Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:42 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Postcards for the Canadian Troops

I just received the news that Elizabeth Andrews, CFB North Bay will again assist us in getting our Christmas Postcards to the Canadian troops overseas.

I'm aiming for 10,000 cards this time so that we can send greetings to every one of our gals and guys serving in the Armed Forces.

Cards should be addressed to "Any Canadian Soldier" as the Department of National Defence uses this term whether for the army, navy or airforce.

"There are no special "rules or regulations" regarding references to Christianity or Judaism in someone's message on a post card." - Chaplain John Wilcox, DND HQ, Ottawa.

Therefore, you may begin making your Christmas/December/Holiday/Winter/Hanukkah/Ramadan/Kwanzaa/New Year's greetings for our troops at any time. Please though, read my instructions carefully. After the Canada Day postcard exchange, I have learned several things that will make it easier for me to pack the cards. Please print out these instructions and pass them along to any group or crafter who is willing to participate:

1. Postcards to be 4" x 6" ONLY.
2. No folded cards or ATC's.
3. No thick embellishments or ribbons.
4. Absolutely NO brads with 'wings' exposed.
5. No plastic bags.
6. Decorate the front of your postcard. On the back, address the card to "Any Canadian Soldier". Sign your name. It's up to you if you want to include your entire return address. I signed my Canada Day cards, "Diane and Bob in South Porcupine, Ontario".
7. I strongly urge you to write in a message of support for the recipients. Remember, they will be thousands of miles away from family, friends, snow and the traditions of the season.

Please pass this email on to other Canadian stamping or cardmaking groups, teachers, youth group leaders, church groups etc. We received 1,188 Canada Day postcards with only one month's notice. For this exchange, we have the entire summer so let's aim for at LEAST one card for every single Canadian soldier serving overseas, not just those in Afghanistan! DH & I may have to move out of the house, LOL, but the cause is well worth it! We have lots of time to show our support and go coast-to-coast with this one, so I'm aiming high - 10,000 postcards! Are you in?

Do not mail any cards to me until mid-September so that I can get them off to the troops by October 15. (small house!) However, I will be accepting your "Christmas Postcards for the Troops" at Stampfest in Bancroft on August 12, if you have them ready by then.

Thank you so much for your participation. Know that you will be doing something truly appreciated by our gals and guys so far from home.
Diane Armstrong
Box 817, 74 Powell Avenue
South Porcupine, ON
P0N 1H0
[email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone who is doing this for the US Troops?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes