Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Cards (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-47/)
-   -   February - Christmas Card Challenge 2013 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-47/february-christmas-card-challenge-2013-a-563609/)

susanbri 02-14-2013 02:34 PM

Scootstv, you're not alone - I don't play along with the theme for all of my cards. I did one for January's theme, and might do one for February's, but otherwise, it's challenge enough for me to get my quota done!!

Great batch of cards!

Ksnurse 02-14-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootsv (Post 20006111)
I know you girls have given us a 'theme' to push us to make our cards but I do not need that. I have been saving my cards, to fit them into whatever month, but decided today to just post my FIVE cards a month whether they fit the theme or not. Sorry to NOT play the way you want us to.

1. Caroling
2. Bird Skating
3. Desiree's Tree
4. Silent Night
5. Glittered Trees

Thanks for the CCC to keep us making our cards all year long. It is great to have them done way before they are needed! Thanks for all you do for us.

girl, you play however you want...just as long as you get them done and I don't hear any distress calls coming from you in Dec....the challenges are there if you need an idea to springboard from...

Cook22 02-15-2013 07:08 AM

I may have been late in Jan, but my WT sample cards have brought me in super early this month :D.

Holiday Birds

WT414 Christmas Banners

WT414 Triangular Christmas

IC375 Snowy Village

susanbri 02-15-2013 10:39 AM

I've already posted my quota of 10 for February but hadn't done one for the challenge of winter sports so thought I'd do one extra for February:

Triangulated Skaters

ohmypaper! 02-16-2013 10:09 AM

I am just now getting to my Feb. cards! It's been a hectic month both for crafty projects and life stuff. My bear isn't doing any winter sports...but maybe my next entry will have a sports theme!

Winter Joy

ohmypaper! 02-16-2013 05:07 PM

Nope, no winter sports on this one either but I really had fun putting the card together. I love this snowman and I actually have the card sitting here in front of my monitor. Every time I look at the smile on the snowman...I just have to smile! This will be my 2nd of 5 for Feb.

JOY, Joy, Joy

Sophiecat 02-17-2013 07:37 AM

Here's my February design. I use this vintage Santa stamp every year - it's one of my favs. I also used two of my favorite Christmas dp's which makes it very fun to create these cards.
CCC13 - Feb - Vintage Santa by Sophiecat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gg nurse 02-17-2013 10:29 PM

Just joining & I'll have to go back & do some non-traditional colors for Jan. This isn't a winter sport, but it's a Christmas card made in Feb, so I've started anyway!
JOY by gg nurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Ksnurse 02-18-2013 04:31 AM

Welcome...Welcome....it's never to late to join the fun team....we're here all year..

stampersandee 02-18-2013 10:49 AM

Here are my February cards! Twelve done for the month!

CCC13-Peace on Earth by stampersandee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CCC13-Sing to the Lord by stampersandee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DiHere 02-19-2013 02:57 AM

I've failed miserably at the theme for this month - I'm going to stretch the outside activity to the limits with the first snowman one (you have to build them outside, right?!!)
Framed Snowman.

The next three are set outdoors, but not much activity happening with them!
Santa Moon
Star of Wonder
White Christmas

This last card was actually the first one I made in 2013 but got bumped out of January's set so I could group more similar cards together.
Gingerbread Man.

February done! It'd be a great time to get a head start on March - fingers crossed I manage it!

Ksnurse 02-19-2013 07:12 AM

Way to go girls...several already finished Feb and it's only 3/4 way done....WHOOT!!!! GOOD JOB..

ohmypaper! 02-19-2013 08:47 PM

Here is my 3rd of 5... Keeping my fingers crossed I get 2 more done. My son is having surgery tomorrow and I will be busy taking care of him the next few days and then in-laws are showing up the following week. How am I going to get cleaning AND card making done before the end of the month? :)

Blessed Christmas

beetle76 02-20-2013 08:32 PM

Nearly there, 2 more. Both in a layered design:
Marina Mist : ccc13 - feb4 by beetle76 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
B&W: ccc13 - feb3 by beetle76 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Magouille 02-21-2013 07:57 AM

Hi everyone! This is my card!:CCC 13 210213 by Magouille - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

shelia 02-22-2013 03:27 PM

Here's my second card for February.

Silent Night Holy Night by shelia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Jill with a G 02-23-2013 09:26 AM

CCC13 for Jan and Feb!

Here are my cards for January and February! So happy to have these done! This is why the CCC is so fun and important to me, so I can stay caught up!
Snow Swirled 2013

Jill with a G 02-23-2013 09:42 AM

February CCC13

February CCC done!

13 Snow Swirled done for January and February!

So happy to have these completed! :smile:

JBgreendawn 02-23-2013 08:14 PM

Straight up... mine are going to be late, I signed up to do a card booth the weekend before Easter and I am spending all my cardmaking time either doing things for the booth or cards I actually need (now ) so, Christmas cards have hit the back burner until after Easter..
( I do have some really CUTE IO snowmen having snowball fights colored and stickled for this challenge though) thats as far as I got with them :mrgreen:

Ksnurse 02-24-2013 06:15 AM

I admire those of you prolific enough to do booths....wow...I am way to slow to do that...good luck to you

Chktg716 02-24-2013 01:15 PM

CCC13 February by Chktg716 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Just uploaded my February cards....the pattern came from CTMH 'Make it from you Heart' Vol 1. It is pattern 23. They went together quick...Made 8 so far.

pvilbaum 02-25-2013 05:34 PM

Wow, I thought I could get all of my cards done last night and technically I did do 6 cards (I signed up for 5) but they were only 3 different ones. I know I could count that but I really like making different cards for the 5. So I still have two to go. Will try to get them tonight.
Here's what I have so far:
Skiing
Skating
Sleigh Ride

Ksnurse 02-25-2013 06:21 PM

Pat, you can make em all the same if you want....nobodies checking...I bribe the challenge police so they don't come here....teehee....and I'm so glad Val didn't need all the easy mount and could send you some.

smadson 02-26-2013 04:00 PM

I don't think we have to play with the theme. The theme is just in case we need it!
:)

Oddesigns 02-26-2013 04:42 PM

Yay! I finished all 10 a few days early. I'm a little behind where I wanted to be, but I got it done in time. I couldn't make it work with the monthly theme, because the only winter sport involving deer (my 2013 card theme) that I could think of is hunting, and I really don't want to imagine my beautiful stag becoming stew.

Anyway, here's my Feb card design:

Peaceful Stag

stampindoe 02-26-2013 05:50 PM

Finally got these uploaded:

CCC13 FEB Card: SUO, CCC13 FEB Quilted Christmas by stampindoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CCC13 FEB Group: CCC13 FEB Group Quilted Christmas by stampindoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

pvilbaum 02-26-2013 08:52 PM

weird to quote myself but thought I would get all my cards posted in one place that way. I finished my last two cards tonight. And I am so proud of myself because I am ahead of my plan because I made at least two of each of my 5 cards this month.
So here are the last two:
Skating Bird
Entertaining Friends

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvilbaum (Post 20028008)
Wow, I thought I could get all of my cards done last night and technically I did do 6 cards (I signed up for 5) but they were only 3 different ones. I know I could count that but I really like making different cards for the 5. So I still have two to go. Will try to get them tonight.
Here's what I have so far:
Skiing
Skating
Sleigh Ride

Jay_Bee 02-27-2013 03:33 PM

Sorry didn't read the challenge - just hurried to complete my cards. Haven't managed to get them on SCS yet but they are on my blog here all in one post

susanbri 02-27-2013 05:36 PM

Gorgeous batch of cards, Jay Bee - I especially love the blue ink-stained one with the black trees - it's stunning.

Ksnurse 02-27-2013 07:09 PM

gorgeous cards Jay Bee...love all the tree ones and the fancy ornaments...great job

vikkijo 02-28-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19968303)
Well, I don't go caroling in the Summer! LOL

:)
Sharon

LOL

Well why not? It would be an original plan!

Wdoherty 02-28-2013 07:13 AM

Here are my cards for the February challenge. I made 4 of each design to fulfill my commitment of 8 cards each month.

