getting the digital software, and this has answered so many questions!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #133  
Mad Swapper

I bought some CM digital papers and after I got them I found out I can't use them with PSE7. Ack. So now I either have to try to figure out how to sell them to someone else, just take the loss, or buy their SBC+.

At the moment I don't feel like buying it because I'm pissed that their digital stuff is exclusive to their software. I think that's a crappy way to treat customers. I realize a company wants you to be loyal to them, but forcing me to be loyal to them is not a way to sell me their product.

If I do buy the SBC+, I'm still out $$$ because one of the packages I bought was the Discover Power Palette which is included in the software. Anyone have any clue if this winter there will be different packages included with the software.

I guess I should've read the fine print, but I still can't find it anywhere in the catalog that says the digital stuff will only work with CM software.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #134  
Matboard Maniac

I'm pretty sure CM is like that with everything...like there albums, pages & protectors all work exclusive with each other. I'm not a big CM fan, though I have & love the SB+. All I know is when you download their kits, its not like a zip file as with other kits, so when you open up the software you go thru a special set of menus to import the new stuff. I know the kits that came with the software have all ready changed before, so there is a chance it may again. Maybe someone will come along here that knows how u can get around it and use it anyways. Did u contact them and see if there is a way you could return/canel the order? The other thing is you generally have to buy from a consultant or name one in your online order, maybe contact them and see what they can do. They should've informed you that it was only compatible with the software. Hope you figure it out, Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #135  
Rubber Obsessor

WooHoo! I just finished my FIRST scrapbook EVER!! I have been trying to do traditional scrapbooking over the past 10 years, and find it very overwhelming. Well, I purchased SBC+ last fall. I had a $39.95 coupon that came with the digital kit I bought that was going to expire on 6/30. So, not wanting to lose the $$, I sat down at my computer for TWO nights, and I was able to actually get a scrapbook done. I used predesigned pages, and scrapped our vacation trip from last summer. I can't wait to see what the book is actually going to look like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #136  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
Sunshine Scraps has a huge list of freebies for their Mango Tango line HERE
I was looking on this site at a digital package "chocolate cherry delight" for example, and at the bottom of the page, it gave details, saying it would take over 3 hours to download (depending on your connection of course), we have DSL and then it said it would take over 4 hours! Is this true??!! I don't think I could wait that long! Have you had any experience with this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #137  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by joanned72View Post
I was looking on this site at a digital package "chocolate cherry delight" for example, and at the bottom of the page, it gave details, saying it would take over 3 hours to download (depending on your connection of course), we have DSL and then it said it would take over 4 hours! Is this true??!! I don't think I could wait that long! Have you had any experience with this?
Never! I'm sure I've never waited more than five minutes for a dl. I do have dsl but it's spotty and quite slow - I don't think that could be accurate. You could download a full length film in under five minutes; a scrapbook template couldn't be as bit as that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #138  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefsegirlView Post
WooHoo! I just finished my FIRST scrapbook EVER!! I have been trying to do traditional scrapbooking over the past 10 years, and find it very overwhelming. Well, I purchased SBC+ last fall. I had a $39.95 coupon that came with the digital kit I bought that was going to expire on 6/30. So, not wanting to lose the $$, I sat down at my computer for TWO nights, and I was able to actually get a scrapbook done. I used predesigned pages, and scrapped our vacation trip from last summer. I can't wait to see what the book is actually going to look like.
Congratulations! Have you received the book yet? I'm curious to know if you're happy with it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #139  
Kookie Creator

After I downloaded the SB+ and MM, I got an external HD for my lap top and moved some files around. Then, when I went to do the updates, I get a message saying it can't find the specified path, and I always have to look for the files. I wasn't sure where to move the files back to, I think I tried, but it still says the same thing. I've written down how to find the path now, but it's still pain in the butt. I just want it to update with one or two clicks of the button....not doing a bunch of searching. Any ideas? I wish I were a computer guru!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #140  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
Congratulations! Have you received the book yet? I'm curious to know if you're happy with it?
Goegirl, Yes I have received my book and I am very happy with it, except for my few typos that I had, but that is my fault for being in such a hurry. I can't wait to get my second one done. I have showed this book to a few friends, and they also really liked it.

I have decided that I am going to do Storybooks of my favorite photos of our vacations. It is just so much quicker, and the books themselves are less bulky to fit in a bookcase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #141  
Inking Addict

I just purchased this software, never seen it demo'ed. I am looking for a spot to converse with others to learn it! I just created a 10 page layout in 30 minutes! wow!!!!! I have done cards and had material to do scrapbooks for years and years and have NEVER completed one book! I am sooooooooooooooo impressed. I have a feeling EBAY here I come.....lets see, this would replace, expressions, cricut, rubber stamps, ink...oh my lets not talk about paper shoved everywhere.....punches, 3 other dye cut machines, oh I could go on and on....my room is so packed...I am tired of the "stuffy" feeling. All I do in there is clean up the room. I am so impressed how easy this was. Well off to go look for directions of how to do that GREAT calender! someone has had to post a youtube or directions somewhere........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #142  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladycneView Post
I just purchased this software, never seen it demo'ed. I am looking for a spot to converse with others to learn it! I just created a 10 page layout in 30 minutes! wow!!!!! I have done cards and had material to do scrapbooks for years and years and have NEVER completed one book! I am sooooooooooooooo impressed. I have a feeling EBAY here I come.....lets see, this would replace, expressions, cricut, rubber stamps, ink...oh my lets not talk about paper shoved everywhere.....punches, 3 other dye cut machines, oh I could go on and on....my room is so packed...I am tired of the "stuffy" feeling. All I do in there is clean up the room. I am so impressed how easy this was. Well off to go look for directions of how to do that GREAT calender! someone has had to post a youtube or directions somewhere........
I hear you about all of the clutter from my "old" scrapbook stuff.... I still like to use alot of my stuff for other crafts and cardmaking... but i have NOOOOO desire what-so-ever to scrapbook the "traditional" way.... it is so much easier (and cheaper) to digital scrapbook. PLUS I can try out several different colours/embellishments/picture sizes without wasting anything.... LOVE LOVE LOVE this software.
Reply With Quote Likes