Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #4281
Mini Quack

[QUOTE=mschoener;17938456]Ditto! Listen to Kelly, Soni. You do need to take care of yourself so you can be of help to others. Prayers being said.[/QUOTE

YEP I AM EATING SOME CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP AS I READ !

I FORGOT BREAKFAST...OOPS

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #4282
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I think most of us have a thing or two that may not be what we wanted to do or send... but in ALL I am sure what you have done is MORE than enough !
I know my QSS is getting LOTS of goodies

I did hit a snag with the altered item this morning so am going back to plan A.

Bob is playing gopher and chef today. I sent him to West Plains to pick up pictures - forgot to get one developed last week when we were there ::: sigh ::: which means he drove 80 miles round trip for 62 cents worth of pictures LOL Oh well. He needed something to do.

While he was there - apparently they found the first round of my pics that got printed last week AND a duplicate set of pics I'd gotten done in Nov. - Bob's deer pictures! Don't know how they duplicated those... or where they found them. Because the H box was empty behind the counter the other day. Hmmm

He's making chili for supper. I've already warned him I am NOT doing dinner dishes. It took me 2 rounds to get everthing done this morning. I refuse to put my fingers in dish water til Sunday
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #4283
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry that you have to carry all this burden on you Soni, but I know that it also weighs on Wally's mind. I hope he can get some relief soon.
Taking care of the bank is a minor thing right now ! At least it is something I am able to take care of ! Not sure what changes we will be needing to make yet...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #4284
Stazon Splitcoast

haven't thought about lunch. Probably should. Hmmm
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #4285
Mini Quack

Story time...

I had seen a card in the gallery that I loved, I asked the girl what stamp company it was, I looked and could not find it... she is on a design team for a certain company
I usually will not ask for images , since they are designing for a company, but she asked if I would like some..and for my address...I received "the" card in the mail today...with the stamp !...
OMG it just made me cry...

just the other day I had a girl tell me that she designs for several companies, which I thought was odd, any way because of that, she would not ever send or share images, that would take away from the business for that company...
Quite a bit of difference in the two situations...

If I like how this stamp works, I would be inclined to try more...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #4286
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell... do you have problems with your Cricut cutting GP paper? I have my depth and my speed set to cut everything else fine but it doesn't cut all the way through GP. Suggestions?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #4287
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Soni...hope you get some rest. Don't get yourself run down and sick. Be sure to rest and stay warm.

Maggie...It's a point and shoot Kodak, 14mp 5x zoom. Target had them on sale for $79.99. I don't need a fancy camera. And besides if I had a fancy one then Bill would want to take it with him and he doesn't need it on the truck. He either loses or breaks stuff that we have to replace all the time. A semi is just not a safe place for stuff like that.
Hope you can get on tonight. Miss seeing you around. Sorry for all the headaches you've had lately over that mess.

Shell...sounds like you had a very full day yesterday also. I know when I went to Target, they had bathing suits out already and the winter stuff on clearance. Not finding a sweatshirt is just silly for the stores not to still have them on the racks/shelves.
I was a little surprised at the drs though. I didn't know they take the gall bladder out thru the belly button....that explains why mine is still pretty sore. He said that it will take about a month for it to really heal and not hurt.

Suzy...how ya doing down there? Bowling? How's Jack feeling? Take it easy!

We have sunshine and it's still COLD out though. The kid that does my odd jobs was here and shoveled off the decks. My mom said we aren't to get anymore snow until the 24th. By then all this snow should be gone. I'm sure next week since we'll be having 50-60 degree weather, we'll have alot of mud.

I posted a card in my gallery, in case you are interested.....just sayin.
when they did my gall bladder surgery, they left me with 3 whole...one slightly larger ... but they were tender to touch for a couple of weeks...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #4288
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I know my QSS is getting LOTS of goodies

I did hit a snag with the altered item this morning so am going back to plan A.

Bob is playing gopher and chef today. I sent him to West Plains to pick up pictures - forgot to get one developed last week when we were there ::: sigh ::: which means he drove 80 miles round trip for 62 cents worth of pictures LOL Oh well. He needed something to do.

While he was there - apparently they found the first round of my pics that got printed last week AND a duplicate set of pics I'd gotten done in Nov. - Bob's deer pictures! Don't know how they duplicated those... or where they found them. Because the H box was empty behind the counter the other day. Hmmm

He's making chili for supper. I've already warned him I am NOT doing dinner dishes. It took me 2 rounds to get everthing done this morning. I refuse to put my fingers in dish water til Sunday
I was planning on making Wally chicken stroganoff...but I did not get it started early enough
I think he will get baked chicken, baked potato and corn and a salad !

