Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #681
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Sherry and kudos to Amuse for great communication. . .

this was in the communique, in the lounge forum, in my email inbox and now here!

We are amuse | studio and we are INFORMED!! :^)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #682
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczarnecki View Post
Hey ladies, new shipping rates, check your email to see if you received the details! Good news for all of our customers, and US!

Also, I started a new a•muse|studio group at PCP Bi-Weekly challenges, can we do there here too?
I just saw this today, looking for challenges!!! I don't see why we couldn't have challenges here, too.

I've dropped a note to someone to find out where and how we can do it -- I am assuming we'd like it to be amuse-only, right? I'm not sure if we are restricted from/to certain areas because it could be considered promotional.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #683
Glitter Guru

I think you cant say its A Muse only...but that we would "like" for everyone to show us their A Muse creations. I know on member companies challenges thats what they do, but then, they pay to be a member company. I think its awesome to participate in the challenges, using all A Muse stuff tho!

And I am so excited about the workshop shipping changes. Even tho I havent had a workshop, I hope to someday, and I think this will be AWESOME! Better than SU shipping even! =)
Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #684
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I just saw this today, looking for challenges!!! I don't see why we couldn't have challenges here, too.

I've dropped a note to someone to find out where and how we can do it -- I am assuming we'd like it to be amuse-only, right? I'm not sure if we are restricted from/to certain areas because it could be considered promotional.

Hi!

We don't allow branded challenges in our forums because that is considered promotional. However, you are of course welcome to share your challenge cards in the gallery and keyword them so you can find them all together.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store | My Online Classes
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #685
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understandblue View Post
Hi!

We don't allow branded challenges in our forums because that is considered promotional. However, you are of course welcome to share your challenge cards in the gallery and keyword them so you can find them all together.
Thank you! After I wrote to someone else, I thought - I should just ask Lydia ;^) .

Can "amuse" be in the challenge keyword?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #686

I wouldn't use that for a challenge keyword because the existing keywords for the A Muse company gallery are:
  • a_muse
  • amuse
If you want the challenges to be grouped together each challenge would need its own keyword - pretty unique with no spaces is best.

Otherwise they will be all mixed together with existing art and non-challenge entries.

Make sense?

Love Splitcoast?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #687
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I wouldn't use that for a challenge keyword because the existing keywords for the A Muse company gallery are:
  • a_muse
  • amuse
If you want the challenges to be grouped together each challenge would need its own keyword - pretty unique with no spaces is best.

Otherwise they will be all mixed together with existing art and non-challenge entries.

Make sense?
Oh yes. I wasn't thinking of amuse on its own. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #688
Compulsive Stamper

I'm an amuse studio creative consultant too! Was too good a deal to pass up. Loving it so far, but I definitely need to find more time to devote to it.
a•muse|studio consultant #1140

amusestudioandstuff.blogspot.com
Old 05-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #689
Glitter Guru

welcome!!
Blog

Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #690
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
  • a_muse
  • amuse

Make sense?
I totally understand this, because a lot of my cards are tagged a muse or amuse.

How about this, I love the idea of CAS and CAS has become unique lingo to the stamping industry. There is even a CAS challenge on this site weekly. A•muse|studio is perfect for CAS, however, I wanted something different so.....

What if we carry over the idea created on PCP (papercraft plant) of BTB (Ban the Bulk it means, you can have embellies, but they have to be mailable, fairly flat, that cost no additional postage). I could post the challenges in the forum that I am doing on PCP.They are tweekers (two weekers). We could mark our cards here BTBamuse1 and so on, ***This could be a whole new LINGO DUDE*** so do ya love it?
a•muse|studio consultant #1022
www.amusestudiostamps.com
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #691
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll check it out, once I get approved to see it LOL
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #692
Glitter Guru

You are so funny, it didn't bother me either way whatever you name I will do. I was actually thinking of putting a keyword thing in the lounge too, I label mine "amusestudio" no spaces I got that from JulieHRR, I just went to her gallery to see what she was using. I have actually had a customer mention that they were sad more stuff wasn't in the gallery here but I didn't ask what key word she was searching

Quote:
I totally understand this, because a lot of my cards are tagged a muse or amuse.

How about this, I love the idea of CAS and CAS has become unique lingo to the stamping industry. There is even a CAS challenge on this site weekly. A•muse|studio is perfect for CAS, however, I wanted something different so.....

What if we carry over the idea created on PCP (papercraft plant) of BTB (Ban the Bulk it means, you can have embellies, but they have to be mailable, fairly flat, that cost no additional postage). I could post the challenges in the forum that I am doing on PCP.They are tweekers (two weekers). We could mark our cards here BTBamuse1 and so on, ***This could be a whole new LINGO DUDE*** so do ya love it?
Blog

Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #693
Rubber Obsessor

YES the simple amusestudio all one word works too! And it's probably more universal!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #694
Glitter Guru

ok I will do that then but you still need to do a challenge My brain isn't clever enough.

Quote:
YES the simple amusestudio all one word works too! And it's probably more universal!
Blog

Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #695
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Hi girls!
We don't allow sharing of offsite challenges (other sites and blogs)in the SCS forums. We also don't allow branded challenges (company challenges of any type).
Lydia spoke to you previously about keywording and that is fine. I believe she was talking about adding your keyword to existing SCS challenges that you play in using Amuse products so you girls can find each others projects easily.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #696
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Hi girls!
We don't allow sharing of offsite challenges (other sites and blogs)in the SCS forums. We also don't allow branded challenges (company challenges of any type).
Lydia spoke to you previously about keywording and that is fine. I believe she was talking about adding your keyword to existing SCS challenges that you play in using Amuse products so you girls can find each others projects easily.
Thank you for the clarification! Sorry about that!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:54 AM   #697
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycrunchymama View Post
I am on the brink of joining. I just have SO many questions.
Me too! I love the variety of their accessories in their catalog and that they sell copics and the images are all copic friendly.

Only thing I dont like are the papers, but I guess they will add as they go.

I do have some questions though. Do they allow other products to be used if you post on your blog? I know with the others you can only use their company items on your cards.

I'd love to be able to see their policy book before I sign up. I dont want to be surprised after the fact.

Beth
Old 05-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #698
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth you can use other goods but they can't be from another home based like company. Meaning Stampin Up,Close to my Heart etc
Old 05-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #699
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystie lee View Post
I just want to clarify, you can use whatever you want and post it on your blog. You can list ALL of the supplies you used, even if they're from another home-party seller. You can be on design teams. You can link to stores that don't sell through home parties. You can link to your friends blogs who are SU! demos. You just can't link to other home party webstores or be a demo for other home party stamp companies.

I just spoke to headquarters yesterday about all of these specifics.
Thanks! That's the clincher for me. Like Ted, I had the same concerns. I love most of the things about A Muse, but still have lots of product from PTI and SU to use up.

I dont really like the patterned paper on A Muse. Hopefully they will add more unique paper, or carry a line from another popular company.

But knowing that I can create products for my blog that use up my old stash while still selling new A Muse product, it is a win win for me.

I'm going to sign up soon. (Gotta pay for my wedding first )
Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #700
Glitter Guru

Congrats on the wedding! when you do take the amuse studio plunge you can either request a specific upline or search by zip code to find one closest to you. But to me distance is not that big of a deal when we all are newbies and there is so much technology to keep us connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
Thanks! That's the clincher for me. Like Ted, I had the same concerns. I love most of the things about A Muse, but still have lots of product from PTI and SU to use up.

I dont really like the patterned paper on A Muse. Hopefully they will add more unique paper, or carry a line from another popular company.

But knowing that I can create products for my blog that use up my old stash while still selling new A Muse product, it is a win win for me.

Blog

Old 05-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #701
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post

The paper does seem limiting at first, but it's such nice quality, and there are so many other ways to add interest to a card. I find that when I make all a|s stuff I am being more creative. I have used patterned paper on every card I've made for over five years now, so I am heavily addicted.