Couple Skate
Couple Skate - Group
Sledding Fun
Sledding Fun - Group

vikkijo 02-28-2013 07:25 AM

good question and answer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19972905)
I have a question. On my Feb Christmas card for the challenge I put keyword of CCCfeb ( as in Ina's title of challenge) and CCC13. I noticed that I am only one in CCCfeb. So what is the correct keyword for the challenge? And if I didn't do the challenge, do we only use CCC13? Or do we use CCC13 Feb? See, i am confused what we use on keywords. Or do we just only use CCC13 all the time?

thank you
Sharon

I didn't even notice a keyword for the challenge...goes to show how much I pay attention! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksnurse (Post 19973017)
I just use CCC13 on all of them and post in the right months topic. so I guess either works.

I hadn't thought about the challenges being separated by keywords,

I'd say as long as you get a link posted in the correct month it's all good! But some like to jump right to the galleries and just put in keywords so you could do both key words

CCC13 and CCC13 FEB (or month for challenge)

vikkijo 02-28-2013 08:08 AM

AWESOME

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysexycool (Post 19995339)
hello, haven't been here for a while ..... i can see all those nice creations for this month so decided to add mine as well

Scraps #3- ribbons, CCC13 February by crazysexycool - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Apart from that, I would like to share a news, not really a Christmas one but .... I am soo happy - I'm pregnant and going to have a baby :) :)

Elizabeth

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysexycool (Post 19999150)
thanks Ladies, my baby is due on 5 September :) just wondering if I want to know the sex of a baby ...hmmmmmm .... anyway, maybe you can help me with boys names ..... I have for a girl already , but boys .... i struggle with .. :-o

LOL When I was pregnant with DD 3 ultra sounds said BOY..I was so prepared for Isaac Noah in March 1985

But noooo Feb 28th I have Carrie Louise! LOL

vikkijo 02-28-2013 08:16 AM

names

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysexycool (Post 19999150)
thanks Ladies, my baby is due on 5 September :) just wondering if I want to know the sex of a baby ...hmmmmmm .... anyway, maybe you can help me with boys names ..... I have for a girl already , but boys .... i struggle with .. :-o

Carrie got her name form my 2 maternal Great Grandmothers..Carrie and Louise
DS1 is my middle name Jo (Joseph) and his dad's middle name Keith

DS2 is Paternal Great Grandfather Andrew & Maternal great Grandfather Noah

I like the old names. One great Grampa was August.. didn't thrill me! LOL

vikkijo 02-28-2013 08:31 AM

no flu

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manycookbooks (Post 19987700)
Here is my first feb card.
and it's also a fs. :}

Oh my I didn't know the fonts got so big! I hope none of you have this nasty flu that
I have. Been in bed for 2 days now and I even got the flu shot or it would have been worse. For 2 days my throat hurt so bad I couldn't even swallow water. Don't worry through - you can't get sick through a computer. yet at least.

Head cold from hell though!
I had 2 8 hour day of PT Testing. I was taking Dayquil and they said I couldn't take it those days, as it has a pain reliever in it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME
not only was my arm killing me but my whole face!
LOL Iskype with y grandson and he had a cold.. I teased that I got it from him.
Virtual germ spreading!

vikkijo 02-28-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootsv (Post 20006111)
I know you girls have given us a 'theme' to push us to make our cards but I do not need that. I have been saving my cards, to fit them into whatever month, but decided today to just post my FIVE cards a month whether they fit the theme or not. Sorry to NOT play the way you want us to.

1. Caroling
2. Bird Skating
3. Desiree's Tree
4. Silent Night
5. Glittered Trees

Thanks for the CCC to keep us making our cards all year long. It is great to have them done way before they are needed! Thanks for all you do for us.

The challenges are for inspiration when you are stuck and don't have any ideas.

vikkijo 02-28-2013 08:47 AM

I have January and Feb started, but no mojo..is there a fix for that?

My January card needs my lazy butt to punch out leaves for a wreath... so go do it right!

February need me to glue rick rack on....

Ksnurse 02-28-2013 09:07 AM

well, at least they are started...that's something....

Now hup 2...3...4....get marching....and punch punch glue punch punch glue....

yellowrose46 02-28-2013 10:36 AM

vikki jo, I am a one arm person like you now...........have a fractured greater tuberosity in my left shoulder, and have to see an orthopedic surgeon next tuesday.