I will be good with boiled chicken and baked potato...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #4289
Mini Quack

Quote:
Shell... do you have problems with your Cricut cutting GP paper? I have my depth and my speed set to cut everything else fine but it doesn't cut all the way through GP. Suggestions?
I have had trouble with the GP not sticking... even on a new mat... I figured it was something in the finish...

hope Shell can help ya out

I need some tea then to get a handle on all of this BLUE stuff...I hope

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #4290
Total Quack

Quote:

Shell...sounds like you had a very full day yesterday also. I know when I went to Target, they had bathing suits out already and the winter stuff on clearance. Not finding a sweatshirt is just silly for the stores not to still have them on the racks/shelves.
I was a little surprised at the drs though. I didn't know they take the gall bladder out thru the belly button....that explains why mine is still pretty sore. He said that it will take about a month for it to really heal and not hurt.

We have sunshine and it's still COLD out though. The kid that does my odd jobs was here and shoveled off the decks. My mom said we aren't to get anymore snow until the 24th. By then all this snow should be gone. I'm sure next week since we'll be having 50-60 degree weather, we'll have alot of mud.

I'm still amazed that - with snow on the ground - there are no sweatshirts in the stores.

Yep. They sure do. I have a cute little scar in my belly button from that. LOL!!

We're suppose to have 59 degree temps next week ... Typical GA weather. I don't think we'll have any more snow this year, but what do I know? I would have never guessed that we would have nearly as much as we've had.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #4291
Stazon Splitcoast

Bob will be happy. I'm playing with my Cricut today as I finish up a couple of things for my QSS
Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #4292
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I'm working on helping Maggie out. I don't think it's SCS... though that is when this started. I don't think she'd be able to get on anywhere if it were SCS. And they are working with me to try and figure out how to help her.
Glad to hear that you are helping Maggie out with this situation. I wouldn't have a clue where to start if it were me.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #4293
Stazon Splitcoast

Since we've had very little snow on the ground to keep the temps down, I think our forecasted temps for the mid 50's next week will creep closer to the lower 60's. Be nice to hang sheets on the line next weekend!

I'm also waiting anxiously to start sketching the garden layout. Kitty got her Beck's catalog today and we were discussing flowers over the phone. hehe
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #4294
Stazon Splitcoast

I also got Sue and Adrian's valentine box put together and he took it with him to the PO. With 2-day, they should have it Monday easy.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #4295
Mini Quack

Kel I cannot get to Curts World new posting...I book marked his blog but it is taking me to an older page...I did not see a new posting just Feb 2

do you have a link I can try?? or do you know if he has his blog updated?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #4296
Total Quack

Quote:
Story time...

I had seen a card in the gallery that I loved, I asked the girl what stamp company it was, I looked and could not find it... she is on a design team for a certain company
I usually will not ask for images , since they are designing for a company, but she asked if I would like some..and for my address...I received "the" card in the mail today...with the stamp !...
OMG it just made me cry...

just the other day I had a girl tell me that she designs for several companies, which I thought was odd, any way because of that, she would not ever send or share images, that would take away from the business for that company...
Quite a bit of difference in the two situations...

If I like how this stamp works, I would be inclined to try more...

Oh, that's wonderful!! I'm so glad to hear that. You needed that today.

Many people design for more than one company.

I talked to my company owner before I did the ones for the challenge swap. She was happy I did it because it got her images more in the gallery and more in the spotlight.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #4297
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Glad to hear that you are helping Maggie out with this situation. I wouldn't have a clue where to start if it were me.
I don't think it was anything that I did, but I had to see if I could help. Just couldn't see not having Maggie here... ya know?

What do you hear from Deb? How's her QSS coming. We've not heard from her for awhile?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #4298
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Soni...hope you get some rest. Don't get yourself run down and sick. Be sure to rest and stay warm.

Maggie...It's a point and shoot Kodak, 14mp 5x zoom. Target had them on sale for $79.99. I don't need a fancy camera. And besides if I had a fancy one then Bill would want to take it with him and he doesn't need it on the truck. He either loses or breaks stuff that we have to replace all the time. A semi is just not a safe place for stuff like that.
Hope you can get on tonight. Miss seeing you around. Sorry for all the headaches you've had lately over that mess.

Suzy...how ya doing down there? Bowling? How's Jack feeling? Take it easy!