I have an a|s blog now which features a|s stuff, and I have my old blog, where I will continue to play with my old stuff, and show items from my Etsy store.

Get married, and then come join the a|s party! We'll leave room on the dance floor for ya!
My A Muse Studio
Old 05-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #702
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl View Post
The paper does seem limiting at first, but it's such nice quality, and there are so many other ways to add interest to a card. I find that when I make all a|s stuff I am being more creative. I have used patterned paper on every card I've made for over five years now, so I am heavily addicted.

I have an a|s blog now which features a|s stuff, and I have my old blog, where I will continue to play with my old stuff, and show items from my Etsy store.

Get married, and then come join the a|s party! We'll leave room on the dance floor for ya!
That is a great line, reminds me the commercial I think it was super 8 we will leave the light on for you.
Blog

Old 05-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #703
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami02usc View Post
That is a great line, reminds me the commercial I think it was super 8 we will leave the light on for you.
I just know how much fun we have on the a|s forum, and know that the more gals we have, the more fun we'll have! Right, Sami?
My A Muse Studio
Old 05-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #704
Glitter Guru

absolutely!!! by the way congrats on #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl View Post
I just know how much fun we have on the a|s forum, and know that the more gals we have, the more fun we'll have! Right, Sami?
Blog

Old 07-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #705
Stazon Splitcoast

hello all, how many times per year will there be a new catalog?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #706
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Hey- they will have one main catalog per year. There is a holiday catalog that is being released on August 22.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #707
Stazon Splitcoast

fun, cant wait to see it
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #708

Hey guys -

This is yet another reminder about our promotional policy.

We've had frequent mod notes in here, and will have to close this thread if we have to spend a lot more time on it, so we appreciate your respectful acknowledgment of the rules.

Thanks!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #709
Stazon Splitcoast

Wasn't trying to be promotional, just seeing if I could help someone out.

I would really like to know if it was my post being promotional, as I don't think I am, and would just really like to know, so as not to repeat.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #710
Stazon Splitcoast

ok, saw the holiday catalog and yay, I think i'm signing up next week. Saw the current catalog and I want that mustache set!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #711
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatingisfun View Post
ok, saw the holiday catalog and yay, I think i'm signing up next week. Saw the current catalog and I want that mustache set!!!!
Yay Martha!! Welcome to the club!

I saw another thread about mustaches being popular and just yesterday I was photographing some kids and a few girls pulled their hair across like mustaches -- I may be getting that set myself!! I could see combining it with steampunk, western, and old-movie type stamps and fonts.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #712
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Yay Martha!! Welcome to the club!

I saw another thread about mustaches being popular and just yesterday I was photographing some kids and a few girls pulled their hair across like mustaches -- I may be getting that set myself!! I could see combining it with steampunk, western, and old-movie type stamps and fonts.
I have a 13 and 11 year old and they just bought some mustaches the other day and we were taking pictures with them, thats why I loved that set hahaha.
can do a little scrap page with them
Old 08-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #713
Stazon Splitcoast

I did it
signed up
Old 08-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #714
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatingisfun View Post
I did it
signed up
Far out, Martha!!! Congratulations and welcome!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #715
Stazon Splitcoast

thank you
Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #716
Stazon Splitcoast

just got shipping notice that was quick!! and getting it a day before my bday! yippie!!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #717
Stazon Splitcoast

What a fabulous birthday present!! Happy Birthday, Martha!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #718
Embossing Fanatic

I just signed to be a consultant!!! I am so excited and just found out my kit was just shipped - August 29th can not come fast enough!!!

So pumped to be part of this team!!!

www.scripptyscraps.blogspot.com
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #719
Stazon Splitcoast

WOOHOOO! good for you....
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #720
Insane Embellisher

Just got the holiday catalog from my Mom. Oh my!! I just love the snow globe die, felt and the fabric adhesive is a great price. I cannot wait to order! I am going to go broke with amuse ctrmh and su's new holiday stuff!!