Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Clean and Simple Cards (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-239/)
-   -   CAS407 - Bringing in the New Year (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-239/cas407-bringing-new-year-614805/)

kiagc 12-11-2016 05:01 PM

CAS407 - Bringing in the New Year

Challenge Title: Bringing in the New Year Explosion Theme

Hostess: Kia
Keyword: CAS407
Week of: December 12, 2016

Hello all ... Kia here with you today. I thought this might be a good time to get some New Year cards done, and I thought it would be fun to have an EXPLOSION theme for the challenge ~ Explosion of colour/color, explosion of fireworks, explosion of sparkle, you get my drift.

CAS407 gallery

Samples from our Design Team

Chrissy

Holly

Lee

Kathleen

Kia

Misti

Kelli

1. There is no deadline to play along with the CAS challenges.
2. Take all the time you need to finish and upload your card.
3. Upload your card to your gallery and link back to this thread so we all can see your project.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword CAS407 when uploading your image, a copy/paste of the keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please feel free to combine the CAS challenges with any other challenge.

The challenges are to provide inspiration and to get us stamping, so have fun and follow your heART. We can't wait to see what you create!

The fave from last week is by Vickie Y ...
CAS406 Winter Birthday

Please grab this blinkie to share on your blog if you like.

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...9ad566c5de.gif

email-notifications-cas-challenges

And, did you know that the first time the New Year was celebrated on January 1st was in Rome in 153 BC, and in fact the month of January did not even exist until around 700 BC, when the second King of Rome, Numa Pontilius, added the months of January and February.
New Year's Eve is one of the largest global celebrations because it marks the last day of the year in the Gregorian calendar, December 31st, before the New Year/Count down to the New Year no matter where you are in the world.
The celebrations generally go on past midnight into January 1st, New Year's Day. Kiribati (an island in the Central Pacific) is the first country to welcome the New Year while Baker Island USA is among the last. Baker Island is an uninhabited, heavily restricted island in the Pacific Ocean halfway between Hawaii and Australia.

THE MORE YOU KNOW ....

annsforte3 12-11-2016 05:10 PM

Here's my colorful carolers for my explosion of singing color for the new year!

Vickie Y 12-11-2016 05:53 PM

Thank you for choosing my Winter Birthday card as the CAS fave! What an honor! :)

hobbydujour 12-11-2016 07:04 PM

Thanks for the challenge and the history behind New Year's celebration from Roman times, Kia.

CELEBRATE

snowmanqueen 12-11-2016 07:49 PM

Here's my New Years card:
CAS407 Happy New Year by snowmanqueen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shoe Girl 12-12-2016 01:49 AM

Great challenge Kia. I am still trying to get my Christmas cards done and am running really short on time. I did an explosion of snow on my BG.

CAS407 Winter Christmas by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

k dunbrook 12-12-2016 02:20 AM

Very fun challenge Kia...thanks.

here is my card:

Happy New Year!

sistersandie 12-12-2016 03:23 AM

A great challenge idea today - love it!

CAS407 ~ Celebrate! by sistersandie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sandie
x

bubblestx4 12-12-2016 05:34 AM

Oh Kia - What a FUN challenge and the perfect incentive to bring to life an idea that has been floating in my mind to gift to a Crafting friend of mine this Christmas!

This is my quick & simple Project for the challenge:

Absolute Truth ! ! by bubblestx4 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hobbydujour 12-12-2016 06:05 AM

Another card for your challenge, Kia....this time a little more abstract.

SNOWY RIDE

Vickie Y 12-12-2016 06:29 AM

What a fun way to bring in the New Year!

CAS407 New Year Happiness! vky by Vickie Y - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Kemernow 12-12-2016 07:37 AM

Great theme! Here's mine!

CAS407 New Year Countdown! by Kemernow - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

SodakStamper 12-12-2016 08:29 AM

I am watching the same scene from my window today! Here is my card:
CAS407 Snow Explosion! by SodakStamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 12-12-2016 08:35 AM

CAS407 Merry Wishes

Dedicated to all you stampers- made a "lighted" tree with a bit of designer paper bits from a stamping recycle bin- adding some coloring, and wrapping the base with yarn and baker's twine. Used a snowflake punch for my tree topper! Here's Merry Wishes

Precious Kitty 12-12-2016 09:31 AM

hen I think of New Year's I think of glitter and balloons! Great challenge today Kia!

CAS407 New Year's Eve

donidoodle 12-12-2016 09:36 AM

Loved this challenge!
Here's my card:
CAS407 Pop the Cork by donidoodle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

susanbri 12-12-2016 10:29 AM

Fun challenge, Kia! I went with a shaker card as you sort of get an explosion of sequins when you shake it! Here it is:

Shaking in the New Year

tessaduck 12-12-2016 10:34 AM

CAS407 January 1

bubblestx4 12-12-2016 01:23 PM

My craft room is STILL a major Mess but now I've finished a second piece of Framed Art to hang in MY craft room - (the first was done as a gift for a friend) - Here is:

Creativity - OH yeah! by bubblestx4 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

snietje 12-13-2016 01:20 AM

here is my embroidery explosion

firework by snietje - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Snietje

Crafty Julia 12-13-2016 08:20 AM

CAS407, CC613 Merry Mouse

Went with vivid yellows, red and greens for my explosion of color- keeping it CAS- and also used this for this week's color challenge (red, green, curry yellow). Did some fussy cutting and got out my punches for my mini flower and sentiment. Here's Merry Mouse