The weather has been something else. This is the first time we've had to stay in for more than a day! Last week we had 2 days in the house...which meant no bowling last Wed. The league secretary called and said that people had cabin fever and wanted to bowl. Apparently they didn't have quite as many as they thought would come. The ones I talked to didn't go. But, we do have to make up that game before the 23rd. Back to last week....schools were out Tuesday-Friday. Thursday we did get out...went across the lake had Chinese and then did some errands of the bank and groceries. Friday we had more snow....we stayed home. Saturday we got out for the rocket club meeting. Sunday we stayed home...too cold. Plus the game was going to be on later.

Monday was lunch with the couple we bowl with...and then off to bowl. I was "HOT" when it came to bowling that day. I had a 122, 131 and then ended the day with a 154! I was so excited! We headed out to the high school...and one team was ready to fly their rocket. Did that...ate on the way home. Tuesday we went north (about 15 min) to pick up my sewing machine that was in for tuning and cleaning. It hadn't been done in way too long! I could have used it while snowed in...but, hey...if I really needed to sew, I had 2 other sewing machines I could have gotten out. So, the need wasn't really there! Got that...had some lunch out..and then picked up a few more supplies because we were expecting more snow on Wed. Went and did practice bowling at 3pm. I did a 104, 122 and then another 154! Whoo-hoo! Didn't stay for the whole time...we needed to get home and get cleaned up and changed for a dinner at one of the high schools. We were asked to bring rockets and talk to some of the high school teachers that have the STEM academy at their schools. That went well..and we got home about 10pm. Well before the storm hit. Bowled last night...did a 131, 156 and then a 123. I carried the team for most of the night...which hasn't happened before! That was wild! So, we make up our game next Tuesday during practice time. Sure hope I can do well that day!

Now that I've written a novel......I think I've caught you up on things here!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #4299
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Oh I had a hair appt for yesterday that I canceled because of too much ice in the driveway. So, that was rescheduled for Friday. Then the chiropractor was today. Jack took me because there was still some ice on the roads. It will a little tricky a few times in our lane....namely the HOV lanes. Not many people had used them. On our way back through downtown....south bound was totally backed up. A big accident with a semi and a car. I'm sure it will make the news tonight. Got back closer to home....ate Chinese at our favorite place...and now we are home.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #4300
Total Quack

Quote:

Nope.

Do you have depth, speed, and pressure at the highest levels? Try that. Also, you may need a new blade. That happens sometimes.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #4301
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I still have one blue thing to do....which I've sort of have an idea....but, it's not done...YET! One thing needs to be finished...sitting here mostly done.

I will be done in time to mail.......
Old 02-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #4302
Total Quack

Quote:
I have had trouble with the GP not sticking... even on a new mat... I figured it was something in the finish...

hope Shell can help ya out

I need some tea then to get a handle on all of this BLUE stuff...I hope

Gracious! I have had no issues with that, either. If anything, it sticks too well on mine.

That might be a mat issue.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #4303
Total Quack

Quote:
Bob will be happy. I'm playing with my Cricut today as I finish up a couple of things for my QSS

Mine is running, too. I'm working on a birthday card for Kenzie.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #4304
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I don't think it was anything that I did, but I had to see if I could help. Just couldn't see not having Maggie here... ya know?

What do you hear from Deb? How's her QSS coming. We've not heard from her for awhile?
I haven't actually talked to her either! I know that she has been working more recently. The last I had talked to her she said that she was almost done with everything. I will send her a reminder note about when it needs to be mailed. I guess she had sent me a email on Sat night. She said that she had come in from SA and the neighbors had a fire in their yard. These are the ones across the road from them. So, they got out with shovels and started putting it out. The lady didn't know anything about it....she was in the house. They had a campfire the night before...didn't put it out well...the wind kicked up....and got it going again. Lucky they caught it in time...in was about 100 yards from the neighbor's house!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #4305
Mini Quack

Quote:
Oh I had a hair appt for yesterday that I canceled because of too much ice in the driveway. So, that was rescheduled for Friday. Then the chiropractor was today. Jack took me because there was still some ice on the roads. It will a little tricky a few times in our lane....namely the HOV lanes. Not many people had used them. On our way back through downtown....south bound was totally backed up. A big accident with a semi and a car. I'm sure it will make the news tonight. Got back closer to home....ate Chinese at our favorite place...and now we are home.
Glad the two of you made it out, about, and home safely...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #4306
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Nope.

Do you have depth, speed, and pressure at the highest levels? Try that. Also, you may need a new blade. That happens sometimes.
I finally did switch out the blade and cut fine from there. I didn't think too much about the blade because I hadn't really used it. But it was the blade that came with it so....

New blade (everything was already set at high speed/depth) and it's working fine. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #4307
Mini Quack

Quote:
I still have one blue thing to do....which I've sort of have an idea....but, it's not done...YET! One thing needs to be finished...sitting here mostly done.

I will be done in time to mail.......
I have been sorting and playing this after noon, waiting on some thing to DRY...
... Some went together nicely, some are ok

One I am still not happy with...but thinking on that one !

I hope to think more tonight, If I go to see Tammy tomorrow, I may try to look for one idea... , I hope to have it packaged up this weekend... I have little piles all over this room... but at least they are more pleasant than the ones I was out side picking up ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 02-10-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #4308
Stazon Splitcoast

Scary about Deb's neighbor, Suzy. Imagine the damage had they not come home when they did.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #4309
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll bet they are Soni.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #4310
Stazon Splitcoast

I have one giving me fits but only because I can not get one picture to size out right without being all pixelated. Emailing Maggie to see if she can send me a better one.

Bet ya'll are wondering why I wanted your pictures - huh
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #4311
Total Quack

Quote:
I finally did switch out the blade and cut fine from there. I didn't think too much about the blade because I hadn't really used it. But it was the blade that came with it so....

New blade (everything was already set at high speed/depth) and it's working fine. Thanks!

It's hard to tell when to change those, but if all else fails, try that. Sometimes, it will drag across an image, too, and that's time to check the blade, too.

Glad it helped and you have it working.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #4312
Total Quack

I did another challenge today. It's the Ways To Use It challenge. It was to use birthday stuff. I needed to make Kenzie's birthday card (party on Saturday ... she's 1!!!), so I did that one for the challenge. Took me forever because I had some 'creative' idea ..... I need to STOP doing that!!! LOL!! It did turn out kind of cute, but dang. It took me a long time.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #4313
Total Quack

I'm exhausted tonight, so I'm not staying on here long.

Photography Site

Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #4314
Quacker Stamper

Hi! Quackers! I'm finally back! All the way!
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #4315
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm exhausted tonight, so I'm not staying on here long.
Me too. I just did 50 min. of workout! Did 60 sec on the Challenge Plank tonight. I've started running every night too around the island. That helps to burn off those calories.

I have dinner plans with my GF Gloria tomorrow night, so I won't get a chance to workout tomorrow night.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #4316
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I did another challenge today. It's the Ways To Use It challenge. It was to use birthday stuff. I needed to make Kenzie's birthday card (party on Saturday ... she's 1!!!), so I did that one for the challenge. Took me forever because I had some 'creative' idea ..... I need to STOP doing that!!! LOL!! It did turn out kind of cute, but dang. It took me a long time.
Can't believe she's 1 already. Go with the creative stuff. Wish I had more time to do that. Usually I'm in such a hurry, I don't have time to add extra touches or use some new techniques. One of these days I need to go through the SCS newsletters and see which techniques I want to try and then print off tutorials.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #4317
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have one giving me fits but only because I can not get one picture to size out right without being all pixelated. Emailing Maggie to see if she can send me a better one.

Bet ya'll are wondering why I wanted your pictures - huh
I got the e-mail. I'll have to see what I can find.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #4318
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have been sorting and playing this after noon, waiting on some thing to DRY...
... Some went together nicely, some are ok

One I am still not happy with...but thinking on that one !

I hope to think more tonight, If I go to see Tammy tomorrow, I may try to look for one idea... , I hope to have it packaged up this weekend... I have little piles all over this room... but at least they are more pleasant than the ones I was out side picking up ...
Sounds like a good day for you - playing and getting things together.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #4319
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I haven't actually talked to her either! I know that she has been working more recently. The last I had talked to her she said that she was almost done with everything. I will send her a reminder note about when it needs to be mailed. I guess she had sent me a email on Sat night. She said that she had come in from SA and the neighbors had a fire in their yard. These are the ones across the road from them. So, they got out with shovels and started putting it out. The lady didn't know anything about it....she was in the house. They had a campfire the night before...didn't put it out well...the wind kicked up....and got it going again. Lucky they caught it in time...in was about 100 yards from the neighbor's house!
Wow! Scary, so glad that they were able to get it put out and alert their neighbor. Could have been so much worse.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #4320
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hi! Quackers! I'm finally back! All the way!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to have you back, Maggie.

Photography Site